(PP-F1) <<Earning A Living>> (Crozeph)

(11533)

Aeternum spun his blade twice, preparing to attack, and smirked as the boar charged him. He stabbed his sword into the ground and jumped, letting the boar collide with the blade, damaging itself. He hadn't jumped high, maybe two feet, just high enough for the tusks to avoid hitting him. He looked at Crozeph, saying, "I'm surprised that actually worked."

He pulled his sword from the ground and said," Have at em, Crozeph."

Combat Info

Aeternum - 4/7 HP (Rolled a BD of 9, scored a crit.)

Crozeph - 17/26 HP

Boar 3 - 2/11 HP (Rolled a MOB of 3, missed)

Crozeph nodded after hearing what Aeternum said "got it" he uttered. Crozeph dashed forward, his sword and the boar's tusk hitting again making a sound like two metals clashing at each other. Crozeph slashed through the boar while it stabbed his leg again with it's tusk. The boar shattered after a few seconds but didn't drop any loot, his level was already too high for the boar to drop one "sorry about that, I'm no help in these kind of mob anymore" he told Aeternum as he slowly walked towards him, limping because of the boar's attack.

[iD: 11618]

Battle Dice: [10] critical

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare +2 critical

Mob Dice: [10]

2 damage +2 critical

Crozeph 13/26

Aeternum 4/7

Boar 3 0/11 DEAD

Aeternum looked at Crozeph, saying, "No help? Why, without you, I would have been dead shortly after fighting the first boar." He laughed, "You seem very kind, and I am glad you were willing to help me. I believe this quest is complete, so why don't we head to the city? We both have taken quite a few hits." Aeternum sheathed his sword and started off, saying, "Hey, glad to share a guild with you, man. It's nice. I thought this game was filled with despair, yet our guild shows otherwise."

He continued walking, and swore to himself that he would fight for his guild until his last breath. They were all such nice people, he would fight alongside them until they could leave the game. That was a promise.

Crozeph scratched his head "well I did helped a little with the killing but the loots are a dismay" he said. Crozeph answered with a nod with Aeternum mentioning that the quest is over and how he was glad for Crozeph to join "no problem, a person also helped me reached who I am now, this my way of repaying him and beside, I'm your guildmate" he told him "we help each other out" he added. Crozeph walked back with Aeternum to the main settlement, confirming the success of Aeternum's quest and getting their rewards. Crozeph opened his inventory to see if there's anything he could give Aeternum "man, my bag is as worse as a beginner" he said "I can't really give you anything right now but if you ever need help like this one, just call me" he told him. Crozeph then continued onwards to the city with his guild mate.

(12133)(LD 12, fail)

Aeternum held out the singular chunk of material, which was a dull grey color and barely reflected light. What could he turn it into? He would find out soon enough. He froze in his tracks, seeing a rather large cave entrance off in the distance. He laughed and said, "I remember hearing about mining, so why don't we try that? The more mats the better, right?"

With that, he took off, making his way to the cave. It was dark, but appeared to be quite extensive. He turned and grinned madly before delving into the depths of the stone maw. Mining should be easy right?

As he fumbled through the dark, he found a rather odd feeling hunk of rock. He drew his sword and beat upon the rock, then attempted to pull it from the cave wall. Still nothing. He grunted in exasperation and moved on.

Crozeph watched as Aeternum did his thing, he didn't understand a lot of but one thing is clear "so are you trying to craft some kind of weapon or anything out of metal?" he said. Crozeph has never taken blacksmith as a profession, he was too weak to lift hammers and shape something out of nothing "I'm more of a guy who tests something out, not create" he told Aeternum who is now entering a cave looking for another chunk of metal or rock to use for his profession "I'll take a look here if I can give you something that can help" he said as he eyes a wall that seems to be hollow on the other side. Crozeph unsheathed his sword and aimed at the wall "here goes nothing..."Crozeph made a quick thrust creating a hole on the wall. Crozeph took a look inside and saw something glowing as if it was something that can be used by Aeternum "look I found something" he said holding out a ore as he pulled it out of the wall and followed behind Aeternum who is also trying to find something.

• [iD: 12272] LD: [19] 1 material
  • gained 1 material
  • gave 1 material to Aeternum

(12346)(LD 2)

Aeternum accepted the ore and said, "This'll come in handy, my friend." He continued onwards, laughing as he found a chunk of ore lodged firmly in the wall. He repeated the process of beating the ore, and was not surprised when he failed to acquire the ore. He glared at the wall, and said, "Please, just... I need your cooperation."

