[PP-F6] Secrets of the Jungle Revealed (Azide)

"You and me both", Oikawa replied as Azide dashed off to continue his fight. Oikawa picked himself and patted himself down. Gripping his rapier once more, he raced off towards the scaly mass of enormous snake waiting for him.

The snake seemed to have recovered from there first bout. It's tongue darting in and out as it gazed at the player. Oikawa neared the snake and approached it cautiously. They stared each other down. Even circling one another. Oikawa focused, watching for even sudden movement. The snake launched the first move. It uncoiled it's enormous tail and lashed out the player. Dodging the first swipe, the snake didn't hesitate in following up the next attack. Baring it fangs, the snake snapped at Oikawa. He used his shield to deflect the initial strike. but was caught off guard by the second swipe from the snakes tail. Knocking him off balance, Oikawa found himself back on the ground.

This is getting old haha. Clenching his rapier Oikawa leaped into the air once more. Anticipating a third tail swipe, Oikawa twisted around in time to see the incoming tail end of the ferocious reptile.  Swinging his whole body around, Oikawa was able to thrust his blade right into the scaly flesh of the snake. Leaving a bright red hole where his rapier was just at, Oikawa landed nonchalantly on the ground and answered Azide's recently asked question.

"Things are going peachy over here! It's reaching it's limit."

#ID: 9237 BD: 7

~Oikawa~

12/22 (-1)

~Azide~

17/22

~Gluttony of the Jungle~

18/25

~Guide of the Jungle~

3/15 (-6)

Azide sprinted forward, running through the field of roots and vines flying at him in every direction. Once again, he felt himself get caught by a vine, only this time it'd dragged him into the air by his ankle before he could free himself. From there, he could only watch as he was raised above the flytrap's gaping mouth. Before it could drop him in, however, he'd managed to swing himself up like a pendulum and severed one of the vines that'd held him captive. From there, he swung to safety, managing to mostly escape the bite of the oversized houseplant. It'd managed to catch his off-arm in the process, however, leaving the whole portion glowing red until he'd landed.

He turned to Oikawa, who'd been having a good deal of success against the serpent. "Not so peachy on my end," he replied. "What's a fruit that's not so fun?" He asked, thinking out loud. "Hmm, maybe tomato-y. In any case, once you wrap things up over there, let's finish this up quickly."

ID: 9241

BD: 4 (Miss)

MD: 9 (Crit +1)

Damage taken (Azide) = 2 (Base) + 1 (Crit +1) - 2 (Mitigation) = 1

Damage taken (Gluttony of the Jungle) = 0 (Miss)

ID: 9242

BD: 3 (Miss)

Damage taken (Oikawa) = 0 (Miss)

Azide HP: 16/22 (-1)

Oikawa HP: 12/22

Gluttony of the Jungle HP: 18/25 (-0)

Guide of the Jungle HP: 3/15

The Guide of the Jungle had put up a a good fight from here. Its not as scary as I thought. For something so enormous it sure doesn't hit hard. Refocusing his thoughts on the battle, Oikawa dodged a series of strikes and swipes from the green jungle snake. They had been going at for around ten to fifteen minutes. Clashing, dodging, rolling, evading. The whole nine. Then, Oikawa finally saw an opening. Just as the snake rose up to strike, Oikawa leaped forwards and thrusted at the base of the serpent's body.

Within that time Oikawa looked over and caught a glimpse at a very unfortunate Azide as he struggled not to get eaten by the plant. Since his glimpse was brief, he could only hope his partner could free himself before getting swallowed by gigantic flytrap.

Returning his sights back to the serpent, he impaled the snake on his rapier. The snake hissed and thrashed before finally exploding into a pixel shower.  A wave of resurgence washed over Oikawa as he withdrew his blade from the snakes body. Though his luck didn't warrant any extra loot, Oikawa was glad he at least received a mat from the creature. Walking over the orb it left behind, Oikawa dashed to meet up with his, thankfully still alive, guild mate. "Glad you didn't get eaten mate. Then I would've had to collect the rewards all by myself", Oikawa said through a smirk. "Lets finish this."

