[PP-F2/F3] Painting the Blade (Daeron)

Setting Floor 2: The French Quarter (Niklaus' Shop)

The day had just begun, when Niklaus decided to work on his latest masterpiece. Wrenching the easel from its tightly fastened grip behind the wall of his display case, Nik setup the painter's station, as he called it, and dipped his brush in couple of the paints. Stroking the brush lightly across the canvas, he couldn't help but feel he had little inspiration on what to paint. While he considered himself a great or even magnificent painter, He had nothing to draw inspiration from.

Setting his brush down, he paced back in forth. Searching his mind for something that would make for a wonderful work of art. Nothing immediately came to mind. He exhausted himself thinking and thinking. Finally he decided he need to recollect his thoughts outside. Maybe something around Aincrad would inspire him.

Grabbing his keys, he locked the door to the shop and set out for floor 3. 

Relaxing like he normally did. Daeron had no intentions of doing anything today. He rested easy with his head laying in his hands which were turned so that the back of his hands were on the grass. With his eyes shut he had no sense of the outside reality. Daeron used to try and pretend to sleep to see if anyone is interested in sleep PK'ing him. But since he's given up trying to live a life of crime, he's actually found his life to be somewhat easier. To this day he has no access to the towns until he slays Repentance, but no worries for him, he will finish her soon and then the remainder of his life should hopefully fall easier.

Breathing lightly, he let out a sigh of boredom. Having nothing to do has bored him a lot lately. So finally, as he sat up, he saw a boar of the wilderness there. As it was a weak boar, he knew he could take it out with a single hit, but then there's no fun in it as almost nothing gives him loot anymore unless they are almost field boss material.

Quests serve nearly no purpose for him as they are all almost capable of being solo'd by him, which makes them boring as well. If only there was a way for him to live like he once did when he was weak and a low level. Some things he would do would change the way he lived in this game forever.

The bright flash quickly dissipated as Niklaus stepped out of the teleport gate. His current location seemed to be that of Delilah Village. The small countryside main settlement on the third floor. The NPC's of this town seemed to be elven in nature and as such gave the town a fairy tale type feel to it. While new to me this floor isn't particularly exciting, it's bland and carries few oddities. Not very inspiring to say the least.Strolling through the town, Niklaus noticed the lack of statues and monuments. This floor was very boring to him. Maybe the surrounding scenery has more to offer.He quickly headed for the gate leading to the areas just outside town.

As he approached the gate, he looked past its arch and was met with a bothersome sight. It's prairie. Literally nothing but prairie. Sighing, he continued on. Once outside the gate he crossed the fields in search of something to do in the meantime.  To his luck, or misfortune, he spotted a boar and proceeded to attack it.

Drawing his dagger, Nik rushed forward and flipped the grip on his blade so that the tip was facing outwards. Side-stepping the Boar's lunge, Klaus ran his dagger the length of the Boar's side. Doing critical damage, Niklaus laughed. "Ahh maybe even this floor is too easy for me. I am a Mikaelson after all." That sentence was short lived, however; as the Boar sent Nik careening into the field. He pushed himself up and through clenched teeth, he spoke. "You're going to wish you hadn't done that." Feeling the surge of health gloss over his body Niklaus' eyes grew wide as he sprinted for his next attack.

*Frenzy Boar has 7 HP and deals 2 damage.*

[11244] BD: 9 CRITICAL HIT CD: 7 MD: 8 HIT

~Niklaus~

12/13 (-2 + 1= -1)

~Frenzy Boar~

4/7 (-3)

Daeron sat about with nothing to do until he heard noises not too far away from him. When he looked in the direction of the noise, he saw the same boar he had moments ago, however now there was an unknown entitity standing there battling against the monster. Unsure of how strong this player his and if he'd live, Daeron stood up and drew his weapon. Running in on the monster, his weapon was whistling through the air as he picked up his accelerated speed.

Once near enough for the boar to be within hitting range, Daeron brought his weapon vertically upwards in a motion that allowed him to swing. Keeping only one hand on the actual weapon, he watched it as it cut through the monster with absolute ease. In a moments notice, Daeron had been hit by the boar, however because of his life steal on his weapon he was able to recover the health before it even disappeared. Upset that the monster was as weak as he thought it was, he put his weapon away after realizing the player wasn't much.

Turning his back to the player once the monster was gone now that he had taken his kill, he began pacing away in a standard fashion without a worry that he might get attacked just for taking a kill. After all it was just a frenzy boar in the end regardless of the kill he had just taken.

