[SP-F1] - <Blades of Dreams> - The Red Katana

As she was coming back to the inn after a day out hunting, Teayre noticed a sign on the wall.

Do You Need A Blade?

Don't Have The Money?

If You Get The Materials, There's No Charge!

Come and find me (Sai) at my shop. Sai's Daggers and Knives on the first floor.

(It's the little shop, in an alley off of the main merchants district.)

"Huh... That seems interesting, perhaps I'll be able to get a basic Katana for myself for when I finally get the skill...."

Bringing her menu up she found she still had some time before she was meant to meet Calrex in their room, she set off towards the merchant district. Winding through some back alleys she finds the shop, smoke was still coming from the chimney even though it was late at night.

"I wonder if she's still open."

Knocking on the door, Teayre slowly opens it calling out.

"Hello is anyone home?"

Stepping into the shop Teayre's greeted by a small girl, in a blacksmiths apron.

"Hello, there welcome to Sai's Daggers and Knives, what can I do for you today?"

Sai had a massive smile on her, her hammer was in her right hand and she was waving at Teayre with her left.

Teayre's Stats for this thread

HP: 15

DMG: 3

ACC: 1

Skills -  One- Handed Curved Sword (Rank 2)

Equipment: Falchion of Accuracy  +1 ACC

Entering the building, Teayre looked around and saw a few blades and a hammer lying around the store.

"Hello there, I presume you are Sai-chan? I saw your poster by The Hogsback inn and I was wondering if you'd be able to make me a blade of some sort?"

Gleaming at her customer Sai, hopped off the counter and dragged Teayre by the hand into her back room.

"So it's a blade that you want right? I can do that for you no problems, but tell me what kind of blade do you want? Please I need  you to be very specific. All I ask is that you go and collect the materials yourself."

Nodding in agreement Teayre lets out a small laugh before scratching her head.

"Now that you say it, I've never thought much about what it looks like really I just know I wanted a Katana to start off with, lets see I want it to match my favourite outfit so red needs to be a prominent colour."

Clapping her hands together, Teayre beams at the young girl beside her.

"I've got it! I'd like a katana, with a red leathered handle whilst have a red back to the blade with the cutting edge itself being white, possibly with a snake like design on the blade. Maybe an eagle or hawk for part of the handle, actually no keep the pommel bare just the katana with the red hilt, a red back blade with a white foreblade and a snake design on it. Do you think you can do that?"

Sat listening the entire time Teayre explained the blade, the young girl nodded along whilst making notes. As Teayre finished Sai looked at her before patting her on the head.

"I think I've got everything, just correct me if I'm wrong you'd like a katana with a red and I'm presuming black leather handle. The back of the blade where I apply the clay to it is to be made of a red steel whilst the cutting edge of the blade is to be a white steel. And up the centre of the blade you'd like a snake like pattern correct? Now is that snake pattern as if a serpent's coiled up the blade or as if the blade has scales?"

"If possible Sai-chan could I have it as if the serpent is coiled along the length of the blade please? Also what materials will I need to collect for you for this?"

"That's certainly possible, as for materials... Hmmmm"

Pausing for a moment she grabs a book of a shelf and begins to reference a couple of bits.

"You'll need to gather one measure of Dragon Blood Ore which can be found on the ninth floor, that'll cover the back of the blade. For the front of the blade you'll need a measure of Ice Iron Ore, which is found on the fourth floor. The final bit you'll need lets see here is a Kobold's hide. That can be found inside the dungeon on this floor! I'll write this all down for you so you don't forget."

Quickly jotting down on a piece of paper what Teayre needs to collect Sai then hands it over to her.

"Here you go, do come back soon I'm looking forward to making this blade."

Waving farewell to her, she sends Teayre on her way.

Taking the note from Sai, she ends up being ushered out the door rather quickly. Looking down she reads the note.

Dragon Blood ore (Found inside dragon whelps on the ninth floor) x 1

Ice Iron Ore (Found on the fourth floor either in a vein or inside an ice golem (be careful though) x 1

Kobold Hide (Found in a first floor dungeon) x 1

Good luck with this and don't get yourself killed, get some health potions I'd recommend hitting the ninth floor first and then make your way back down.

Lots of luck to you

Sai

x

"Well... she certainly is cheerful I'll give her that."

Shouldering her blade she sets out to the teleport square and heads to the ninth floor.

• 1 month later...

