[SP - F6] A furry companion <<Feeding the Enemy>>(Completed)

Finally returning to her senses, Ariel stood up and checked her HUD clock and next the map, while wiping off any remaining tears. The lion cub continue to watch her slightly tilting its head when Ariel rose from the ground, and make a short purr that was more like a dog bark. She couldn't restrain herself from laughing: "What, you wanna be a dog now:))?" She now felt better and took a step closer to it, kneeling before it while saying: "Thank you little guy, It's not your fault I started crying..its just that I have a huge fear of cats..they freak me out..and you suddenly brushing your furr against me kind of caught me off guard".

The cub saw the bite marks on Ariel's left hand, went near her and started licking her forearm. At first she thought it was going to leave, thought it was getting bored of her. But when it started licking her wound Ariel unconsciously flinched, retracted her arm, causing her to get out of balance and landing on her rear. Despite her sudden movements the cub got closer again and resume licking her wound.

Feeling the fear slowly coming back she gently retracted her left hand and started patting it on the head."Don't worry, it doesn't hurt anymore. And I've made that damn snake pay tenfold for what he did." She suddenly realized what she was doing..but didn't heel the anxiety or fear as before..in fact she quite liked the fuzzy sensation she was feeling right now. "Maybe I'm not completely helpless" she then directed her words towards the little cub.

"Hey..wanna be my familiar? I can't promise that I'll give you hugs and kisses everyday but I will treat you like my partner and we will both evolve and break through our limits until we become front-lines together, and after that we'll see what happens. She then stopped patting it and looked it in the eyes, the cub looked at her in the same way, apparently understanding what she said. Then it stood up and let a powerful roar, scarring every creature that might be around them. 

Then it got closer to Ariel and let its head down..expected to be patted for her performance. And she happily obliged, excited that she now had a familiar.

Then she raised up herself and looked around them while saying: "Now let's get out of here, you might have scared all the small creatures but I doubt the bigger ones get that easily intimidated." The lion cub got by her side, being careful not to brush her with her fur. Then Ariel summoned her map and checked the time..21:20. The skies were already tinged with a orange line, she couldn't see the horizon with all these trees around them but was 80% sure that the daylight will last for a at least another half an hour, she turned towards the cub and asked it..now Ariel was almost certain it could understand her:"Are the familiars coded with some sort of voice recognition program?" she thought before saying. "I'll have to get you a name, but first lets get out of here. Now, show me what you're capable of." and aAriel started dashing with her full speed in the direction of the Amazon Village, taking a glance behind her to see if the cub was following her.

She was pleased to see that the white lion cub almost instantly started dashing with unbelievable speed almost catching up with her. Ariel then showed a grin and started running faster, avoiding incoming trees and vines. After a few moments she looked behind her again to see if the cub could keep up, but saw nothing but green trees behind her. She then heard a growl at her right, "when did it get here? I was certain it would have a hard time following me considering it's only a cub. Guess I was wrong, perfect.." They continued running all the way until they reached the village, they were lucky not to have encountered any mob. Fighting in this low light and jungle conditions might've proven difficult for the newly formed duo..they had to take it one step at a time in nurturing their relation.

The finally made it to the safe zone..the inside of the town..it was dark already. Ariel thought about going back to her shop and call it a day, but so much happened today, and she had some extra col to spend since she received a message about a advanced payment from her shop being done. She then looks towards the cub and smiles saying: "well I guess We can sleep here today..I guess you're tired as well." and as she said that the cub started yawning confirming her assumption. "I guess we only have to find a Inn or someplace to sleep for tonight." and she started looking left and right for such a place. Fortunately the lion cub at her right started walking in the city in a apparently random direction, Ariel shrugged and doubtfully followed her.

"You know this place better than I do don't ya? Do you even know where you're going?" but she didn't listen to Ariel and continued to make its way sometimes stopping to sniff the air. 

