[PP-F?] An Altercation - Azide vs Kiru

"It looks just like the coliseums of Rome," thought Azide. He marveled at the architectural mastery that stood before him. He looked the colossal complex up and down and took in the sight of the structure in all of its white and marbled glory. With a brief glance through the walkway to the stadium, he confirmed that the building was currently unoccupied. "Well, not completely," he corrected. "It looks like there might be a handful of people standing around in there, but nobody seems to actually be engaging in any combat right now."

He brought his arms up to his chest and crossed them, shaking his head as he did so. "Such a waste of a perfectly good arena," he muttered. Although he wasn't normally the type to go out and pick a fight, the opportunity to do so was a tempting one. "After all, there's only one real way to prove my growth in this place. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs." He found the thought left him with a sudden urge to visit a cookery, though he quickly dismissed the idea. "But that still leaves the question of how to find an opponent..." He stroked his chin slowly and gave the topic some serious contemplation before snapping his fingers.

Azide picked up a small pebble from the ground and enclosed it in his palm. He tossed it up a few times, catching it in his hand each time as it fell. On the third time, he closed his eyes and began spinning around. "Here goes nothing..." muttered the player, before letting the pebble loose into the air. After feeling the weight leave his hands, he opened his eyes to trace the path of the pebble. "Looks like I'm just about to find my opponent," he observed, watching as the stone steadily came closer and closer toward a female player in the distance. He waved cheerfully at the player just after the rock hit her head with a plunk. From there, it bounced off unceremoniously before shattering.

I walked backwards slowly through the marbled structure. It was absolutely stunning. The white stone with gold traces along it were just so well carved out. Although this was only a game's perception of a coliseum I still stared at the magnificent set up. Whether this was just a fake building or a real one I would always stop and look at it. It was just too beautiful to be overlooked. I made my way slowly through the entrance and into the unoccupied stadium. It was a lot bigger than I expected. Suddenly, I felt something hit the back of my head. I spun around and made eye contact with the male player standing about one hundred meters away from me at the other end of the stadium I glanced at the small pebble that had made contact with the back of my head then back at the player.

"Oi! Are you an idiot or somethin'? Have a death wish! What's the big idea? You wanna battle or something?" I yelled violently and crossed my arms. This player obviously either didn't know who I was or was just really stupid.

From the looks of it, his pebble had done a fine job. It was almost a shame that it'd broken just like that. "It would've made a fine momento," thought Azide. "A commemoration to my first duel... not counting Psycho-kawa." He felt it best to just forget that particular incident altogether.

After a quick shudder, he turned his attention back to the two-toned haired girl standing opposite of him. "Actually, yes!" he yelled, cupping his hands together. "Well, not the death wish thing. Or the idiot thing," he added. "Actually, it was a pretty clever idea, if you ask me..." he muttered. He made his forward just enough paces to give his throat a break- all this yelling was really taxing his vocal cords. He needed those in tip-top shape if he wanted to make all of the inevitable acceptance speeches in the future.

But for now, he would have to settle for a more humble speech. After all, there weren't very many people here to witness his victory. "A damn shame," thought Azide, turning his head left and right, before looking back to the girl. He grinned and swiped at the air, causing a virtual interface to materialize before him. After just a couple of taps, he'd sent off his duel request. Half-loss, of course. He watched as it blinked into being before her. "So?" he asked. "You up for it?"

Player with the highest Loot roll strikes first. ID: 11978; LD 1 :C

I was taken back or a second by the peculiar answer given by the male. He suggested that the pebble tossed at my careful self was done so on purpose. I narrowed my eyes and stepped forward a little so there wouldn't be much strain on my voice. It was a normal thing for me to yell but not wasn't the time. I placed my hands on my hips and questioned the player. "So...you threw a freaking rock at my head to initiate a battle with me? You really are dense if you think that it was clever to throw projectiles at a murderous player. Now, before you get scared and question whether or not I kill people; I do not. It is my job though to kill those who kill. Call it whatever but the proper title is "Maverick Hunter." Use it wisely unless you wanna be killed." The words that left my mouth were almost true. So far, I hadn't killed anyone. It was Keith who ended up ending their lives. I guess you could say he was protecting me from being corrupted? Maybe it was the fact that he wanted me to be free? He didn't want everyone staring at my cursor instead of my face? Either way, he wanted to keep me from seeing something from his perspective.

