[F4-Cooking Shop] Butterfly Bakery (OPEN)

Butterfly Bakery

On floor 4, a tiny shack containing a small open kitchen surrounded by cabinets. The cabinets are full of spices and ingredients, along with various supplies for baking and cooking. Due to the small size of the bakery, only three tables were available—2 with 3 chairs, 1 with 2 chairs. The store, unlike Oske’s daughter’s store, was PKer accesable.

New Crafting Day Starts at: 12:00 PM EST

divider_2_by_canzeda-d426skz.png

â–ºThe CD Result Chart (Rank 4)

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-3] = Fail (Lose materials)

[4] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[5-8] = Good item  
[9-10] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)

[11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)

[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Vanity Items

Name: Dried Fruit & Nuts
Type: Snack 
Quality: Good
Effects: None
Description: They're nice and crunchy, and they make you feel good when you eat them. The nuts are salty and the fruits are tart, and they make a good trail mix for travel. 

Uncommon Items

Name: Straw-Kiwi Cheesecake
Type: Dessert
Quality: Uncommon
Effects: Vitamins (+1 LD)
Description: This slice of cheesecake has two strawberries and a kiwi on the top, drizzles with strawberry juice.

Name: Fruity Trifle Scoop

Quality: Uncommon

Effects: Probiotics (1)
Description: This scoop of trifle is layered with heavy whipped cream, angel food cake, and various juicy fruits. 

Rare Items

Name: Mini Snack Quiche
Type: Snack 
Quality: Rare
Effects: Herbs (+1 BD)
Description: Ooh! This lovely quiche has mushrooms, herbs, spinach, and tomatoes mixed in. It makes you feel light on your feet, and the crust has a nice crunch to it.

Quality: Rare

Effects: Probiotics (2)
Description: This scoop of trifle is layered with heavy whipped cream, angel food cake, and various juicy fruits. 

Perfect Items

Quality: Perfect

Effects: Probiotics (3)

Quality: Perfect

Effects: Probiotics (3)

Storage (Materials)

Total: 18 mats

Current Inventory: 2 mat

Material Log

»Started with 10 mats

»Gained 5 mats from Earning a Living

»Placed previously owned mats into store (2)

»Gained 1 mat from Pest Problems

Prices

Vanity items: 50

Uncommon: 300 (1 mat)

Rare: 400 (4 mats)

Perfect: 600 (6 mats)

Custom food art: +50 Col*

(*custom food art is when I draw your design for you before crafting it, so you have a better idea of what it looks like. This is only applicable in custom orders.)

ID: 11614

CD: 6

LD: 5

Oske decided to kick-start her businesses, she was going to work on little fancy snacks. She took out some flour and butter and salt in order to make some crackers, along with sliced cheese and basil and a tomato. However, as she pulled out her supplies, she dropped some of the tomatoes on the ground. Hopefully they didn't matter. She winged it on the measurements for ingredients, and over all just failed at doing everything. The crackers/bread didn't even look edible. She pushed the disgusting item aside sadly.

ID: 11615

CD: 1

In a second attempt, Oske gathered up her ingredients and was careful when moving them so as to not drop anything on the ground. She used little bowls and cups as measurements, knowing that she only needed a little butter, twice the amount of flour, and a pinch of salt. Oske was sure she could do everything perfectly. She placed the cheese, tomato, and basil on top before placing them into a metal bin of some sort. She gently set it over the fire in the furnace. She then went to cut up some more basil for extra flair, when she totally forgot about the snack. She turned to smell it burning, and was forced to remove it from the furnace and throw out. 

She wasn't off to the best start.

ID: 11757

CD: 4

After a long day of moping around due to her failure, Oske decided to jump back into action. She was planning to make salty fried wheat noodles, as a nice little crunchy snack. She started by kneading some dough, then slicing it very carefully into thin slices. Once that was done, she cut those thin slices in half. Then, she shook some salt onto them, and... the cap to the shaker fell off, drenching the entire dish in salt. Tears welled in Oske's eyes as she threw away her failed meal. "W...Waah..." she sniffed.

ID: 11758

CD: 9 (good item)

This time, Oske was even MORE careful. She gently cut the dough into slices, then halves. Once that was done, she screwed the cap to the salt back on, gently tapping the bottom to knock a little bit of salt out into her palm. She sprinkled the salt over the dough, then added just a teensie bit of pepper for an extra kick. She then baked it a little before frying it, making a little crunchy snack.

ID: 11862

CD: 3 (fail)

ID: 11863

CD: 8 (good item)

Oske had spent a day drying fruits and nuts. She grabbed them from the sweltering clay container, picking them apart. She found that some of the nuts were... deep brown, and when she nibbled it, it tasted terrible. It seemed that it was overdone. She then moved to the fruit, which also had some overdone ones. She separated the two and rubbed the nuts in salt, so that she had a nice little dish. 

ID: 12060

CD: 11 (rare item)

ID: 12061

CD: 3 (fail)

Oske set down her mixing bowl for the day. She had a plan. She used a whisk to mix eggs, adding sprinkles of cheese as she went. Then, after she has thoroughly mixed everything, she added some herbs and tasty vegetables that were similar to spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. She patted down a teenie tiny pie crust and pushed both into a metal box that was over a flame. When they were close to done, the first thing she removed was a rare snack quiche. It smelled so good... but the second one, unfortunately, was not mixed properly, and it burned.

