[SP-F10] (Complete) Arc 1- Descent Into Chaos

"Teleport: Yomi."  These were the last words spoken by Oikawa as he and King were whisked away to the tenth floor. In the small amount of time that it took for him to arrive on the newest floor available to the players, Oikawa had a lot of things on his mind. I've never adventured onto a new floor before. When I arrived all the levels available had already been cleared. This is a chance for me to be one of the first players on floor ten. I wonder what the are will be like. The monsters as well. I know they'll be tough as due to game coding they will have quite a bit of health an strength. Will I see the front liners here? Will I seen anyone I know here...

The area around him was suddenly dark. Apart from a few lanterns here and there, this floor as a whole was total darkness. Oikawa could see maybe 10 feet in front of him at best. I should've invested in night vision... Looking around, he searched for any signs of his companion, King. "King! Where are you?"

With the darkness not allowing much visibility, he relied on the sound of King's roars to find him. Luckily his companion was smarter than he was adorable, as Oikawa found him near a lantern. Using the light, he observed the floor with more detail. It seems they were underground. An enormous cavern of sorts. As he looked about, it suddenly seemed as if more lanterns appeared out of nowhere; illuminating the whole town.

Every building seemed to now be adorned with lanterns, and even a few figures seemed to slowly shuffle about the town. There was something odd about these denizens of the town. They perhaps moved too slow. Rather they dragged about instead of walked. King must've noticed this as well, as his eyes glowed, ready to take on these not so human people. 

"King! Sit!" The leopard cub looked at him briefly, before calming down an sitting. Oikawa looked at the shufflers, as he would call them, and realized that hey weren't hostile. They were in fact NPCs of the town. Albeit extremely slow moving, they carried out every day tasks just like the NPCs on other floors. Watching a bit more closely he could point out that all the NPCs seemed to wear Japanese-styled clothing and the city as a whole seemed to be modeled after a place in Japan from long ago. This rendition however, looks like it tangoed with the Plague and lost it's footing. Hmm I wonder how it used to look...

Yomi. The name of the town finally rang a bell in Oikawa's head. Yomi means underworld. That makes since giving the NPCs and state of this floor. The decay, the smell of death. All of it. I suppose I can start trying to map this floor out. As far as I know few have actually explored this floor. Though I hear they have found the Boss Dungeon already. And Mari seemed to have found Tartarus. There is also a rumor of a blood river by the name of Stygian. I wonder what lies beneath its waters.

(OOC: Stygian will be found if I roll a LD of 17+. Regular materials will still be found on 15+.)

Resolving his thoughts, Oikawa gestured for King to follow him. Heading towards the illuminated gates, the duo walked right out. What they weren't prepared for however was the massive dragon that guarded the gate. Although it wasn't decaying or dead like the rest of the things on this floor, it might as well have been with how its scales seemed to stretch across its reptilian structure. I wonder if it's hostile. better not test my luck. Picking King up, Oikawa quickly made himself scarce, as he passed by the Guardian Dragon.

Once out of the dragon's sight, Oikawa realized that everything else was out of his sight. A sheet of darkness enveloped the surrounding area. "Well King looks like we're gonna be here awhile."

[11273] LD: 14 (15 - 1) (Nothing found)

The ever expanding cavern of darkness seemed endless. The two continued down there imaginary path. Oikawa could here faint sounds around him. I wonder if were even close to the direction of the river. Oikawa suddenly stopped in his tracks when he heard a faint..

*Snap*

Kings ears perked up and his eyes began to glow. Something has King spooked. I wonder what it is... He didn't have to wait long, as suddenly a rusted katana nearly sliced off the bridge of his nose. Stepping back Oikawa, sat King on his head and told him "Hold on!" Unsheathing his rapier and activating his shield, Oikawa prepared for battle. Quickly deflecting a slash from the decayed samurai using his shield, Oikawa jabbed forcefully at the Samurai's chest. Connecting, the undead flew back as it took the hit.

ID: 11275
BD: 10 (10 + 2 - 1)(Hit) (Bleed activated +2 Damage for next 2 turns. [2/2])

CD: 10 (11 - 1) (+1 HP)
MD: 4 (6 - 2)(Miss) (Thorns activated +2 Damage)

Damage taken (Undead Samurai) = 1 Base + 2 Weapon + 3 Skills + 2 Thorns = 8 Damage

Oikawa HP: 26/26 (+1)
Undead Samurai HP: 12/20 (-8) BLD [2/2]

A red blood drop appeared under the status of the samurai as it stood up. Nice I inflicted the bleed effect on it. Looking up he noticed King's eyes were glowing as well. Seems his thorns trait also kicked in. This samurai doesn't stand a chance then. Dashing towards the warrior, Oikawa clashed with it. There blades meeting and creating sparks. The went back and forth until the Samurai snuck in a slash right across Oikawa's shoulder. Shaking it off, Oikawa blocked the next three swipes with his shield. Seeing an opening, he thrusted. Again connecting on the jab, he sent his blade right through the leg of the undead.

Looking to make sure King was still perched on his head, Oikawa was satisfied to see the little grey leopard there intently watching the battle.

