SP-F3 <<Worn Out Welcome>> "Working Class"

After realizing that I had gained a lot of experience in my time in the first floor. I decide that it's time for a change of venue. I'm sure I'll come back to the first floor but for now it's on to floor 2...you know what? lets go explore floor 3 and see if I can handle whats there! I stood on the teleport platform and spoke firmly "Floor 3". Energy surrounded me and I was instantly teleported to a small village. Haha this is quite quaint. I like the hometown look of it compared to the hustle and bustle of the starting city. I look around the village and spot a message board. Hmmm I haven't even done a quest in my time here. Maybe there is something on the board that's of use to me! I examine the board and spot "Help Wanted by Griswold the Blacksmith". Perfect! A chance to help out in a trade that I am very interested in learning about after seeing Oikawa's work. I accept the Quest via my HUD and walk to Griswold's shop.

I wander into a modest looking forge. The shop felt homey but at the same time practical and pragmatic. In the back I can hear the sounds of a hammer banging against metal. The sound was like music to my ears. reminding me of chimes in an orchestra. "Um Hello? I'm looking for Griswold the blacksmith?" The clanging stopped as I hear a crackly voice from the back. "Who the hell is interrupting my forge time? I only have the strength to do so much ass kicking a day so whoever you are you better be here for a good reason!" the old man spoke as he came out from behind the divider. "Oh calm yourself dear, I'm sure this young man is here to help us with our gathering." a kind but firm voice spoke from behind a curtain in the wall. "I am Xanatos! I was informed you all needed help with something?" I spoke slightly nervous.

"Oh yes young man, you see, my husband and I are not as young as we used to be. We cannot go adventuring all over the world like we used to. This has caused us to have a common shortage of materials to forge with. So we decided to put that quest up so we could continue to do what brought us together in the first place. Smithing. We will compensate you well, all you have to do is tell us what you want made before we can tell where you need to go" The elder woman explained. "Hmmm I could honestly use a cloak! Something light that will help me to be more...evasive with my foes." "Well my dear I'm sure we can think of something when you return. What I need from you is very abundant on the first floor. Leather hides from boars or wolves in the fields and forest 4 of them to be exact." She informs me. Great haha I just left the first floor. But oh well, I guess it cant be helped right now.

I set off from the shop back to the teleport pad in the center of the small village. It's funny. It's not as ornate or fancy as the one in the starting city. I guess the game really does begin to adapt things to it's surroundings. Like us....I step on the pad and speak "First Floor". The energy surrounds me again as I arrive back in the city. I head west towards the fields as I prepare myself for the hunt! How exciting I get to practice with Digitzer and gain a new peice of equipment for my hard work. I mean how hard can it be to kill a few mobs....

After arriving in the fields I scout around for my first boar of the day. Ahh I remember Majyenta and I doing our first combat experience here. It was quite a ride hahaI spot a boar on the edge of the forest.Grazing on the fresh green grass. I take the moment of the element of surprise and attack the boar with all my might! Thrusting Digitizer straight forward into it's heart!

ID#11869

BD=7+2 ACC =9 (no critical)= 2 DMG (base plus skill level)

MD=8 = 1 DMG 

Xanatos= 12/13

Boar=4/6

My blade is true as the tip pierces through it's skin. I can feel Digitizer's power enhancing my accuracy to the point of near perfection! But I frown upon the fact that the boar was able to flail a good cut into my shoulder blade.

This will be too easy...I wonder what stronger monsters would have been like. Maybe after this quest i'll try to challenge myself with a more..difficult opponent. But first I must be properly equipped! I pulled my blade out of the boars hide and readied myself for another attack! This time I'm going straight for it's eyes! I remember that worked pretty well the last time I tried it! I poise my footing and stab firmly towards the eyes of the beast.

ID#11870

BD: 9 (Critical +1 Dmg) + 2 DMG from base and skill level= 3 DMG

MD:6= 1 DMG

Xanatos =11/13 HP

Boar= 1/6 HP

"Shook" The sound of the blade scraping bone is eerily satisfying as my blade plunges into the boars eye! In its blinded rage it's tusk scrapes my arm. Ugh not again. Gotta get better at that!