Then started sprinting towards a unknown location, Ariel dashes after her ignoring her surroundings.Then after taking a turn, the cub stops abruptly in front of a building. Ariel follow right away and puts her hands on her knees, trying to get her breath: "Geez *gasp gasp* don't go running like that, this is a safe zone you don't have to hurry*gasp*."But the lion ignores her and lets out a small roar, Ariel then changes her gaze towards the building in front of where they stopped. She recognized it immediately as the tavern she was earlier today with the gypsy woman. The place where she bought the meat..."meat...wait..don't tell me you followed your nose her because you sensed the smell of the meat I feed you?" 

the lion cub began to purr as it was the most natural thing to do in this situation, averted its gaze from Ariel's eyes. The she let out a sigh before continuing: "Well since were , we might use this opportunity to get something to eat." truth be told, she was starting to feel a little hungry herself, she could also ask the bartender/owner if there was a Inn nearby. Before entering the Inn she hesitated for a second "Do they even allow familiars in shops? well she got into the city without problem and appears to be moving freely. And the gypsy woman said they were quite popular years ago..Well we'll have to see" She opens the doors and signals the cub to enter, with her head. The cub happily enters the tavern like it owned the place, clients appearing to not even notice that a lion cub entered. "I guess I was fussing for nothing" she closes the door behind her as she enters and heads towards the bar.

The tiger gets near some clients and sniffs around their plates but doesn't touch them..just stares at them intently, then turning her head towards Ariel starts heading to the bar and sits near Ariel's feet, purring quietly."Don't worry I'll get us something to eat, just wait a few more minutes. Hey mister, how are you doing." she addressed the bartender that was walking toward her. He stops and takes a look over the counter to see the white lion cub purring happily at its owner's feet. "I see you made a new friend. What can I serve you? please order whatever you want it's on the house, to celebrate your meeting with the furry companion down there."

"Well if that's the case then..." and she started ordering the full course for her and raw meat stake for the sleepy lion. The cub immediately wakes up when the food arrives. Ariel motions it to jump on the seat next to her so that it may eat at the bar's counter like her, the cub executes the maneuver with ease and the both start eating from their respective plates.

After the pair finished its respective meal, the lion went back on the floor and started purring. Ariel on the other hand was finishing her drink when she asked the bartender. "Hey, sorry to disturb you again, but can you tell me where can I find a Inn or something to crash for the night? It's been a long day" she stares at the sleeping cub "for both of us.". The Bartender finished wiping a wine glass and was about to start another when she said: "There is a Inn, but it's on the other side of the village. You are both welcomed to spend here the night if you need a place to crash. We have a free guest room upstairs. Free of charge of course, it will be my pleasure to house such a noble creature and its owner." Upon hearing his offer Ariel showed a smile while saying: 

"I think I'll take you up on that, Thank you very much sir!" then the bartender got a key from his pocket and placed it on the counter "The room is upstairs, the 3rd to the left. Rest well, tomorrow breakfast is from 8 to 10 so be sure to eat something before you leave." With a nod Ariel hoped of her chair, upon landing she woke up the cub from it's short slumber. She the picked up the key and started walking: "C'mon Kimba were going to sleep."

She stops midway while climbing the staircase, and turn towards the cub "Did I just called her Kimba? like the white lion from those old manga and anime?" The cub was already behind her climbing the stairs and soon passed her reaching the top, Ariel followed with her gaze then addressed the lion cub directly: "Hey do you like the name Kimba?" Then the familiar tilted its head and let out a small growl before making its way towards the 3rd door on the left. Now Ariel was 100% sure it understood human speech, at it walked exactly at the door that the bartender described. She then followed Kimba to the door and opened it. The instant the door slightly opened Kimba entered the room followed by Ariel. The familiar sniffed around the room while Ariel examined the interior. It was a pretty average looking room with a couple of paintings, a bed, a desk and a drawer, it wasn't the most comfortable place but at least it was free.

