[PP-F1] I Hate Kids [Jynx, Torunn]

I idly walked around with Psyche on my back. She had won a dumb bet and of course I lost so here I was giving her the piggyback ride I owed her. Psyche kicked my side.

Go go horsey!

She yelled and kicked me harder so I let go and dropped her. Psyche fell on her butt and pouted.

Ouch... Why did you do that?

Psyche sat and jabbed me in my ribs when I only shrugged. Sometimes I love her too much and she deserved a little pain so in return I kicked her. In the crotch. I tilted my head back in laughter and did my impression of an evil villain as she jumped around while shrieking and clutching the spot.

You you you you...

She shook her head and gave me an evil look. 

I'll get ya later man. 

I ruffled her hair and wrapped an arm around her as we began walking again. Psyche noticed how I cooed at little children either running around alone or with older players. I could imagine how foolish I looked with my glimmering brown eyes and all-teeth smile. Psyche scoffed and turned her head in disgust while flicking her wrist.

What?

Ugh. I hate kids they're annoying. Hate em' all!

I punched her shoulder.

No way you're totally going to have some when we're older with... Ethannn~

Psyche furrowed her eyebrows and scowled at me when I said that name. She crossed her arms and paused, standing completely still.

Nope. Never. I Hate Kids.

We continued going back and forth about the same argument as I attempted to explain what a blessing and how adorable kids were while she only blurted the opposite. Both of us knew it was going nowhere but kept bugging each other anyways. It got to the point where I had her in a headlock as her smaller body frailed about trying to get out of my grasp. I only tightened the hold and laughed. We were making a scene.

Torunn was once again on the run from the Orphan as she had been so many times before.

The orphan had still not understood that she already had someone taking care of her out there, they did keep on trying to keep her there.

The Npcs kept on telling her "Your too young to go out there alone." Your not strong enough to protect your self"

Torunn was quite annoyed by those damm Npcs by now, and was already a master escapie she could escape from the orphan in more ways then people could even imagine.

As she thought she had gotten away from them she bumped into two ladies arguing with one another.

as Torunn did fall back over landing on her butt as her green rain coat would cover her well, and the hood with its rabbit ear would cover most of her face.

I felt something small hit both me and Psyche. We paused and stopped speaking before looking down in confusion. 

The hell was that?

Psyche asked annoyed while I bent down to inspect. I pulled back the hood of whoever or whatever it was. A little girl hid behind the cute bunny eared jacket. I could hear Psyche huff in the background and could sense her eyes rolling as I smiled.

Hi I'm Jynx. Who are you? Are you alright?

I didn't stand up all the way but bent over and held out a hand to the little girl while keeping that smile on my face. Not like the smile would ever go away. She was extremely precious and so was her pretty outfit. I stomped on Psyche's foot as if it were a direct order to act nicer. Psyche listened of course and put some kind of weird but a little friendly expression on her face.

Torunn looked at the two ladies a little confused, as the one of them said her name.

Torunn held out her hand with her stuffed animal Rabbit on as she would act as if the rabbit was talking "Hello Jynx, i'm Yuki and the one down there is Torunn, "

Torunn took the girls hand with her other hand and pulled her self up as she gave the two girls a smile.

but kept on holding Yuki out since that was her brave side with new people. and Torunn was the quite shy one.

I shook the rabbit's hand. 

Nice to meet you Yuki you seem very friendly. Torunn could I get a hello from you?

I switched my gaze to her and Psyche patted Torunn's head while stuffing the other hand in a pocket.

Ey' it's okay my friend Jynx here is the nicest person you'll ever meet. If you tell her your secret she'll keep em' and if you need any help at all she's there no matter what!

Psyche patted my back before turning her head away from us to look elsewhere. She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly not really sure what to say or do next. I appreciated the gesture and would probably repay her for that later. I nodded and crossed a finger over my heart like keeping a promise to get the little girl to be more open and feel comfortable around us.

Torunn looked at the two with a smile but did not really say anything yet.

Yuki on the other hand "Its a pleasure to meet you two, and chance of you getting her to say something is quite small, since she still don't fully trust you" 

Yuki said and clapped her stuffed hands.

Torunn looked from one of the girls to the others, still not feeling quite save around the two, but she was getting there.

After all they had not attacked her yet.

Oh. Okay! That's alright I kind of understand not trusting someone yet. People here are scary so take your time Torunn it'll be alright. 

I stopped bending down and stood to my full height while rubbing my back that had started to strain. I pushed my glasses up and thought about what to say next.

Yuki why did you two bump into us?

