[F2-Shop] The French Quarter (Open)

The French Quarter

French-Quarter-Allure-SOLD.jpg

The French Quarter is a small shop located on the outer perimeter of  Urbus. There are two entrances. One located near the front of the shop to allow players to enter from the town and another entrance near the back that allows Player Killers to enter from outside the town. Enormous glass showcases line the walls. They are currently empty however. A couple counters, for displaying jewelry, make up the outer edge of the sales floor. The shop has a real New Orleans feel to it. Jazz music softly plays in the background.

Professional Artisan: 4 CPD
Rank 3: 56/80 EXP (Rank 4) [+1 CD]

Spoiler

Name: Castle Aincrad
Your Profession: Artisan
ID: 10955
Roll: 12
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +1 Crafting Die
Description: A small wooden replica of the floating castle of Aincrad. An elegant yet simple design. The miniature seems to give the beholder a better chance at crafting better items.

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-3] = Fail (Lose materials)

[4-5] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[6-8] = Good item  
[9-10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Epic Fail, Fail, and Bad Item: 1 EXP

Good Item: 2 EXP
Uncommon Item: 3 EXP
Rare Item: 5 EXP
Perfect Item: 8 EXP

Prices:
Good:
Uncommon:
Rare:
Perfect:

For Sale:

Display Case #1
Spoiler

Name: Bag O' Money
Your Profession: Artisan
ID: 51634
Roll: 9 [8+1]
Item Type: Trinket
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 Prosperity
Description: A wooden carving of a pot of gold.

Display Case #2
Jewelry Display #1
Jewelry Display #2

Order Form:
Name:
Your Profession: Artisan
ID: Leave Blank
Roll: Leave Blank
Item Type:
Tier:
Quality:
Enhancements:
Description:

Edited by Niklaus

February 21st- Attempt 1 & 2

Well this shop cant very well run itself, Niklaus thought as he opened the doors to The French Quarter. Jazz music tickled his ears as he waltzed about the room. Satisfied with how the place turned out, he headed to the back to begin his first set of crafts. "I've never actually attempted to make something before. I've dabbled with painting but I'm only great at best." Grabbing a paintbrush, a small canvas (material), a wood block (material) and his sculpting tool, he set to work on making a few small scale projects. He tried his hand at sculpting the wood into a tiny sword miniature. He chipped off too much wood however and had to scrap the project. His painting went much better. Though it wasn't extremely special, the art would proudly hang along the wall in his shop.

Attempt 1 [10600] Craft Die: 4

Fail

- 1 Material

+1 EXP

Attempt 2 [10602] Craft Die: 8

Succeed

-1 Material

+2 EXP

Item-Type: Painting

Name: City of Urbus
Quality: Good
Description: This small painting depicts the area surrounding Niklaus' shop, The French Qurter. It is well done and made with water based oil paint.
Wanted price: 100 Col

February 22nd- Attempt 3 & 4

After yesterday's fail, Nik wanted to prove he could sculpt today. He grabbed two wood blocks from his material closet. Setting the first one down, he began to chip away at the wood. He was doing fine until he put to much pressure on the edge of the block, thus snapping it of. Niklaus quickly rounded off all the corners and whittled the edges down to salvage a workable piece of wood. I can use this to make a small ring box or something. Ehh, lets try the other material. Grasping the second material in hand, he started sculpting another miniature. He didn't even make it halfway before he snapped the whole block in half. "Well that's just great." Trashing the project, Niklaus decided to get out of the shop for the day and continue his search for his sister. 

Attempt 3 [10625] Craft Die: 5

Succeed/Fail

- 1 Material

+1 EXP

Salvage: [10626] LD: 15

Succeed

+1 Material

Attempt 4 [10627] Craft Die: 2

Succeed/Fail

-1 Material

+1 EXP

Salvage: [10628] LD: 12

Fail

February 23- Attempt 5 & 6

Niklaus took out two wooden blocks for the day. He wanted to create something he could be proud of. Getting a sudden idea, he began to whittle the wood away of the first material. He had nearly finished, when he had bumped his knee against his crafting desk. Yelping in pain, he threw the little project against the wall in frustration. After calming down, and the pain subsiding, he looked at his mess. Shaking his head he cleaned it up and set to work on the other material. Finishing the hard part, he applied a nice oil finish and admired the little wooden knight perched on a horse. It was a replica of the one from his childhood. Smiling he equipped it to his inventory and cleaned up his workstation. The he flipped the lights off and left the store, making sure to lock it as he left.

