[F9-PP] How Far Is Too Far? {Shark}

Shark was having a lot of bad luck it seemed, such simple enemies ended up turning into a full scale effort to do damage. The core hounds paws dug into the ground and the ground around it started to heat up. L backed up a bit not sure how to respond to the creatures sudden strange actions. The hound was immobile while it was doing its business so L thought it would be the perfect time to strike. He charged forward and jumped up ready to strike. Without a moments hesitation the ground around the hound and it's body erupted in flame knocking L back to the ground. He picked himself up wearily and eye'd the beast, it looked serious now. 

~ID: 15777. MD: 8-3+1=6. 

~Blistering heat: -1 damage mitigation to players. Applies "Heated concentration" to mobs, +1 accuracy.

~Shadow and smoke: -1 accuracy

~Enemy:

-Core hound 1: 15/30 

-Core hound 2: 20/30

-Shrouded figure: ???/???

~Party:

Life: 47/49 (5-3)

Shark: 71/71 

I saw L get attacked and I reacted quickly as I sprinted over and took a swing at the hound to give L some space to recover.

[iD: 15806,1 MD 10]

I went to swing at the hound but the hound somehow managed to block my strike and nailed me and sent me flaying back to where I started. Tsk... That hurt. I said as I watched my health bar drop a bit. Luckily I was using my Holy Aegis which soaks up a bit of damage. I looked at L. It seemed I managed to distract the hound long enough for L to regain his mind a bit. Alright L... Do it! I yelled as he prepared for an attack on the hound that hit us.

~Enemy:

-Core hound 1: 15/30 

~Party:

Life: 47/49 (5-3)

Shark: 68/71 (5-2)

Shark rushed over to give him time to get back in the fight by striking at the hound, he recovered quickly and his battle healing kicked in repairing all the damage the hound just did to him. With a smug grin L rushed back into the frey hopping over Sharks shoulder and stepping on the hounds head pushing it into the ground and front flipping behind it. The hound turned, furious and seething with anger shooting plumes of lava towards him in rapid succession, L's eyes darted from each shot dodging them all with a grace that made it look like childs play. His right eye widened as he noticed an opening in the hounds defences, it was getting weak from using up it's lava. L ducked down dodging another firey spew from core hound and darted down it's barrel, before it could make another shot he stuck his blade deep down it's throat and the lava imploded in its own body. L ripped the blade out quickly dragging it at an upward angle to get as much damage off as possible before jumped back to Sharks side. The hound coughed up its insides and backed off into the fire to regenerate its energy, seconds later t bursted back out with a fresh new coat of fire, it's insides once again working to build magma. "These things just don't quit do they" 

~ID: 15865. CD:11 

~Blistering heat: -1 damage mitigation to players. Applies "Heated concentration" to mobs, +1 accuracy.

~Shadow and smoke: -1 accuracy

~Enemy:

-Core hound 1: 10/30 

~Party:

Life: 49/49 (+2 battle healing)

Shark: 68/71 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that L had gotten back on his feet. I looked back at the hounds and they appeared to be confused. I  thought to myself that now would be a good time to strike. I readied my sword and charged my charge skill. I activated my sprint skill and dove straight into the hounds. I swirled around the hounds until they both looked very confused, then I saw an opening to strike. I took that opening and laid my sword right down the center of the hound.

I've almost finished off the first hound. Why don't you finish it off and I'll start doing a number on the second hound.I said as I stared the second hound rigfht in the eye and gave it a mad dog face. 

ID: 18424, 9

~Enemy:

-Core hound 1: 4/30 

~Party:

Life: 49/49 (+2 battle healing)

Life was enjoying himself, despite the insane heat that radiated everywhere. He grinned as shark landed a strike on the hound dropping it down low enough for him to finish it off "Nice shot shark!" Life enthusiastically jumped towards the hound that snapped at him with an unfriendly snarl. It stood on its hind legs and prepared to fire another round of magma but L wasn't going to let himself be defeated so easily. He simply cut through the magma with his blade and dropped down on it slicing it completely in two. Life quickly stepped away as its two halves crumbled to the ground and left a puddle of lava on the ground. The mysterious figure hidden in the fires smiled as the two men quickly despatched of the first hound. It was going to enjoy playing with the two of them later. Life stood beside shark and gave him a wink "Lets say we handle this one real quick and find a way through this crazy place aye?" 

~Enemy:

-Core hound 1: 0/30   Put down!

~Party:

Life: 49/49

I had just finished my attack and Life connects wonderfully and turns the first hound to multiple different polygon shards. I looked at Life with a smile, Nice hit. Only two to go then we are clear sailing... I think. I said as I looked back at the two remaining enemies. At that moment, I heard Life say something to me, I agree Life... Let's quickly put these last two down and get the heck out of here. I told L as I prepared to attack. I ran to the second hound and swung my sword. I wasn't paying attention about the environment and took the attack to wide. I swung hard until I felt a pillar in my way. I missed the attack and tried to get my sword from out of the pillar.

