[SP-F6] - <Gemini>

Stepping out into the open Teayre looks around, it was the first time she had left the first floor looking around her eyes drinking in the wood huts and tents around her. The few NPCs she did see were all female.

Bringing up her menu, she found the information page on the Amazon village stating that it was an all womans village and there were no male NPCs.

"That's strange, but it's oddly appropriate in the settings."

Looking through her menu the skills option was flashing, bringing it up she found she had accumulated enough skill points to upgrade her curved sword skill, quickly doing so and tapping away at the few blue circles that came up, she let out a small chuckle.

"One step closer to that Katana."

After wandering the town for a bit and getting her bearings Teayre heads out towards the jungle, watching out for various creatures, she kept checking her menu to remind her that she wasn't quite the level she should be for wandering around solo on this floor.

"It's very dense, and very eerie here I wonder what's going to happen..."

Hearing a screech behind her she spins, seeing nothing another screech happens directly over head.

"W-what's going on?"

Her heading turning this way and that trying to locate the source of the screeches, suddenly there was a loud thump in front of her. Slowly she looked up, grey padded hands and feet, black fur. She meet the creatures eyes they were as red as blood.

"So you were the cause eh?"

Drawing her blade she darts forward bringing her sword up, she ducks under the arm of the huge creature going to slash along it's hid section she feels something tear, as she looks around her she notices the creature had vanished.

"W-what is my mind playing tricks on me? It must be this jungle."

Silence came back over as she sheathed her sword wandering further and further into the jungle.

ID:11472

BD: 6 (5 + 1 ACC)

MD: 4

Stepping over a moss strewn log, Teayre wipes her damp hand on her dress.

"I'm sorry Cal, I'm going have to not wear this for a few days now..."

Hearing a humming Teayre stopped, her eyes wide. It was her song, her song was being hummed.

"That's my song, who else would know my song?"

Moving slowly over to the Teayre sees a silhouette moving underneath a waterfall. Occasional breaks could be seen in the waterfall as the figure moved closer to it and then away again. Teayre's mouth dropped as the shadow moved in a familiar pattern.

"T-that's that's a kata... Could that figure be wielding... no it can't be."

The humming now stronger than ever was clearly coming from the dancing figure.

"I wonder who that is..."

Making her way over to the waterfall Teayre sat on a rock outside of it.

"Ohaio! Who's in there? Your form is amazing."

The humming stopped and was replaced by a sweet higher pitched voice, "Ohaio, I thank you for your compliment, say you wouldn't know a thing or two about one of the reverse moves would you I'm having a little trouble perfecting it."

Cocking her head slightly Teayre gazed at the waterfall from her perch. "Can you show me what you're doing I won't be able to help you otherwise, that beig said I'm not sure if I could be of much help at the moment."

The shadow began to contort growing larger momentarily before shrinking back down to its original size. "Sure I'll show you what I'm doing"

The blade pointing in front of the shadow, it span it to the left stepping with its right foot executing a slash from what appeared to be a left knee upwards bringing the image of the blade in parallel with the right shoulder of the silhouette, its hair spread out breifly before falling flat again. Proceeding to slide its left foot back to align with the right, the blade pointing down at the flick of the wrist swiftly was brought turned into an upwards slash behind the figure stopping at a forty-five degree angle to the horizontal pointing upwards. Flicking the blade to its right, the tip cutting the waterfall an image of a brunette hair in a half ponytail was visible for but a moment.

"You're very good, there isn's much for you to improve on, except try to bring the blade straight through before pointing it downwards." Teayre kicked her feet gently against the rock, letting out a giggle. "You know my sensei would flay me for trying to teach someone, I've not perfected the technique myself I still have to.... Say what's your name, I'm Teayre."

As Teayre requested the name of the figure, she was suddenly whisked upwards. Finding herself in caught in a web of one of the rumoured jungle spiders she squirms as it bites her.