ID: 11277

BD: 6 (4 + 3 - 1)(Hit)

CD: 11 (12 - 1) (+1 HP)
MD: 8 (10 - 2)(Hit)

Damage taken (Undead Samurai) = 1 Base + 2 Weapon + 3 Skills + 2 Bleed = 8 Damage

Damage taken (Oikawa) = 5 Base + 2 Super Critical - 3 Mitigation = 4 Damage

Oikawa HP: 23/26 (-4)(+1)
Undead Samurai HP: 4/20 (-8) BLD [1/2]

The samurai roared with pain. Tossing it's katana aside, it drew to sai like weapons from its belt and staggered towards Oikawa. Oikawa blocked and dodged the Samurai's wild swings and slashes. He thrusted with his rapier and tried to force it right through the Mob's skull. He missed and as a result fell forward. The samurai turned and raised its twin sais and swung downwards. King quickly jumped back and stared at the creature. His sapphire eyes glowed once more as a faint blue thorned stick impaled the Mob. The samurai dropped one sai, which managed to lodge itself into Oikawa's back inflicting some minute damage, as the "thorn" pierced it's chest.

This, coupled with the bleed effect, was just enough to cause the samurai to explode. Dusting himself off, Oikawa looked down at King and smirked. "Saved my butt there didn't ya?" The leopard purred and walked towards the dropped orb. Walking to the orb and the cub, Oikawa couldn't help but smile. He added the loot to his inventory and continued his search for the blood river.

ID: 11280

BD: 5 (3 + 3 - 1)(Miss)

CD: 4 (5 - 1)

LD: 12 (13 -1)
MD: 6 (8 - 2)(Hit) (Thorns activated +2 Damage)

Damage taken (Undead Samurai) = 2 Thorns + 2 Bleed = 4 Damage

Damage taken (Oikawa) = 5 Base - 3 Mitigation = 2 Damage

Oikawa HP: 21/26 (-2)
Undead Samurai HP: 0/20 (-4) 
DEAD

[Oikawa- The Faint received 1 material and 100 Col]

[11284] LD: 8 (9 - 1) (Nothing Found)

The darkness didn't seem to get any brighter as they traversed the underground of a floor. Definitely should have invested in Night Vision. Shaking his head, he could slightly make out the lines of trees. Where there's trees, there's water. Dashing towards the supposed tree line, Oikawa and King ran ever deeper into the darkness.

[11285] LD: 10 (11 - 1) (Nothing Found)

The forest shortly came into his limited sight. Brushing and pushing past the foliage, Oikawa placed King back on he head as they continued on. Noises left and a right crept through the air waves. Well we have to be getting close. I've traveled south from Yomi and drifted eastward since my encounter with the samurai. If that's the case, and the river is near here, that would make the river southeast of the settlement of Yomi.

"Doing alright up their King?" Oikawa could feel the soft hum of the leopard purring in response. I'll take that as a yes for now then.

[11290] LD: 10 (11 - 1) (Nothing Found)

The darkened forest seemed just as endless as the cavern. The duo continued heading east. It seemed the farther they went the mushier the ground became. That's a good sign, the more moist the ground is, the more water enriched it is. That or something took a leak all over this area. Oikawa shuddered at the thought and marched on. He could feel King growing restless perched on his head.

"Don't worry King. We will find this stupid river soon enough." Honestly how hard is it to find a stinkin' blood like river?

[11298] LD: 11 (12 - 1) (Nothing Found)

Their search continued on. Either this river doesn't exist or it is the best ever at hide and go seek. Shaking his head, he continued to follow the darkened path that seemed to naturally cut through the forest. A low growl came from King as they neared the sound of running water. *SNAP* King let loose a louder growl as a shadowy figure flashed pass the two. "What the heck was that. King do you see anything." The blue-eyed leopard purred and rubbed his head horizontally across Oikawa's head signifying a no. "Well keep an ear out. Lets finish finding the wretched river."

[11471] LD: 3 (4 - 1) (Nothing Found)

The sound of water grew ever closer, yet the river still seemed to be out of sight.This is getting borderline ridiculous. Maybe we should try again after we get Night Vision. That might prove to be easier. Turning around, Oikawa headed back towards the settlement of Yomi. "Sorry for dragging you way out here King. I figured we would've found the river by now. But I guess not."

[11473] LD: 6 (7 - 1) (Nothing Found)

The walk back wasn't any easier than the walk there. The eerie silence and void of darkness would be enough to drive just about anyone insane. luckily Oikawa had his companion King to accompany him on this failure of a trip. As the passed familiar shades of scenery, a flickering shadow dance past Oikawa's line of sight once more. "Alright! I'm not playing this game. Show yourself."

The shadowy figure emerged from the darkened forestry. "Whyyyyyyy are youuuuu snooooping around thiiiisss areaaaaaaa. Thiiiiisssss isss myyyy domaaaaiiinnn."  Oikawa and King collectively eyed the hooded figure. "Your slurred speech inclines me to wonder if your a drunken player or a drunken enemy. Either way your drunk to me." Drawing his blade and activating his shield, Oikawa spoke once more. "I assume my companion and I's presence is unwanted. Leave us be or be expelled like the rest of the Mobs on this floor."

