[PP-F4] The Best Holiday

The flyers were strewn about, placed hither and tither, without a care in the world. All the beloved couples were celebrating the fast approaching holiday and, with even more urgency, the Valentine's Day Festival. Many people were excited for this year's grand celebration, hoping that it was better than the last. Perhaps it would even be better than those held offline, considering that players had the time to get to know each other while they've been trapped here together. If one so happened to come across one of the many flyers or just started a conversation with the average joe, they'd probably find out what all was waiting for their arrival. A nice variety of rides and attractions with some good eats, nothing too out of this world, but nothing short of fun and exciting in its own right.

((The Valentine's Festival shall last from February 4 to February 17th in the real world, that allows you two weeks to RP to your heart's desire. In game though, this festival is held on February 14th, which is Valentine's Day, of course. Even PKers are permitted, considering that it is out of the safe zone, but no PKing. This is a time for love not war and, by posting in this thread, you agree to no PKing. That means anyone participating has the chance to happen across each other, don't be bashful! This is a day of love and joy, share it with those you hold close and even those you've yet to meet. Everyone deserves a hug, some love, and perhaps a smooch for that special one in your life. Besides, perhaps you'll win a special prize at the end. (; ))

Anonamor (Anonymous Love) Tent

Amidst all the thrills rests a small tent, big enough for only one person to enter. To participate, the player must step inside the tent, which will cause the door to close behind them. The player participating may not communicate with those outside the tent until they are finished. While inside, the player will find a single Valentine's Day card. It's a solid pale white on the outside with a big red heart on the front, while the inside is a solid crimson red. Players are to write a secret, anonymous letter to the one that they love or, if they have nobody that they are in love with, a friendly Happy Valentine's Day letter with a message.

((NOTE: Do NOT post your letter here or the person that you're sending it to. Send the letter AND the name of the character that it is to be delivered to MY INBOX (PM). Letters will be anonymously posted for players to read and enjoy at the end of the event, plus might just make someone's day... or even better.))

= = = = =

"Cold Heart" Skating Rink

A skating rink, shaped like a heart in particular, chills out as players glide across its flat top surface. Unfortunately for those not too careful or good at skating, be warned that an open crack goes through the middle and you might fall in! If you land a CD of 1, then... splash! You'll take 1 HP in damage for each post spent in the water so make sure you have someone accompanying you! If you land a CD of 2 to 3, then you'll find yourself simply slipping and falling on the ice. If you survive the rink and leave it still just as broken hearted, you'll find a "Slippery Slopes" card in your inventory.

= = = = =

Cupid's Arrow Stall

On a pink stall lies a single bow, simple in design and light in weight, and three cupid's arrows. The player's participating must notch the arrow, then aim and fire at a heart shaped balloon thirty feet away. The player only gets one game, but each game consists of three chances. If you miss all three, you're out of luck! However, if you strike a CD of 12, then you win the "Shot Through the Heart" card.

= = = = =

Ferris Wheel of Life

A simple ferris wheel, tall enough to allow you to see the often underrated, beautiful scenery of Aincrad slowly rotates. As each minute ticks by, the ferris wheel will slow to a halt, allowing players to enter and exit as they desire. The entire ride itself takes approximately three to four posts from when you enter before it makes its way back to the bottom, but when you exit (if you do), you'll be given the "Take Me to the Top" card.

= = = = =

Heart-A-Whirl Ride

Be warned, those that naturally can't deal with motion sickness shouldn't ride this ride! This is one of the more silly rides, a total of eight heart shaped cart that slowly rotates around a platform. Upon sitting down inside, you'll find a wheel in the center that you can tug on and begin spinning your cart around. Don't spin too fast, if you land a CD of 1 while riding, you'll find your most recent meal upon your or your date's lap! Players can enter and exit as they desire so long as they slow the cart down before doing so, though they'll find they've obtained the "Lovesick" cards as they leave.

= = = = =

Heart-A-Stack Booth

A few pegs are lined up here and there, contained by a counter that circles around all four sides. The owner of the booth tosses you a few similar items, "Hey, take a chance! You might find yourself getting lucky in more than one way today!" Looking down, you'll find three heart shaped rings in your hand, on the ground, or upon the counter depending on you ability to catch, "Catch one on the peg and you'll win a prize!" You have three chances, land a CD of 12 and you'll find yourself the proud owner of the "Caught in a Knot" card.

= = = = =

Kissing Booths

A few stalls with no attendants waits patiently for both customer and owners alike to arrive, but it appears as if the fate of what is to come is star-crossed. Fortunately, players can save the day and may run a stall on their own accord, remaining there as long as they like. However, be warned that players running the stall must kiss whoever approaches the stall! If you kiss more than two people, either by running the stall or showing up as a participant, you'll gain the "Three Strikes" card.

