[SP-F1] The Hunt

I head out to the fields to find myself a boar to hunt. After hearing the other players discussing the low-level MOB I know exactly where to find them. After searching for a few minutes I spot one! I rush to it and slash with my sword, scoring a cut along its hide. It squeals in surprise and what I imagine is anger as it whirls and swings its tusks straight for me, I sidestep the clumsy attack and prepare to strike again.

ID:11166 BD:8 CD11 LD:20 MD:4

Katarina (hits for 1+1 damage)

Boar ( misses)

Katarina-5/5

Boar-3/5

Eager to attack again, I rush forward, brandishing my blade with all of the confidence in the world, this attack would hit, I was absolutely sure of it!... I then proceed to falter, trip over my own feet and fall hard to the ground only to be picked up and thrown by the boar's powerful tusks, that one really hurt... I slowly stagger to my feet.

ID:11186 BD:5 CD:3 LD:17 MD:9

Katarina (misses)

Boar (hits for 1+1)

Katarina-3/5

Boar-3/5

Angry at my previous failure i decide to be a bit more smart with my next attack. Again I rush the boar, it rushes back, and instead of attacking the front, I hop left and deliver a quick blow to the creature's backside, this elicit's more squealing from the thoroughly enraged animal who has had the misfortune of fighting with me.

ID:11188 BD:8 CD:7 LD:18 MD:5

Katarina (hits for 1+1)

Boar (misses)

Katarina 3/5

Boar 1/5

I see the wounded look in the beast's eyes and know that I have it right where I want it, we rotate slowly in a circle, eager for the other to make the first move. The boar's trotter slides on a pebble and I see my opening! Swiftly I charge full force, dodging its weak swipe and Impaling the unlucky creature through the skull with my blade. Finally the battle is over, my first victory won, I took my first step... to freedom.

ID:11189 BD:8 CD:3 LD:13 MD:5

Katarina (hits for 1+1)

Boar (misses)

Katarina-3/5

Boar- -1/5

Loot gained: 25Col+ Common Material

This is a good opportunity as any to eat and rest, I sit and take out one loaf of bread and one water bottle, I eat and drink hoping to find another boar before nightfall. Until I get stronger, these boars are going to be the only prey I can handle, the last one half killed me! Perhaps this leveling business will take longer than I thought... I'll have to be more careful and definitely get better with that sword. It's about noon when I finish with my meal and I decide to move onward with my training. 

I make my way to the Field of Crossroads to search for more baddies. As i'm walking a snarl sounds behind me, my hand immediately drops to my sword and i turn around in a defensive stance to find a wolf in my face! I react so quickly I hardly know what happens, My sword, seemingly from nowhere, thrusts upward into the great canine's gut and heaves him over my head. turning to look at the wolf i ready my weapon for a second strike.

ID:11213

BD:10

MD:4

Katarina5/5 (hits for 1+1+1+1)

Wolf 1/5 (misses)

In my rush to finish this battle, I forget just how dangerous a wounded animal can be. As I walk up to finish the beast I kneel to end it quickly, but the damn thing latches onto my arm! Severely lacerating my arm, and severely pissing me off. I quickly crushed its head with the pommel of my sword and throw the lifeless corpse down to my feet. "I was gonna end it quick for the damn thing I don't understand why it had to go pull a dick move like that." As I nurse my arm and watch my life gauge fill up I move closer to the road as to not draw the attention of enemies.

ID:11215

BD:7

MD:9

LD:1

Katarina (hits for 1+1)

Wolf (hits for 1+1)

Katarina- 3/5

Wolf -1/5

I decide to take a break under a nearby tree to eat and drink again and consider the time i've spent in this world, and if it really is worth it if I die or if I live. I'm getting used to this fighting stuff, it comes pretty easy now that I've done it a few times, I may actually have a chance in this world, even though its so different... I feel more at home now than I have in a long time. This... is my new home, and I don't think I wanna leave, I'm powerful here, I can fight, and I don't have to pretend to be fine anymore I can actually BE fine... This is where I belong.

Drifting in my thoughts and personal philosophy I fail to realize that there has been another wolf sneaking up on me this entire time... They're sneaky little MOB's :( I am completely caught off guard and don't even register the beast take a bite out of me. By the time I pull out my sword, he's ready to go again, now that he's tasted my blood, he wants more. I ready my blade for another fight...

ID:11217

BD:4

MD:8

Katarina (misses)

Wolf (hits for 1)

Katarina 6/7

wolf 6/6

I take the initiative and swing at the beast just as it springs toward me, to me it looks as though the beast twists in the air! An impressive feat for such a big animal! it claws my shoulder but I manage to graze its side. We turn to face one another again. He looks hungry, like I will be the meal that he has been dreaming of his whole life, and he will stop at nothing to eat me up.

ID:11293

BD:8

MD:6

Katarina (hits for 1+1)

Wolf (Hits for 1)

Katarina 5/7

Wolf 4/6

"I'm Getting real sick of this!!!"

