[SP-F9] <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Raeyliff teleported to Floor 9 after hearing rumors about a quest that allowed you to have familiars in this game. This is a truly good opportunity to get a good familiar, but it should choose me, not the other way around. He walked around Floor 9's main town, feeling quite heated up and sweating a lot. Wow, this place is really hot. Mines and forges must be open all around here, I assume. In this kind of place, I would take advantage of the volcanoes, the rocks, the ores underground...but since I'm an alchemist, I'd be looking for enhancing ingredients here. Good place to know. he thought, walking around. He decided to take a break, after a while, from the walking he'd been doing all around the town, and sat down to rest. Now, if the legends are true, I should be able to find some good familiars here. I wonder if they'll accept me though. That I will need to find out for myself. he thought, looking around.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raeyliff looked up at the black sky filled with volcano smoke and thought out loud "Okay, how do I learn how to tame a beast? I never knew they could be tamed anyway...or is this just a legend...?" he said. Suddenly, an old gypsy woman wearing a black robe and holding a cane came and sat down next to him before saying "Mind if I sit down here? I think we need to talk.". Raeyliff, being deep in his thinking, jumped, frightened by the voice next to him.

"HEY! Don't sneak up on me like that!" he yelled.

The old woman looked up at him sternly and hit him in the knee with her cane. "Watch who you're speaking to boy. Show some respect for an old lady." she said.

Raeyliff sat down right after getting hit in the knee and bend over, holding it. "Owww...." he said, before looking at the old lady. "Sorry, I was just startled a bit. How are you?" he asked, smiling.

"Startled? Boy, you were scared!" she said, laughing, causing Raeyliff to give her an angry look. "Ah, don't worry. I'll keep it a secret. I'm fine, my boy, but it seems that you are not." she answered. 

Raeyliff looked at the gypsy with confusion. "What do you mean?" he asked.

She sighed. "You want to know how to tame a familiar, am I right?" she asked.

Raeyliff looked at her and shrugged. "Yeah, but can I really do that? I don't think so. As far as I heard, it's some sort of rumor. Or a legend of some kind. Of course I hope it's true, but in a game like this you can't really tell what's real from what's not." he said. Was this one of the game's effects on the human brain? Will I be able to tell what's real from what's not after I come back? IF I return? There was no promise to that either. This game is taking a toll on both my mind and my body, and it might not end well for me if this continues. The gypsy turned to look him in the eye and smiled. "Well, my son. I can assure you it is pretty real." she answered.

Raeyliff laughed. "Just like your fortune telling?" he asked. That earned him a nice hit in the head by the old gypsy's cane. Raeyliff yelled in pain and rubbed his head. "You didn't have to do that, it was just a joke." he answered.

"Well, now you know that the quest is just as real as your pain." she laughed.

"Real funny, old lady. Real funny." he said, and grinned. They laughed together before the gypsy turned to look at him. "Listen, my boy. There isn't much time to waste. I believe you are capable of taming the greatest beast if you believe it. Know that you should not choose the beast, or it will hurt you. The beast will choose you on its own accord and whether it accepts you for the remainder of this quest or not depends on whether you are able of taming it right and keeping it happy." she answered. Raeyliff nodded "What else?" he asked. He needed as much tips and advice as possible from this gypsy in order for him to make the right choice on which beast would he get. It wasn't going to be easy. 

"It has to be small. It can fly or walk on land, it can have fur, it can be a normal animal or a mystical animal. Depends on whatever you want." the gypsy said, looking at Raeyliff.

"No, it depends on if the animal chooses me. That was a test, right?" he asked.

The old gypsy nodded, smiling. "Good boy. Now I'm sure you know your way on finding a familiar...oh wait! One more thing." she said, grabbing Raeyliff's arm before he can leave.

Raeyliff turned to look at her, curious. "What is it?" he asked.  He was standing up, about to thank her before making his way out of town to fight some monsters and get his familiar.

The old gypsy hesitated, nodded, and then let go of his hand. "You'll find out on your own. Meet me at Floor 2 once you're done, I'll be there to talk if you want to." she said, before standing up and making her way to the teleportation stand. "Good luck", she said, before teleporting.

"Wait, what?" Raeyliff asked. As the gypsy made her way to the teleportation stand and teleported, he nodded before walking outside the safe zone. "She didn't let me even say thank you. Wonder what she was going to tell me anyway? Hmm...maybe something I'll have to learn on my own. Old people are always like that, aren't they?" he said to himself, as he walked down the path. He looked around at the monsters around him and started to jog, trying to get past the small levels and into the bigger monsters that were going to be actually worth something. He stopped after reaching a place close to a smaller volcano and looked around at the monsters. "Hmm....seems like I have reach a good place. I don't want these to be my familiars though. Flame dog, flame skeleton...there's also a fire fox here as well...funny." he said, and grinned. "Hmm...I'll take the flame skeleton on first and see how stuff go with him." he said, approaching the skeleton and pulling out his battle-axe in the process.