ID: 11414

Battle Dice: 9 [8 Damage Dealt, Heal 1 HP]

Crafting Dice: 5 [0 HP Healed]

Monster Dice: 9 [3 Damage - 5 Damage = 1 Minimum Damage Required]

Unknown Player (Niklaus): 12/13

Daeron: 78/78 [-1 + 1 = 0]

Frenzy Boar: 0/7 [-8]

Niklaus was just about to attack the boar once more, when all of a sudden a player came through and evaporated the Mob. This was no average player however. This player was a player killer, and I high leveled one at that. Niklaus stood dumbfounded at first. He was torn between pissed off and shocked that a player of that caliber had decided to kill a meaningless boar when he could've just attacked the player for more of a challenge. 

What's his deal? I mean honestly what kind of lowlife goes around stealing kills just for the heck of it? The interesting thing about this however is that he can actually get away with it. With his level and status, one would be an idiot to challenge him. He probably evokes fear with his name alone. Strangely, I want to be like him..

Turning to face the wandering player, Niklaus yelled out. "That was quite the kill there. However, I'm a tad irritated that you would still the kill from me. If you would do me the honor, what is your name?"

Daeron turned his head over his should as he was called out for his name. Grunting to himself, Daeron merely turned around. "The name's Daeron... The Insane Warrior, might I add. Recorded player killer... most notable kill was for kicking a player off Aincrad." he didn't bother sticking out his hand. However, Daeron had said this all as if he was proud of this even though deep down he wasn't. This is how he was used to saying things and no matter what, he probably wouldn't change it. "As for the kill? Not like it would have helped you at all. It's worthless. If you're looking for a fight then tag along with me. Was about to get a field boss out of this floor." he mentions as he sent the player a party invite.

Daeron knew that he needed more contacts for him to appear less hostile and more friendly. His player killer status typically pushed people away so it was rare for Daeron to get any sort of recognition in a good way anymore. After what had happened in the Floor 9 Boss Fight, he had felt guilty for getting the lives of 2 lost. He had no intentions of losing anyone.

"A notable player killer eh? Interesting. I suppose I shall tag along. Seeing as how if you wanted to kill me you would've attacked already." Accepting the invite, Niklaus kept a safe distance as he trailed the young man. "What kind of field boss are we talking here? As far as I know the creatures here are to weak for someone of your level Daeron." Niklaus didn't want to make this little adventure awkward but at the same time he wondered why a player of his level chose to hang on floors as low as this one. Is this even a challenge for someone like him? I doubt it. But eh, I may get something cool out of this and if nothing else I could gain a powerful ally...

Daeron began walking. His feet had been standing on patches of grass for a while now and still, they moved along the green runway that he was beginning to create behind him. Daeron lacked his heavy gear at the moment however, it mattered not as he had enough HP in order to endure a boss himself almost, or so he hoped with the upcoming Floor 10 boss fight. Daeron cleared his throat when he was asked about what kind of boss they were going to fight and to comment on what he had just said about him.

"No you're right. Nothing is a TRUE challenge for me anymore. However, that's why I go field boss hunting. As they respawn every so often sometimes, they are somewhat difficult or at least tougher than the normal mobs. I once slew a boss on floor 1 that nearly killed me, so it's not depending on the floor. As for what kind of boss we will be fighting? Well, we'll just just have to see now once we get there huh? I know the location, I just don't know what to expect there." he said as he continued walking.

Not too much longer after walking they arrive at an opening in a mountain nearby. The cave was dark, but torches were lit along the side of it, showing that it was a commonly followed path to get through the mountain range. Having been walking for about forty-five minutes to an hour at this point, he wanted to see this boss for himself. Shortly after that however, he heard a rumble nearby.

"We must be getting close." he said as he grazed his hand against the siding of the cave. Suddenly, a pathway opened up when he had accidentally pushed a button in the mountain wall. Entering through it, he saw the monster they were ready to fight at any moment. "I hope you have your equipment on, because these fights can be tough sometimes." he said as a side note, mostly to warn the player.

The monster stood about eight feet tall. It had two horns that came out of it's head like a centaur, however, it's body was muscular and made of stone, possibly the same the cave was made out of. The figure before it was male, definitely almost like a humanoid figure, except for the horns. On it's side was a chest, where it must be guarding some possible loot inside of it. It drew it's weapon and equipped it's shield, and that's when two health bars appeared next to the figure's head. Above it's head stood the title, <<Statue of the Lost Warrior>>. Daeron eyed it up and down, only to see that it looked pretty solid. He knew the stats luckily too.

Battle Engaged

<<Statue of the Lost Warrior>>

HP: 150

Damage: 7

Daeron didn't bother charging in to fight the monster yet. In fact, all he did was let out an angry howl, making sure that the boss targeted him as he would be tanking this fight. "Be careful, it can wipe you out, but I'll be sure to attract enough aggro so that you aren't in harm's way." he said as he prepared himself for the onslaught of the monster.

