[OP-F1] Lonely

Helios was sitting leaned up against a tree near the Town of Beginnings enjoying the warm weather. He had only recently came into SAO and, other than the "die in the game, die in real life" thing, it was a really nice place to be in. He looked up at the clouds and smiled briefly. "This floor is so peaceful." He muttered to himself quietly. Helios was thankful he got out of that loud town. He wasn't exactly fond of packed places, so sitting away from it was nice. He then felt extremely lonely, realizing that he hadn't met anyone in the game yet. He looked around to see if anyone was around but couldn't see anyone. He decided to climb the tree and take a nap in it. He grabbed onto a branch and started pulling himself up. He sat down on the highest branch in the tree and leaned up against the tree. He looked at the Town of Beginnings for a minute and smiled before closing his eyes and falling asleep. Maybe he could find a friend when he woke up.

The streets of Starter City were bustling with people of all levels and skills This was nothing new ​though, Ever since the announcement that SAO was in all essence a death game players had flocked into the safety of the cities walls. Needless to say, the population spiked. Cassie or Olympia in this world had been wandering the streets in an attempt to explore. That was hard to do when constantly bumping into people. The final straw had been was a player ran smack dab into her. No apologies. No nothing. Uttering a few curses, it was then decided that a break was needed from the crowd. 

Heading more toward the outskirts of the city a tree was found. The tree had created a nice patch of shade ideal for getting out of the sun's rays. Striding over Olympia then took a seat against the trunk and leaned back. This was much more peaceful than the inner city. Closing emerald eyes she listened as the wind rustled the leaves.  

I ran threw the trees in the forest with maruchan on my shoulder. Maruchan let out a few high pitched barks as the wind flew threw his fur. Suddenly I spotted a level one player napping in my spot. As I got closer i took maruchan and held his face up to the sleeping player.

"Go on do it." I whispered to maruchan as he then began licking the players face trying to get him to wake up.

Maruchan then barked a little and ran over to a girl whom I had not noticed before. Then maruchan ran up on her chest and began licking the pretty girls face trying to wake her up now.

"Ha! Maruchan come on don't bother her that much! Hahaha." I said as I walked over and picked him up.

"Hahahah *sigh* I'm sorry about maruchan here, he has a thing for pretty girls you see." I said to the girl.

Helios woke up after Maruchan licked his face. "Hey", he said laughing. He looked at the boy who looked like he was around his age and then looked over to the pretty girl leaning on the trunk of the tree and smiled at them. "I'm Helios. What're your names?" he said as he climbed out of the tree. He didn't know that players came over here so he was surprised to see them. He was happy that he had people to talk to. He looked at the familiar sitting on the boy's shoulder. "That's a cool familiar." he said to the boy, "What kind of dog is he?"

Helios sat down next to them. He was glad that there were friendly players in this game, and not all PKers. He looked above their heads to make sure they weren't PKers before talking to them to much. He was glad to see a green cursor above both of them. Maybe, he thought, I could be friends with these two!

Before Olympia even realized it, her mind started to drift. It wasn't long until sleep overcame the senses pulling her further into the depths of darkness. There was no dream waiting. Just the all consuming blanket of nothingness. Other known as the subconscious. Something pulled her out of that state nothingness  though. That something happened to be damp and rough. Emerald eyes flew open only to find a small dog like creature using her upper body as leverage to reach her face. Muscles instantly relaxed when it was seen to be a dog; who was named  Maruchan. Nearby, a male voice--also more than likely the owner--was calling out an apology. Laughing lightly Olympia ran her fingers through the dog soft fur; making sure to gently caress his ears. Who knew she would miss her  own dumb, lovable dogs so much? 

Within the next few second another blonde-haired player revealed himself from the upper branches of another tree. Maruchan then ran off and once more hopped on his owners shoulder. Righting herself, Olympia glided over to where the two males were. "No problem," Olympia grinned, giving Maruchan another slight rub, "I'm Olympia. It's nice to meet you Helios and ...." A questioning gaze was then slid over to the owner of the dog who had awaken her.  