#ID: 9246 BD: 8 LD: 3

~Oikawa~

13/22 (+1)

~Azide~

16/22 

~Gluttony of the Jungle~

18/25

~Guide of the Jungle~ DEAD

0/15 (-6)

[Oikawa-The Faint received 1 Emerald Fang (material)]

By the time Azide had looked over, all he'd been able to glimpse of the serpent were its shattered fragments, which quickly dispersed into the air. "Nice job, Oikawa!" he called. Soon enough, Oikawa had made his way over, and together the two readied themselves for the battle's final stretch. "Yeah, no kidding. I'm pretty glad about that too," he said with a chuckle. With one of the two threats vanquished, death now seemed a far off prospect. It'd become more subtle and abstract, rather than the pronounced possibility it'd been before. "Let's just call ourselves lucky to have found these two in such a weakened state. Who knows how hard these things were actually meant to hit?"

Rather than continuing to dwell upon their good fortune, Azide sprinted forward and maneuvered his way through the vast majority of the creature's roots and vines, which continued to shoot out at him from all over the room. He sliced a few here, slashed a few there, then hurdled over another set that had attempted to repeat its earlier feats. "Not falling for that again," he thought. What he hadn't been expecting, however, was for the flytrap stretch forward and snap him up in its maw.

The creature had struck in a manner resembling that of a viper, clamping down and clenching its jaws around the player, attempting to devour him whole. For a moment, there was silence as the creature retreated its pseudo-neck back to the center of the room. A few more moments passed, followed by another. Finally, the creature let out a shriek as its captured prey slashed through it from the inside, sending himself flying out of its jaws and hurtling into the ground. He landed roughly, rolling across the floor, but managed to steady himself. "Looks like you're up next, Oikawa."

ID: 9257

BD: 6 (Hit)

MD: 10 (Crit +2)

Damage taken (Azide) = 2 (Base) + 2 (Crit +2) - 2 (Mitigation) = 2

Damage taken (Gluttony of the Forest) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 3 (Skills) = 7

Azide HP: 14/22 (-2)

Oikawa HP: 13/22

Gluttony of the Forest: 11/25 (-7)

"I bet Kayaba would know. Sneaky bastard" chimed Oikawa as he watched Azide zig zag through a cluster of vines. He sliced through vines like they were butter and vaulted a few that tried to get him from behind. He had made it pretty far before the stupid plant trap thing snatched him up like the hungry hungry hippo did to marbles. "Azide!! I'm coming in." Oikawa dashed through spaghetti like vines. Side stepping whip like attacks and bashing the rest of the plant attacks with his shield.

He had neared the base of the monster when suddenly the thing let out a cave shaking shriek and spit Azide up. He skidded and rolled across the floor, but luckily was able to stand. He told Oikawa it was his move. Not wasting any time Oikawa simply thrusted his blade right into the stalk of the creature before him. Or so he thought. The plant had craftily allowed one of its chopped off vines to absorb the hit. The vines then dispersed into pixels.

Oikawa backed up until there was at least 10 feet between the plant and himself. He then called over to Azide. "This thing is crafty ain't it? Hopefully this fight doesn't drag on much longer"

#ID: 9262 BD: 5

~Oikawa~

13/22

~Azide~

14/22 

~Gluttony of the Jungle~

11/25

Azide rushed forward, hoping to bring a swift end to their little scuffle. On his way over to the creature's central stalk, he'd taken a hit from one of the creature's many vines, but the attack had proven far too minor to bring the player to a halt. Continuing his advance, he was able to reach his destination without suffering any further damage, allowing him to drive his blade through nearly the entirety of the creature. Knowing the battle had not yet been won, drew his blade back and made a quick withdrawal, managing to escape the wild wild and erratic thrashing of the enraged creature.

"It won't have to, if you manage to land your next hit," he said, flashing a devilish grin. "Go wild, Oikawa, so we can get out of here." What they'd found today didn't exactly discredit the rumor, however. "There's still a chance that something like that is out there, somewhere. Maybe just not here, and maybe just not today." But that would be an issue for another time, and another place. For now, all he wanted was to wrap this up and find their way out of this place.

