[SP-F9] <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Raeyliff was halfway towards reaching the safe zone and teleporting back when he saw this giant flame bat in front of him. "Whoops." he said, before raising his battle-axe. The phoenix flew upwards and set itself on fire while flying in a circle. Raeyliff looked up at it before looking at the bat. "You're my last target. Then I'm gone. I've had about enough of this. You all seem to think that something is going to stand in my way of being with Phoenix. It was his choice, leave him and I alone. It's about time he's gotten a friend around here, being with all you useless monsters wouldn't give someone so much good company. But I'll teach him and he'll teach me. We'll have fun. But you...will have to die, I'm sorry." he said, before charging.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[9006 BD:4 MD:8]

[Raeyliff missed]

[bat deals 2 damage]

The bat quickly slashed at Raeyliff with its wings, giving him a scratch on his right arm and severe pain. "OW! Oh my god that hurt!" he said, letting go of the battle-axe and grabbing his right arm. It was burning him, but not as quite as it would have if it was in real life. He breathed in before breathing out and looking at it. "You're stronger than I thought you were, I apologize for the mistake." he said, before picking up his battle-axe, wincing, and getting ready to fight it once more. If it had a higher overall damage than the rest then it would be much easier to kill it before it kills him or destroys him in battle.  Okay, I got this. No need to panic, I hope Phoenix is fine up there. Its a good thing he can fly. he thought.

[Raeyliff: 20/22]

[bat: 11/11]

[9007 BD: 1 MD:3]

[both miss]

Raeyliff charged at the bat, but was engulfed by its black wings that were also flying in his direction. Blinded, he stopped and fell on one knee before looking at the bat, who had apparently noticed that it hadn't done any damage as well. Raeyliff laughed. "We both are really confused, aren't we?" he said, smiling. He stood up, grabbing his battle-axe and looked up. The phoenix was still flying around and he frowned. "Hmm...why doesn't it take a break from doing that? It's not like we're going anywhere soon or we're trying to grab someone's attention...ah well, I'll find out later on." he said, turning his attention back to the bat. "Alright mate let's wrap this up I gotta go places and do stuff." he said, before raising his battle-axe to attack. 

[Raeyliff: 20/22]

[bat: 11/11]

[9008 BD:9 MD:10]

[Raeyliff deals 5 damage +1 life steal]

[bat deals 4 damage]

Raeyliff swung and made contact with the bat after charging at it as fast as he could. The bat, unable to do anything , was hit and was thrown on the ground before shrieking at Raeyliff, who had to cover his ears. "Too loud, too loud." he said. Raeyliff then let go of his ears to pick up his battle-axe when a streak of black quickly smashed against him, throwing him on the ground painfully. "Ow..."he said, standing up. He looked at the bat, who was flying back to where it came from, and sighed. "Now I gotta kill you before I die, because it seems that my death is certain around here." he said, picking himself up and brushing all the dirt off of him. He raised his battle-axe to attack the bat, and it braced itself to attack Raeyliff before it died.

[Raeyliff: 17/22]

[bat: 6/11]

[9095 BD: 9 MD: 6]

[Raeyliff deals 5 damage+ 1 life steal]

[bat deals 2 damage]

Raeyliff charged and swung at the bat but knew that he wasn't swinging his final attack, mainly because of the slash that didn't really cut the bat severely. The bat jumped back to where it was safe before charging at Raeyliff and biting his arm leaving a shallow bite before jumping back. However, it was still painful, making Raeyliff drop his battle-axe. He gasped as he fell on his knees and breathed in deeply. No, I can't let it win...I have to kill it. I'm so freaking close I can't lose...but that hurt... he thought, gripping his arm. After a while he was soon relieved from the pain because of his life steal, that allowed him to only think of the bat for a moment before he felt some pain from the wound. He picked up his battle-axe with now an intent to kill this bat now and move on. He wasn't planning on staying here forever, after all.

[Raeyliff: 16/22]

[bat: 1/11]

[9097 BD: 7 MD:5 LD:2]

[Raeyliff deals 4 damage +1 mat added]

[bat dies] 

Raeyliff picked up his battle-axe and charged. He needed to kill this thing as fast as possible in order to get out of Floor 9 and somewhere else, somewhere with less heat and much safer than where he was at the moment. He swung his battle-axe and cut the bat in half, breaking it into tiny digital pieces before getting one material out of it and nothing else. He smiled and stood where he was for a moment as the phoenix looked at him and fell to land on his shoulder before he walked to the border between the safe zone and the fighting zone. The phoenix flew high above him and set itself on fire once more that was brighter than all other things visible in front of him and made a sound that was beautiful yet had this annoying sense in it. He waited for it to come back, if it was going to, so that they can move on.