"Oh? Maruchan you hear that someone who doesn't know me for performing!" I said to the happy pup on my shoulder.

"Well then I supose its time for our introduction we practiced... Let's go maruchan!" I said to the dog who responded in a few high pitched barks.

I set maruchan down and walked about ten feet away from him. Maruchan the came running at me and I launched him up in the air. I then stuck my cutlass in the dirt and flipped onto it and began balancing.

"I'm X!.." I yelled proudly.

"This is maruchan..." I said as maruchan landed on balancing on his forelegs on my head and let out a small bark.

"And we're the most famous performers in all of Aincrad!" I yelled for the whole forest to hear.

I then slung around my guitar and cracked my fingers.

"Do I have any requests?" I asked my two new friends.

He looked at X and chuckled. "Nice to meet you X and Olympia." he said, still chuckling. He was amazed at how well he could balance on the cutlass. "Play anything you want." he told X, who had his guitar in his hands, ready to be played. Helios leaned back against the trunk. He opened his inventory and equipped a piece of bread to eat well enjoying the show. He split it in two and smiled. "Want some?" he asked Olympia. He looked over to X waiting for him to start. He grinned cheerfully as he started playing the guitar. "So", he said to X, "You two are the most famous performers in all of Aincrad?". He laughed slightly, not completely believing him.

At the duo's introduction, Olympia couldn't help but let a laugh escape past full lips. There was a brief moment where she wondered how long it took them to get it down. That moment was quickly over when X asked if there was a request from one of them. Helios had stated that anything would do. She was inclined to agree. "Anything you feel like is fine with me too." Zahra smiled, "And sure. Thanks." Without hesitation, a bite was taken out of the half loaf. The bread itself was tasted like...bread, but the texture was soft and warm; making it enjoyable. While chewing she listened to Helios question of the duo was really the best  performers in Aincrad. Guess they would find out, wouldn't they? 

The players sadly had no requests to give me. Part of my whole shtick is playing covers of songs for the real world.

"Alright then il just sing a little song I remember by heart." I said as I began strumming still balancibg on the cutlass.

"One more time!" I sang out begining my cover of daft punks song "one more time."

Pretty difficult considering all I have is an acoustic guitar. I managed to make it work though and the song sounded great. I'm actually surprised myself all these skills of mine have developed this fast in this game.

Helios laughed a little. It was nice to hear a song from the real world. He clapped for the two of them. "That was great!" he said laughing, "I guess you guys really are the best performers in Aincrad!". He smiled at the them and then looked at the piece of bread in his hand. It was small, but enough for X and Maruchan to share. He smiled and handed the bread to X. "Thanks for the performance." he said with a grin. He looked over at Olympia, who was enjoying the bread, and sat back down. He leaned against the trunk of the tree. "So", he said cheerfully, "What do you guys want to do?". He looked around curiously looking for something they could do. He didn't see a lot, so he waited to hear what they wanted to do. He smiled and looked back at them. It was nice to have someone to talk to...

As the rhythm drifted through the air there was no keeping her foot from bouncing in tune. X could not have picked a better song. Daft Punk was a classic band that was well known. They even created a mini-series to go along with one of their albums called Interstella 555. It was well done for being created back when animation was considered "new". Taking a seat, another bite of the bread was taken. When the song was finished Olympia placed the bread in her lap and clapped. "Nicely done, X!"

Now that the performance was over everyone was wondering what could be done. "Hum, I'm not sure," Olympia muttered, thinking of the possibilities. There was always boar hunting, but that was a classic activity. Then it dawned on her. Just a day ago the pinkette had purchased a pack of royal playing cards. Since there was no one she really knew here she had taken to playing solitaire. "Do you guys play cards?" Her family, particularly on her father's side, where card fanatics. Playing cards with them was like playing with professionals. Games were always serious and there was something on the line. 

The players gave me praise for my abilities and I simply told Maruchan to bow and the pup actually did. Then Olympia suggested we go play cards. I was quite familiar with cards and knew 52 difrent ways to put a certain card in my hand with no one noticing. Other than being keen on cheating in games of cards this made me a lot of money in the real world. However I then thought of the possibility of an anti cheating system in the game and quickly abandoned the idea. These two players seemed pretty nice lots of potential no doubt.

