[SP-F10] Economics for Crows <<Earning a Living>> [Complete]

"Teleport: Yomi!" Crozeph uttered before closing his eyes. After a few seconds he opened them and saw a new floor before him "eerie but I like it" he said. Crozeph walked around the main settlement a few minutes and saw that it had a bit of scary vibe as he saw the houses and the architecture that inspired them. Crozeph opened his map and saw the marker for his quest, a quest for the profession that he chose. He took a stepped forward and then stopped, eyes on the beeping marker on his map menu "wrong direction" he thought. Crozeph turned to his left and walked again. The settlement almost made Crozeph lose focus on his quest, it was a bit decayin and old as if it could pass as a ghost town "just give this place a few more years and it will be" he thought before going back to his map. After a few more minutes of walking and staring at his map, he stood in front of a place, a little rundown for him but enough to keep him amazed at how well it was kept "ok Crozeph, time to learn something new" he told himself before walking in the old shop.

Crozeph opened the wooden sliding door only to see cobwebs on corners and a few displays of potions, crystals, and sleeping bags. The place was well lit and he could clearly see where he was standing. Although the place looked a bit abandoned and the cobwebs make it more obvious, Crozeph already felt the presence of an old man on the counter from the far side of the place "ahh I rarely see players enter this place, they don't like how it looks" he told Crozeph smiling. The man wore a similar black cloak like Crozeph and his fingers crossed and elbows on the counter, in front of him a paper where a list is written "are you here for the quest my boy?" he asked him. Crozeph looked around him while walking towards the old man "hm, I like how the place looks and yes I'm here for a quest" he replied. The man then stood up and pulled down the hood of his cloak revealing a white-haired man in his mid-forties and a few wrinkles on his forehead "well then I'll be needing your ears to do some listening" he told Crozeph, still keeping the smile on his face.

The old man pointed at a small chair in the corner "go grab that chair kid and we'll talk" he told him. Crozeph looked for the small chair and turned back at the old man "I'm not going to sit on a two feet high chair for kids" he told the old man "I just called you kid so you're sitting there" he replied/ Crozeph took the chair and sat on it, the table too high for him to see. Suddenly the old man laughed "you're funny, you really want to be a merchant to sit there" he told Crozeph. Crozeph turned red in anger and grabbed the chair "this is why I don't like my grandfather, he makes me do stupid things" he said. The old man wiped the tears in his eyes from laughing "yeah we all are like that" he replied. Crozeph remained standing looking at the old man. "Okay back to business" he stood up and went to the back of the counter. After a few seconds he came out carrying a duffel bag full of contents Crozeph doesn't even know "carry this kid" he told him "no way, I bet it's full of bricks" he replied. The old man laughed again "no, this bag is full of potions and teleport crystals and a few materials" he told Crozeph opening the bag. Crozeph nodded in approval "fair enough but why put them in the bag?" he asked. The old man just smiled and looked at Crozeph "we're going to sell them and deliver some."

Crozeph walked closer to the bag and admired the contents "wow, so this is what you do as a merchan" he said. The old man lifted his head in pride "ha! I'm not just an ordinary merchant, they call me 'Man of the Black Market' for a reason" he told Crozeph. The boy began clapping his hands "wow looks like you're the right person for teaching me how to be a good mer..." Crozeph was surprised when the old man threw the bag at him "come on boy we search for business, not the other way around" he told Crozeph opening the door for him. Crozeph smiled and quickly carried the bag on his back and walked out of the shop "for a gloomy floor and shop you sure are lively" Crozeph told him "of course, that's because I'm no NPC" he said. Crozeph was surprised but already figured it out, the old man may be old in age but his built and energy rivals the frontliners that Crozeph sees "I was here to oversee glitches and report it so it can be fixed but what do you know? Akihiba locked all of us in here" he told him "well enough of my past let's get some business done" he said as they walked together with Crozeph carrying the heavy bag on his back.