Psyche interrupted my thoughts with a pretty darn good question that made me started to wonder as well. I could tell she still didn't enjoy a kid around but for me would continue acting in a somewhat friendly manner and attitude. She deserved a Nobel Peace prize for remaining this way.

I had to keep telling my slow self that Torunn was shy which is why she wouldn't want to talk that much. It was kind of silly the way she talked with her rabbit but also really understandable and incredibly adorable. Especially with that outfit of her's as she hides under it. Psyche punched my arm to get my focus back on the matter at hand.

Dude.

I rubbed my arm and stuck my tongue out at her as a signal that I would attack her as well later on. Seems like our future fight had already been planned. My mind snapped back to reality and out of daydream land.

Escape from who? You two don't seem like you would do anything wrong.

Anybody can do anything wrong dingbat.

Psyche reminded me while poking me in the spot she hit me which made it hurt worse. I ignored the pain for now and titled my head in confusion at Yuki and Torunn my brown eyes searching but failed to find an orange marker. Well of course they wouldn't be here in a safe zone as PKers but then again anything could happen as Psyche reminded me.

• 2 weeks later...

Torunn looked up with a smile and giggled softly "We did run away from the orphanage, they won't leave us alone they keep hunting us down" Torunn said from under the hood, as Yuki did follow the two punch each other not sure why they were doing that.

Yuki then said "Why do you hit her miss?, is she not your friend?, you have to stay together to survive this place else you both might die"

Yay Torunn spoke!

I exclaimed and clapped my hands together. I was thinking maybe children would be scared of me or something like that but everything seemed alright. It made me happy thinking that she was possibly warming up to talking to us.

Well... Hmm I guess I could see how that'd be annoying. You just want your freedom, eh?

I asked trying to think about be trapped in an orphanage with a large crown and annoying adults always on your tail. Yep, I nodded my head completely understanding the situation. Even Psyche looked at me with pity for the girl.

Oi I bet that sucks.

Psyche commented which made me roll her eyes at the tone of her voice and the way she phrased her sentences. What Yuki said made both of us laugh.

Oh honey~ We're best friends. We've been best friends since we were even younger than you I bet. Five years old.

When we hit each other it's like signals for the other. A warning, or maybe a sign, or advice just in a silent way. We love each other as friends it's just the way we work.

Yeah yeah. Psyche and I would never intentionally hurt the other. We're sticking together until the end and protecting each other the best we can. I'd never let Psyche get hurt by anybody or die for that matter.

And I'd never let Jynx die either. 

I locked arms with Psyche and she did the same. I decided to change the subject now and cooed at the pair. It made since just to refer to Yuki as a separate person because in a way the stuffed rabbit actually was.

Torunn you and Yuki are so adorable I can hardly stand it. The fact that you're brave and a fighter makes me like you even more. You've basically already proven how tough you guys are.

Torunn tiltet her head and smiled under the hood as she took a step closer to the two and did pull down her hoodie.

"Maybe we should go out and look at the beasts togather?, out there the adults don't come so i use quite a lot of my time outside the gates, since those damm NPC's can't go outside the gate" she said with a smile on her lips, as she then held up Yuki and said to her "Would you be okay with that Yuki?, that we go outside again and beat up some more stuff" she said talking to her stuffed rabbit.

Yuki responded with "I would not mind at all, it been a few days since last time we were out, and that was with Keith but haven't seen him the last few days maybe he got hurt" Yuki said as response to Torunn.

"What do you two say?, should we go smack some boars outside the gates?"

Yes. Yes we should.

Sounds fun!

Me and Psyche replied. My reply was far more enthusiastic while her's was simply monotone though I was still glad she was willing to comply.

You might have to teach us a little bit.

I joked and laughed a little while Psyche rolled her teal eyes. On the way out of the safe zone I kept a look out for orphanage NPC's just for Torunn and Yuki's sake. 

So who's Keith?

I wondered aloud and ended up asking the little girl. Psyche had been wondering too and nudged me to ask about the person. When out in the fields I pulled my leather belt across my chest and over one shoulder and equipped my battle axe. Psyche equipped her dagger and it appeared connected to one of the chains on her pants which she pulled and held close to her. After Torunn would answer my question I would ask her another. 

Would you like to make the first move?

There was two boars out in the distance and I pointed to one out for Torunn to attack.

[Party] Jynx 11 HP, Psyche 11 HP, Torunn 13 HP

[Mobs] Boar 1 7 HP, Boar 2 7 HP

(OOC: I will use the Perma Roller for Jynx and roller on the bottom of the page for Psyche. Each boar deals 1 base DMG.)

