[PP-F1] When Egos Collide (Niklaus)

I stretched my arms outwards and cracked my knuckles before climbing up the fair-sized tree outside the safezone. About two branches higher I stopped moving up and crawled onto the branch. Once I got to the end I stood up and took a deep breath. With one last glance at the branch underneath me I purposely slipped off and grabbed onto the branch at the last second. From there, I swung my legs forward and held on. I hung from the tree using my legs and stared out into the fields with a blank expression. My face changed from bored to annoyed in seconds. "So boorriinnngg!" I moaned as I moved my two toned hair from my face. Floor one was never exciting. Boars roamed, level ones fought, and players died. It just so happened that this was the floor I visited the most though. After about five minutes of staring I finally saw someone come from the empty fields. A male player who was coming this way. With a grin I got an idea, I make myself look dead. Leaving my arms still as I hung upside down and my eyes unmoving. "Let's see how this idiot reacts."

Niklaus had just finished your typical MoB run when he began to approach then Starting City. As usual he would battle a bit then go to town and heal. This time was different however. As he neared the city walls, he spotted a figure hanging from a tree. Keeping his dagger at the ready, he cautiously approached what he now realized was a girl. She had two-toned hair. Her hair is two separate colors. Much like the girl from the town earlier this week. However this girl has blue and black hair rather than brown and white. Why is she just dangling there with a blank expression?

He felt a bit more at ease at the sight of her green crystal. Well at least she's not a player killing playing dead, trying to trap the more vulnerable players. Maybe she's just slow? "You know I can see your health and player crystal right? If you want to play dead, you should invest your skills in sneaking and hiding. Otherwise, you look like a moron just dangling there."

My piercing blue eyes snapped open when the player knew I wasn't really dead. "Boo. Your'e no fun." I said in a mocking tone, still hanging from the tree branch. I carefully looked the player up and down, completely suspicious. "He could be a Maverick.." I thought cautiously then smirked. If he actually was here to kill me then he would crack after I insulted him like the others. "Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing out that my health and crystal is visible, I was seriously starting to think that they had gone somewhere! Play dead? Me? Well, it seems that someone is mistaken. This is a serious death game so why in the world of Aincrad would I play dead?" I tilted my head sideways and rolled my eyes. With one swift movement I unlatched my legs from the tree and landed on my feet perfectly. I stepped forward and glared at the player. "You need to think about what you say before actually speaking. Also, it's a good idea to know who you are speaking to."

"I never claimed to be fun, and as for why you would play dead is beyond me. I hear special people do it all the time." Klaus explained as the girl unhitched herself from the tree. She suddenly stepped towards him and remarked with another snide comment.

Unfazed by the girl's approach, Klaus took a step back to keep up the civil facade, they were to maintain. "Your tone suggests I should care with whom I'm speaking too. Frankly, I haven't the slightest clue who you are and why I should be intimidated by you." Giving the girl a cold stare he continued with a condescending tone about his voice. "But please do tell me how important you are. Information, no matter how trivial, can be useful eventually." 

I crossed my arms and returned the glare. "Neither did I but apparently I'm fun to mess with. I wasn't playing dead, that's just morbid. I was simply unmoving whilst hanging from a tree. You, my good sir, jumped to conclusions and assumed that I was playing dead. Thanks for trying though!" I shot back sarcastically as he stepped away from me. 

What he said next reminded me of Ariel, only she called me a princess. This man obviously didn't know who I was so I shrugged. "I was being considerate by not telling you my name but I see that you probably don't care. Don't blame me if you get killed for knowin' my name!~" I warned in a sing-song voice. He probably wouldn't be able to comprehend the magnitude of an issue I could become but I didn't care. This man would just have to suffer the consequences. I stepped forward again and took a bow. "My kind sir. I am Kiru, level forty-one Maverick Hunter. Ready to end you if so much as point a finger at me. I enjoy long walks in the park, sleeping the park, and scaring people. Anything else you would like to know? How 'bout my past? It's quite the sob story!" I raised my head but didn't straighten up all the way. From under my bangs I grinned and stared at his eyes.

"So hanging there looking lifeless is by no means playing dead? In that case, who in their right mind hangs upside down from tree, arms dangling, looking like a pent up pinata? Certainly a clever girl such as yourself knows how stupid that looks. " Glancing over her dejectedly, Klaus continued with their banter. "Furthermore I doubt your name carries any weight. Until you are feared by all those who have something to fear, your name has no meaning aside from the person it belongs too."

He felt a little regret as the words rolled off his tongue. The harsh sharpness of his voice was enough to slice silence. The girl then stepped closer once more, bowed, and introduced herself. "So self-absorbed you even threw in your level. Kiru you are quite the piece of work you know that? As for your sob story I'm disinterested. I'm actually looking for information on something much more important than your back story." He forced a wry smile as he hoped this Kiru person could actually be of some value in finding his sister.

I huffed out a breath of annoyance and stood up straight. I fixed a piece of hair that went astray and looked at the player with narrowed eyes. "Yes, hanging from a tree does not make me dead. And for your information, a lot of people hang from trees. I just happen to not be an idiot unlike most of them. I'll take the pinata reference as a compliment, I'm sure the inside of me is real sweet." The words that came from my mouth weren't true nor false. Keith said that I was caring or whatever somewhere but some begged to differ. Also, not a lot of people hung from trees, I knew that, but if there was one thing I was good at, it was arguing. So, I continued my argument with the strange male. "And yes, I'm fully aware that I am a piece of work, maybe it is because you are difficult to get along with? If you asked anyone about me I'm sure you'd get a straight answer about my personality. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be liking you any time soon." 

With yet another sigh I waved my hands towards him and closed my eyes. "Well then, I guess you should start looking for that information instead of yelling at a higher leveled player that could kill you in one hit hm?" At that I turned away from him, flipping my hair in his ace while doing so, and began to walk away. Then, I stopped and looked over my shoulder. "Oh and if a Player Killer comes by asking where I was I would suggest saying that you don't know me." I said with a sly grin and walked further away from him. 

Inhaling deeply and exhaling a long breath he went over his options. How do I find myself in these situations? She may actually have valuable information and it would definitely be better to have her on my side rather than against me. She is also quite skilled and it would be best not to completely piss her off. 

After mulling it over Klaus spoke. "Kiru wait up! " Running to catch her, he he began to speak. "My apologies. My behavior was rather asinine, and I apologize for it." Reaching out a hand, he did a slight bow. "My mannerisms are rather um blunt and I see now that wont get me far here. If you have any information regarding Rebekah, I'd be eternally grateful if you shared it with me."

While not the best of apologies, it should do the trick. I need someone of her caliber to trust. I already have issues as it is and although I'm aware of it, I seem to be stuck in my ways...