“Right so where to start?†Looking down at the note, she sighs. “A Dragon’s Blood Ore, some Ice Iron Ore and a Kobold Hide eh? Well… Let’s start with the hardest one and see if I can find this ore…â€

Checking her falchion she nods to herself before sighing and opening her menu she quickly checks on Calrex.

“Good he’s still alive, right let’s make a move thenâ€

Heading to the portal she hits the teleportation to take her to the ninth floor, and waits as the usual swirl and dizziness over takes her. Falling to her knees as she arrives on the required floor she coughs and splutters, wiping her mouth she stands up shaking her head before taking in the sights.

“So this is Vulcan Village? It’s very… stiff isn’t it? All that metal, even the people around here where metal and cloth… now that’s odd I wonder how out of place I am with this outfit.â€

Sighing to herself she shrugs before following the signs to the single entrance to the village, arriving there she notices the bridge extending over the chasm of fire below.

“So we’re above lava… That’s just… that’s great, If I fall I die… Well That’s to be expected from Kayaba. I’ll give him this even though it’s a death game. It’s a really good game so far.â€

Stepping onto the bridge she makes her way carefully across, as she made it safely to the other side Teayre began to pant heavily.

“That… Wasn’t… Fun…â€

ID: 15025 [WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TO DESERVE THAT!]

BD: 1

MD: 10

As she regained her breath, she stood up straight looking around. Taking note of the smog ridden air, she walked to the signpost.

ß Phoenix Town

--> Granite Village & Limestone Cavern

Taking the route left Teayre begins to head to Phoenix Town, her left hand resting on the hilt of her falchion. Her eyes flicking left and right she sighs again.

“It’s not going to be worth staying on the path I’d be best to head off into the wilderness and hunt one down that way…â€

As soon as she took a couple of steps off the path, the mob spawning system kicked in and a small dragon whelp appeared in front of her. Its scales a deep red with a tinge of gold cascading throughout the creature its jaw hung open as it began to let out a cry.

Laughing Teayre at it draws her weapon, but not quickly enough as the whelp darts towards her biting down hard on her arm, causing her and to let go as she kicks the whelp free.

“That… Damnit Teayre you did it again come on girl get yourself together!â€

Jumping back she pulls her blade out, holding it out straight she grimaces.

HP LIST

Teayre:  12/15 3DMG (1 + 2 Crit)

Dragon Whelp: 25/25

• 2 weeks later...

ID:15316

BD: 8 (7 + 1 ACC)

MD: 1

Spitting Teayre removes her Falchion from its sheath lowering it towards the Dragon Whelp and starts running towards it. Her weapon swinging upwards catching the whelps chin as she arcs the blade round and cuts across the chest of the creature.

“That’s more like it come on!â€

As the beast began its counter attack Teayre deftly parried the blows as she ducked underneath a swipe of the beasts wing. Rolling she raised her blade keeping eye contact with the creature not wanting to move from her spot.

“Damnit these are tough, hopefully it won’t take too long to dispatch this thing.â€

Circling the creature keeping her breathing steady she watched as it followed her hovering in the air waiting for its next attack.

HP LIST

Teayre:  12/15

Dragon Whelp: 22/25 3 DMG ( 1 Base + 2 Skill)

ID: 15317

BD: 9 ( 8 + 1 ACC)

MD: 10

As Teayre finished her circling of the creature it swept forwards, its fangs bared trying to dive out of the way but again she was too slow the creature latches onto Teayre’s Leg. Crying out in pain Teayre rolls knocking the dragonling off her leg as she stands back up, swinging her blade round she pivots and sinks the weapon into the small creature as it struggles to stand back up. After removing her blade the dragon darts forwards again swiping its wing across her arm cutting long and deep the red crystals flying from the wound. Kneeling down Teayre spits as she hefts her weapon again looking up she eyes the creature before forcing herself to stand.

“I will not be beaten by some dumb dragon whelp.â€

HP LIST

Teayre:  9/15 3 DMG (1 + 2 Crit)

Dragon Whelp: 19/25 3 DMG ( 1 + 2 Skill)

ID: 15318

BD: 7 ( 6 + 1 ACC)
MD: 2

Rocking back and forth on her back foot Teayre smiles when she dashes forwards seeing the whelp falter for a second in its flight as her Falchion slices across the beasts chest cutting through a wing as well. The whelp letting out its pathetic roar clambers towards Teayre on its four legs, rearing its head back it attempts to spit fire out of its mouth however Teayre was already moving dodging the small ball that fell short of her anyways.