Torunn smiled and followed the two out of town as they asked about Keith, she just smiled and said "Keith is the guy that protects me when bullies try to hit me, or when the orphanage don't understand that they have no say in what i do anymore since he adopted me so i can go where ever i want" she said with a wide smile. where after the two asked her if she wanted to go first and she just giggled softly as the two did draw there weapons, Jynx a battle-axe and Psyche a dagger.

Torunn then did equip her own gear as she did pull out a masterpiece of a shield that had a white lady in the middle and something looking like demon heads above and below the white lady, where after she took out Mjolnir her warhammer that basically looked like a large hammer, just with thunder running around it.

As she had equipped her gear she did run towards the boar and did jump up into the air before slamming her hammer down into the ground sending a shockwave towards the enemy, that would cut it several places and even make it bleed(Cause Mace of Vorpal Sharpness) as she would looked back at the two ladies with a smile on her lips, as the first boar had 1 Hp left after her first attack on it. she then did bunker down waiting for the two to attack 

[Roll] ID 12149 <---> BD 10 <---> CD 6 <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Party] Jynx 11 HPPsyche 11 HPTorunn 13 HP

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Boar 1 1 HP <---> Jynx 0HPsyche 0HTorunn 2H

[Hate] Boar 2 7 HP <---> Jynx 0HPsyche 0HTorunn 0H

[ Jynx will use the Perma Roller for Jynx and roller on the bottom of the page for Psyche. ]

Ooc: Hate works like this you normal hit gives 1 hate(aggro), crit gives 2 hate, Tanks can get skills that boost the effect so they get more hate. the mob attacks the one with most hate when the one summoning it's turn comes, when your in a party, since your the one who summoned the mob, your doing 2x mob dice to see if they hit.

Woah.

Hot damn.

The hit Torunn gave astonished Psyche and I we even had our mouths hanging open. She was ah-may-zing! Honestly it made me a bit jealous and I wished my skills were as good as that. At least I still had time to improve in the game and Psyche too because after today I bet she'll be wanting to hunt about everyday. Psyche shoved me forward and I gripped the shaft of my weapon nervously.

Alrighty~ Here I go.

I lifted my weapon in the air and fast walked towards the boar that seemed kind of exhausted from almost dying. Using both hands I swung diagonally cut the boar on the stomach. It fell over before officially dying by being torn apart and turning into blue crystals that just disappeared like that. Psyche clapped. A menu popped up from the dead boar after it finally finished getting erased from the game and told me I had earned COL from the kill which I would share with Torunn. 

We can share.

Your turn.

I assured Torunn before speaking to Psyche who sighed and turned to Boar 2 since Boar 1 was killed by Torunn and I. Mostly Torunn who was incredible on the field. The girl twirled the dagger in her finger and smirked at me so I just smiled encouragingly at her at waved. Psyche ran then rolled forward to end up slashing her dagger across its nose. She jumped back after the attack and did a little dance as if saying "bring it on" which I bet she was shouting in her head.

Now for the boars to make their move. Because Psyche now had the most hate she was targeted by the second boar. Psyche jumped to the side as it came and tried to topple the small girl luckily she was alright. We were getting the hang of this or so it felt like it. Both Psyche and I got out of the way so Torunn could make her next move. I was interested in seeing how this would go.

[Roll] ID 12186 <---> BD 6 <---> CD XX <---> LD 11 <---> MD 8

[Roll 2] 

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 19 on the d20 (loot) dice.

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Boar 1 DECEASED -1 HP <---> Jynx 1HPsyche 0HTorunn 2H

[Hate] Boar 2 6 HP <---> Jynx 0HPsyche 1HTorunn 0H

[Party Loot] 35 COL

[ Jynx will use the Perma Roller for Jynx and roller on the bottom of the page for Psyche. ]

Turn Order:

Torunn

Jynx

Psyche

Mob

(OOC: Thanks for explaining hate :) I totally get it now. Tell me if I did something wrong. I will split the loot with you btw. Also Psyche deals 1 base DMG because she has no weapon skill yet.)

Torunn did see the two attack and smiled as she did spin her hammer around in her hand before she rush towards the next boar and as she did get close she jumped up the slam her hammer down into the boars face smashing it into the ground, making it bleed  from the scratches it did get, as she hits it for 4 damage, and then jumps back to the two with a smile on her lips as she looks towrads the two.

"Your turn Jynx, so kill it before it ends up killing someone"

[Roll] ID 12188 <---> BD 9 <---> CD 9 <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Boar 1 0 HP <---> Jynx 1HPsyche 0HTorunn 2H

[Hate] Boar 2 2 HP (Bleeding 2/2) <---> Jynx 0HPsyche 1HTorunn 2H

[Party Loot] 35 COL

Ooc: Your ID is 12186, and you dont have to roll Craft Die since you dont have battle healing skill. 