[8428 BD:7 MD:9]

Raeyliff raised up his battle-axe. "Uhh..hey there, Mr. Skeleton." he said, quite unsure of his choice to fight the skeleton. It had 11 HP but it attack was low, so he nodded. It relies more on its health but its attack is low due to its skeletal body, without any muscles it can't really add any power to its attacks. he thought. Raeyliff nodded. "Listen, dead man. I just want to get a familiar and walk out. No harm done...right?" he asked. The skeleton growled and attacked, hitting Raeyliff powerfully on the chest. "Oww...well, enough of you. Die." he said, and charged. Swinging his battle-axe at it, he was able to slash it's arm off and into the lava. The skeleton looked back at its arm and then glared at Raeyliff before roaring. Raeyliff frowned and then went into an offensive position. "Show me what you got." he said, smirking. 

[Raeyliff: 20/22]

[Flame Skeleton: 7/11]

[8465 BD:9 MD:5]

[Raeyliff deals 5 damage]

[skeleton misses]

Raeyliff charged and swung at it powerfully, knocking another arm off and two of its ribs and making them fall back to the lava, melting them. The skeleton yelled in pain as it bent over in pain. Raeyliff frowned. "I don't want to kill you, but it's just that you're cursed." he said, justifying why he was killing it. The skeleton turned to look at him with eyes filled with hatred, but did not do anything at the moment. He breathed in and out as he adjusted himself back to a fighting stance to be able to finish off this monster with a final swing. He would then move on to the flame dog, see if he could tame the fox, maybe...or even.... what was that flying there? Is...is that a phoenix?! Phoenixes exist in this game?! I've only heard so much about them and how they are in mythology...they should be legendary! Still though, I'll fight this monster for now and another one then see if I can tame anything around here.

[Raeyliff: 21/22 (+1 Life Steal HP)]

[skeleton: 2/11]

[8563 BD: 8 MD:9 LD:11]

[Raeyliff deals 4 damage]

[skeleton dies + 1 mat acquired]

Raeyliff charged directly at the skeleton and swung for it's head. He was scared of missing by hitting too high, but he needed to take that risk in order to finish this battle up, get loot, and continue fighting his way to that thing...a phoenix, as he assumed it was. He wasn't sure, it could've been a dragon that he noticed from far away, but he had to take his chances then as well. He felt his battle-axe make contact with the skeleton's skull and broke it, making it roll across the floor as the golden glow of its eyes faded to nothing and all the bones broke apart. Raeyliff grinned, looking at the loot he got. " Not bad, let's move on to the next one." he said, turning his attention to the flame boar or dog- whatever it was, that was staring daggers into him at the moment. He grinned before raising his battle-axe to fight once more. 

EARNED: 1 MAT + 55 COL

Raeyliff looked at it. "Well, you're definitely not what I am looking for..." he said, before turning to look at the direction where he saw the "phoenix". It was now closer to him than before, looking at him with an intense gaze. It's body was, literally, on fire, but it was a darker shade of red because of it's dark red feathers. Aside from that, it had emerald green eyes that seemed to look through you and in your soul. It tilted its head at him before  looking another direction and flying to it. Raeyliff shrugged. So it is a phoenix after all. I wonder if it had taken any interest in me...I don't feel like the kind of person that can have the power or the personality to have such an amazing being. A phoenix...wow. he thought, before turning his attention to the boar. "Alright, you thing. Let's fight, before I make my way around to level up some more." he said. 

[8923 BD:9 MD:9]

[Raeyliff deals 5 damage]

[boar deals 2 damage]

Raeyliff charged at the boar and slashed it's side and stopped himself from running any further, he turned around to see that it had fallen, shrieking in pain, but then stood up. Oh, was it that powerful? he thought, then noticed that his health bar was back to being full because of the life steal. "Ah, it was critical." he said, before getting rammed by the flame boar. "Oww, you're on fire AND you push me?" he said, falling on his back. He stood up and grabbed his battle-axe. "Well, I'll still get some more materials from you as well, so I don't really care. As long as you die quickly enough." he said, raising his battle-axe to continue fighting. He wanted to take a look at where the phoenix was but decided against it, thinking that it would be much better to focus on his fight than on a bird he wasn't sure if he was able to make friends with or not. 