ID: 19257, 3

~Enemy:

-Core hound 1: 0/30   Put down!

~Party:

Life was eager to finally be rid of the last hound, there was still much to do he assumed, if he recalled correctly these dungeons always seemed to change and the cardinal system never ran out of random events. The core hound reluctantly approached the two still unsure of how exactly it was supposed to win this battle. Life wasn't going to take any chances and charged for it. The core hound began charging its attack and fired a ball of magma. Life tried to manoeuvre past it but ended up slipping and falling on his back. 

ID: 19361 

~Enemy:

~Party:

The hounds were starting to get real annoying by now. Thankfully there was only one left. We still had no idea what or who this shadow figure was but something didn't feel quite right about this. I activated my sprint skill and bolted for the last hound. Alright you maging mutt... You're mine. I said as I jumped up in the air and attempted to slice and dice the hound with my charge skill. I swung in the air and the hound managed to evade the attack. Tch... Fine you mutt... Have it your way. I said as I landed by Life. I felt a little bit better after the spurt of exercise and I saw my Health bar rise up a little bit because of my battle healing skill.

ID:19513, 5 LD 16

~Enemy:

~Party:

Shark: 69/71

Life grinned at sharks angst for the beast in front of them. He decided that if he was to be done with the things there would be no time like the present to just finish the thing off. Life charged forward and soared through the air almost as if he was gliding and impaled the back of the core hound. It bellowed and swayed from side to side as it health bar dropped a significant amount, trying to shake him off but life jumped off of his back before it could do anything detrimental to his success. The next attack would be a lot simpler to execute, he gave shark a look of reassurance and stared over into the fires as the shrouded figure continued to chuckle in the darkness. "Well shark, it looks like we'll be able to finish this thing off.. the guy in the shadows is looking eager to fight.." 

ID: 19547 BD: 9

~Enemy:

-Core hound 2: 14/30

~Party:

• 2 weeks later...

I was eager to finish this hound so I went gung ho and didn't worry about a thing. I readied my charge skill and waited for the perfect opening. Alright Life, Let's put this dog down! We need to figure out that guy that sketchy guy and take care of him so we can return to the guild. Moments later, I found an opening and took it. I swung at the hound with all my might in an effort to end this fight but I came up short as his health remained in the Red Zone. I looked over at Life and smiled. Alright bud... you know what has to be done I said as I left him to the hound.

ID: 21217, BD 9

~Enemy:

-Core hound 2: 7/30

~Party:

Life nodded at Sharks que and ran for it, the beast was still startled from sharks attack and staggering in its feet. Life swung his katana like a cricket bat and cut into the beasts shoulder forcing its whole body to topple over onto it's back. It had no time to react at all before life retracted his blade and stabbed into its stomach. Magma oozed from the cuts as yelps forced its way from the beasts maw. Its hp bar was barely noticeable at this point. Life dragged his blade from where the beast laid, dragging its whole body with it and threw it over to sharks feat so he could finish it off. "I had the last one, you can take this one. Let's get it over with, the shrouded figure looks just about ready to reveal himself" He lowered his guard and stared over into the darkness behind the flames, the only thing that could be seen was the shadows crook smile, grinning eagerly to try his hand at the players. 

ID: 21260, BD 5+2-1=6

~Enemy:

-Core hound 2: 2/30

~Party:

I watched Life as he took the last hound head on. He swung his sword and made decent contact with the beast. His attack wasn't that strong so there was a couple Hit Points on the beast. You can have this one. He said to me as I readied my sword to prepare for anything that comes. I started to circle the hound and it followed my every move. Alright you beast... Try and get me. I said as I put one foot forward and prepared to jump. The hound anticipated my move and was already next to me before I knew it. I tried to jump and escape the beast's attack. I was quick but not quick enough. I managed to evade the most of it but I still took a couple hits on my right ankle. I landed on the other side of the beast by life. When I landed, I could feel my ankle roll a bit. Sh**! I said as I lost my balance and couldn't attack. I looked over my shoulder at Life, It seems as thought the puppy wants you to put him down. Better do it quick so we can figure out who or what this figure is. I told life as I tried to recover from the hit.

ID: 21684, 5

~Enemy:

-Core hound 2: 2/30

~Party:

Shark: 67/71

Life looked at Shark concerned "That looked like it hurt.." Life sighed and rubbed the back of his head and stared into the flames, the shrouded figure smirking at their success. "Let's be done with this" Life grinned stepped towards the beast, it eye'd him carefully and jumped at him for an attack. Life extended his blade out while the beast was mid air and skewered it instantly vaporising it into a flurry of particles. The shadowy figure grinned and the flames dimmed down which darkened the room which was now only lit by the torches on the walls. The screeching metal of the dragging of a blade could be heard as the figure approached them one step at a time. Life watched intently, trying to make out the aspects of the character. The beating of drums could be heard in the distance as the flames once again burst from the ground and engulfed its body; its health bar and name appeared as it swung its giant two-handed straight sword in a circular motion, putting out the flames and revealing its scarred face. It seemed like this was the boss battle for this dungeon. Life stood rather bewildered and gave Shark a nervous look "You ready for this?"