“Argh! Spiders!â€

Squirming to break free of the web she finds herself stuck even more.

Slowly it began to approach her hissing, feeling its prey squirm in its web.

ID: 11543

BD: 4 (3 + 1ACC)

MD: 7

HP
Teayre: 12/13

Spider: 18/18

Managing to manoeuvre her sword to nick the web and free herself Teayre, leaps falls onto a branch just below her, the spider following, spraying venom towards her, manage to block most of it with her sword Teayre dashes forwards, her blade like lightning nicking several parts of the spider before removing one of its front legs.

Jumping backwards Teayre brings her guard close, listening carefully in case of any other unwanted intruders.

“Cal, I’ll see you tonight, I swear!â€

D:  11541

BD 11 (10+1ACC)

MD 7

HP
Teayre: 11/13

Spider: 13/18

The beast hadn’t finished it’s assault yet moving nimbly it lunges succeeding in biting Teayre again, she drops off the branch, using her blade she manages to slow herself down and lands at the base of the tree, in a different clearing to the one she was in previously. Looking up she sees the bug following her gathering her strength she thrusts as the spider lands on the ground, causing red shards to fly out from the point of contact.

"That was a close one"

Wiping her brow she, she glances around again.

"I -hate- spiders so much."

ID:11545

BD: 6(5+1ACC)

MD: 6

HP
Teayre: 10/13

Spider: 10/18

The beast hissing at Teayre as she deals more damage to the spider, before scurrying up into the trees where it begins to spit it’s venom down towards her. Moving as quickly as she can she takes cover behind a tree, a burning sensation catches her left arm, quickly she scrapes the patch burning with her falchion causing a small screech in pain. She glances up and see the spider nestled in the tree branches carefully she begins to hit the tree gently, imitating a struggling animal. The spider slowly begins to crawl towards Teayre. Breathing slowly, keeping her imitation up she, leaps from behind the trunk of the tree striking out. Catching the spider across one of its eyes, she runs past it waiting.

ID:11546
BD:6 (5+1ACC)

MD:8

HP
Teayre: 9/13

Spider: 7/18

The spider reeling from Teayre’s last attack, begins to let out a low hiss. Raising its front legs it fires some more venom towards Teayre. She manages to deftly dodge the venom before running towards the best, her Falchion at her side. As she dives in the spider manages to get run it’s fangs along the back of her neck. With a flick of her wrist the Falchion scores along the centre line of the beast.

“Huh, This seems a bit too easy.â€

She looks around not noticing any other thing joining them she prepares herself for the next strike.

ID:11548

BD:6 (5+1ACC)

MD: 5

HP
Teayre: 8/13

Spider: 4/18

The spider charges towards Teayre, throwing a leg her, a thrust with its fangs there trying to find any opening in her defence. Her sword nothing but a blur as she kept up with the spider. A beads of sweat forming on her forehead, slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"Is... this the best you have got you insolent whelp?"

Slowly her cheeks became flushed, her eyes wide as she sees a movement in the trees behind the spider.

ID: 11550

BD:3 (2+1ACC)
MD: 2

The exchange keeping up for several minutes, slowly the spider's movements seemed to slow down as if it was fatigued. Seizing the opportunity she jumped back out of range of the spider, darting behind a tree as several blasts of venom came her way.

Her breathing shallow, Teayre glanced behind her to see the spider was walking towards her, slowly it's legs raised ready to pounce. Diving underneath some roots, she found herself trapped. as the spider closed in on her, she found it couldn't reach her where she was. A sigh of relief waved through as she summoned her menu, checking her friends list she saw that Calrex was still alive.

"That's good, now time to deal with this thing and get out of here, I should probably head back to the town and get a couple of health potions..."

ID: 11555

BD: 3 (2 + 1 ACC)

MD: 1

The spider kept scurrying in trying to remove the dirt to get at Teayre, slinking round the back she manages to slip out running halfway across the clearing before having to dodge the blasts of venom that the spider threw at her.