Kimba, after finishing sniffing the place immediately leaped on the bed and made herself comfortable. "Hey get down, I sleep there...will you have me sleep on the floor?" but the familiar ignored her and started purring happily. Ariel let out a sigh while she started changing in her pajamas, then she tried to talk to her again..but heard only the purring..seems Kimba fell asleep. "What am I going to do with you..." whispered Ariel while she slowly went on the other side of the bed. Fortunately it was a large double bed, and she had enough space left to sleep on her right side. She unlit the nearby candle and slowly whispered while smiling: "Good night Kimba." then she closed her eyes and tried to fell asleep, while hearing a small growl followed by purring near her feet where Kimba has already sleeping.

The next morning Ariel woke up pretty early as usual, but there was somebody that wasn't quite the early bird as her. Kimba was still sleeping at her feet, apparently changing her position through the night, now she was stretched over Ariel's covered legs with her own 2 rear feet dangling at the edge of the bed. "Really, weren't you supposed to greet me in the morning? living in the jungle and all I thought you didn't need all that sleep." only then Kimba's ears twitched upon hearing her voice and the lion finally decided to wake up, yawning while looking at Ariel. "Well good morning to you too!" said Ariel while getting off the bed and petting Kimba on the head while starting to yawn herself..."Geez I hope your laziness doesn't rub on me, how about we have breakfast before we leave?" she then takes a look at the watch in the room. 08:35 AM. "The owner said breakfast started at 9 if I remember it correctly."

Then Ariel started dressing in her usual battlegear, leaving the vambraces and shoulder pads, last as always..but she had forgotten that she left them at the shop for some reason. Instead proceeded to putting her "Lucky Gloves" and "Lucky Charm".

Before putting the gloves she took a look at the place she was bitten by the snake yesterday. No mark was left as her skin was the same as the rest of her arm. Kimba took a look at her while she was changing and uninterested wanted to go back to sleeping.Ariel noticed the lion cub's attempt to snooze and decided to sit on the bed near her, removing her left hand glove and pointing out the beforementioned area.

"Look it healed completely, you didn't have to worry" In all her actions Ariel tried to get as close to Kimba without directly touching her fur, to avoid another episode like the one she had yesterday in the clearing. 

Kimba raised her head and stared blankly at the place she was pointing, then she decided to lick the place where the wound was. At first Ariel was surprised and wanted to retract her arm, but she didn't feel the same fear rushing through her as yesterday. She could only feel the small amount of adrenaline resulted from the surprise. With a smile she proceed to patting Kimba on the head while saying: "I guess patting you and the head, and you licking me all alright, but please don't leave your drools all over me." Kimba let out a pleased growl while shaking her head as if nodding.

At 08:50 they finally left the room and walked to the tavern's dining hall to have some lunch. Ariel made sure to leave the room as she found it while keeping Kimba outside so that she couldn't interfere. They reached the bar and the owner greeted them with a smile:

"Good morning how did you ladies sleep? I hope the bed wasn't to hard for you." Kimba only growled before she started walking in a random direction..sniffing the place around, Ariel returned the smile while saying: "Like a child old man, once we reached the room we fell asleep like a couple of children late for their bedtime. Don't worry about the bed, my little friend's snoring kept me awoke, the bed were just fine."

"Good to hear that, so..what would you gals like for breakfast?" asked the bartender.

"Something light..we plan to eat quickly and get back home. I have to get her accustomed with the cold from the 4th floor, as soon as possible.

After finishing their respective meals. Ariel eat a couple of sandwiches while Kimba ate more of the sliced meat she liked so much. Then they waved goodbye and Ariel thanking him for all he has done for her. Kimba let out a growl in agreement, then they left the tavern heading towards the teleportation gate. Once again, Kimba wanted to lead the way but got confused a couple of times and decided to walk by Ariel's right. In the meanwhile Ariel wondered if they would meet that gypsy again, she forgot to ask the tavern owner her name or where she lived. "In the end I'm certain we will meet again sometime, It's not like NPCs can die even if they are old and look frail..I'm sure we'll meet her again and get to properly thank her."