Raeyliff felt the phoenix land on a stone in front of him after it had finished its goodbye. He had been looking at it and had heard several monsters screech, shriek, or roar in return. He wasn't sure if they were saying farewell or not, but he waited for it to land again. It landed in front on him on a rock as he sat down and then a screen popped up:

YOUR PET'S NAME: []

Raeyliff looked at the screen and then looked at the phoenix. "Are you sure? We'll be back here, I promise. We'll come by and visit every once in a while. I'll take good care of you and give you better food, but the bread was all I had. But can you do this?" he asked. The phoenix made a slight nod with its head and a squeak as it looked at Raeyliff with it's emerald eyes.  "Hmm...well, we need to name you then. We'll name you....hmm...no, not that...let's see here...I think...oh yes, that. Alright, does the name Ash sound good to you?" he asked, looking at the phoenix.

The phoenix nodded as it jumped on Raeyliff's shoulder. Raeyliff smiled and then stood up, feeling relaxed for the first time today. He had succeeded in making a new friend, he had gotten a legndary phoenix, he would look amazing, but he would also have to take care of it. He still didn't know if it can control its own fire while sleeping or not, or if it can burn him. Raeyliff walked through the safe zone and the phoenix lost the ability to burst into flames, making it feel confused and squeak more than once. Raeyliff looked at it but didn't know what was going on, so he just stroked its head gently to give it some comfort. It looked at him with confused eyes, almost scared, so he set it down. "What's the matter, Ash?" he asked.

The phoenix looked at him and tried to set itself on fire, sparking once or twice and showing some flame, but it wouldn't work. Raeyliff nodded while crouching. "I see, you've lost your flame. Listen, it's only a temporary thing, it's because it's a safe zone and you might burn something but we can still put you near a fireplace...or in one..we'll have you near a fire. I promise you that. For now, just deal with it as much as you can until we get somewhere, alright?" he asked. The phoenix squawked and then jumped on Raeyliff's shoulder. Raeyliff nodded and walked over to the teleportation square and said "Floor 2!", before teleporting with the phoenix to see the old gypsy that had given him the quest originally.

Raeyliff teleported to Floor 2 and walked with the phoenix still on his shoulder to the Town Square, where he saw the old gypsy sitting in her shop with somewhat of a stove there. He smiled and walked to the shop, knocked on the door, and stepped in. The old gypsy turned to look at him before gasping and then smiling. "I see our little adventurer has brought a phoenix. First time I've ever seen one, can I pet it?" she asked, motioning for him to sit. Raeyliff sat down in front of her and then she moved her hand to touch the phoenix, who bit her finger and jumped away. Raeyliff gasped as he pulled the phoenix away from the gypsy. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know! He's afraid of strangers, he's still not accustomed...can I use your stove?" he asked. The old gypsy nodded and Raeyliff then moved towards the stove, put the phoenix in, and lit it on fire. The phoenix squawked happily as it was back to its normal habitat. Raeyliff sighed as he sat back down with the old gypsy. "I'm sorry.." he said.

The old gypsy shook her head. "Don't worry, it wasn't able to make me bleed or get hurt, I'm not that weak." she laughed. "So, how did you and it meet up?" she asked. Raeyliff then began to tell his story, how he found the phoenix soaring around, how it came closer to him, how they fought their way back and teleported here. The old gypsy nodded. "I suppose you've been through a lot then, Phoenix Tamer." she said. Raeyliff nodded before looking up. "Phoenix Tamer?" he asked. The old gypsy laughed. "Of course, it's part of the quest for you to have that title, Raeyliff, the Phoenix Tamer." she said, smiling. The phoenix squeaked, approving of that title. Raeyliff laughed. "Ah, but there's still an entire road to go through in teaching it about this world and learning its skills." he said.

The old gypsy nodded. "Of course. Seeing its love for fire, I sense you might have some trouble. It might be restless, reckless...that's the way they all are. They're cute and fun, I'll give them that, but they're reckless and have a love for adventure. As long as you take him out every day, he'll be happy. And be sure to return to his homeland every once in a while. He won't be the same king he was before, but he'll be happy being there once or twice. It won't always cut it to put him in a stove, you know?" she said, and grinned. Raeyliff nodded. "Of course. By the way, his name is Ash." he said. The old gypsy laughed. "Ash, eh? Fitting." she said. Raeyliff nodded. "Well, I'll be getting some customers soon, so off you go. See you soon!" the old gypsy said. 

Raeyliff nodded, said goodbye to the old gypsy, and closed the stove before pulling a happy Ash out of it. "Here you are. Now, say goodbye to the old gypsy." he said. Ash looked at the gypsy and squawked as a thanks for letting him use her stove and soon, he and Raeyliff were out of the shop. "Now, where to go...I guess we can go and walk around in my shop for a bit, show you around, maybe see if you can fit in the stove..." he said, before walking to his shop. Entering, he took a deep breath before grinning. "Here we are, then! This should do." he said, letting Ash rest on the counter. Ash looked at Raeyliff for a moment as he sat down and put his battle-axe away and sat on a chair. "So, what do we do...do you want to eat? Sleep?" he asked.

