[SP - F10] Familiar surroundings<<EaL-resupply>>

"Hey wanna check the latest floor?" That question, that appeared to be totally random and unexpected, was asked by the blond shopkeeper/owner that was getting bored behind the counter of her tailor shop. Recently she finished all the remaining orders, and almost delivered them all. Outside there was something like a snowstorm, since she relocated her shop outside Snowfrost Village there were plenty of those. Luckily this new place seemed well built, at least enough that she couldn't hear any creaks from the wooden parts. 

All she received as a response was a annoyed growl from a certain lazy lion cub that was laying in front of the fireplace to Ariel's right. Ariel lowered her gaze towards her familiar, she expected this answer but was determined not to let it end with only that. She looked outside again and walks away from the counter and towards the chimney. "That was a rhetorical question..it means that we're going either you want to or not" she said as she sat next to the lion petting her on the head. "If you don't wanna come you're welcome to stay here, but I don't know how much I'll be late..it might take days before I return."

The cub then opened her eyes and stood up, looking towards the door: "Oh now you wanna go? okay then give me a few minutes to close the place. You can wait for me outside if you want." she said but the cub obediently awaited for her in front of the door while growling at the outside. After finishing her preparations Ariel went by her side and opened the door:"Yeah I know it's a bad weather for a walk but it will only last a few minutes until we reach the teleportation gate." They then went outside and headed towards Snowfrost Village's teleportation gate. The way there lasted a bit longer that Ariel had expected but when they finally reached it she let out a relieved sigh and selecter the last floor that was unlocked, floor 10 with the main city named Yomi. "Yomi? why would they name it 'Land of the dead', do you think its a graveyard themed floor?" she asked her familiar to the left but only received a low growl as a response. She then pushed the accept button and they got teleported to the desired location.

The first steps she made felt like her legs were made of leed. She instantly saw the japanese influence that engulfed all the buildings there, the place looked like an ancient ruin a unattended version of the imperial palace in Kyoto. She turned towards her familiar:"Reminds me a lot of home I think we should consider this place as a future shop relocation place." But her opinion rapidly changed when she saw the inhabitants of 'The land of darkness' they were all undead. That alone made Ariel get goosebumps and her familiar to let out a powerful roar, a few seconds after that there could be heard a couple of even more powerful roars that shook the whole city ground.  

She tried to search something to hold on to as the ground shook but in the end fell on her rear. After the roars stopped she carefully got herself into her feet and looked at her familiar: "Just what the hell was that?" she asked while looking around. The town appeared undisturbed by the earthquakes and without finding an answer to her question the two started walking in a random direction. The place reminded Ariel of medieval Japan but it was a combination between different eras. The whole place looked like a unattended version of the imperial castle of Kyoto although it has a feeling that Ariel could word out clearly. Something between knowing that it was an imitation of japanese culture but in the same time it was so brilliantly designed that it appeared a real place.

After a while of exploring the main city they were heading towards the exits, so far the city appeared to be the regular one, a little darker than most towns but still bright enough to easily see your surrounding and get your bearings. The only part that bugged Ariel was the undead NPCs, they were roaming around everywhere. As they were reaching the exits Ariel stopped and gasp, in front of her stranded tall and proud a mighty dragon. her first instinct was to pull out her rapier and enter a defensive stance but then she noticed the NPC marker. "Are you censored kidding me?" she sheathed her rapier in a dignified manner before taking a closer look, she would just now noticed the mountain circle that surrounded the city. Although the peaks were barely visible due to the dark.

She sheathed her rapier and motioned Kimba to follow her as they went past the gigantic guardian, it didn't even flinch when it saw them. Kimba started growling but Ariel tried to calm her saying: "Are you seriously thinking about going against it? I think this is what produced the earthquakes earlier. Ignore it for now, we'll deal with it when we get stronger. " she then continued thinking "Now I'm challenging a huge dragon, this game keeps getting better and better by the floor." As they went on the other side of the city gates Ariel took a glance behind to see what the dragon was doing and let out a sigh of relief when she saw that it was now with its back at them, revealing 2 extremely large  wings. "I wonder what loot would it drop?" she asked herself halfway joking half way serious.

Continuing the walk she found herself following her familiar once again, she couldn't distinguish the area around them so she has to follow Kimba in the dark, once again. With a chuckle she said: "Doesn't this remind you of the time we went with Crozeph in search for the lost girl? we sure had a lot of fun then. I wish I could do quests with him soon, he was pretty reliable even if he needs to polish his skills a little." Her companion let out a satisfied growl as she kept looking around for any potential threat. It wasn't long before one arises literally from the ground in front of them. The name next to the health bar wrote: "Undead Soldier". "Well, this should be interesting" she said while readying her rapier. She then runs towards it as it was raising its sword, She thrusts and extracts the black blade in a instant retreating before it would lower the blade on top of her. The skeleton lets out a low groan as it missed.