= = = = =

Other Minigame Booths

Spread out throughout the festival is a variety of other games. The first is Tongue Twister, where the player pick up a cherry with their teeth and tie the stem around in a knot without their hands. All participants, successful or not, will receive the "Caught in a Knot" card. Right around the corner lies the Hug-A-Ton Bell, where players must hug a stuffed bear as hard as they can. The ranks are Broken Hearted, Cold Hearted, Star-Crossed, Tender Hearted, Heavy Hearted, and Shining Soul. All participants can proudly walk away with the "Bear Hug" card. Other minigames are spread about that do not offer cards, but you are more than welcome to participate ((more will be added at a later date)).

Red peeked at the fliers along the street, a post here and there, smile showing regardless of how much she tried to suppress it. It was nothing short of the best time of the year... Sure, there was Christmas and everyone claimed they loved it, but that was something that she never had the pleasure of participating in. Other holidays? No, not even close. Valentine's Day, now that was what really mattered. Not only was it one of the most treasured days in her country, but more importantly, it was her birthday. She let out a great, big sigh as she recalled back on what she had agreed to. A set of coordinates, a time, and the most concerning, a question. She wasn't too sure how she could take the question at hand, it wasn't straightforward and she didn't think it could be translated without taking it the wrong way. My Valentine... That could mean a multitude of things, ranging from a partner, friend, date, crush, or just someone to accompany them. Hope he'll actually be there, after all the trouble I've put on him...

Kosan was..going through a lot.. Valentine's Day came and he was really happy but embarrassed.. "Should I consider this a date..? .. I mean.. I don't know how she feels about me.. But.." Kosan said to himself as he walked towards the place he told Red they will meet.. As soon as he got there , Red arrived as well.. "Hello !" Kosan said as he blushed a little.. "Thanks that you came here.." Kosan said as he smiled at her and got out a small box .. "I know its not much... But.." Kosan said as he gave it to her.. "Its something.. I made.." He added as he smiled and took his hood down.. "Well.. Should we begin ?" He asked her as he smiled at her still being a little red in the cheeks..

In the small box , Red found a gold necklace..

Quality : Perfect

- Item Name: Gold Necklace

- Item Type: Accesory

- Description: a gold necklace , it improves looks and skills as well.

- Enhancements: +1 CD

Up ahead, slightly hidden behind all the couples floating about and mingling, was that tattered cape that didn't do a good job of making him indistinguishable, "Hi there, Kosan!" She lifted up her hand so that she could capture his attention, slowly making her way towards him. She hadn't carried on any of the embarrassment or anxiety from yesterday, but then again, she wasn't sleeping with a man watching her all night. He thanked her for showing up, though she wasn't about to have that, "Oh, no. I already told you, thank you. Remember?" She would have said that it was the reason why she was in the first place, the debt that she owed him for all that he had done back on the day they fought Avalanche. However, with that in mind, it would come across terribly wrong. He was her friend and such a message would come off as if she came here without interest, but he didn't seem to mind. He held out a small box, which contained a custom craft from his smithshop, "Oh, it's beautiful. Good work and thank you... again." She emphasized the last part, making it understood that she was the one that owed him gratitude time and time again. Hmm... Maybe it wouldn't be a good time to give him his gift. I don't want to downplay his in any way. I didn't expect it...

"You..you're welcome.. " Kosan said as he blushed and smiled again to her .. "Soo.. What do you want to do first..?" Kosan asked her as they walked inside.. There were tons of things to do , like archery , ferris wheel , ice skating and so on.. Kosan , for one , loved ice skating , but he decided to let Red pick what they shall do.. Kosan really liked..Red .. He wasn't sure if the feeling was back and he was scared to ask.. However , until the end of their day he wants to admit his feeling for her.. "I ..I mean.. Which one is your favorite ..?" He asked her as he smiled to her , waiting for an answer.. Everywhere around them you could see couples that kisses and such , which made him a little bit embarrassed..

She took the first few steps next to Kosan as they entered beneath the huge, heart shaped banner, though she began to unintentionally slow up as she observed everything going on around them. No, not the flirty friends or those that were taking it a bit too far in public, but the rides and tents and attractions that nearly surrounded them on all sides. There was so much to do! She wasn't entirely sure what to do first, they all looked incredibly fun and exciting. That meant there was only one option, go with whatever was first suggested, which... happened to be something that Red had never done before, "Ice Skating...?" A whimper of disappointment might have been picked up by Kosan, but it was more of one of nervousness, "I mean... I've seen it on TV, but I never did it myself." She figured that it couldn't be too hard, but she already could envision herself falling on her bum more than a few times. Hopefully, Kosan would mind helping her learn, especially with avoiding the giant crack in the ice that they would soon find out went right through the center.

