[SP-F5] <<The Traveler>>

With the adolescent Sand Shark temporarily underneath below of the surface of the sand, Azide began running towards the scattered and fallen crates, only to be interrupted by a tremor that stopped him in his tracks. He threw his arms out to hold his balance, but was quickly toppled when the beast decided to fully emerge out from underneath him. The male player was tossed into the air, then skid down the creature's rough and gritty scales. Upon landing roughly on the ground, however, he took it upon himself to turn around and stab at the creature repeatedly with his blade. He impaled it several times, healing back part of the health the creature had costed him before finally retreating back under the desert. "The thing's nearly dead now," he thought. "Better make this count," he thought, breaking out into a full speed run towards the crates.

ID: 10837

CD: 6 (Safe)

BD: 8 (Hit)(Life Steal +1)

MD: 10 (Crit +2)

Damage taken (Azide) = 3 (Base) + 2 (Crit +2) - 3 (Mitigation) = 2

Damage taken (Young Sand Shark) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 5 (Skills) = 9

Azide HP: 25/28 (-2)(+1)

Young Sand Shark HP: 9/27 (-9)

Finally, he managed to reach the field of scattered crates and quickly began darting his eyes around wildly, attempting to take into account the position of every crate. "God, if I just had a little more time. I don't have much to work with here. I might as well just be going off of a wild guess, because this will be little more than that." It turns out, working with a rapidly approaching deadline did not constitute his ideal working conditions. His analysis of the situation was necessarily more rushed and hectic than he'd like it to be, but it turns out the presence of a damn Sand Shark waiting to erupt out from underneath you will do that. He took in a deep breath, then moved into position. "I've narrowed it down to a few spots, though I admit I'm making a bunch of assumptions here. Damn it."

Seemingly just moments afterward, he could both hear and feel the expected rumble of the earth coming from directly underneath him. "Perfect. Now with a bit of luck, this will all be over soon," thought Azide. His luck paid off. The young Sand Shark erupted from the sand, pushing up the lost cargo with its snout in the process, though that very same cargo was swallowed as the creature widened its mouth while emerging from the ground. It'd failed to swallow the player, however, with Azide having fully expected its arrival.

Seeing the cargo he'd been after being swallowed up just like that, Azide scrambled back to his feet and made an immediate dash over to the beast. As it came torpedoing towards him near the surface, he rolled out of the way, then sprang forward from behind and plunged his blade deep into the creature's body. It shattered into a million blue particles that all soon faded away. The cargo fell unceremoniously from its stomach and onto the ground, along with a decent sum of col and a bit of crafting material. He sent the latter two to his inventory, then looked at the pile of filled crates that now sat before him, placed his hand against the side of the container.

He sighed. "This has been a long and painful day." He looked up at the sky, where he could see just the faintest sign of a rising sun on the horizon. "Let's just get this over with," he thought, sending the cargo to his inventory. He began the long and unenviable task of journeying back to the woman herself. "And it looks like that long day's about to become two."

ID: 10840

CD: 6 (Safe)

BD: 3 (+3 Accuracy) = 6 (Hit)

MD: 6 (-2 Accuracy) = 4 (Miss)

LD: 14 (Loot found)

Damage taken (Young Sand Shark) = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 5 (Skills) = 9

Azide HP: 25/28

Young Sand Shark HP: 0/27 (-9) [Dead]

*1 material acquired (7 materials acquired, total).

**HP (27) * 5 = 135 col acquired (405 col acquired, total).