“Come on, you stupid thing just die already will you!â€

Her blade sang again as she jumped towards her foe, slicing what seemed in a wild manner at the whelps wings before she stepped back watching the creature again. Her eyes narrowed, lips thin.

“Calrex, I’m not going to die I swear it.â€

HP LIST

Teayre:  9/15

Dragon Whelp: 16/25  3 DMG ( 1 + 2 Skill)

ID: 15320

BD: 7 (6 + 1 ACC)

MD: 8

Teayre screamed as the dragon had powered towards her, its claw striking her leg. Rolling away she looks up at glares at the beast it wasn’t any larger than a King Charles Spaniel so how was it hurting her this much. Her teeth gritted she jumps left and right the beast tossing and turning its head following her movement as she jumped left swinging her falchion to the right as it struck across the creatures abdomen again the red crystals showering off of it more and more.

“Damnit, I can’t keep getting hit I’ll die if I do.â€

Pinching the back of her leg, Teayre sighs rolling her head around before facing the creature again bring her weapon up between them.

“Come on girl wake up and start fighting properly.â€

HP LIST

Teayre:  8/15 1 DMG

Dragon Whelp: 13/25  3 DMG ( 1 + 2 Skill)

ID: 15321

BD: 10 ( +2 DMG)

Bringing the blade behind her Teayre set off towards the dragon whelp diving in towards it as she struck upwards as it dodged her blade she twisted her wrist, changing the direction it was heading as it cut through the creatures wing Teayre follow it up with another slice and another and another. Flurrying her blade as it tore open the creature causing red shards to fly everywhere she jumped backwards. Her eyes watching it roar from the agony of her blows, setting her jaw Teayre charges forward her blade sailing down and cutting on the of dragons ears off.

“Yes, finally a decent hit on it.â€

Spinning her blade around her wrist Teayre pivots on her back foot twisting herself as she scans the area in case more creatures come along. Satisfied that it is only her and this whelp she eyes it up again.

“Right, time to finish you.â€

HP LIST

Teayre:  9/15

Dragon Whelp: 8/25  5 DMG ( 1 + 2 Skill + 2 Crit)

ID: 15324

BD: 1

MD: 8

As Teayre was twisting herself around the dragon had lunged in for the attack its wings cutting her along her arms, chest and legs. Falling over the girl rolls backwards hissing as she stood up.

“I’m going to kill you for that, whelp.â€

Her blade to her right she dashes in swinging low which the creature nimbly avoids by taking flight as she swings high the creature plummets back down stopping its flight her attack missing yet again.

“Damnit! I swear I’ll kill you and get sword you annoying git!â€

Sweeping her leg forward she has a slice following it but aimed slightly higher the dragon had jumped back to avoid both of them a small rolling chuckle could be heard coming from its small lungs. Teayre’s bared her teeth as if she was a wild animal glaring at the dragon.

HP LIST

Teayre:  8/15 1 DMG

Dragon Whelp: 8/25

ID: 15753

BD: 10 (9 + 1 ACC) [+1 DMG]

MD: 5

The dragon whelp began snapping at Teayre who parried the blows easily with her falchion, her teeth gritted she begins a counter attack the whelp kept dodging. Smiling grimly Teayre eyed the whelp up as it continued to evade her blows.

“Damnit you think let. Me. Hit. You!â€

Swinging wildly the falchion moved faster this time, as the dragon managed to avoid the first several attacks the falchion cut into its flesh as the fourth attack went in. A sweeping lower cut to its legs. The fifth and sixth attacks struck just as easily. Panting Teayre eyes up the small beast.

“You should be dead soon… You will die before me.â€

HP LIST

Teayre:  8/15

Dragon Whelp: 4/25 4 DMG (1 + 2 Skill + 1 Crit)

ID: 15754

MD:  1

Careening her blade back around Teayre didn’t let up her previous assault as she began another flurry of blows this time whilst they still bit into the raw scales of the dragon they weren’t as fast or deep as before. The smallish drake took a few steps back as it started to cough, smoke coming from its nostrils. Raising its head back up there was a small ball of fire with in its mouth, her blade in front of her Teayre readies herself to dodge to one side as the creature then keels over, the fire fading. Her eyes flicking to Beleram she sees him, flying high up in the sky occasionally letting loose a loud shriek.

HP LIST

Teayre:  8/15

Dragon Whelp: 1/25 3 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill)

ID: 15755

BD: 3 (2 + 1 ACC)

MD: 9 [+ 1 DMG)

As Teayre approached the coughing dragon her blade raised for the kill its head jerked back for a second as it spat the fire directly into Teayre’s chest, flying back she crashes into a ruined pillar. Coughing she pushes herself to her feet as the brushes herself down her blade out to her side. Taking a step forward Teayre falls to one knee, using her blade and her hand to support herself she spits some blood out.