I charge again but I'm just too damn slow, this wolf seems much tougher than the others, I know its not but that's the way i feel, I'm sore from fighting all day, pissed off at these stupid animals and frustrated with everything. The wolf slices a big cut down my leg That one really hurt!!! I slice in desperation, again, only grazing the monster.

ID:11296

BD:6

MD:9

Katarina (hits for 1+1)

Wolf (hits for 1+1)

Katarina 3/7

Wolf 2/6

I'm breathing really heavilly, this fight is taking it out of me, if I die here it'll be the most pitiful death that anyone has ever experienced. Death by wolf in virtual game, brain microwaved, a real tragedy. â€‹As I think, I react to the wolfs charge slicing it in half and screaming as loud as I can 

"WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!???" "WHAT DID I DO???"

BD:8

MD:4

LD:7

Katarina (hits for 1+1)

Wolf (misses)

Katarina 3/7

Wolf 0/6

I break down and simply start crying... What did any of us do to deserve this? we all made choices, some good, some bad, but no-one deserves a fate such as this, trapped for eternity where the only options are fight or survive, trapped by a madman, a serial killer all made to fight until we all die or we fulfill some twisted plot that he has. I cry for a while, curled up in a ball, the stress is simply too much, I lost my dad, and now I've lost everything else, but... The last thing I need to lose is myself.

I get up and begin to walk towards Horunka village, a local hunting base, maybe to find a room, or store, or just a place to sit for a while, luckily no more wolves attack me and I take a short break in the middle to eat and to drink. The breeze feels cool on my skin as I calm down. It must just be stress I thought Thats what made me freak out, the stress of being trapped maybe? Of fighting for survival? I don't know, but I assume much tougher than I have succumbed to this stress but I won't, never.

The village of Horunka is a smaller town than I expected, there are 10 or so buildings and the forest sort of surrounding the place doesn't seem terribly dangerous.

I wonder if there's a place where one can just rest for a while hopefully somewhere close, I'm beat.

I almost miss the sign for the tavern, turning to go in I am greeted by a plethora of new smells sights, and sounds. initially the place seems happy and full of people having a good time, but then I notice the others, Women and children crying in corners, men shaking and rocking back and forth, mumbling in urgent tones I decide to take a booth seat towards the window where I can look across the fields.

If there is one thing I can give Kayaba, it is his design genius... Everything is so real, but so... strangely beautiful at the same time, its almost too beautiful to be real, but not too beautiful to believe that it could be.

Sitting and pondering I watch the sun slowly lift overhead and turn into a sunset The hues of color in that sunset were like none I'd ever seen before, brilliant pinks, reds, oranges, and yellows, all clashing together to create the ultimate picture of the heat of battle: Red for blood, Yellow For Glory, Orange for fire, And Pink for memory of those lost.

Well, time to go... I need a place to stay the night or at least somewhere I know I won't be attacked in.

I leave the Inn and make my way towards the Field of crossroads so that I can return to the Town of beginnings and find a place to stay. On the way, I spot a lonely boar, and decide that his time has come  :mad:  I dash to the boar and unleash the anger I'd been trying keep in all afternoon. The poor animal doesn't hear me coming, I am simply too fast, one swift stroke and the skin from tail to head of the boar is cut. The boar is so surprised, it goes into a slight shock and doesn't fight back.

BD:10

MD:2

Katarina (hits for 1+1+1+1)

Boar (misses)

Katarina 9/9

Boar 3/7

Wasting no time, I turn and slice the boar's left ear off It's eyes have glazed over and It seems very confused, like it has no clue what to do with itself. The shock is probably from the massive amount of damage sustained in a few second but i doubt it will last for long, Remembering the wolf that found its strength belly up on the ground, I bide my time till the next attack.

ID:11349

BD:6

MD:3

Katarina (hits for 1+1)

Boar (misses)

Katarina 9/9

Boar 1/7

The boar seems to wake up slightly and snarls angrily (I'd be angry too If I had practically just been skinned when I was eating) Deeming this an appropriate time to attack, I charge for the final blow! But, the beast stops me with its tusks, in the clinch between sword and tusks, it is amazing the last reserves of power these creatures save for their dying breaths.

ID:11351

BD:2

MD:3

Katarina (misses)

Boar(misses)

Katarina 9/9

Boar 1/7

Still locked in the clinch that neither of us can escape from. We are both sweating and breathing hard trying to shift the balance in one or the other's favor, In this light and up this close, I can see the spark of intelligence in the boar's eyes, he is planning on how to move me just as I am planning on how to move him, he is a boar and I am a human, but we are equals. I look into the boars eyes and see my reflection... The Boar Is Me. The boar looks into my eyes and sees its reflection... I am The Boar.

ID:11352

BD:2

MD:2

Katarina (misses)

Boar(misses

Katarina 9/9

Boar 1/7