The hooded figure brandished a claymore, as he circled the player and his leopard. "I guuuueeeesss I'llll juuust hhhavvvee tooo killl youuu then." The <<Stygian Protector>> rushed Oikawa. The protector swung his large two-handed sword. It clanged off Oikawa's shield as he deflected the blow. "I hope you're better than that."  Quickly, Oikawa lunged, sinking his rapier right into the protector's chest. Removing his blade, he set his shield high, expecting a retaliation.

ID: 11476

BD: 10 (9 + 3 - 1)(Hit) (Bleed activated. +2 Damage for next 2 Turns)

CD: 3 (4 - 1)

MD: 1 (1 - 2)(Miss)

Damage taken (Undead Samurai) = 1 Base + 2 Weapon + 3 Skills + 1 Critical = 7 Damage

Damage taken (Oikawa) = 0

Oikawa HP: 26/26 (-0)
Stygian Protector HP: 13/20 (-7) (BLD [2/2])

The combatants clashed furiously. Metal bounced of one another as shield met sword and steel clashed with steel. Oikawa huffed heavily as he deflected yet another serious blow from the claymore wielding enemy. He jabbed a few times, counter attacking when he felt his opponent couldn't block, but was surprised to see the player mob keep up. "Hmph. You are better than I thought." The enemy just grunted as he swung once more. Oikawa would've been cleaved easily on this blow had it not been for King's involvement. Seeing the familiar blue "thorn" piercing the protectors chest, Oikawa breathed a sigh of relief as the <<Stygian Protector>> staggered back.

"Thanks for the save King. I don't know what I would do without you."

ID: 11477

BD: 3 (1 + 3 - 1)(Miss)

CD: 4 (5 - 1)

MD: 4 (6 - 2)(Miss) (Thorns activated. + 2 damage)

Damage taken (Undead Samurai) = 2 Bleed + 2 Thorns = 4 Damage

Stygian Protector HP: 9/20 (-4) (BLD [1/2])

The protector grew angry. Slashing quickly and furiously at the player. It's angry now and now its attack pattern is predictable. Lets end this. Oikawa side stepped various blows. Dodging and blocking everything the opponent through at him. Cocking his arm back, Oikawa let loose a rapid succession of blows. Decimating the opponent's HP bar quickly. left with a sliver of health, the protector could only hope that he landed a few blows and evaded everything sent his way.

ID: 11478

BD: 6 (4 + 3 - 1)(Hit)

CD: 3 (4 - 1)

MD: 1 (1 - 2)(Miss)

Damage taken (Undead Samurai) = 1 Base + 2 Weapon + 3 Skill + 2 Bleed = 8 Damage

Stygian Protector HP: 1/20 (-8) 

On his last legs, the <<Stygian Protector>> fainted a high swing. Oikawa instinctively raised his shield to block the blow only to feel the sharp pain of stab as the claymore punctured his armor. Rather than staggering or stumbling, Oikawa took the initiative of the close engagement and slammed his rapier right into the player mobs gut. "Well fought, however, this battle has come to an end and in my favor." 

The protector simply smirked and replied "We-elll fou-g-gghtt youung pla-a-aayyerr. Tttaakke-e th-i-iss." Holding up a info orb, the Mob slowly dissipated into blue polygons. Oikawa collected the Loot orb and Information Orb. Scanning the newly acquired information, Oikawa was now aware of the location of the river. "King you won't believe this. If we had just traveled a little more south, we would've ran right into the freaking river." Rolling his eyes, he continued back to Yomi.

ID: 11480

BD: 10 (9 + 3 - 1)(Hit)

CD: 0 (1 - 1)

LD: 1 (2 - 1)

MD: 8 (10 - 2)(Hit)

Damage taken (Undead Samurai) = 1 Base + 2 Weapon + 3 Skill = 6 Damage

Damage taken (Oikawa) = 5 Base + 2 Hyper Critical - 3 Mitigation = 4 Damage

Oikawa HP: 22/26 (-4)
Stygian Protector HP: 0/20 (-6) DEAD

[Oikawa received 1 material]

[11481] LD: 10 (11 - 1) (Nothing Found)

The walk back was as boring as ever. Having no inherent goal aside from getting back, the two adventurers had nothing to do. "You did great today King. You prove to me every day just how effective of a friend you are." The leopard just purred and nestled tighter against Oikawa. Finally making it out of the thicket, the view of the guardian dragon and the settlement inched its way into Oikawa's line of sight. "Almost home King. Almost home."

[11483] LD: 0 (1 - 1) (Nothing Found)

Something caught Oikawa's eye as he neared the gate. Inspecting the metallic looking plant, it quickly dissolved in his hand. I wonder what kind of plant that is. I wonder if it is craft-able? Hmm. Aincrad is just full of surprises. Quickly ducking past the dragon, Oikawa walked towards the town center. He made sure to avoid all the citizens as he approached the teleport gate. "We'll be back soon enough King. Next time I'll find out what's lurking in that river." King roars his approval as the stepped on the gate.

"Teleport: Starting City"