[boar: 6/11]

[8926 BD: 2 MD:3]

[both miss]

Raeyliff turned his attention to the boar and charged, only to swing way too early. Noticing that, he sighed and shook his head. "God...I'm stupid..." he said, before stopping. The boar was already looking at him as he turned around to look at it, and made a sound similar to laughter. He sighed. "Yeah yeah, laugh all you want. You're still going to die anyway." he said, before raising his battle-axe for another try. He wasn't going to leave before at least getting a material from this boar that he could use to make potions back at his alchemy lab.  Raeyliff, Raeyliff...by the way, if we get a phoenix, what do we call it...? You know, Fawks was  the name given to Dumbledore's phoenix, we can use that...or, we can call it something more original...if you want. he thought to himself.

[boar: 6/11]

[8927 BD:9 MD:1]

[Raeyliff deals 5 damage+ 1 Life Steal]

[boar is just dying now.]

Raeyliff charged and swung at it fiercely, meaning to kill it. He would kill it, he would maybe kill one more monster, then he was done for the day. He'd see if he can get a familiar, raise it, teach it about life, then maybe finish up this quest. But it was just the beginning so there was no rush. Raeyliff grinned after stopping and turned around, knowing that he had made contact. His health bar flashed green as 1 HP returned. The boar was limping, trying to stand, while Raeyliff looked at it. "I'd feel bad for you, but I know that if I died the same way you'd be trying to throw me in the lava. So no, don't try." he said, before raising his battle-axe to finish it off. "I can't promise this will be fast but you will have to cooperate, alright? Thanks for a fun fight, I'll see you later." he said, raising his battle-axe to finish it off. 

[boar: 1/11]

[Raeyliff: 21/22]

[8933 BD:2 MD:1]

Raeyliff raised his battle-axe to swing it down and end the boar's life when he heard it whimper. Then he stopped for a second and backed up. It couldn't do anything, not in its state, but at least he wanted to let it have its final roar, or breath, or whatever. The boar looked at him with eyes he was uncertain of what they showed before it looked up at the sky and made a loud boar sound. Raeyliff nodded as he looked down. He felt like it was better if he killed it and got it over with but he understood. It wanted to die after it had gave its final words. Although he couldn't understand them, he hoped that the boar found its death honorable. Raeyliff then stood up and picked up his battle-axe. "I don't want this...but I have to do it. After you die I'll put your body in the lava so that its fire lives withIin the volcanoes." he said, raising his battle-axe up. He felt the phoenix watch him but he didn't want to look at it now, not at this moment.

[8934 BD:9 MD:10 LD: 20]

[Raeyliff deals 5 damage + 1 life steal +2 material added + 55 Col]

[boar dies]

Raeyliff swung his battle-axe down and closed his eyes, unable to look at the boar. He knew he made contact however, by hearing the small sound of his health bar rising up to its 100%. I killed it and I took it's life. Fun....funn....GOD DAMN IT THIS ISN'T OKAY!! he though angrily, as he bent over and picked it up. He picked it up, and walked over to the nearest small volcano and dropped it's body gently there before it exploded into a bunch of digital pieces. Raeyliff looked over and held his breath before walking back to the place he was in and sat down to take a breath. "I killed a boar, stole it's life twice. I released a skeleton from its evil demon...can they possibly cancel out? I guess so, maybe..I just have to keep moving.." he said to himself, before noticing that the phoenix was still looking at him from a nearby volcano. I wonder what it wants...? he thought.

[8945 LD:20]

[Phoenix familiar obtained]

[Lost 3 bread loaves]

Raeyliff looked at the phoenix as it soared over to get closer to him. He looked at it before asking. "Dear phoenix, what do you want? Hey wait...I have some bread here." he said, pulling out 1 piece of bread. He dropped it in front of it and it looked at him before setting itself on fire. He stood up and backed away. "Okay okay, I get it now, I think. You want the bread on fire?" he asked, and the phoenix moved it's head with the fire growing as it nodded. The bread that was left in front of it burned and it started to eat it while looking at Raeyliff. "Ah, I see." he said. He pulled out two pieces of bread and then, wearing his Philosopher's Gloves, put them in the lava carefully until they were covered, then put them in front of the phoenix. He pulled out the final one and broke it to two pieces and put one in his hand. The phoenix, finishing its bread, looked at Raeyliff before it ate the bread on his hand. He smiled gently. "Say, Phoenix. What if you come with me? I'm in search of a good friend like you, we can go and I can get some stuff for you." he put out his hand to touch it but it backed away, looking at him with intense eyes. 