He glanced at Crozeph and said, "This may be ever harder than fighting mobs, but it sure is safer." Returning his focus to the cave, he blundered about, still trying to find materials.

Crozeph nodded in agreement "this is safer but a little boring" he told Aeternum "add my no luck thing on finding loot and it'll be more boring" he said looking at another rock that seemed suspicious to him. Crozeph unsheathe his sword and slashed at the rock cutting it horizontally hoping that it would reveal something inside. Crozeph took a step forward to look but found only the solid surface of the rock where he cut it clean. Crozeph sighed and sheathe his sword again "I guess we'll have to look elsewhere then" he told Aeternum who is also having no luck on finding materials "well it wouldn't be much of a quest if it was easy" he added eyeing another wall and knocking on it.

• [iD: 12360] LD: [12] no loot

(ID 12893)(LD 10)

Aeternum laughed,"Yeah, I have to agree with you. But it is a major thorn in my side, you know." He continued further into the cave, and squinted at an oddly large cluster of odd material against a cave wall. He made his way to the materials and went to pick a lump up. The lump started squirming, and was revealed to be a beetle the size of his fist. Aeternum grunted and tosses it away, saying, "Stupid bug, I need material, not gooey bug guts."

He frowned, why was it so hard to actually obtain what he needed? Oh well, he will get what he needed eventually.

[iD: 12930] LD: 17 1 material

Crozeph kept on touching walls, hoping to feel something and think of it as a material "well that's too bad to hear and it looks like there's another one" he said stopping. Crozeph slashed at the wall again making a few chunks of stone fall down. Crozeph kicked it and tried setting his eyes on something useful "don't wander deep in the cave, we don't want to get lost ok" he told Aeternum. Crozeph then saw something glimmer a little. He picked it up and realized that it was a material Aeternum could use. Crozeph called out to Aeternum and showed his the material "here, this will help" he said, handing the material to his guild mate.

• [iD: 12930] Loot Dice: [17]
  • 1 material
  • Aeternum gained one material
  • 2 weeks later...

Aeternum nodded gratefully. He smiled and said, "Hey, if I can make something useful from one of these lumps of stuff, would you want it?" He hoped Crozeph would say yes, and continued, "I will need to buy myself a hammer, but yeah, how about it?" It was the best offer he could make. He thought for several long moments and said with eagerness, "Hey, follow me. Let's see what I can do."

With that, he made his way to the cave entrance. From there, he continued on his way to the Starting City. He looked back to check for Crozeph, and simply smiled. He hoped he could make something for him.

Crozeph thought hard for a second "well I think I'm wearing most of what I need" he said. Crozeph has been wearing the same clothes for a long time and most of them are his loots "I only order weapons for blacksmiths, well one time there was an armor so..." Crozeph then saw Aeternum walk out of the cave and he followed hi back to the starting city "well I don't really need anything now but you can make something that can help the other members of Square One" he told him as they walk "especially weapons and shields" he added. Crozeph has been helping someone start something new inside the game. It felts good to at least help others and not put them in danger, it seems he's also improving as he helps others along the way.

(14089)

Aeternum roamed through the town until he found an NPC merchant who offered a simple blacksmith's hammer for a rather low price. He quickly bought the hammer and said to Crozeph, "Okay, I saw a nice rock outside the city that will work for my attempt. Let's go." With that, he once again led the way. Upon arriving at the rock, he retrieved the first material from his inventory.

-----

-350 col

-Aeternum gained Blacksmith's Hammer

-----

Aeternum set the material on the rock, which happened to be almost exactly like a table, and did the first thing that came to mind. He hit the material several times, and watched as it began to take the form of a sword. Suddenly, the material/sword bent, becoming completely useless. He grunted and pushed it aside, saying, "I can try again."

-----

Failed attempt, CD 5, LD 6, no salvage.

-----

Crozeph followed quietly as Aeternum gathered the things he needed and mentioned a place where he could at least forge something as his first attempt for his profession. Crozeph didn't know what to say, he knew nothing of blacksmithing, even its background so he could only remain quiet. Crozeph watched as Aeternum hammered the lump of metal on the rock and tried making something from scratch. Crozeph crossed his arms and watched amazed "looks tiring but I hope the results will be..." Crozeph then was surprised, the material Aeternum tried hammering was destroyed. "Was it his aim? no, must be how he hits it" he thought. Aeternum told him he could try again and Crozeph nodded in approval "there is always room for improvement and we all have our worst days" he told Aeternum as he continues to watch his guildmate.