[SP-F6] <Calming the Soul> A swim in the plunge pool.

Teayre visited the sixth floor yet again, she scratched Beleram's head.

"Say Beleram, do you fancy coming with me on a walk?"

Hearing his screech, she chuckled before setting off into the jungle, sticking to the paths her ears pricked in case of any danger coming for her.

"You know, there's something I've been meaning to for a while Beleram, and that is..."

She stopped before quickly grabbing Beleram gently but firmly and tickled the eagle.

"See if eagles are ticklish!"

Beleram began to scramble and caw in laughter to the onslaught of tickles from Teayre. Stopping she allowed her familiar to return to his perch on her shoulder, where he stretched his wings out before bringing them shut very quickly slapping the back of Teayre's head as he did so.

"Ouch! Well I guess I deserved that didn't I Bele?"

A quick nip to her, made Teayre realise that shortening her beloved familiars name was a step short of suicide.

"Sorry, Beleram I didn't mean to upset you"

Gently she began to scratch his head again.

"You know Beleram, I've heard stories of a waterfall around here that's meant to allow you to calm your own soul... Whatever that means I'm wondering if you fancied joining me for a swim there at all?"

A nibble from the eagle on her cheek, got a giggle from Teayre.

"I guess that's a yes then, right if I was told correctly it was this way..."

Drawing her blade Teayre begins to hack at some of the foliage clearing a path through the trees as she deviates from the track. Eventually she arrives at a clearing and sees a wondrous sight.

In the centre there was a waterfall, behind it a cliff so high that you couldn't see the top of it, a rainbow shone off of the waterfall fading into the trees as Teayre slowly approached all manner of plant life around the vibrant colours filling the clearing with a sense of life and calm. Beleram squawked as he took off from his master's shoulder and flew as high as he could before plummeting back down to the earth cutting through the waterfall.

"Say this is lovely here isn't it Beleram."

• 2 months later...

Looking into the centre of the waterfall a small window pops up in front of Teayre, looking at it her mouth drops slightly.

“So this is actually a quest, well… Why not.â€

<Calming the Soul>

A quest in which you must fight your inner demons.

O – Accept         X – Decline

Pressing the accept button Teayre sits down on the rock in front of the waterfall, as Beleram takes off she gazes into the falling water slowly closing her eyes and steadying her breathing, as she starts to slowly empty her mind of all thoughts and feelings.

Opening her eyes Teayre began to stare into the waters again seeing a small girl come running out crying, wrapping her arms around her Teayre began to comfort her. “Hey there, what’s up?†The small girl could only shake her head as she buried her head into Teayre’s chest. Looking back up she sees a dark shadow loom over them from the waterfall, tightening her grip around the small girl she gently kisses the top of her head. “It’ll be alright okay, shall I make that horrible darkness go away?†The small girl nodded, looking at her Teayre thought she was familiar. “Say, what’s your name sweet-“

A great deep booming voice interrupted her Teayre’s head shot up as she recognised it, her eyes going wide and her grip tightening around the younger girl much more.

“LISS! NARLIA! WHERE ARE YOU HIDING?â€

"F-F-Father..."

Holding her sister tighter Teayre turned her back to the shadow as a figure began to loom over her, feeling something small collide with her back Teayre bit her lips as Liss began to cry underneath her. Sushing the small girl Teayre gently stroked her hair. “Why are you hiding girls? I told you to get ready.†Shaking her head she kept her sister within her arms. “If I tell you something you must do it okay? No matter what it is!†Hearing those words Teayre flinched, this wasn’t just the game echoing her fears this was a full immersion into her memories. “It’ll be alright Liss okay, It’ll be alright.â€

Teayre's Stats for this thread

HP: 57/57 / 6 DMG / 1 ACC / 3 EVA / 1 MIT / 1 MOM

ID: 15981

BD: 1 (+1 to next BD roll as miss)

MD 5 (7 – 3 EVA + 1 ACC)

Standing Teayre rolls forwards diving down into the plunge pool, looking back up she sees the shadowy figure following her. Watching where she’s going she kicks her feet navigating into the more open lake area hoisting herself up onto the side she looks down seeing a red stain on her clothes. Tears coating her face she draws her blade as the shadowy figure emerges from the water slashing at it she slips landing on her back as the figure walks over to her taking the form of an older man with a scarred face, piercing red eyes with black hair. “So this is where you’ve been hiding eh Narlia? Well now since your sister was a good girl and listened to me to go to her room I shouldn’t be surprised that you’d be disobeying me now should I?†His fist smacked into the ground as Teayre rolled away getting to her feet lowering her blade watching her father, no the man before her crack his neck.