ID: 11688 BD: 6(3 +3acc +1BD<<Concentration>> -1BD) MD: 5

Ariel: 36/36 HP

Undead Servant: 17/25 HP (-8)

*does 3 base dmg.

"What kind of mob is this? It's so freaking slow!" said Ariel while dodging to the right after hearing Kimba warn her. "But I guess the dark it's pretty disadvantageous by itself. if I didn't have Kimba's cat eyes I wouldn't 'see' a thing. " she then launched a fierce counterattack. Striking the mob in its left side, her usually accuracy felt a little heavy. "I must be imagining things" she said to herself while awaiting the mob's attack.

ID: 11698 BD: 6(-1 BD) MD: 2

Undead Servant: 9/25 HP (-8)

*does 3 base dmg.

But the Servant was so slow that she decided to attack it instead, with one quick thrust she pierced the mob directly throw one of its eye holes on the skull. "I hope this is not all that this floor has to offer"" said ariel while making a low swing to her right, a practised reflex to swipe off any remaining 'non-existent' blood. She then motioned Kimba to lead the way again, secretly hoping that they will encounter more difficult mobs ahead.

ID: 11704 BD: 9(10 -1 BD) MD: 1 LD: 11

Undead Servant: -1/25 HP (-10)

* does 3 base dmg.

Loot: 1 Material && 125 col

After a few minutes she could hear and see a patch of ground moving in front of them. Kimba warned her as before but this time Ariel could see it too. This time though, it seemed a little different in the way that the mob was still undead but had different clothing. She took a look and confirmed that it was a different type, the tag above its HP bar said "Undead Soldier", Ariel showed a grin while asking: "A Soldier this time? I hope you prove a more difficult challenge that your friend before." She went and attacked it headone, but this time the mob was a lot faster than the previous one, managing to hit Ariel's left shoulder pad as it lowered its sword. After striking it herself she backed away. "Guess you are then."

D: 11735 BD: 7(5 +3acc  -1 BD) MD: 9

Ariel: 33/36 HP

Undead Warrior: 27/35 HP (-8)

* does 4 base dmg.

She didn't got a chance to back off as the undead rushed at her and managed to slash her diagonally through the chest. The pain was bearable but in the same time,Kimba, the proud lion let out a roar and Ariel tried to hit the mob but failed miserably. her aim was exact but there was nothing to aim, at where the mob's hart should be there was only a wide hole. Ariel could see only the bones of the mob's chest there without any flesh or internal organs. "What kind of bullshit is this?" she shouted annoyed without expecting any answer.

ID: 12042 BD: 2 MD: 10

Ariel: 29/36 HP (-4)

Undead Warrior: 27/35 HP 

* does 4 base dmg.

She then jumped to the left landing on a patch of grass, after a few seconds the mob made a swing at the place she was. 'This thing can't see in the dark?' she then looks at her feet and makes a slight noise while moving the grass around her feet. That immediately got the mob's attention as it came charging at her. ' This guy is blond as a bat! literally he can track my moves through the sound of my actions. Dammit! how could I've been so careless.' she thought while coming up with a plan to use this new intel to her advantage.

ID: 12211 BD: 2 MD: 5 (8-2eva -1MD)

Ariel: 29/36 HP 

Undead Warrior: 27/35 HP 

* does 4 base dmg.

While evading the mob Ariel made the minimum required movements to pierce the mob through the head. As expected the skull was pretty thick but she could notice small red polygons forming where she had struck. "Okay so the head is weak to attacks, now to add silent movements to that and you're mine!" she thought while using her vambrace to deflect the tip of its sword. Kimba was making some noises earlier but decided to let Ariel fight it in her own way. Slightly nodding into her companion's general direction Ariel once again focused on her opponent.

ID: 12666 BD: 7(-1BD) MD: 4 (6-2eva -1MD) [Thorns Activated]

Undead Warrior: 17/35 HP (-10) 

* does 4 base dmg.

Slightly grinning Ariel silently moves away from the mob and with her free hand makes a gesture to Kimba that she hopes she would understand. It was meant to make her distract the mob while Ariel tried to sneak in from behind, in a attempt to stab it in the nape of its neck. Luckily Kimba didn't hesitated and let out a short groal, seeing the Undead Warrior turn around Ariel didn't hesitate to brandish her black blade, that in this almost pitch black darkness glowed a faint and almost indistinguishable blue. As she hit her targeted spot the black tip sunk into the bony texture like in butter. The mob tried to turn around but had it's movement constricted by the still impaled blade. In times like these Ariel should've liked to have a dagger as a secondary weapon, unfortunately SAO didn't have that kind of system so she retracted her sword and tried to back off slowly.