“You! YOU! I’ll kill you, you are –not- taking me away from Calrex I swear it.â€

HP LIST

Teayre: 6/15 2 DMG (1 + 1 Crit)

Dragon Whelp 1/25

ID: 15756

BD: 5 (4 + 1 ACC)

MD: 7

As she shoves herself to her feet the dragon whelp swoops in, catching her face with the talon at the edge of its wing. Her head whipping to the right Teayre spins falling flat on her back. Slowly she attempts to stand back up again when the same thing happens. The small girl waits for a second before standing swinging her blade when she thought she was hit, she hears a soft thud as her falchion is batted away by the whelps tail.

“Damnit, I will do this, I have to get stronger… I have to survive for Calrex.â€

HP LIST

Teayre: 5/15 1 DMG

Dragon Whelp 1/25

ID: 15757

LD 16

As her hand is jerked away by the dragon deflecting her blow Teayre spins using the moment from the creature’s parry to empower her next attack. As she pivots she twists her hand raising the sword up through the dragon whelp cleaving it into two. Falling to her knees she puts her hands on the floor panting as the loot window pops up in front of her. Slowly angling her head so that she can see, it had dropped the material that Sai was after.

Teayre receives 1 x Dragon Blood Ore and 125 col.

As her breathing returned to normal Teayre whistled to Beleram who came and perched on her shoulder before she ran back to the safe zone within the floor and ported to the fourth floor where her next material awaits.

HP LIST

Teayre: 5/15

Dragon Whelp -2/25 3 DMG (1 + 2 Skill)

Dragon’s Blood Ore: 1/1

Ice Iron Ore: 0/1

Kobold Hide: 0/1

ID: 15838

LD: 20

Staggering a bit as she entered the fourth floor Teayre caught her breath fairly quickly, as she looked round she breathed in shivering from the chill in the air that was the fourth floor. Rubbing her arms she headed straight out of the town and ducked down into a small ravine, her head turning left and right she found no signs of anything. Drawing her blade Teayre found a small rocky outcrop in which she began chipping away at, sparks flew from the falchion as then feeling a small bump on her foot Teayre looks down. Chuckling to herself she squats down and picks up the <Ice Iron Ore> from the floor and adding it to her inventory headed back to the teleportation area.

Dragon’s Blood Ore: 1/1

Ice Iron Ore: 1/1

Kobold Hide: 0/1

“Floor One, Starting City!â€

Barking her order at the device Teayre was whisked away and found herself back by where she had first met Calrex, blushing slightly she heads down to the Starlight Café where she slips inside and orders a strawberry sundae and a hot chocolate. Sitting twiddling her thumbs as she waited for the waiter to bring it over Teayre leans back and closes her eyes going for a small snooze. As the waiter came over he placed the food down on the table without looking at Teayre, offering him a small smile in return she passed the col onto him. Tucking in at a ravenous speed as usual Teayre demolished the desert before downing her drink in one.

“Right Beleram, let’s go and get this Kobold Hide for Sai.â€

With that she set out to the main gates heading into the wilderness.

ID: 15839

BD: 10

MD: 6

As she meandered her way into one of Floor Ones many forests Teayre hears some chatter from up ahead as she stepped forward she was suddenly thrust back by a jagged spear thrusting into her side. Drawing her falchion Teayre knocks the weapon away before it causes too much damage. Searching in the brush for her opponent Teayre spots a small mottled red kobold who had started thrusting wildly at Teayre. Taking several of the smaller hits she ducks in her blade locking down the weapon as soon as she was close enough she twitched her wrist cutting the kobold across the neck and down through the chest.

HP LIST

Teayre: 6/15 1 DMG

Kobold: 3/8 5 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Crit)

ID: 15840

MD: 5

As Teayre moved away from the previous attack the kobold began to harass her again continuing with another series of thrusts each of which were deftly blocked, parried or dodged. Within the blink of an eye Teayre was stood behind the kobold her weapon ran up its spine cleaving it into two. Checking the loot window Teayre finds that it had dropped the needed hide and with that she accepted the loot dismissing the window in the process, sheathing her blade Teayre looks around for other mobs. Not finding any she quickly hurries back to Starting City.

HP LIST

Teayre: 6 /15

Kobold: 0/8 3 DMG (1 + 2 Skill)