Attempt 5 [10863] Craft Die: 3

Fail

- 1 Material

+1 EXP

Attempt 6 [10864] Craft Die: 8

Succeed

-1 Material

+2 EXP

Item-Type: Miniature

Name: Knight of Niklaus
Quality: Good
Description: This wooden miniature is a replica of a toy memento of Niklaus' childhood. He had given the original toy to his sister Rebekah. It is made with oak wood.
Wanted price: Not for sale. (Placed in inventory. Vanity Item)

February 24- Attempt 7 & 8

Niklaus had opened the doors to the French Quarter once more. Jazz music always seemed to put him in a great mood. Grabbing a wooden block, a metal ore, his crafting hammer, and his sculpting tool. Niklaus set to work on his two projects for the day. First I'll try to make a Moonlight Ring. After, I'll sculpt a miniature replica of the floating Aincrad. Grabbing his crafting hammer, he tapped three quick times on the material. At first nothing happened. Then suddenly, the ore glowed a bright red and smoldered into ash. sweeping the mess of his table and into the waste bin, Niklaus grabbed the wooden block. Setting the wooden block down, Nik began to chip and craft away a decent model of the castle. Suddenly the castle glowed a bright blue and finished itself. Grabbing it, Niklaus documented the creation and placed it in his drawer for approval.

"Today wasn't a total waste it seems"

Attempt 7  [10954] Craft Die: 1

Fail

- 1 Material

+1 EXP

Attempt 8 [10955] Craft Die: 12

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Item-Type: Miniature

Name: Aincrad Castle
Quality: Perfect
Description: A small wooden replica of the floating castle of Aincrad. An elegant yet simple design. The miniature grants the holder an accuracy boost and heightens their sense of blood lust. Traits: +2 Bleed + 1 Accuracy.
Wanted price: Not for sale.

February 25- Attempt 9 & 10

Niklaus opened the doors to the French Quarter. Jazz music playing as usual. Grabbing 2 wooden blocks and his sculpting tool, Niklaus set to work on his two crafts for the day. The first sculpture went terribly wrong as he snapped the block in half again. I will never get this sculpting thing down. It's simply something that requires detail and patience. Traits I rarely display. But I will craft something today. Grabbing the second block, he sat and concentrated. Whittling away, he was finally able to create a wooden claymore miniature. It's not the fanciest, but it's something eh.. 

Attempt 9  [11152] Craft Die: 4

Fail

- 1 Material

+1 EXP

Attempt 10 [11153] Craft Die: 8

Succeed

-1 Material

+2 EXP

Item-Type: Miniature

Name: Claymore Toy
Quality: Good
Description: This wooden miniature is a simple claymore toy. It has no special traits.
Wanted price: 100 Col

Leveled up to Rank 2- Apprentice Artisan

February 26- Attempt 11, 12 & 13

It was another boring day on the second floor. Niklaus had yet to find his sister and on top of that his shop was just not going so well. However today he would be crafting as a rank 2 artisan. This rank allowed him to create jewelry along side his worthless miniatures. Turning on the lights and grabbing his supplies, Nik dedicated today to creating his Moonlight Ring. He had perfected the traits onto a miniature the other day. So today would be the real deal. Grabbing his first material, he set to work on tapping it with his crafting hammer. He had successfully created a ring, but not one of perfect quality. Placing it in one of his jewelry showcases, he grabbed another mat and tapped away. This attempt went straight to the trash bin. The material had smoldered right before his eyes after 3 taps. Not letting it get to him, Niklaus hammered on his last material of the day. The material took shape and glowed a bright green before turning into a silver band with a black stone in the middle. He had crafted the perfect Moonlight Ring and wished to have it evaluated as soon as possible. Polishing it off, he placed it in his evaluation bin and proceeded to clean up his shop.

Satisfied with his crafts for the day, Niklaus, surprisingly, left the shop in quite the good mood.

Attempt 11  [11247] Craft Die: 7

Succeed

- 1 Material

+2 EXP

Item Type: Jewelry

Item Name: Hybrid Ring

Quality: Good

Description: A simple band made from gold and silver metals. Its dual coloring is how it got it's name.

Attempt 12 [11248] Craft Die: 3

Fail

-1 Material

+1 EXP

Attempt 13 [11249] Craft Die: 12

Succeed

-1 Material

+8 EXP

Item Name: Moonlight Ring

Quality: Perfect

Description: This band allows the user to control there feral instincts. It has the capacity to increase one's controlled blood-lust and precision in executing blows. Traits: +2 Bleed and +1 Accuracy.