ID: 12164

CD: 7 (bad item) 1 EXP

ID: 12165

CD: 12 (perfect item) 8 EXP

Oske gently kneaded some dough, making sure to gently push in slices of butter so it'd melt when baked. It was a tactic she had learned in the real world, which she fondly remembered. She then placed her two rolled up dough croissants into the metal box over the burning coals. Unfortunately, one of her little croissants burned. The other came out perfectly. She had a big smile on her face.

Skylar stepped in what seemed to be the smallest bakery he has ever seen. Everything looked neat but really cluttered with spices, and other ingredients Skylar could spend days trying to learn. Still the place only had three tables! That is ridiculous! Not that Skylar should be complaining much he a zero tables at his place, he really did not need them, but this was a restaurant. What if she became famous and busy. She would most likely just upgrade the place then.

Still Skylar made his was to the counter and peered at the menu. "I am really not that hungry" he muttered to himself. Still he thought a snack would be nice he looked to find the cheapest thing he could find. "I guess the crunchy fried wheat noodles will work."

"Hello?" He spoke out loud wondering what happened to the chef.

At the sound of a customer, Oske jumped to her feet and ran in from the back room... her very first customer! She had a huge, wide smile on her face as she spoke. "Hi! Welcome to the Butterfly Bakery. How may I help you?" Oske exclaimed, her grin almost looking like she ate something she shouldn't have and was now in trouble for it. But, no, she was just SUPER excited. 

"Hello there!" Skylar smiled in response to the preppy looking Chef. "I was actually interested in purchasing your crunchy fried wheat noodles. I have a quest coming up later and was told to make sure I have food with me." He leaned onto the counter not really wanting to stand the entire time and brushed his hair out of his face. "So will that be 50 Col?"

"Of course!" Oske exclaimed. She quickly grabbed the fried wheat noodles, gently placing the bowl of crunchy snacks into a nice and neat paper bag. She put a cute little tag with a butterfly on it, then placed the bag onto the counter with a smile. "Is there anything else I can interest you in? I have a perfect and a rare item...!"

Skylar reached into his bag before replying to the shop owner "No this is all I really need. I have a was told to try feeding an animal and you may make a new friend. So I wanted to try it out." He took out the 50 Col and placed it on the counter before taking the  noodles. "Thank you!" He headed out the door to the nearest portal. Back to his shop to cook the noodles a bit.

ID: 12543

CD: 10 (uncommon)

ID: 12544

CD: 11 (rare)

ID: 12545

CD: 11 (rare)

"Okay!" Oske exclaimed. She was confident now. She grabbed her mixing bowl, ready to begin. She already had some cream cheese, and now she needed milk and... maybe regular cream? Oh, and fruit for the top! She quickly began to mix her ingredients, watching as the middle became thicker and thicker. Once done, she placed it into a lovely little crust and baked it for only five minutes to brown the crust and the top a little. When she was done, she had three pieces of a lovely little cheesecake. 

Mari walked into the store; since it was PKer accessible. She wanted to find something quick and easy to eat - and her inventory was lacking decent food. Mari blinked; to find Oske behind the counter. "Oh, its you." She said simply, as she headed over to see what was in stock. She pointed to the Croissant. "I want that." She pulled out a sack of 600 col and placed it on the table. The Croissant would give her an extra crafting attempt for the day; and Mari needed it.

-600 Col

Oske's face lit up with a smile when she saw Mari, who simply said "oh, it's you" and placed the Col on the table. Oske's smile grew even wider when she saw this. She nodded happily, exclaiming, "Sure thing! Here you go!" Oske rushed to the displace area and grabbed the croissant. She then placed it in a little paper bag with a tag that said the name of the bakery and a big "THANK YOU!" on the back. She then pushed it forward to Mari on the counter. "I hope you enjoy! Come again!"

She wanted to say more to the woman, but thought it'd be best not to anger her. 

Mari picked up the paper bag, raising an eyebrow at the overly happy writing on it; and the very cheery demeanour of Oske. Last time she had seen Oske the woman was less than happy. Yet now it seemed as though the be-speckled girl was an entirely new person. Mari wasn't sure why, but that happiness seemed to rub her the wrong way.

Perhaps it was because Mari was so bitter herself; and that such happiness was entirely out of her reach. "I'll be sure to tell you if I don't." Mari said, as she turned to leave the store, pausing - before exiting Mari didn't turn to look at Oske, but offered her unusually kind words.  "Good to see you so chipper."

And with that, Mari had left. 

((just calculated and double checked to realize I'm rank 4... lol!))

ID: 13165

CD: 11 (rare item, +5 EXP)

ID: 13166

CD: 12 (perfect item, +8 EXP)

ID: 13167

CD: 12 (perfect item, +8 EXP)

ID: 13170

CD: 10 (uncommon item, +3 EXP)

Oske spent her time working on this masterpiece. It was a dessert--a trifle. The first layer was angel food cake, which she baked, then ripped to shreds and layered three times. Then there was something similar to thick whipped cream. Then, on top of all that, was battered and juicy raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries. As a final touch, Oske sprinkled toasted coconut on the top  and scooped out four plates of the stuff. 

• 1 month later...

Reu walked into the bakery located on the fourth floor. His senses were overwhelmed by the delicious smells permeating the room. He slowly began eyeing the treats to his hearts content, partaking in the free samples. Sometimes, Reu wished he had become a cook instead of a fisherman. After trying several samples, Reu knew what it was that he wanted. He gathered the items, and approached the counter, holding two rare quality, Straw-Kiwi Cheesecakes. Though pricey, they had the enhancements he needed for his next quest with each offering +2 LD bonuses per thread.

-800 Col / Source

+2 Straw-Kiwi Cheesecakes