ID: 12674 BD: 7(-1BD) [bleed activated] MD: 3 

Undead Warrior: 9/35 HP (-8) [2/2 Bleed]

* does 4 base dmg.

Unfortunately that didn't go as she hoped because as soon as she fully retracted the blade, the mob spun around in one quick motion making a horizontal slash that intersected with Ariel's stomach. She tried to deflect the blow with her left vambrace but this mob was stronger than any other she encountered before. It left a horizontal red streak as it made a clean cut, if SAO was more realistic with graphic details, now would be the moment her insides would slip out and spill on the ground. Instead Ariel simply gritted her teeth and thrusted her rapier from below through the mob's skull with such force that the black tip of her weapon would be seen letting out the same bluish glow. The mob then disappeared into tiny polygons leaving behind some bone based item, a crafting material without a doubt and a small pouch of col.

D: 12675 BD: 8(9-1BD) [bleed activated] MD: 10  LD: 13 (14-1 LD)

Ariel: 25/36 HP 

Undead Warrior: -1/35 HP (-10) [1/2 Bleed]

* does 4 base dmg.

Loot: 1 Material && 175 col

After picking up the look Ariel took a look around her, she still couldn't see anything more than a white blur and some shapes in the distance. She was sure that her companion was the blur but that's the only thing she was sure off. The blond was barely able to pick up the look that skeleton mob dropped. "Okay Kimba nice and steady, I'm kind of blind as a bat as you already guessed." she said in a soft tone, she had the impression that she was walking inside a cemetery and didn't wanted to disturb the local bonny residents.

But after they managed to walk a few meters Ariel could hear the sound of ground moving beside her. 'Here we go again' she thought while unsheathing her rapier. Closing her eyes she could hear light footsteps and in the next instant, she thrusts her blade to where she'd calculated that the head of the possible skeleton mob would be. She was happy to sense the slight resistance of a successful hit.

ID: 12922 BD: 6 (4+3acc-1BD) MD: 5(8-2eva-1MD)

Undead Squire: 22/30 HP (-8)

*does 3 base dmg.

Rapidly retracting her blade Ariel carefully backed off while listening to the Servant's actions. A 'whoosh' could be heard coming from the place she'd been only seconds ago. 'That was to close,' she thought while preparing for another attack. She thrusted her rapier from the right side below. judging from the sound the mob must've done a simple swing from the right corner above to the left below, leaving an opening for her. At first she thought she missed since the blade swept through the air meeting no resistance but then Ariel let out a smile as she once again felt the familiar sticking sensation.

ID: 12950 BD: 6 (4+3acc-1BD) MD: 2

Undead Squire: 14/30 HP (-8)

*does 3 base dmg.

She decided to change tactics a bit and while crouching Ariel made a foot swipe under the mob making it fall onto the ground. Then standing up she thrusted her blade towards a random picked part of the area where it may have been collapsed. Her instinct guided her hand again as she made contact once again with one of the mob's soft points, making it release s growl in pain. "I gotta learn that close combat skill to make better damage next time." she said while backing off again silently.

ID: 12951 BD: 8 MD: 3

Undead Squire: 6/30 HP (-8)

*does 3 base dmg.

Out of the blue Kimba started Roaring from behind her so the blond made a 180º turned and let out a 'SHHHHHHHHHHH' putting her left index finger in front of her lips. 'What's gotten into her?' she asked herself before catching a foreign sound nearby. 'Are those heavy boots I hear?' she asked herself, then near her she could hear again the sound of earth moving. With a swift move she thrusts her rapier directly into the mob's head. While exploding into millions of polygons it lid up its surroundings for a split of a second in which Ariel could clearly see what was closing in on her. A massive skeleton that wore heavy steel boots, a chest piece and a large cape. It's head being shielded by a cap but Ariel could recognise the old military markings on it.

"What is this censored, can't I even get a break?" she almost shouted while showing a grin that was imperceivable in the nearby darkness. It was clear that this guy was going to be a bigger challenge than the ones before it.

ID: 12957 BD: 9 (9+3acc-1BD)  MD: 5(8-2eva-1MD)  LD: 18(19-1LD)

Undead Squire: -3/30 HP (-9)

*does 3 base dmg.

Loot: 1 Material && 150 Col

Undead Captain: 50/50 HP

*does 3 base dmg.

Total Loot so far: 3 Materials && 450 col