After they finally reached the teleport gate, Ariel thought that she may warn Kimba of what awaits them on the other side. So before entering the event horizon of the gate she turned toward Kimba and kneeled so that she was facing her. "Hey, I know that I told you were heading home but I have to worn you to be prepared for what's on the other side. Its very cold on the 4th floor, I know you have your fur and all but still, don't go off running randomly or you'll get lost, okay?" Kimba let out a roar of approval amd then they both went though the gate.

Luckily on the 4th floor the sun decided to shine all bright as it was already noon by the time they arrived there. Kimba took a look around them several times, at this floor there were significaly more players than on the 6th floor. And the building looked diferent as they were mmade of stone and bricks opposed to the hay hutts and lumber buildings back on the previous floor. Ariel looked at Kimba and let out a small chuckle before she started moving towards her shops location, the lion cub quickly snapped out of its daydream and started folowing her, growling at any player that she felt ill intend from.

"Theres no need for that Kimba, here they can't harm us no matter what they do. Just ignore them and enjoy the sight" said Ariel while watching Kimba's reaction. "Besides we have bigger thing to worry about" she continued while grinning. She spotted a hot-dog stand nearby and wanted to surprise Kimba. But it appears that Kimba already sensed the sausages currently being boiled and followed her nose directly at the stand. Ariel soon followed and ordered 2 hotdogs, after receiving the orders they went to a nearby bench to enjoy it. Ariel placed the second hotdog at her side and Kimba hoped on the bench and ate the thing in one bite..."Seriously..don't tell me you want another one..geez you'll have to go on a diet or I'll the Tailor shop will go broke." she said giggling. Kimba saw the opportunity and took a bite..eating half of Ariel's hotdog as well. "Hey!!!!!! stop it.... this is mine" She then opened her shop and materialized a coin pouch with 5 col. "Here take this and give it to the man..he'll give you another one.But that's the last one okay? Don't spoil your appetite before dinner."

Kimba didn't hear the last part as she was already midway with the pouch in her mouth. She approached the hotdog vendor and dropped the pouch at his feet. The vendor first was scared a little and then he shows a bright smile upon laying his eyes on the pouch. He bends over to pick it up and weights it..his smile vanish the instant he lifted the pouch. Kimba looked at him and let a warning roar towards him. The hot dog guy twitched, them immediately prepared 2 hotdogs instead of one."here take it..just don't bite me please...." Kimba ate the first one then took the other wrapped one, careful enough not to touch the exposed top. The smell was tempting her but she resisted until she arrived at the bench where Ariel sat and left the second hot dog at her side. Ariel, who saw everything that happened let out a smile and handed her the remaining half of her hotdog and started patting it on the head while saying: "I see you know your way with people and are capable of self retrain sometimes..I think you I and I will get along juuuuust fine". She then ate the hotdog Kimba brought and after started heading towards the Shop. "C'mon we're almost there" 

They stopped in front of the shop, Kimba tilted her head looking at the big lion head  above the entrance and let out a roar. Ariel smiled while opening the front door."C'mon get in, I think you wanna get worm as bad as me." Kimba timidly entered the shop with Ariel after her and started looking around.

"It isn't much but it is my home...well it was..now its OUR home, and I don't want you to climb on the... " she didn't finished her sentence as kimba went around the shop and decided to jump on the front desk. The desk was made of weak material..something like bamboo and snapped the instant  Kimba landed on it resisting her weight for only a fraction of a second. Ariel put her hand on her face(facepalm) while mumbling...

"Well I've wanted to change that old desk for some while now."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Topic End-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Familiar Gained: Kimba, she's a white furred lion cub with 3 black stripes, that's a bit smaller than a mature St. Bernard and has a height of just a little above Ariel's knees (idk exactly how many inches 6-9?, well maximum size admitted)

Familiar enhancement: +1 Acc

Title Gained: 'Kimba's Tamer'

Col Gained: 800

Materials Gained: 1

SP Gained: 2