Daeron: 80/80 HP [3 Hate]

Niklaus: 15/15 HP

Statue: 150/150 HP

Niklaus continued to trail the warrior as he engaged him in conversation. The reply he received was more informative than anything else. Trudging along the player created path, Niklaus responded. "So field bosses ignore regular game mechanics I see. Interesting. On top of that they even have spawn locations. Goon information to have." Nik followed Daeron for roughly forty five minutes. They walked through fields longer than ever that only seemed to lead to one place. A mountain.

The mountain looked no different than any other mountain. Be it real life or Sao. Nik took note of how the mouth of the entrance seemed to be well traversed and even more so, an important path in the game. This was confirmed as they entered the cave to see torches line the walls and faint tracks embedded into the dirt. Daeron spoke once more, reminding Niklaus of the danger they were approaching. Heeding his warning, Nik double-checked make his equipment was good to go before continuing on.

"Oh my RNGesus is that what we're fighting?!" Was all Niklaus could say once the enormous horned figure came into view. Putting on his brave face, Niklaus changed into a more serious version of himself. "A dagger and master swordsman against a statue warrior. How'd the statue get so unlucky?" Klaus watched as Daeron howled out the Mob to gain its attention. He mentioned how he'd try to keep Niklaus safe to the best of his abilities seeing as how he was the tank of the duo. Nik simply nodded before swiftly bounding towards the towering enemy.

Jumping forwards, Nik quickly stabbed at the stone enemy, leaving a red digital stab mark across its cheek. Nik quickly backed away before the thing could retaliate. "Man my damage output is weak. Nonetheless my Bleed effect activated. It's your move Daeron."

[iD: 12521] BD: 9 CD: 8

H3 Daeron: 80/80 HP

H2 Niklaus: 15/15 HP (Bleed Activated. Next two turns deal +2 Damage.)

Damage Taken (Statue) = 1 Base + 1 Weapon + 1 Skill + 1 Critical = 4 Damage

Statue: 146/150 HP (-4) (Bleed 0/2 @Niklaus)

(Please update your gear as Life Steal is no longer a function of this forum. As soon as you can, re-evaluate your gear to get it re-approved. -GM Daeron)

{Statue} [iD: 12533] BD: 7

The statue had raised it's head only to find two players standing there. One hadn't come in to attack as instead it howled into the cave system, echoing into the monster's ears. This furiated the monster, as it hated loud noises. The growl of the statue turned into a roar and it charged forward at the player that had just howled, rather than attacking the player right next to it, who did some damage.

The player had been braced for the attack however. Although the blonde haired player had no heavy armor on, he seemed almost unfazed by the charged attack, instead, he recovered quickly. In the meantime however, the bleeding effect from the other player, had taken part of it's toll on the monster.

Damage: 7 - 5 = 2

{Daeron} [iD: 12534] BD: 6 + 2 = 8 CD: 9

Daeron hardly even winced when the monster came to charge at him, as he had been fully prepared for that. Instead, he braced himself for the hit, which when it came, did close to no damage to him. Instead, Daeron retaliated quickly and he swung his weapon dealing some significant damage to the monster, who had literally just charged him with all efforts. "Quickly, strike it from behind, I've got the full aggro now, so you're good to go for free hits on it." Daeron said as he put a smirk on his blonde-headed face.

Damage: 8

H3 Daeron: 78/80 HP (-2)

H2 Niklaus: 15/15 HP (Bleed Activated. Next one turn deals +2 Damage.)

Statue: 136/150 HP (Bleed 1/2 @Niklaus) (-8)

(Will do. When it gets re eval'd can i use it in this thread or do I need to wait until after?)

Niklaus was sure the the solid statue would come after him in retaliation to his earlier effort. However, he was surprised when the Mob decided to strike Daeron instead. He need not worry though, as Daeron simply brushed the attack off and attacked the creature.He dealt four times as much damage as was dealt to him. Now that's real power. I want to obtain that power.

Nik's thoughts were cut short when Daeron shouted something at him. The comment had something to do with aggro and attacking with free hits. Not really hearing him over the sound of the hulking Mob, Nik just decided to start another attack. Darting about so that he was nearly behind the creature, Klaus rushed full speed and leaped towards it'd lower back. Dragging his blade along the Mob's back, Nik quickly backed away before nodding for Daeron to make his move. "All yours mate."

[12669] BD: 8 CD: 6

H3 Daeron: 80/80 HP

H2 Niklaus: 15/15 HP (Bleed Activated.)

Damage Taken (Statue) = 1 Base + 1 Weapon + 1 Skill + 2 Bleed= 5 Damage

Statue: 141/150 HP (-5) (Bleed 0/2 @Niklaus)