ID: 22586 BD: 5+2 

~Enemy:

-Core hound 2: 0/30   Put down!

-Bezerker: 70/70 (+7 damage)

~Party:

Shark: 67/71

• 1 month later...

I looked at Life as we found out what the mysterious person was. I stood in shock when I saw the difference between the levels of it and the hounds. Well this escalated quickly. I readied my sword and prepared for the battle. Alright Life, I'll move on you. I said as I ran around the back side of the monster and prepared to make a move after Life starts the fight.

Life nodded at Shark and eye'd the Berzerker as it stepped closer towards them, Life kept his blade firmly in front of him and waited for it to come closer. The Berzerker smirked and sprung from it's feet, running insanely fast towards him. Life's eye's widened as the once seemingly immobile A.I appeared in front of him with it's blade hovering high above his head. Life countered and brought his blade to meet his and stopped it travelling any further. That was just the first swing, the Berzerker sent a flurry of attacks at him, Life just barely able to counter them and clearly overwhelmed by it's sheer force as a monstrous grin spread across it's face. "I could use a little help!" Life yelled.

ID:26819 BD: 1 Mob: 2

~Life: 49/49

~Shark: 68/71

~Berzerker: 70/70

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed Life went in and was struggling off the bat. I looked around for anything that could be used to mess with the berzerker's head. I made my way next to the wall and activated my sprint skill and jumped off the wall and right for the monster. I'm coming Life! I yelled as I swung for the monster and used all my momentum to knock it off balance and give Life time to regain the ground he was starting to loose. 

ID: 28498, BD 5

I was able to knock the boss over but I was knocked further as well and did no damage to the boss. I got back to my feet and look over at life who has now regained his lost ground. Alright! We got this Life! Now, let's do some damage. I said as I prepared for the next wave of attacks.

• 1 month later...

Life nodded at shark "Alright let's do it!" Life charged back towards the Berzerker and swung at its side with everything he had while it tried to find its footing after Sharks attack. The blade cut across its abdomen quickly leaving a large red mark where his blade was. Life smirked as he finally landed a blow on the thing. The boss didn't take to kindly and swung overhead back at Life with the intent to take his. Life jumped to the side, narrowly dodging his strike and the things two handed blade smashed into the ground, ringing loudly. "He's wide open!" 

ID: 33254 ID: 3+2+2=7 Success! MD: 8-3=5 Fail!

~Berzerker: 63/70

• 3 weeks later...

Life just left a nice attack on the boss that resulted in a solid red streak across the abdomen of the boss. If I can land a nice attack in the same spot, it could be a crit. I thought to myself. I prepared for an attack that could mean the difference for this battle. I activated my sprint skill and ran circles around the boss to try and confuse it so I had the advantage in the agility department of this battle. 

I prepared to start an attack and readied my charge skill. Life backed away from the berzerker while it was still trying to follow me. I found an opening in its attack pattern so I launched my attack. I got closer and closer to the boss and landed a hard strike in the same spot as life so the boss was knocked off its balance. I looked back at Life who seemed ready to attack once more. alright Life, let's do this! I said as I kept the boss' attention as Life got ready to attack.

ID 35318, BD 8

~Shark: 71/71

~Berzerker: 55/70

Life smirked at their enthusiasm to defeat the boss "We can do it!" Life rushed in admiring Sharks fighting style and how he had knocked the boss off balance for him. The boss tried to regain its composure and strike at him but it wasn't in any proper form to do so, especially not against a player like Life. It's blade flimsily missed its target and Life cut straight around its abdomen, causing it lean forward against his blade from the impact of the blade. Life dragged it across as a large chunk of it's Hp disappeared and Life continued past it until he was a good meter behind the thing. He turned to face it and Shark "Alright it's getting low! We're almost there!"

ID: 35369 ID: 4+ 2= 6 Success! MD: 5-3=2 Fail!

~Berzerker: 48/70

We were deep into the fight and before I could make a move the boss regained its composure and started to launch an attack. It squared up to us and its blade became a dark red and that didn't seem very good for us. The boss charged straight forward at us in a very determined manner. I noticed life, who was behind me, was regaining his balance after his last attack. Guess I have to take one for the team. I said as I tried to parry the boss' attack. Ha! Your attack means nothing! I yelled at the boss after a successful parry to his attack.

I then used the momentum I currently had and charged up for my attack. I activated my sprint skill again and dazed the Berzerker with my speed. I then ran to the wall and pushed myself off and hurled myself towards the boss. You're mine! I yelled as I sliced my sword through the entire mid section of the boss. I had enough force that the Berzerker flew backwards and left a gaping door, wide open for Life to deal some more damage. He is all yours Life! Take him out! I said as I pointed my sword at the Berzerker.

ID: 35712 BD 9! MB 10 CD 11 LD 12

~Shark: 71/71

~Berzerker: 38/70