Crozeph carried the heavy bag on his back, the heaviest one he had since he entered SAO "who knew this things could be really heavy?" he said. The old man patted the bag giving more pressure on his back "well you're carrying dozens of it, think of our job today as Santa's henchmen" he told Crozeph. Crozeph was surprised "hey! I don't want to be called a henchman, I'm way too young for that and good looking to be honest" he said "hm, you can't even pass as a boss, having a young boss will only make your gang a childish game" the old man replied. Crozeph heaved the bag and pulled it up as they walked "seriously, I'm a good boss but I suck at being with others" he told the old man "I can see that from the moment you entered my shop" he replied. Crozeph glared at him "what a judgmental person" he said "but admit it I had a good judgment on you" the old man told him before letting out a hearty laugh "now make haste crow, I've heard your name somewhere and it looks like you're one hell of a slacker from what I could tell" he told Crozeph "better make your bones feel alive again" he added.

Crozeph settled the bag in front of an inn catching his breath, the bag was too much for him "this is like carrying a cross" he said. The old just smiled "it's heavy because you don't use strength a lot, a speed freak like you will most likely be carrying it back and forth running like a lizard" he told Crozeph. Crozeph kicked the bag "why didn't we just do that brilliant idea, I would've been done already" he replied pointing at the old man "you're quite a weird person when you're on your own huh boy" he said. The old man knocked at the inn after talking to him and kept his eyes on the window. After a few seconds they heard the creaking of the door and a young lady opened it for them "ahh are you the one who ordered crystals?" he asked. The girl nodded at the old man and looked at Crozeph and blushed before ushering them inside "looks like you're not lying about the good-looking part" the old man told Crozeph who made an annoyed smile "I don't think she likes me" he whispered. The two entered the inn and went to the dining area to see three players and the girl sitting on a round table. The old man quickly made himself seated on the vacant seat "hey boy bring the bag closer" he asked Crozeph who is already pulling the bag "that old man ordering me around" he thought . As Crozeph moved closer he heard the conversation "so men and madame, shall we begin the deal?" the old man asked smiling at the four players.

Crozeph sat at the table near the door while the old man talked with the four players, some kind of deal going on if Crozeph is right. "Why am I putting up with this?" he said. Crozeph held his cup of coffee and waited for a few more minutes spending his time scrolling through his skill list, staring at his sword, kicking the bag of the old man's things and staring at the ceiling. After a few minutes the players and the old man shake hands and called out to Crozeph "bring the bag here" he told him. Crozeph quickly stood up and pulled the bag towards them. The old man pulled out 5 or more crystals from it and handed it to them before bowing and leaving the inn while Crozeph followed him, still carrying the bag.

"What was that? how can I learn if you don't let me watch you do some merchant stuff?" he asked him. The old man patted Crozeph in the head and smiled "I'll teach you how to be, not show you" he replied. Crozeph just sighed "come boy, we've got a few more deliveries before I teach you something" he said as they continue to walk in the gloomy streets of Yomi.

Many dreadful hours passed as Crozeph and his mentor for the merchant profession walked around the village and delivered good. While it wasn't as troublesome as he thought, the bag seem to annoy him with it's weight "if I don't gain muscles with this, I'm going to burn his shop to the ground" he thought. Here and there they walked delivering potions, crystals and even materials on one player and another as if they're a pair of travelling merchant. Crozeph stood from afar but sometimes listened as the old man talked his way out in making a deal favorable for both sides and he would smile with confidence on his skills "man if the black marker huh?" Crozeph thought. It wasn't what he expected but at least he learned a few ways to gain some thing without drawing out his weapon from its scabbard which has become a trend lately outside and inside the safe zone "ok boy, we're done delivering, we'll go back to the shop and check our earnings" he told Crozeph before making his way back to the shop, with Crozeph now pulling the bag and his tongue out already.

Crozeph lied down on the floor as the man opened his menu and checked his col "you seem to have luck boy, we earned a lot" he told Crozeph "be careful old man, my jar of luck isn't bottomless" he replied. The old man just chuckled at the response but it looks like Crozeph has learned a few things from him "so what did you learn just by watching and listening?" he asked him "well it seems you're trying to keep the terms favorable on both sides, that's a rare act nowadays with all the greedy merchants around" he told the old man "I can count on one hand the few I know who doesn't tax everyone with a ridiculous amount of col" he added. The old man smiled "observant, you'll be needing that in this profession" he told Crozeph "well you also need to learn how to interact with other, no one wants to have transactions with an apathetic merchant" he added. "Though you don't seem to be one, there's still a part of you that'll drive them away" he said. Crozeph shrugged "no one like a to be glared upon but they themselves give me reason to do it" he said "and even some even call me annoying, but that's me" he added. "You can use those traits to your advantage, just don't let it be your liability" he told Crozeph "now, I want you to gather a few materials, two or three should be enough" he told Crozeph "we need to restock a little without spending col" he added.