Kosan saw she was a little bit shy about it , but he couldnt think of anything better to start their "adventure" at that festival.. He wasnt a great ice skater hikself , but he wasnt so bad either.. "Come !" Kosan said as he grabbed her by the hand without really realizing what he has done.. They soon were at the skating ring , where you could see it was heart shaped.. And with a big crack in the middle .. "I .. I could teach you how to skate if you want.." Kosan suggested as he entered the ice ring and awaited for her to join him there , to have some fun.. They weren't going to stay there all day , but at least a few .. "So.. Let's get skating shall we ?" Kosan asked her as he blushed a little..

He didn't even give it any consideration, simply put the plan into action. In a matter of seconds, Kosan would reach for her and Red wouldn't have any time to react, positively or negatively. A hand tugged at her own. Her body propelled forwards. Her eyes opened wide. She hadn't expected him to so easily break that barrier again after the last time, when she snapped at him for doing something of the same degree. She wasn't upset with him while she was being dragged around, but he could probably tell that her hands were getting a little sweaty from the sudden trigger of tension. By the time they came sliding to a halt, they would arrive at the lake. She pulled her hand back and dusted off her hooded cape, pretending that the whole hand thing didn't have any effect on her. He didn't seem to notice or, at least, that's what she could only assume. He went on, telling her that he wouldn't mind teaching her so, after she became mentally ready, she pursued him onto the ice, "It's soo slippery." She wobbled a bit as she said it, feeling nearly no traction beneath her, it was scary and fun, an odd mixture of feelings.

[8795] 6 CD

Kosan saw her entering the ice , she was wobbly on ice , but he didn't really cared about that.. He wasn't so stable for his own.. "Isn't this great..?" Kosan said as he added .."..where I lived I enjoyed doing this every winter.." As he smiled at her and was skating besides her.. "You're great.." Kosan said to her as she was doing a quite good job for a first time.. He was happy to see she enjoyed this , and not come only to "repay" him for what he did for her.. He was feeling great , and it was mostly because of the time spent with her there..

8798 - CD - 6

[9394] 11 CD

She wasn't so sure if great was the proper term, but amusing definitely fit the bill. Perhaps things would be a bit more fun once she actually got out and started skating around like the others on the frozen lake. It was interesting to know that Kosan had done this back when he was younger, it was one of those activities that she never actually considered. Sure, she was into doing sport activities with her friends of the past, soccer and volleyball. They were easy activities that only required a ball and netting, something that could be done year round. This on the other hand... "I'm going to try moving some, now..." She shuffled one foot in front of the other, looking like an idiot in comparison to the others on the rink, but she was moving nonetheless.

Kosan skated around her on the ice.. "Great job !" He said as she started moving and learning steady but sure .. "In a few hours you will ice-skate like a pro !" He said as he giggled slowly and kept skating around her "try to "run" on ice ! Its like..to catch speed you know ..?" He said as he smiled a little watching at the other couples around them that were having a great time.. Sure , he was happy he was with her , but people looked strange at him because of his gem.. A thing which maybe Red didn't still knew , or just was afraid to ask.. What so ever , he didn't whined about it and just enjoyed their ice-skatin for how long it will last

CD - 5 (9405)

She continued to slowly, but successfully shuffle around their little area. It wasn't impressive by any regard and Red knew better, yet Kosan's words of encouragement definitely did feel like they were helping. He suggested that she try to push it a little further and attempt running on the ice, "You've got to be joking... You want me to fall don't you?" She giggled a bit, knowing that she might as well fight the inevitable while everything was working out well for her. She took in a deep breath and started pushing harder, picking up a little speed. She wobbled a little from side to side as she did so, but once she got going, she let her arms spread out as if she was gliding, though it was primarily for balance, "It's like riding a bicycle with how the wind crashes into you." The feeling was great, but she wasn't sure if it was going to be one that lasted long.

[9454] 8 CD

Kosan continued skating ... He felt great but , as he wasn't looking , he bumped into Red.. He felt on ice with Red over him.. "S..sorry.." He said as he blushed a little as soon as he opened his eyes.. "I ..umm.. Are you all right ?.." He asked her felling really embarrassed about it.. "I..if you want we could get to try other rides as well.." He said as he watched her into her eyes... She looked...beautiful.. He felt like his beard was going to pound out of his chest...

9456 - CD 3