February 28- Attempt 14, 15, & 16

The street lay empty leading to The French Quarter. NPCs and players alike had all withdrawn for the night, which left Klaus with a considerable amount of quiet time. Opening the door to his shop, the melodies jazzy blues entered his mind and coursed through his soul. "Ahh the power of music, is stronger than any name or title, wealthier than any person or bank, and more important than any world-renowned figure or discovery. Music is simply life." Strolling to the back room, Niklaus prepared his crafting board. I think I'll make necklaces today. They oft remind me of the one my mother gave me, which I bestowed unto Marcel. Maybe I'll make a replica.

Shaking his thoughts, Niklaus grabbed the necessary materials and began to craft. He started on his replica. At first the crafting was going well, the wings of the bird were eloquently crafted and the leather strap for the necklace was neatly tied, however, things went south when he went to enchant the item, thus completely ruining the material and craft. Sighing, he moved on to the next project. Making yet another necklace, he succeeded in recreating another necklace from his memories. Placing it in the jewelry evaluation bin, he grabbed his final material for the day.

The final necklace he created was one that he had from a vision. An owl shaped talisman strapped with a brown leather cord. He almost un-flawlessly recreated it straight from his dreams. Placing it in the bin as well, he dusted his hands off and placed his tools in the proper buckets. Shutting off the lights, he hoped his items would  be evaluated soon.

Attempt 14 [11582] Craft Die: 1

Fail

-1 Material

+1 EXP

Attempt 15 [11583] Craft Die: 11

Succeed

-1 Material

+5 EXP

Item Name: Rosary of Madness

Quality: Rare

Description: This beaded necklace makes the user lose control of their minds. It forces them to embrace there blood lust and cave into the darkness. Traits: +2 Bleed.

Attempt 16 [11584] Craft Die: 11

Succeed

-1 Material

+5 EXP

Leveled up to Rank 3- Professional Artisan

Item Name: Talisman of the Owl

Quality: Rare

Description: An enchanted owl talisman, strung together with a normal brown leather cord. The wearer is granted enhanced sight, allowing them to connect on more attacks than most. Traits: +2 Accuracy.
  • 4 weeks later...

Oikawa entered the shop. Soothing jazz music filled his ears as he stepped into the furnished parlor. There were few display cases with even fewer items within them. Taking a look at the items, he quickly spotted the one he needed. "Um excuse me, can I purchase the Talisman of the Owl?" Oikawa eyed the tall man standing behind the counter. He seemed to be one of those people that had resting b*tch face. That's gotta suck to wake up with. He patiently waited for the man's response.

Niklaus heard the ring of the door chime as a blonde figure walked. Fantastic my first victim. Niklaus watched as the boy wandered from case to case, eyeing his small stock of wares. The boy finally settled on an item from his jewelry case. "It'll cost ya 500 Col or 3 mats. Nik brought up the trade window and allowed the customer to choose between his payments.

"I'll pay in Col." Oikawa selected 500 Col and removed it from his account and placed it before the shop owner. "Thank you for the item." Satisfied with his purchase he left the shop without a further thought.

-500 Col

+1 Talisman of the Owl

"Very well then." Niklaus accepted the transaction and removed the item from his case. As the boy turned and left, Nik couldn't help but feel a small twinge of happiness as he had completed his first transaction. One item at time. One item...at a time.

-1 Talisman of the Owl

+500 Col

• 11 months later...

March 16- 

Niklaus analyzed the metal and glass based materials that littered the translucent counter tops at his disposal. A pair of frames to increase my accuracy wouldn't be too far out of the question I suppose. Though the tedious work of crafting them in real life is far superior to what I have here. Which is just a simple tap hear and there. A sigh escaped between pursed lips as the blond settled into his chair and set the materials up to be crafted. Placing a scope over the frames, Niklaus brought his crafting tool to it's edge before lightly tapping a few times. He repeated this motion twice more before stopping to check his work.

ID: 51632 CD: 11 [10+1] [Rare] [+5 EXP]

ID: 51633 CD: 11 [10+1] [Rare] [+5 EXP]

ID: 51634 CD: 9 [8+1] [Uncommon] [+3 EXP]

-3 Materials, 0 Materials Left.

+13 EXP56/80 (Rank 4)

Edited by Niklaus