Crozeph stood up and pulled his hood to cover his head, he'll be gathering materials and it won't be easy on a floor like this. Crozeph headed out of the shop and found his way out of Yomi as quickly as he can, much time has been wasted on following the old man but like always "patience and hard work pays off" he thought. Crozeph looked around him, his hood covering the upper part of his face showing only a faint sign of his eyes and a straight face expression while he settled his left hand on the hilt of his sword. Crozeph then eyed the rock formation far from his left "this should have some" he said. Crozeph unsheathed his sword fast enough to cut the weird rock formation and kicked it. There seem to be a sign that it had materials but to his dismay he found nothing that he can still save "oh well..." Crozeph sighed "better look for a much bountiful spot" he said before walking away from the cleanly cut rock.

• [iD: 11162] LD: [11] no loot

The next spot looks much more promising for him. Crozeph stomped his foot on the rock in front of him, expecting to get something from the rock. Crozeph gripped the hilt of his sword and quickly drew it out, slashing at the rock cutting it in half horizontally. Crozeph moved closer to see what was inside it but to his dismay it was just a normal rock "and here I thought I was about to find something useful" he thought. Crozeph sheathe his sword and set his eyes on the tree a few feet away from the rock he slashed "might as well look for something edible" he thought as he slowly walks toward it.

• [iD: 11224] LD: [9] no loot

Crozeph reached the tree after a few seconds, he was even surprised that a tree survived in this kind of floor "how the hell does this even get nutrition?" he said but then he realized that this is a game, not everything has to be realistic; they can even have ponies as floor boss. Crozeph unsheathed his sword and slashed at one of the thick branches the tree has. One landed on a sigle blow but it seems Crozeph still haven't found anything of good use"well if one branch has nothing then I might try my luck on other..." Crozeph turned around to another rock formation "that one" he said before walking away from the tree.

• [iD: 11279] LD: [12] no loot

Crozeph reached the rock formation slowly, he was getting bore of just looking for materials "I was expecting something more...dangerous" he thought. Crozeph stood in front of it, expecting to find some ore or ingot to take back to the old man so as not to disappoint him "he's a nice gramps but he likes messing with the young ones" he thought. Crozeph unsheathed his sword and made a quick strike to the rock. After a few seconds Crozeph saw a red gash on the rock, he didn't destroyed it, he wounded it. The ground began to shake and before him unfolded something that he wasn't expecting but something that could take out his boredom "looks like I've got a head start" he said as he raised his sword to the towering figure in front of him.

[iD: 11287]

Battle Dice: [10] critical success

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare +2 critical +1 Athletics

9 damage

Mob Dice: [4] fail

Crozeph 37/37

Rock Golem 18/27

Crozeph quickly moved back as the towering Golem used its arms to sweep through his location. Crozeph swung his sword and tried hitting the golem but the sweep was powerful enough to throw him off balance. As he spiraled in the air after dodging the attack, He landed on its arm and used his feet to push himself away from the golem. Crozeph landed on the ground rolling, a strong mob has set it's eyes on Crozeph and it seems both of them are still trying to read their movements "that was close golem, next time I'll definitely shave something off you" he said as he stands ready to attack or counter the golem, whichever comes first.

[iD: 11371]

Battle Dice: [2] - [1] + [2] = [3] fail

Mob Dice: [4] - [2] = [2] fail

Crozeph 37/37

Rock Golem 18/27

The golem didn't waste another second, it raised its fist and slammed at the ground sending earthquakes around it. Crozeph shielded himself and tried to jump to evade it but failed to do it completely. Dodging the earthquake was easy but not the rocks that jutted out of the ground. Crozeph got pushed back taking damage and almost fell on his back "my turn" he uttered. Crozeph used the jutting rocks to jump up and reach for the golem's right eye. The golem tried grabbing Crozeph in mid-air but failed, Crozeph was fast enough to run on it's arm and jumped before the other arm could grab him. Crozeph slashed at it's eye sending it back a few steps and letting it roar. Crozeph landed on the ground not quite well but it was enough to avoid another attack from the golem "now I should attack again" he said.