Raeyliff was confused at first and then he looked at his hands. He realized he was wearing gloves. "Oh, I see. Alright then." he said, then took them off. He put his hand out again but this time the phoenix went on fire. He pulled his hand away quickly. "What..." he asked. Wait, I'm doing something wrong. Look around. he thought, and looked at the skeletons and animals around, who seemed to be fixed on the phoenix. Is he a king...? A leader? Maybe I should be looking away in respect, then... he thought. He then bowed down, closed his eyes, and put his hand out. Please work, please work, please work. he thought. After a full minute of silence, he felt soft feathers touch his hands. He gasped as he opened his eyes  only to see that the phoenix was looking at him with its emerald green eyes. "You know, you're really cute for something so magnificent." he said, before holding a finger for it to jump on. It backed away and then flew to land on his shoulder and then he smiled. "Alright then. Once we get out of here, we get you a name. We need for you to have a name, after all." he said, putting his gloves away. He grabbed his battle-axe and wore it on his back as he walked forward, unaware of the dangers ahead.Raeyliff was confused at first and then he looked at his hands. He realized he was wearing gloves. "Oh, I see. Alright then." he said, then took them off. He put his hand out again but this time the phoenix went on fire. He pulled his hand away quickly. "What..." he asked. Wait, I'm doing something wrong. Look around. he thought, and looked at the skeletons and animals around, who seemed to be fixed on the phoenix. Is he a king...? A leader? Maybe I should be looking away in respect, then... he thought. He then bowed down, closed his eyes, and put his hand out. Please work, please work, please work. he thought. After a full minute of silence, he felt soft feathers touch his hands. He gasped as he opened his eyes  only to see that the phoenix was looking at him with its emerald green eyes. "You know, you're really cute for something so magnificent." he said, before holding a finger for it to jump on. It backed away and then flew to land on his shoulder and then he smiled. "Alright then. Once we get out of here, we get you a name. We need for you to have a name, after all." he said, putting his gloves away. He grabbed his battle-axe and wore it on his back as he walked forward, unaware of the dangers ahead.

[8953 BD:10 MD:1]

[Raeyliff deals 6 damage]

[skeleton does nothing]

Raeyliff followed the path back only to be stopped by a skeleton in front of him. He was still in the place with high level monsters, so he expected this...in a way. Raeyliff looked at the phoenix. "Phoenix, I advise you to fly." he said, pulling out his battle-axe. The phoenix flew around where he was in circles. He looked at the skeleton. I wonder if it will stop me or if it accepts what I am doing...he thought. Raeyliff then raised his battle-axe and then charged, wanting to fight the skeleton quickly before getting out of this place. He saw only one or two monsters ahead after this skeleton, so everything should be fine afterwards. He swung at the skeleton, hoping to make contact. Feeling that he did, he smashed the skeleton's shoulder off, sending at least most of it's left side broken and on the ground. The skeleton roared while trying to gather any of its broken bones in vain. "Sorry", Raeyliff said. I wonder if it accepts what I am doing because it knows that I have to do it, not that I want to. he thought.

[Raeyliff: 22/22]

[skeleton: 5/11]

[8972 BD:8 MD:1]

[Raeyliff deals 4 damage]

[skeleton misses]

Raeyliff charged at the skeleton yet once more and hit its arm off with a quick swing of his battle-axe. Above him, the phoenix set itself on fire to signify that Raeyliff was close to winning. Raeyliff looked up and laughed. "Ah man, I'm realllllyyyy going to like you, Phoenix." he said, as he raised his battle-axe for his next attack. He was almost done with the skeleton. After that, there came a fire creature and finally, some flaming rat somewhere that he can easily kill with one hit and move on. He smiled, but then he frowned. "What if it refuses to come with me..." he asked himself, worried. The phoenix could easily leave him and go on its way at the end after this. It didn't have to follow him...he didn't feel good after that realization. He felt bad, almost scared.

[Raeyliff: 22/22]

[skeleton: 1/11]

[8973 BD:10 MD:6 LD: 13]

[Raeyliff deals 7 damage +1 mat + 55 col]

Raeyliff went over to the skeleton and swung with all his strength towards it, breaking it straight in half. The glow of the skeleton's eyes faded as its skull rolled and finally came to a stop a meter away from Raeyliff. The rest of the bones broke away and fell on the ground. The phoenix came back, after 5 minutes of Raeyliff's wait, to rest on his shoulder. Raeyliff gave it a quick glance before looking back at the road. "Well, we've got to go all the way there and we still have two more monsters to fight. After that, we need to talk, give you a name, see if you can do anything." he said. The phoenix gave a little squeak of agreement and they then walked forward, with Raeyliff having to carry the battle-axe with both of his hands still.