"Hey you two... I've got a guild I'm a part of and what we do is, is help out the low leveled players. I'd like it if you two joined. il let azide my leader know to add you to our roster." I said to the players with a smile.

Maruchan then ran and ate the entire piece of bread but I didn't mind.

"I'm sorry new friends but it seems Maruchan is hungry and he needs a particular type of food in order to do these acrobatics. So il leave you guys here for now. Please make sure to stay safe and remember il tell azide about you guys." I said as I gathered my guitar and cutlass.

"Maruchan say goodbye to your new friends." I told the pup that licked the girls hand.

Then me and Maruchan left heading for the city. "These level ones seem like they have a good head on there shoulders, they'll be fine" I thought.

XWuZHeAR exits the RP

Sayre, completely disoriented by the bustling city and new environment, stumbled out of a nearby shop and swiftly moved towards a clearing. He couldn't help but keep his thoughts on his aspirations, he was a measly level one with not a whole lot to him but a few shitty items. Nothing about him screamed intimidating, however that really wasn't how he operated in real life anyway. In a dull mutter, "Do people enjoy this city environment? It's ghastly. I can't get a thought out of my head without being shoved by someone in a rush." On the bright side, down the road he spotted a beautiful clearing where he could at least gather his thoughts and find out how he can begin leveling. On the not-so-bright-side, a small group of people sat idle, by appearance the two adventurers looked like they near his skill level..however looks have been deceiving so many other times. Having done his fair share of research on the game, he knew he could never clear the game alone, and without at least putting him self out towards some people progress will halt entirely.

He put his best sincere looking smile on his face, and approached the two friendly looking people. As he approached the two with a friendly wave, he yelled "Hey there! Are you both new to Sword Art Online, too?" and thought to himself, "I just have to remember, regardless of whether I like them or not, I need to find out how I can get better at this game. It's going to take a lot more than a short sword and a few Col to get anywhere I want to be."

"Oh okay. Bye X!" he said to him as he walked away towards the city. Helios looked back at Olympia, who asked if he wanted to play cards. "I've never really played much cards, but I think I have an idea on how to play." he said to the pinkette. He only ever played cards when he went camping with his family, so he wasn't exactly an expert at it. Thinking about playing cards with his family brought back memories. Helios hadn't seen his brother in a long time. He missed him. Maybe i'll see him again soon... He thought to himself. When he snapped out of his daydream he realized Olympia was handing out the cards. "So what are we playing?" he asked her. Helios noticed someone else approaching them. "Hey! Yes we are new." he said to the boy. "I'm Helios and this is Olympia. What's your name?" he asked, smiling at him.

Sayre glanced at Helios and Olympia with a smile, and his eyes followed down to the cards they were toying with. He then chuckled and lifted his hand and rubbed his head in embarrassment, "I didn't realize I was interrupting something...I'm sorry!" Helios seemed welcoming enough, so he continued his slow steps towards the two, meanwhile taking in the scenery and remarking to himself, "What beautiful weather in Aincrad. It's hard to believe I'm even in a video game." Smiling, he looked back up at the pair. "Nice to meet you two, my name is Sayre. I've never really been one for video games, so to be quite honest I'm at a complete loss on what I'm supposed to be doing right now.." Plopping down on the ground nearby them, he reached into his pockets with a modest smile on his face, his honest curiosity blatantly obvious.

[OOC: I assume you guys probably reply in the order of when you joined the topic, or does that not matter here? Since you introduced for her, I'll post, but let me know if moving forward we should just fall back in order! ]

As it turns out Maruchan needed to be fed. With that said X made his way back toward the city. "See ya X!" Olympia waved as she opened up the HUD and selected the cards. Helios had said that he somewhat knew how to play. No problem. What she was going to teach him was a simple game called Hearts, that is if didn't already know how to play it. Most people were familiar with it. "We can pla-" The sentence was never finished as to the fact that someone else had entered the clearing. Whipping around Olympia found herself facing another player; this time blonde. He had asked if they were new to the game before plopping down on the ground nearby. New to games, hum? "I'm fairly new to SAO," Olympia commented, "but I would recommend getting experience. Experience means hit point and hit points allow you to live longer." Unfortunate, but true. Any low-level player ran the risk of losing their lives against the monsters of floor one. "At least that is what I've been doing. Any suggestions Helios?" 