Teayre: 57/57

Shade of the Past: 50/50

Shade of the Pasts Stats:

HP: 50

DMG: 3

ACC: 1

EVA: 0

MIT: 0

ID: 15983

BD: 6 (4 + 1 ACC + 1 MOM)

MD 1 (4 – 3 EVA)

“No… You… You aren’t my father… You’re just a power hungry man. I never had a father.â€

Her eyes glanced up at the person in front of her flicking the tip up she catches his fist before spinning it away to the side and slashing the apparition in front of her across the torso. The shadowy figure returned her father’s voice echoing out in its low tone.

“You what? Listen Narlia I am your father and you will obey me!â€

“You just don’t get it do you? You boss us around all the time like we’re your slaves but we’re not we’re our own people!â€

Putting her foot back she adopts the forward fighting stance her katana held in front of her the point level with her eyes. Spitting at the foot of the figure she narrows her eyes, lips thing.

“Bring it.â€

Shade of the Past: 44/50 6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics)

ID: 15990

BD: 11 (10 + 1 ACC)

MD: 5 (7 – 3 EVA + 1 ACC)

As the man tried to punch her Teayre dodged the attack her katana smacking into his guy, causing him to double over. Flourishing her blade Teayre drives it point down through where his heart would be feeling a crack, she flicks her blade cutting through the torso as she removes it. Lightly lacerating his arms Teayre snarled at him.

â€œDon’t. You. Ever. Come. Near. Me. Or. My. Sister. AGAIN!â€

The figure chuckled as the red crystals faded before it morphed into another figure this one was slightly shorter than the original with black hair. Her eyes black as well, small red crystals spat out of her arms and legs regularly.

“Or what Onee-chan? You couldn’t protect me before you won’t be able to protect me now. There’s nothing you can do.â€

Shade of the Past: 34/50 10 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics + 2 Crit + 2 Bleed) [bleed: 1 Turn]

ID: 15993

BD: 10 (9 + 1 ACC) [+1 DMG]

MD: 5 (7 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA)

“No! That’s… That’s not true! I’ll protect you… I’ll…â€

Teayre’s voice faded off as her tears streamed down her face, looking up she saw the Shade’s mouth twist into an unnatural grimace as it lunged for her. Its hand was curled like a claw would be as it bringing the Oikawa Kanashiki down Teayre turns her wrists sharply sending the hand away from her as she started hacking at the back of the creature.

“You’re not my sister, my sister died at…â€

Taking a deep breath Teayre looks at the form of her sister that was stood there in front of her cackling away.

“Not your sister? Wrong I am your sister, everything you hated about her. How you always took the blade, her punishments you loathed her with her black hair and brown eyes didn’t you. Can’t say I blame you but you know you were the best older sister she could have had. Until your he cottoned on and started punishing her to.â€

Shade of the Past: 25/50 9 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics + 1 Crit + 2 Bleed) [bleed: 1 Turn (Reapplied)]

The form in front of her began to shift yet again as she watched it, her mouth dropping taking her Matriarch’s Stinger she jabs it into her arm grunting as the flowing shadows began to solidify into someone she knew on site without looking at. Before her stood a boy with blue hair in his starting gear holding his hand out as it to shake her.

â€œN… N… No… NOT HIM ANYONE BUT HIMâ€

The figure looked up at her and ran forwards giving her a quick hug, smiling at her his eyes sparking.

“Teayre I’ve been looking all over for you, we were at the Hogsback you remember I said I loved you and you said you loved me… You meant that didn’t you? You meant that right?â€

Yanking the stinger out Teayre dropped to the floor crying as she felt her heart ache, looking up she saw her health bar drop drastically.

Teayre: 50/57 7 DMG – Words Cutting Deep

Shade of the Past 25/50

[Matriarch's Stinger used + 1 DMG for Thread Duration]

ID: 15995

BD: 3 (2 + 1 ACC)

MD: 6 (8 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA)

“Where those words lies Teayre? Did you really love me at all? You didn’t did you? You just planned on using me until you could shove me off at the side of the road didn’t you?â€

“No I never Callie… I was never going to do that you were the first one to help me… To accept me...â€

Clenching and unclenching her hands she looks up at the Shade of Calrex watching as he brings his hand across his body and slap her hard across the face his knuckle cutting into her cheek as crystals flew out.