"Damn it, I can't find a decent opening."

Running towards a tree she climbs into some of the lower branches, watching her for carefully she begins to run along the a branch towards it.

The spider seeing its prey climb into the tree lets out a hiss before focusing its venom at the base of the tree trying to knock it over.

ID:11586
BD: 1
MD: 1

The tree began to collapse as Teayre leaped off it, somersaulting in mid air she aims her sword point down. Grasping the hilt with two hands she lands on top of the beast, her blade going through the arachnid's abdomen. Jumping off of it she swings her blade wide shaking off any debris before beginning to shield herself from the spiders frenzied onslaught. It seemed to want her blood no matter what. Sighing she drew her blade close, before swiftly stepping back attempting to put some distance between herself and the spider. Following closely the spider was determined to avenge its leg and its eye, it wanted this tasty morsel.

ID:11587

BD: 6(5+1 ACC)

MD:5

Spider: 1/18

She noticed a small opening in the spiders onslaught, moving her blade she parried a thrust from it before stepping in pressing the assault. Nicking the spider here and there she finally managed to work her way underneath the fangs, a quick final thrust allowed her to slice the head in two, as it she was doing so, it made it's final attack its fang seeking out her shoulder a bite struck true and deep, causing Teayre to sink to her knees.

"Argh!"

Let out a cry of pain, Teayre's eyes began to water, her hand going straight to where the bite was made as the spider burst into crystals.

"Right, lets make my way back to town sharpish."

Making it back the the town without any further incidents, Teayre tries to locate an alchemists shop.

ID: 11588

BD: 9 (8+ 1 ACC)

MD: 9

LD: 17

LOOT:

Jungle Silk (Material)

85Col - 17LD*5

Teayre: 6/13

Spider: -3/18

Not being able to find one on the sixth floor, Teayre portals to the first floor and finds Catfish Sundries General Store, speaking to Baldur she procures herself a single healing potion for the cost of 400 col (see shop thread for transaction) after departing the store she heads back up to the sixth floor. Checking the time she notices that it has become quite late. Finding a spot in the town, she burrows down for the night Beleram curled up on her head.

Sleeping fitfully she dreams of her past, all the horrors that have happened to her. Finally she tosses and turns and sees Calrex's face covered in blood, just before she wakes up screaming.

A hooded figure came running over to aid Teayre, offering her its hand it pulls her into a hug, stroking her hair soothing her. Pushing them away Teayre jumps back. Her hand on the hilt of her blade.

"You're not Cal. Who are you and what have you done to him?"

"You're right, I'm not Calrex I am a friend though. What do you say to a little friendly duel to make things interesting Teayre?"

Watching the figure bring up a menu, a duel request is sent through. Accepting the duel Teayre draws her blade, she watches as the figure draws a longsword, seeing a malevolent grin under the cloak she jumps back. Steeling herself as she accepts the duel.

"I hope you're ready for this, I don't plan on going easy on you."

"Ha! This'll be over in a heartbeat just you wait!"

As the duel countdown began the pair waited in a subdued silence, watching each other, sizing each other up.

• 2 weeks later...

FIGHT!

As the countdown finished Teayre dashed forwards her blade singing, unfortunately as their blades clashed it the force of the blow sent both of them back the clang echoing throughout the early morning dusk.

"You're... You're strong, this'll definitely be fun."

"Oh... It's going to be more fun than you think Teayre... I'm going to cut you, hurt you and bleed you... You see Calrex -will- be mine, I want him more than anything and I won't let you have him."

The hooded figure whips off their mask revealing a figure that looks exactly like Teayre in her red dress, the only difference being is that she wields a different weapon to her, a plain curved blade instead of Teayre's slightly more ornate one. Spitting at Teayre this doppelgänger lets out a laugh. "Prepare yourself teardrop, Calrex will be mine."