Helios looked at Olympia and nodded. "Yup, boars are a great way to farm XP. Don't do it alone though." he told Sayre. He didn't want him to die, especially this early into the game. "If you ever want some help with farming just call me." he smiled. He actually hadn't done much hunting himself, so he wasn't great at it. It felt nice to offer his help though. Helios found it kind of funny that Sayre's first choice of game was an VRMMO like SAO. He really did not expect that he would find someone new to video games. "So do you want to play cards with us?" he asked, cheerfully welcoming him into the group. He was surprised how many new friends he had met since he joined. "What game did you say you were going to teach me?" he asked Olympia.

"These two seem alright. Perhaps I'll actually stand a chance to survive a game like this. I need to find a way to get stronger and level up faster, so playing cards feels like a huge waste of time. But these two seem two know a lot more about SAO than I do, and if it means hanging around playing games for a little bit of time I suppose it will manage." Sayre thought, looking up again at the sky, toying with the idea, trying to understand how these two can so willingly sacrifice time to actually -have- fun. Definitely a foreign concept to Sayre, as survival was his first striking instinct. 

Completely lost in his train of thought, he nodded through the advice that Olympia had so willingly provided, and appreciated Helio's input that shortly followed. Everything he had learned so far had been completely new, however the entire process seemed easy enough, Sayre sighed, "Boars, huh? That sounds manageable...I guess my only concern is not dying so soon in the game! Does it really make sense to start battling right out the gates, or is there a better way to level up first..? " he realized he was burdening the two with all his questions and what was supposed to be inner monologue, noticing the two were ready to throw down some cards. "On second thought, I can do cards, you may have to teach me the ropes, but I guarantee you'll rue the day you think you can beat me at a card game!" He smirked, a glimmer in his eye. "I'm going to get stronger, I know it."

(OOC: Olympia is validating so I guess we can just say she had to go or something. lol I don't want to abruptly stop this :P)

Helios looked at Olympia and said goodbye to her. She had said that she had something important to do and had to leave. He waved to her as she left and smiled. After she left he looked at Sayre. "So, you wanted to gain some levels?" he asked, grinning at the boy. He opened his inventory and looked for his sword. Helios equipped the weapon and waited for a response. He looked at the boars, wandering around the field. It looked like they were just waiting to get slaughtered. Although he was new to SAO, Helios had played a lot of MMORPGs in the past. He knew how to stay alive when fighting monsters, or try to stay alive at least. He stood up and stretched before unsheathing his sword. "If you want to gain some levels your best option, other than quests, is farming." he told Sayre.

(OOC: I think at this RP I was like, level 2...regardless, you were definitely stronger than me when we started so we'll play it like that.)

Sayre's eyes grew wide at Helio's sword, it was definitely a lot more promising looking than his. Perhaps he had found a gold mine right from the get-go, someone who is gonna take him under his wing, give him the grand tour. "That's a nice looking weapon. At the exit of your girlfriend there, what do you think about fighting side by side, killing some monsters? We could take on each our own together, or even share the loot drops. Does that sound fun? I feel like I'm wasting my time, quite honestly. Unless you have some other suggestions?" Sayre smiled, kicking up some dirt around him admiring the scenery around him once again. He had his short sword, which by the looks of it did one damage a hit..which was pretty pitiful. However, on the first floor the monsters were definitely not very menacing. The beta testers handed out instruction manuals on Sayre's first day in SAO, and by the looks of it Helios and Olympia were exactly right. It's time to kill some monsters if Sayre wants to level up.

Sayre stuck his hand out to his new acquaintance, "So what do you think? Level up together?" he smiled.