He caught my attention by speaking, followed by a request that popped up in front of my eyes. I scanned the duel request and clicked accept with a smirk. This was not going to be easy...it was going to be fun. "Don't be afraid of me!" I added as I stepped back, equipping the appropriate gear.  

Equipped Items:

â–ºItem: Cold Reflection

Item type: Headpiece
Quality : Perfect
Enhancement: +2 ACC +1Eva
Shop: The Lion's Den
Description: This headband is black and on the left side has a medium jewel bound to it with white twine. The jewel is an icy blue

â–ºShadow Gloves
Quality: Perfect
Description: It's a steel pair of gloves, made from light shiny steel with other materials , +2 Acc , +1 Dmg M

And of course my healing items.

He furrowed his brow and scratched at the back of his head as the girl serenaded him with a muddle of righteous drivel. She seemed to be playing the PK card rather fast and loose, with a foot placed stubbornly on both sides.

Azide flicked a finger to the dull green cursor that hovered silently over his head. "As you can see," he said smoothly, "I am not a 'maverick', so I think we can go without the thinly veiled threats today, miss." He turned his eyes to the other player's cursor and confirmed that it to also be green- as she herself had just alluded. She was definitely just playing up the whole 'Maverick Killer' deal, as far as he could tell.

"And let's try not take this too personally, miss 'Maverick Hunter'," he said with a shake of his head. "This was nothing more than a twist of chance." He wore his politician's grin as he spoke, but faded subtly into one of greater sincerity as the girl accepted his request.

Above them, Cardinal began a count down. 10... 9... 8...

At this rate, things would get interesting real fast. He swapped out his gloves for another pair that bore increased mitigation and pulled them taut over his fingers before flexing them. "A perfect fit." He shot a glance at the girl (whose name he now saw to be 'Kiru' as a result of their duel), his eyes carrying an unusual brightness in them. Something about competition drew out another side of him.

As the timer continued to tick closer toward the inevitable, he drew Quantum Slicer in a swift and fluid motion. "The same goes for you, Kiru," he called, pointing his rapier toward the ground. This was about progress, not fear.

A moment of silence, and suddenly the timer had arrived at zero. In an instant, Azide raced forward. He would not allow for the initiative to go to his opponent. The brown-haired player tore across the coliseum and shifted his trajectory at the last moment, speeding past her flank, rather than opting for a head-on assault.

Quantum Slicer ripped through the air, slicing cleanly into his opponent's side. He dug his boots into the ground and whipped around on his heels as he came to a sliding stop. A glowing red gash had been left where his blade his struck. He looked over at the girl, wearing a smile of a slightly haughtier this time around. This battle would be done his own tempo, and not hers.

ID: 12011
LD: 15 (> 1)
BD: 9 (Crit +1)

Damage taken = 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 4 (Weapon Skill) + 1 (Athletics) + 1 (BD 9) - 1 (Mitigation) = 9

Azide HP: 39/39
Kiru HP: 81/90 (-9)

Equipment:

Currently Equipped:
» Item: Quantum Slicer [E]
Type: One-Handed Rapier
Enhancements: +3 Damage
Description: A rapier with an edge said to be sharp even on a sub-atomic level, making slashing a viable option.

» Item: Heisenberg's Uncertainty [E]
Type : Light Armor
Enhancements: +2 Evasion, +1 Damage Mitigation
Description : A green coat that makes it difficult to simultaneously identify both the wearer's position and velocity, consequently rendering them a much more difficult target to hit.

» Item: Kwolek's Gloves
Item Type: Gloves
Enhancement: +2 Accuracy, +1 Damage Mitigation
Description: A pair of gloves crafted from a material analogous to kevlar. Their low weight and high amount of durability allow for a high degree of maneuverability while affording a bit of extra protection.

Stats (Including Skills and Equipment):

HP: 39
Damage: 1 (Base) + 3 (Rapier) + 4 (Weapon Skill) + 1 (Athletics) = 9
Mitigation: 2 (Equipment) + 2 (Armor Skill) = 4
Accuracy: 2 (Equipment) + 1 (Precision Skill) = 3
Evasion: 2 (Equipment) + 1 (Acrobatics) = 3

Combat Heal: +1 HP gained on CD of 10, 11, or 12.