I ready myself for the final blow. My footing is strong and my blade true. One final, fatal swipe and the boar's pelt will be mine no question! I swing Digitizer straight across the boars side. 

BD: 1 (miss)

MD: 5 (miss)

Damn, I stepped into a whole in the ground, throwing off my footing as I fall, barely missing a good stomping on from the boar. I get up from the dirt and realize that there are alot of those holes around here. Maybe I'll investigate these when this is all over

After composing myself again. I decide to try something new! I wait for the boar to charge. I can tell it's not very happy with the fact that one of it's eyes was missing. The boar charges and I grab it by the tusk and pull myself over it, stabbing my blade into it's spine.

ID#11873

BD:4 +2 ACC =6 (success!) DMG= 2 (base and skill)

MD:3 (no DMG)

"Plunk" My blade pinned the boar to the ground through it's spine, effectively ending it's life. I stand tall as the loot screen (LD: 17) pops up: 1 Hide. 1 Health Potion. Yes! Haha 1 down, 3 more to go.

Looking around for my next boar, I find myself brimming with confidence. My power is increasing with each blow I strike. At this rate, I'll be a master of the blade in no time! My next target was a few yards away and had wandered into the fields from the forest. â€‹"Target Acquired. I joked to myself. As a kid I never really got to go hunting so It was nice to at least pretend that I had done something like this before. I dashed in and swiped across the boars side!

BD: 6 +2 ACC= 8 DMG= 2 (base + skill)

MD= 10 (Critical!) DMG= 3-1 (DMG MIT)=2

Xanatos= 9/13

Boar= 4/6

What the Hell? I dug my blade in from the side, but the boar simply ignored it and headbutted me in the chest. 

I keep my composure as the boar knocks me back. Damn that hurt a lot. I better keep my ego in check or it's gonna get me killed. I could feel a sense of strength from this boar. But boar's don't have feelings. Animals don't have feelings! The boar placed it's attention on me, It stamped its hooves and came at me. I dodge off to the side and thrust my blade into it's side.

BD: 1

MD:5

Seriously, these holes are going to be the death of me one of these days. My foot gets stuck into yet another hole in the ground. Nearly ruining my chances of dodging the boar charging through me.

I feel my power increase with that last dodge. Aha! A level up. I feel my constitution raise a bit higher. Now I can take a bit more of a beating. I ready myself and swiftly strike at the boar while its back is to me. It wont even see me coming. The most dangerous threats are the ones you can't see.

BD:8 (success) DMG= 2 (base +skill)

MD:3 (failure)

Haha! My blade makes it's mark in the rear haunch of the boar, It wriggles about but cannot turn to strike me back. It was quite the sight. I couldn't help but snicker to myself thinking about old cartoons that did exactly what I just did.

Xanatos= 9/15

Boar= 2/6

I pull the blade out the hide of the boar and ready myself for the final blow. This will be two down, two to go. I can already feel that cloak strapped on to my back. Hopefully it can help me get used to evading those close call attacks. I rear back and shout as I dig my blade into the spine of the boar. Trying to pin it down like the other.

ID#11877

BD: 6 (success) DMG= 2 (base+ skill)

MD:7 (success) DMG= 1

"Thunk" The blade stabs through the boar and into the ground. The boar, in its death throws, scrapes my leg with its back hoove. I wince in pain as it finally dies before me! I check the loot screen to see what I gained (LD:12) : 1 Hide and Another Health potion!

Xanatos= 8/15

Boar= 0/6

Two more hides left to go as I sit down and begin to relish in one of the health potions I acquired. It tastes just like cookie dough! And I can feel it replenishing my health...mmmm delicious. I wonder if it taste the same for everyone, or it just tailors itself to the users taste buds!. I look up at the sky and notice that the weather is near perfect. Almost no clouds in the sky. Yet another example of how beautiful this place can be. I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face. I feel at peace, even in the midst of battle.

+5 HP. 13/15 HP

I stand up from my quiet time. Ready to do battle again I look for m next boar. A perfect specimen lies before me a few yards away. I seemed to be relaxing in the sun. Just as I was a moment ago. It seems so peaceful and rested. It made m heart heavy to realize that I had to end it's life. I snuck up on it, only to break a twig right before i readied myself for a thrust. It woke with a vengeance as I jabbed my blade into its side.