Wiping her mouth, her eyes narrow at Calrex's name she jumps up dashing forwards keeping her blade low she brings it up, the imposter was ready deftly blocking the blow their blades locked they push against each other until twitches her wrist her blade slipping past the guard cutting the upper torso of her opponent. At the same time her opponents blade sinks into her leg both of them jump back breathing heavily.

ID:12926

BD: 10 Natural

MD: 10 Natural

Gemini: 8/13

"C-Calrex? Y-you'll have him?"

Lowering her head she looks at the copycat in front of her as if she was looking at her over a pair of glasses, shifting her sword to her left hand she twirls it around. Before pushing off on her left foot, her right foot hitting the ground she pushed off again.

"CALREX? YOU'LL NEVER HAVE HIM!"

Her blade spinning above her head she cuts down,  striking the creatures arm. Spinning around she raises her sword to block the attack coming in, but not quick enough. Her mirror image had struck along her arm causing the tell tale red polygons to form and dissipate from there.

"You really think you can stop me from getting him? You don't stand a chance, don't fool yourself girl. I could kill you with my eyes closed." Shutting it's eyes the creature walked away from Teayre letting out a slight hmph. "Oh and my names Gemini if you'd be so kind to tell 'Callie' that before you die."

ID:12927

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

MD: 8

Teayre: 5/13

Gemini: 5/13

Teayre stands up, tilting her head to one side she laughs maniacally.

"You? Take Calrex away from me? I'd like to see you try I bet you don't know who he really is, I reckon you're just a cheap imposter. I know you won't be able to beat me with your eyes closed so wake up Gemini."

Her blade twirling between her hands Teayre follows Gemini, striking down across her back when she got close enough leaping backwards she continues to twirl her blade in her hands swapping it from hand to hand spinning this way and that causing a simple blur of motion. Her laughter continuing the whole time she's doing this, stepping around she spins on the spot her head cast back.

"You can't keep up Gemini, you can't beat the original, you can't have Calrex, why? You're just a part of me nothing more nothing less. There's more to me than you, there's a deeper me... Now understand this Gemini... For belittling Calrex and besmirching his name, you know what I sentence you to?"

Gemini let's out a gasp of pain after being struck from behind.

"You cow, I'll get-"

Interrupted midsentence, she slowly turns glowering at Teayre.

"Sentence me, you can't sentence me to anything you dumb girl."

ID:12928

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

MD: 3

Gemini: 2/13

"Oh you  silly girl Gemini, you don't understand at all do you?"

Slowly Teayre takes a step forward her laughter echoing all around the town.

"Calrex -is- mine."

Another step forward, she lowers her blade to her right hand it scraping along the floor.

"-No- -ones- -but- -mine- Okay?"

Another step forward and she was next to Gemini, smiling at her she cocks her head her eyes lighting up as she says the last word of her question, each word emphasised beyond recognition.

"No... NO! He is mine, I'll take him I'll kill you and take him Teayre, I won't let you have him!"

Gemini brought her blade around in an arc trying to strike Teayre from above, Teayre batting Gemini's feeble strike away lets out another one of her ear piercing laughs.

"You know I thought I told you, I sentence you but I forgot the last word Gemini, and you know what it was?"

Gemini not waiting began to send a barrage of strikes at Teayre, each one easily deflected her last strike she gathered all her strength and put her weight behind her attack using both hands on the hilt Teayre flicks her wrist and strikes the copy across the wrists, severing both of them. Gemini sinking to her knees begins to sob uncontrollably, as her opponent drops to one knee beside her. Teayre placing one hand on Gemini's cheek pats it gently before moving her hand to the shoulder.

"So what am I sentencing you to Gemini?"

"I... I don't know."

Leaning in Teayre whispers in Gemini's ear, as she thrusts her sword deep through the heart of her body.

"Death."

ID:12929

BD: 7(6+1ACC)

MD: 4

LD: 9

Gemini: -1/13