“I swear… I was never going to hurt you… No… No one said they’d loved me before Cal…â€

Teayre: 48/57 2 DMG (3 – 1 MIT)

Shade of the Past 23/50 2 Bleed DMG

ID: 15996

BD: 4 (2 + 1 ACC  + 1 LM)

MD: 6 (8 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA)

“Don’t give me that bull, I know you were going to stab me in the back. It always happens everyone always does it!â€

Tears now streaming down her face freely as she looked up at Calrex, her mouth just hanging open as she was unable to speak her eyes wide. Tightening her grip she shuts her mouth as Calrex punches her face causing her fly across the ground a short distance.

“You’re just like the rest. You know what you never loved me did you, well guess what I never loved you. Pitied you if anything! Such a weak girl, what could she do on her own?â€

“C-Cal-“

“Don’t you dare speak my name. Don’t you dare talk to me.â€

Teayre: 46/57 2 DMG (3 – 1 MIT)

Shade of the Past 23/50

ID: 15997

BD: 10

MD: 10

Seeing the boots come over to her Teayre looks up unable to move as she was kicked rolling over she ended up face down looking into the water.

“Fighting me demons huh… I was this scared of Calrex hating me? Not loving me? Can I cope with it? Can I deal with it? I guess… I guess I have no choice really.â€

“What’s that shortie? You want to go for a swim? Well I’ll happily oblige but I want to have a little fun first.â€

Letting out a gasp as she feels a weight on her lower back, screaming in pain as it is lifted and then slammed down again and again repeatedly. Almost blacking out she rests her head in the water before looking up her fingers were still clasped around the Oikawa Kanashiki. It was his gift, the real Calrex’s gift not this imposter.

“Don’t lie to me. You evil son of a… Don’t you lie to ME!â€

Forcing herself to her feet Teayre whirls round her blade catching the fake Calrex across the cheek, he raises a hand to the wound laughing at her.

“Is that all? Is that all you can do?â€

“No… It’s not.â€

Stepping forward Teayre begins to attack in a standard hacking pattern that was the beginner level of Kendo, head, shoulder, ribcage. As she lowered the blade to guard again she stepped for her blade coming back slightly as she thrust it through his torso again.

Teayre: 42/57 4 DMG (3 Base + 2 Crit – 1 MIT)

Shade of the Past 12/50 11 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Wea + 1 Ath + 2 Crit + 2 Bleed + 1 Stinger) [bleed: 1 Turn]

ID: 15998

BD: 10 (8 + 1 ACC  + 1 Concentration)

MD: 1

The shadow form shifted again this time the armour, her gift had formed in front of her. The slightly muffled voice of her fiancée echoed out from within it. The sea blue blade being drawn Teayre looked at it and sighed. This wasn’t going to let up any time soon, she knew it wasn’t Calrex but why? Why was it feeling like this was her partner what did it feel like it was her Calrex there and not just a shade.

“The wedding is off Teayre, I know you don’t love me… You just want my items… Even the one you gifted me. That hurts Teayre. That hurts I can’t believe you’d stoop so low after so much.â€

The boy wasted no time in charging Teayre his <<Sprint>> skill activating so that he became a blur, as Teayre paused for a moment she knew exactly where he’d turn up. Her eyes opening her blade moving almost on its own she parries the shade Calrex’s attack pivoting on her feet she steps in range cutting him along the chest before turning around and slashing him swiftly on his back.

“If you were the really Calrex you’d know I wouldn’t do that. He means too much to me to do that to.â€

Teayre: 42/57

Shade of the Past 3/50 9 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Wea + 1 Ath + 1 Stinger + 2 Bleed) [bleed: 1 Turn (refreshed)

Shades Stats for Rest of Fight

10HP / 7 DMG / +2 ACC / 3 EVA / 1 LM / 1 MIT

Watching it carefully Teayre begins to back up as it morphs and starts to change yet again. Narrowing her eyes a small red headed girl, in a red flowing coat with a white feather in her hair appeared before her, the wounds on the creature seemed to disappear as it took on its new form.

“That looks like…â€

The small girl laughed in front of her the familiar katana was held in her hands, as the creature she was facing brought its katana back to it and licked the tip of it smiling at Teayre.

“Well that’s certainly tasty killing that player… I think he’s my third… I wonder how many more I can… Oh another one? She looks like me… or At least me before I had to kill him… He tried to kill me so I had no choice you know… That poor Calrex… Watching him bleed was fun.â€

Teayre: 42/57

Shade of the Past 10/50

ID: 16000

BD: 5 (7 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA) [+1 next BD due to LM )

MD: 6 (7 + 2 ACC – 3 EVA)

“You… You killed Calrex? W-Why… He’s… HE’S OUR CALLIE-KUN!â€

Teayre fell to the floor again just watching as the image of herself walked around her, the katana placed at her neck Teayre found that she had begun to cry again as the blade cut into her skin.