The phoenix set itself on fire, weakly, causing the counter to have some soot an ash on it. Raeyliff jumped and picked it up and away from the counter, before grabbing a rag to wash the part off. "What was that?" he asked it, before laughing. "God...well, let's go and take a breathe, some fresh air. Let's see." he said, as he placed it on his shoulder and walked out, looking around. So many players....not enough room for him and Ash. Ash looked around before flying off to a forest ahead of Raeyliff. Raeyliff, surprised, started looking around before looking at a spark from it up ahead. He started running as fast as he could before yelling. "ASH, HEY ASH, WAIT UP!". 

Ash squawked excitedly as it and Raeyliff ran all the way to a forest that was outside the safe zone. It was safe inside the forest but he wouldn't trust it being absolutely empty of monsters. Raeyliff opened his menu and looked at his map before running after Ash, realizing that this was an empty road. Where is it taking me...? And without anything being said either? he thought, wondering. He heard it squawk once more and followed the voice to a shop he knew too well. "Van Hohenheim. It's been a while." he said to himself, smiling. Van Hohenheim was his teacher who had recently taught him how to perform alchemy, yet he didn't see himself returning to it until after a month or so.

Van Hohenheim ran outside the shop and was gasping before seeing Raeyliff. "Raeyliff, is that you? How long has it been? Listen, there's a bird in there and she's eating my lunch!" he told Raeyliff. Raeyliff laughed and put a hand around van Hohenheim. "Calm down. I think I know who that bird is. Ash!" he said, walking in with Hohenheim. Ash looked up at Raeyliff and squawked happily as it tore a piece of the meat for itself and left a part of it for Raeyliff, or Hohenheim to be exact. Hohenheim looked at Raeyliff. "Your phoenix?" he asked. Raeyliff nodded. Hohenheim slapped Raeyliff on the back of the head and Raeyliff yelled in pain before laughing. "Sorry, I'm still training him. How are you, Hohenheim?" he asked.

Hohenheim shook his head. "Come back later. I'm doing well, it's nice to see you found a friend phoenix. They're very rare, you know? And for you to be an alchemist and to have a phoenix...that is truly a weird mix." he said, inspecting the phoenix. Raeyliff nodded. "Fine, I'll return to continue our discussion. And I know, it wasn't me that stumbled upon it, it was the other way around. I guess that the secret is not to look for it, but for it to look for you." he said. Hohenheim laughed. "Well, my boy. It seems like you've gotten a bit smarter!" he said, before patting Raeyliff on the back. "How's your alchemy going?" he asked. "Well, I'm failing a lot. I've managed to create a potion only once but it has no good use to me." he said, looking down.

Hohenheim nodded. "Well, don't give up. Come to me for any questions you have, and always write notes on why and how you think you failed. Don't try to act like you'll remember for later on, you won't." he said. "Now, off you go. I'm busy here.." he said, before looking at Ash. Ash had eaten all the meat and was sleeping on the counter. Raeyliff smiled. "Aw...so cute..." he said, before Hohenheim nodded. "Cute, but next time you bring Cute and it eats my lunch you won't be happy." he said. Raeyliff nodded and walked out holding Ash with both hands as it slept soundly and walked back to a garden in the safe zone. "Here we are. We should be alright here...hopefully." he said, sitting down and setting Ash next to him.

Raeyliff looked at Ash before looking up at the sky and breathing in deeply and letting a deep breath out. He was tired, he was relaxed. He closed his eyes to rest before he was interrupted by Ash's squeaks. "It makes sounds when sleeping?" he asked in a whisper. Raeyliff leaned on the trunk of the tree and just looked around, seeing players move around and fight boars on the other side of the safe zone. So that's how it's like, to not do anything in this game except sit down and relax. Mind you, it is extremely boring, but I feel relaxed, more relaxed than I've ever been today. I feel much better. he thought. He felt his eyes growing heavy but he was still looking around thinking of what he was missing.

Raeyliff felt a bit hungry so he pulled out some bread and water from his inventory and ate and drank. He used some of the water to wash his face, and instantly felt refreshed. "All right. I now think I can sleep soundly for an hour or so without problems." he said, and closed his eyes to go to sleep. He rested his head on the trunk of the tree and looked forward for a full five minutes before his eyes got heavy and he started to close them for a nice nap. Should I take a nap...? Could I do something else...no. I'm too tired to. I need to go to sleep. he thought, before sleeping soundly with Ash next to him under the shade of the tree, resting after a long day filled with work and fighting and talking.