[iD: 11372]

Battle Dice: [6] - [1] +[2] = [7] success

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare

Mob Dice: [10] critical success

5 damage - 3 mitigation +2 critical =  4 damage

Craft Dice: [12] - [1] = [11] battle healing activated

+1 HP gained

Crozeph 34/37

Rock Golem 14/27

Crozeph dashed forward to attack the golem again, his sword aimed squarely at it's leg. The golem seem to know that Crozeph is aiming at its leg. The golem stomped its foot on the ground making the ground break and slabs of rock jut out of the ground. Crozeph dodged the attack but also failed on attacking the golem, the attack was more troublesome to dodge than deal damage on it. Crozeph jumped back, his attack has been rendered useless by the golem and the low light of the floor add up to one of his disadvantages right now. Crozeph thought hard standing still in front of the golem, he needs a new strategy to use right now for the golem.

[iD: 11394]

Battle Dice: [3] - [1] + [2] = [4] fail

Mob Dice: [5] - [2] = [3] fail

Crozeph 34/37

Rock Golem 14/27

The golem let out a thunderous roar as Crozeph stood still in front of it "if only it would attack first" he thought. After a few seconds the golem began to move and it made Crozeph smile. He dashed forward again not aiming for something specific but to just deal damage on the golem, making it live longer will only make his situation worse and the old man is waiting for the materials he asked of him. The golem raised its rock hard arm and sweep the ground again. Crozeph tried dodging but the reach was enough to not let him escape. Crozeph raised his shield, mitigating the damage of the attack but still it was painful. Crozeph buried his sword on its palm and twisted it making the golem roar again and raised its hand back up again with a wound in it. Crozeph coughed as he tried to breath after taking the blow, it seems his speed wasn't enough to take less damage.

[iD: 11395]

Battle Dice: [7] - [1] + [2] = [8] success

1 base +3 weapon skill +2 Crimson Flare

Mob Dice: [9] critical

5 damage - 3 mitigation + 1 critical = 3 damage

Crozeph 31/37

Rock Golem 8/27

The golem clenched its wounded fist and slammed it on the ground. Crozeph tried to keep himself up to avoid falling down because of the ground shaking after the golem's attack "not good" he said. Crozeph felt a slight hesitation, he can't run fast on moving ground or he'll risk himself stumbling and open for an attack. After a few seconds the ground stopped shaking and Crozeph didn't waste another second and slashed towards the golem's leg. The golem tried attacking back but Crozeph has already kept a good distance making its downward punch useless.

[iD: 11674]

Battle Dice: [4] + [2] =[6] success

1 base +2 Crimson Flare +3 weapon skill

Crozeph 31/37

Rock Golem 6/27

The golem has been weakened now, its wounded leg making it lose focus on standing up. All of a sudden it tried one last sweep near Crozeph but the boy just jumped high enough to dodge the attack. The golem stumbled down and fell on its back before letting out a weak grunt. Crozeph walked beside its head, trying to act like an executioner "looks like you've used up all your cards" he told the golem, his calm eyes on it. Crozeph raised his sword "go rest in this game's hard drive" he said. Crozeph swung down the sword cutting the head off the golem. It didn't give a grunt or any movement, it shattered quickly after Crozeph dealt the blow. Sheathing the sword, Crozeph looked around him "man, gramps would be angry if I don't bring at least one" he said as he scratches his head.

[iD: 11724]

Battle Dice: [6] + [2] = [8] success

1 base +2 Crimson Flare +3 weapon skill 

Crozeph 31/37

Rock Golem 0/27 DEAD

Crozeph approached a stone and kicked it , making sure there isn't a mob sleeping beneath it or the rock itself. After a few seconds of no response and only the thud that it makes as Crozeph kicks it he stopped and unsheathed his sword. With a quick motion, Crozeph slashed at the rock vertically cutting it in half but to his dismay it was just another one of those he destroyed earlier. Things are surely testing his patience but he has lots of it, petty rock with no materials doesn't tick him off but mobs do. Crozeph sheathed his sword and walked a few more feet away from Yomi, maybe a little far away spot with good materials are there.

• [iD: 11278] LD: [11] no loot