ID: 9263

BD: 9 (Crit +1)

MD: 8 (Hit)

Damage taken (Azide) = 1 (Base) - 2 (Mitigation) = 1 (Min)

Damage taken (Gluttony of the Jungle) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 3 (Skills) + 1 (Crit +1) = 8

Azide HP: 13/22 (-1)

Oikawa HP: 13/22

Gluttony of the Jungle = 3/25 (-8)

Not even letting Azide settle back into a safe position, Oikawa shot off like a rocket. Dodging the sporadic attack pattern the creature had adopted ever since the creatures HP dipped below half, Oikawa wasted not time closing the ten foot distance he had created earlier. A pair of vines attempted to trip Oikawa up as he neared the stalk once again. Oikawa timed his next step and used the vines meant to trip him, as a stepping stone. Pushing off the vine, he soared upwards. Spiraling downwards, he swung his rapier and his body until he created unseen momentum. Pointing straight down, he came crashing down on the creature like a a giant spinning pile driver. 

Making contact with the plant, the over sized venus flytrap was shredded instantly. Exploding into a multitude of light blue pixel dust. Looking up at Azide, Oikawa smirked and spoke. "Was that wild enough for ya?  Oikawa dusted himself off, feeling another healing surge, and walked over to the hovering loot orb. Eyeing Azide, he offered him the Loot. "It seems to be a weird alchemical ointment called <The Keeper's Salve>," Oikawa said as he read off the loots title. Its your if you want it. It's not like I can use it anyhow."

Bringing the orb closer to his friend, Oikawa offered for him to take it. "Lets get outta here man. I'm over this forest and everything in it."

#ID: 9266 BD: 10 LD: 8

~Oikawa~

14/22 (+1)

~Azide~

13/22 

~Gluttony of the Jungle~ DEAD

0/25 (-8)

Oikawa launched himself at the frenzied plant, which looked to be plummeting towards a state of decay. Azide watched as the swordsman darted through the creature's field of lashing vines, managing to fully evade the creature's multitudinous attempts on his life. Finally, the creature was swiftly dispatched with clean finishing blow, delivered with enough force to tear through its entirety. His guild mate soon landed nearby and walked over to the creature's legacy: a hovering orb containing their reward. All around them, the shattered remains of the felled beast dispersed and floated away in the air, before vanish completely.

"Could be wilder," remarked Azide. He reached his hand out for a high-five, down low. "Today's definitely been quite the wild ride. Just one roller coaster of events after another." He took the glowing orb from Oikawa and examined it before nodding his thanks. "I can't say I know what I'll use this for, but I'll definitely bring it back to the lab. It's no revival-potion ingredient, but I appreciate it nonetheless." He transferred the material to his inventory, then exited the interface.

Around them, all the vines left behind by the creature began to disappear. In one section, what had previously been entirely vine-covered had now revealed a small hole. Of course, there was also the side-tunnel that the serpent had gone through earlier, but there seemed to be no signs of glowing moss to lead the way. So between those two choices, the uncovered hole leading seemed to be the preferable choice.

Azide gestured toward it. "I hear you on that one, buddy. That looks to be the exit over there," he said. He began making his way over, seeing a glimpse of both the jungle and natural light emanating from the other side. "I think it's time we take our leave, Oikawa."

*1 material acquired (2 materials acquired, total).

"Is that right?" Oikawa smirked as he high-fived his guildmate. If I could just learn some different techniques and strikes my combos could be the wildest haha. Especially if I can couple them with my shield. As Azide took the orb, Oikawa noticed how the vines seemed to either recede into darkness or disappear altogether. Where there had once been a curtain of vines, remained a hole no bigger than your average window.

Azide gestured towards and figured that was their exit. "I agree with ya. It seems to leak outside since I can see some sunlight through it." Checking his gear to make sure he had everything, Oikawa walked over to the hole and begin crawling through it. He crawled for roughly twenty or so yards before reaching the end. Heaving himself over the other side, he was astonished at what they had walked, or rather crawled into.

COMPLETE

Col: 455 (227 each)

(400 *per page + 55 *LD rolls on regular MoBs x5 [15+40])

Loot:

Oikawa- 1 Material

(1 mat received from Guide of the Jungle)

Azide- 2 Materials

(1 mats received from Gluttony of the Jungle (Gifted from Oikawa) and 1 mat received from non combat gathering)

SP:

Azide- 1

Oikawa- 1