[PP-F1] Just a Spoonfull of Sugar... (Secret Medicine)

Keith was detouring the first floor for some quests he may have missed. He had his menu down and looked at his map, which was leading him to a potential quest-giver in the area. He came to a small clearing in front of a large forest and saw a short old woman standing in fromt of her cabin. She had a small yellow exclamation point above her head, so she was indeed a quest-giver. Keith walked over and she spoke. "Excuse me lad, my husband is sick and I need a special plant to make medicine. Can you help me?" Keith HUD window popped up and said, 'Accept?' He hit yes and looked into the woods, strange noises and crys could be heard from it. 'Better not do this alone.' He thought to himself. He pulled down his menu and typed up a message to Zauis. 'Can you help me out with a quest? I'll give you a cream-filled bread roll if you do.' Then he sent it and waited.

Zauis saw Keith's message as he chuckled slightly and hopped outta the tree. "Heya Keith. I've been here a while waiting for someone else to take the quest. I'm surprised it's you actually. I thought you would've already done this quest. Heheh I'll help you if you hold up your deal of the bargain." I said while my bowl cut hair blew in the slight wind alongside my black and green scarf and my all black trench coat. I walked over to him and patted his back.

Keith smiled at his friend and sent a party invite. "Nah, I got a little caught up in clearing floors I missed this one." He set a waypoint to the quest's location and his eyes transitioned from dark silver to green, lighting up the way. "So, you ready to go?"

Chuckling a bit while I stuck my hands in my pockets while turning my attention towards him. "I see. I haven't done this quest for myself either. I don't really need the Anneal blade even though it's pretty strong." my dark green eyes looked at Keith as if they were examining him. "Yeah, let's get going before I die of boredom. This'll be a fun journey." I said with a smirk while pushing Keith to lead the way.

Keith smirked and gave Zaius a playful nudge in the ribs. "It's gonna be a lot of walking from here, let's just hope some monsters appear or something to keep us entertained." He kept following the path, as the began to grow more and more dense.

I pouted at the nudge to the ribs while placing my hand over my side. "Ouch Keith.....that was mean of you." I said teasingly while listening to his statement about it being a long walk. I remember doing this as my first quest with Cicila. I chuckled out loud and quickly covered my mouth with my scarf. "If some monsters show up it'll be even more entertaining, but I'm not sure why but I just wanna take it easy. Check it out." I said while going through my HUD and revealing two nice looking sandwiches which he had obtained from the diner. Handing one to Keith with a smile. "I saved these two from when I came from the diner. Eat up!" I said while taking a bite of my sandwich making my face light up delightfully.

I patted Keith's back gently as we continued walking. "Don't talk too much with your mouth full. I don't want you to choke bro. And I haven't got married yet. Were getting married very soon actually. Come to the wedding bro? But I haven't talked to Oske in a while actually. We even planned to have a little girl name Mavis to be our daughter. She seems attached to me anyway but she's barely getting to know Oske." I sigh while looking down at my sandwich.

As I heard him yell in my ear I fumbled with my sandwich and dropped it. My eyes widen as I drop to my knees looking at the shattered pieces. "Darn!" I looked up at Keith and shook my head. "No way man. It's a little cute kid I found all alone and she's only six so I wanted her to be our daughter. That's all. But at the moment she's getting to know Oske better before she makes her final decision. Though I'm sure she enjoys me cause we spend a lot of time together. But who knows...?" I sigh.

Keith thought about how terrifying it would be to be a child all alone in this game. But if Keith had a dad like Zauis with him, it probably wouldn't be so bad. The topic of parents brought back the memories of Keith's own father, who was someone Keith had just gotten away from. "Well, maybe I could meet Mavis sometime? She could call me Uncle Keith!" He said, handing half his sandwich to Zaius.

Zauis had a moment of silence after his words while he thought about his sandwich. I looked up at Keith and chuckled at his words while getting up he handed me half of his sandwich as I took a huge bite while giving Keith a fist pound. "Sure Keith! If everything goes as I planned then defiantly yeah." I said calmly as we continued on our journey to help Keith obtain the Anneal blade. "So how's your big brother Garou doing? I haven't seen him in a while." I said curiously while biting my sandwich.

Keith took another bite of his half and kept walking with Zauis. "Well, he's been pretty busy lately and playing a lot of his violin. He's also been helping lower level players get some exp." Keith took another bite and glanced at Zauis. "So how did you and Oske meet?"

"I see. It's been a while since I seen that knucklehead. But I guess helping the lower levels is a good thing." I said calmly while listening to Keith. Shrugging at his question a slight smile spreads across my face. I rubbed the back of my head gently. "Well I was just wanting to hang out with her not too long ago and then I think she asked me to go to the festival with her and I said yes. After that we went to her black smithing shop and she crafted me a high leveled sword. Probably because of her love for me. After that I knew what I needed to do. I asked her to marry me." I said cheerfully.

Zauis smiled, upon placing his hand on his chin as if he had to think of what he was going to do. "Well of course I'm gonna find my love. Then maybe I'll search for my other friends. That's all ice got so far. How about you my friend?" I said calmly while finishing off my sandwich.

Keith tilted in his head in thought. "Well, I guess I'll do the same thing as you. I wonder what will happen for all the school we've missed? But for now, we all gotta focus on clearing the game." keith kept walking and looked at the sunlight peeking through the trees.

Zauis placed his hand over his face. He didn't even think of all the make up work this is gonna cost him. "Damn man. Hopefully they let homework go. I mean for the love of gawd were in a death game! Man this sucks. But your right, let's focus on clearing the game." I said calmly while letting a yawn escape from my mouth. Looking up at the sky I smiled brightly. "This place is so beautiful...."

"What do you think will happen to this world when we win? I really want to go home, but what will happen to my dragon when I'm gone? Will he disappear? Will he be alone forever? That's one of the reasons I'm taking my sweet time training and such. It's awful to think about, how with every time I level up I'm just putting another nail in my dragon's coffin." Keith pulled two apples from his inventory and tossed one to Zauis. "What do you think?"

He listened to Keith ramble on and on with some pretty good questions. He caught the apple and smiled. "Sorry, but I honestly have no clue on that. I've never really sat and thought about stuff like that. Guess it's not in my nature to really care about the future of things. Maybe this place will still exist, who really knows? Anyways, I think were near the target so get ready to slice through this quest with ease. The Nepent is weak as hell." I said while going through my HUD and switching to my real wardrobe which was a black jeans and black boots with a chest plate and a long red trench coat which had white trimmings and on the back it had the "Knights of Christ" written on it with the logo of two swords crossing over a shield. He then took a bite of the apple.