ID#11878

BD: 10 (Critical +2) DMG= 4 (2 from crit 2 from base+skill)

MD:6 (DMG 1)

My refreshed body did more damage than I had anticipated. I thrusted straight through the side of the boar clean! I tossed itself around and threw me off. pushing me to the ground.

Xanatos 12/15

Boar 2/6

I wiped off my chin from the bit of blood that was sprayed onto me from the critical blow. That was fantastic! I felt every ounce of power in that thrust! That boar is as good as dead in eyes. Now all I have to do is finish it off! I charged at the boar ready to claim what was mine! I swept my blade across its chest. 

ID:11879

BD: 5 +2 ACC= 7 (success) DMG= 2 (base+skill)

MD 6 (success) DMG= 1

"Shing!" The blade split open the boars chest. Effectively ending the battle once and for all. The boar collapses on my arm.I felt the rush of my skill and power coursing through my veins as the loot screen appeared (LD:3) 1 Hide. Darn, no item other than the mat this time.

Xanatos 11/15

Boar 0/6

I relished in my victory as I approached the final boar I need to slay. This is invigorating! I haven't felt this good since my swim last night. This game isn't too bad once you find the silver linings in it all. There's always a silver lining...always...I found the last boar of the day. This one was a bit larger than most, I knew it would be more of a challenge. But I charge in blade poised to thrust into it's hide.

ID# 11881

BD: 2

MD:6 (success) DMG=1

The boar was ready for me, I dipped its tusks and i ran straight into them! I felt it bruise my ribs but I recovered quickly.

\

Xanatos 10/15

Boar 7/7

Jumping off to the side then jumping in to the boar, My blade is poised to strike. I shout as Digitizer plunges towards the boars hide, ready to make its mark. Can't lose focus now, you can do this just as easily as you did the first three. You are better, harder, faster, and stronger than this animal!

BD: 2 (failure)

MD: 10 (Critical +2 dmg) DMG= 3-1 (DMG MIT)= 2

The boar had this focused look in it's eye. Like it had a purpose. It turned to me and actually blocked my attack and parried with it's tusk. Clearly this boar had seen battle before. Maybe even claimed the life of some other player.

Xanatos: 8/15

Boar 7/7

The boar had cut me good, straight across the chest like the last time i had trouble with his kind. I felt my strength leaving me. Damn it Xana focus. Remember what you've been taught. Use the panic to focus you, don't succumb to it. Learn to use it as a drive to keep you in the game. You cant win on being pumped up alone. I swiped at the boar trying to weaken it with some initial damage.

ID# 11883

BD: 9 (critical +1) DMG= 3 (1 from crit 2 from base+skill)

MD:3 (miss)

MY determination pays off as I strike deep into the skin of the boar. It's stance weakens as I riposte myself for another attack.

Xanatos: 8/15

Boar: 4/7

Thats right, just keep it up, you can do this. You have him right where you want him. Don't get cocky now or you could lose everything you hope to acheive. Think of Syo, Reu, Baldur, Majyneta...Hailey. Thik of all the people you will let down if you die here and now. "DON'T GIVE UP YOU SOB" I yell as I stab at the boars hide again, ready to end this quest and regain my strength!

ID#11884

BD:7 (success) DMG= 2 (base+skill)

MD:7 (success)DMG= 1 

My blade plunges deep into the boars hide. I can feel it wince as I pull my blade out. The boar looks at me with an eerie look of desperation. As if it had failed in its duty. It headbutts my arm and knocks me back.

Xanatos 7/15

Boar 2/7

The boar is weakened to the point of exhaustion. I can feel it's life force dropping lower and lower. It snorts its nose and limps over to one of the body of one of the boars I had killed earlier. I understood right then that I had killed it's mate... I had killed the one thing in life It was protecting more than anything else. No...they are just animals...they don't have feelings...just like those who act like animals, THEY HAVE NO FEELINGS. I stood fast and charged in, attempting to bash the boar to death with my blade in anger.

ID#11885

BD:1

MD:3

I stopped at the last second. The boar wasnt defending itself..It was just huddled over the body of its mate...A tear fell from my eye...I'm..I'm acting like an animal...

No HP change