“It’s quite simple really.â€

“No… No it’s not quite simple.â€

“My numbers were bigger than his.â€

“W-what but how? I’m weaker than him… I…. He’s strong…â€

“Although he did wonder where his god was, he didn’t realise that I was right there.â€

“No… It can’t be happening Why? WHY DID YOU KILL HIM?â€

“Because I was fresh out of mercy and guess what.â€

“You... Killed him… I’LL KILL YOU!â€

“Nope wrong answer, I’m still out of mercy.â€

With that the shade began slashing at Teayre’s body as she looked at the ground her body shaking as she cried.

“C…. Callie-kun…â€

Teayre: 36/57 6 DMG (7 DMG – 1 MIT)

Shade of the Past 10/50

ID: 16001

BD: 1 [+1 to Next BD – LM)

Throwing herself to her feat the true Oikawa Kanashiki in hand Teayre brought it up as it met the shades.  Several blows were exchanged between the duo as neither could get an edge on the other. Looking up at the shade of herself Teayre could see she wasn’t fazed by the blows, the little pain was toying with her. Gritting her teeth Teayre locked their blades bringing their faces close as she spat at her image.

“You will know pain.â€

The image of her just grinned back laughing at her, taunting her.

“You know I’m getting real tired of your lovey dovey crap.â€

Pushing on her Katana she feels her foe do the same as they both strike downwards sending both of them sliding backwards.

Teayre: 36/57

Shade of the Past 10/50

ID: 16002

BD: 2 (4 + 1 ACC – 3 EVA)

MD: 10

“I guess I’d better end this… It’s fun but I’ve got people to kill and places to be you see… It’s not that I don’t enjoy… Why am I going to lie, that’s something we never do isn’t that right Teayre. We’re always brutally honest, it hurts doesn’t it? But we are brutally honest. Just like the fact I killed Calrex, Kotori. Oh and the best one of all, though I think you’ll thank me for this are you ready? I killed X! He was my first… That irritation I just couldn’t take it any longer.â€

“Huh… So at least you did one good thing.â€

As Teayre muttered out her words she felt a sharp pain echo throughout her body, looking up her breath catches in her throat. Eyes wide she looks down to see a copy of the Oikawa Kanashiki twisting in her stomach.

“Is that the… Best you’ve got?â€

“Not dead yet? Well that’s good, I suppose I had to be tenacious to get where I am now.â€

Teayre: 28/57 8 DMG (7 DMG + 2 Crit – 1 Mit)

Shade of the Past 10/50

ID: 16003

BD: 1

MD: 7 (8 + 2 ACC – 3 EVA)

“Are you finished yet? I mean… I’m certain Calrex pounded you harder than this when you wrestled with him. He was never a pushover in combat.â€

“He was useless, not even a finger could touch me for someone who has the martial arts skill he wasn’t that adept.â€

Grinning to herself she spat at the shade, the piece of metal in her stomach was twisted some more before being ripped out of her and slashed across her chest. Falling to her knees Teayre supported herself on her katana as she watched the footsteps walk away. The blackness swirled around her again this time it formed back up in front of her. The dark claw gripped at her neck as it threw her towards the centre point again. Landing on the rock Teayre touched the waterfall with her back.

“It was that thing all along… I have to finish this.â€

Shades Stats Changed Again

3 DMG / +1 ACC

Teayre: 26/57 2 DMG (3 DMG – 1 MIT)

Shade of the Past 10/50

ID: 16004

BD: 12 (10 + 1 ACC + 1 LM)

LD: 16

“No… NO! All those things you showed me? They’re all lies. They don’t exist. They’re images of what could of happened if I wasn’t who I am.â€

Watching the shadow blackness of her demons climb towards her Teayre lets out a chilling breath, shedding a single tear. The darkness of her heart was before her, she couldn’t falter she couldn’t stop.

“You… Will… Succumb… To… Me… Feed… Me… Tea… Yre…â€

Her mind went blank Teayre dashed activating the <Sprint> skill she ducks underneath the strike from it water spraying up everywhere around them.  Weaving in and out of the creatures attacks her Katana cutting every small square milimeter of the beast she stopped on the central rock again her katana out to the side as the shade burst into crystals.

"No I wont, I'll protect Calrex. No matter what it takes I will make him live."

Teayre: 26/57

Shade of the Past -1 /50 11 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Wea + 2 Crit + 2 Bleed + 1 Stinger + 1 Ath)