I-I'll try!

I shouted back to Torunn and lifted the axe above my head to slam it down on the boar with a lot of force in a different way from my first hit. Once again I managed to defeat the animal. First it froze and then turned into a billion pieces just like last time. The boar didn't even get a chance to hit me or anybody else luckily. I gave a thumbs up to the two girls and rested the weapon on my shoulder. Again I got the message to collect loot which I said yes to of course. I walked back to Torunn and Psyche.

We did alright for our first time. What do you think Torunn?

If you want we could keep hunting Torunn or just stay away from that orphanage of your's.

[Roll] ID 12217 <---> BD 9 <---> CD XX <---> LD 15 <---> MD 10

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Boar 1 Deceased 0 HP <---> Jynx 1HPsyche 0HTorunn 2H

[Hate] Boar 2 Deceased 0 HP (Bleeding 1/2) <---> Jynx 2HPsyche 1HTorunn 2H

[Party Loot] 70 COL, 2 MATs

(OOC: Got it, I put an XX on the CD.)

Torunn looked at the two and giggled "i'm up for keep killing boars if you two are" she did put her shield on her back and mace by her side as she started walking, as she looked upwards to the sky with a smile on her lip being quite happy that they all were still alive and well.

"You two did quite well for your first time thats for sure, should we pick a fight with some more monsters?, or maybe try see if we can kill enough to spawn a rare boar?"

OOC: We also get 1 mat a mob killed with at least more then half the person with most hp in the group, so there is 2 mats for share also. you can look by my store then i just take the mats and craft you something from it.

Let's take on more.

Psyche answered for me which is what I would've said anyway so I just nodded in agreement. There were plenty of monsters around here for us to kill so... Why not? It was fun "playing" with Torunn. Probably the best time I've had spending it with a child and I think Psyche felt the same as me judging by her tone of voice and bright expression. I picked two boars again because three seemed like a little much to handle at this time. Killing in twos was best for now I thought. 

Alright Torunn. Let's do this all over again.

I said before running towards the boar to swing and get the first hit. My body turned in a complete circle as I spun on one heel with the other foot barely hovering over the ground. I stopped when I was back in my original position facing forwards. Psyche jumped in to help me out which was sweet. She even managed to stab through the boar's thick fur and skin and steal 1 HP from the animal. 

The boar was kinda angry and got a hit on me that stung more than the other one's did but of course the red mark went away quickly just not as quick as my first few. After me Psyche got hit too and the boar attacked us with equal force. She staggered but got back up and stood beside me. A small space formed in between our party and the monsters themselves. 

Torunn you should go now!

[Roll] ID 12459 <---> BD 8 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 9

[Roll 2]

• Rolled a 6 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 6 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d20 (loot) dice.

[Party] Jynx 9 HPPsyche 9 HPTorunn 13 HP

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Boar 1 7 HP <---> Jynx 1HPsyche 1HTorunn 0H

[Hate] Boar 2 7 HP <---> Jynx 0HPsyche 0HTorunn 0H

[Party Loot] 70 COL, 2 MATs

Turn Order:

Jynx

Psyche

Mob

Torunn

(OOC: Boar 1 originally had 10 HP until after Psyche and Jynx attacked. Boar 1 and 2 deal 1 base DMG. For this post I had the boar attack both Psyche and Jynx, but after this it will only attack the one person with most hate.)

Torunn did see the two hit the boar almost as fast as the boar did spawn as she did smile happy, and when she did see it was her turn now she did grab her hammer and charged forward, but due to pure bad luck, Torunn did trip over and rock on the way to the boar and did slam her hammer on Jynx's foot instead dealing 1 damage to Jynx instead of just hitting the monster, she had been so unlucky that her roll was a critical failure.

Torunn quickly got up standing again after having hammered Jynx's foot and looked sad at her and then said "Sorry Jynx i did not mean to hit you"

[Roll] ID 12509 <---> BD 1 <---> CD 11 <---> LD XX <---> MD XX

[Party] Jynx 8-1 HPPsyche 9 HPTorunn 13 HP

[Mobs] 

[Hate] Boar 1 7 HP <---> Jynx 1HPsyche 1HTorunn 0H

[Hate] Boar 2 7 HP <---> Jynx 0HPsyche 0HTorunn 0H

[Party Loot] 70 COL, 2 MATs

Turn Order:

Jynx

Psyche

Mob

Torunn