Any advice (haven't forum RPed on anything for a while... need some help)

Hello! And my brain hurts from reading the guides...

I've been wondering what to do at first. I originally thought about doing SAO at first, then I saw ALO, GGO, and then all of the other sections... So far I'm leaning towards GGO however I might start off with SAO first since the guides mainly stick to that.

Any advice? My brain hurts from reading the guides, and it's due to the mass amount of information. The dice roll system is new to me and even though I can sum most of the guide up, it's extremely hard for me to understand. This is probably because I haven't tried to forum RP for a while and I just finished homework.

Any advice you can give me about ANYTHING on this website would be wonderful! Thanks!

Hey there. Well that's good. You're learning :D Continue to read!

Most RPs are at SAO, so I recommend to stay at SAO!

You're going to have to give me some questions here. I can't really answer anything without questions :D

Well. You can message me if you need some assistance with RP!

So basically, what it's going to come down to is that you're going to have to read the guides again for full understanding. But in the meantime, I'll try to give you a general overview of how things work around here, haha.

Absolute Basics:
General Things
- So first of all, the forum is split into different sections, as you can see. As of now, you'll be posting in the Floors 1-10 section, which will contain plenty of threads with various names and labels. Each of these topics is its own story and RP.
-- There are three types of RP's you can create or participate in. [sP] = Solo Player, meaning the topic creator will be the only participant allowed. [PP] = Private Party, meaning the only allowed participants will be people allowed and specified by the creator prior to starting. [OP] = Open Party, meaning anybody and everybody is allowed.
- Try to avoid posting twice in a row, unless in a SP thread. If needed, edit your post.
- Try to keep your posts longer than a sentence, as one-liners are discouraged.
- Your level is determined by your post count, and will automatically update accordingly. Your level also determines your health, with your HP being: [(Level)(2)] + 2. In other words, twice your level, plus three. I.E., a level 10 would have 23 HP.

Combat Basics
- Combat here is determined by the dice roll system, as you've already noticed. The roller can be found by clicking the "Perma Roller" button found near the button of every page, which you'll use whenever you're in combat. You fill in your character's name and link the topic or post that you'll be using your roll for, so as to prevent cheating. After you submit, you'll be given the following values:
-- ID: This is just the ID number, used by GM's for confirmation purposes. Include this whenever rolling.
-- BD: This is your Battle Die value, which ranges from 1 to 10. 1 is a critical miss, meaning that you'd miss even if you happened to have +99 Accuracy. Rolls of 4-5 are regular misses doing no damage, but may be converted into hits if one has enough accuracy. 6-8 are normal hits, and will perform your standard amount of damage (which I'll define later). 9 is a critical, which deals your standard amount of damage +1. 10 is a "hyper critical", which deals your normal damage +2. Both 9 and 10 will never miss, even if you're suffering -99 Accuracy.
-- CD: This is your Crafting Die value, which will normally only be used for crafting purposes (explained later), but you might also refer to it for one of the available skills.
-- LD: This is your Loot Die, which is referred to whenever you manage to kill a mob (monster/enemy). Using the same roll in which you delivered the finishing blow, you consult your LD. If you roll a 1-10, you get nothing but 1 material (explained later). If you roll an 11-18, you get 1 material along with the choice of either a "good item", or col (money) equal to the HP of the mob multiplied by 5. If you roll a 19 or 20, you get either 2 materials and col equal to the HP of the mob x 5, or you can get an "uncommon item" (explained later).
-- MD: This is your Mob Die, which determines how successful the mob's attack is for each round. You can either roll it separately in a different post from your own, or roll it along with your own post. This is up to you, but be aware that if you separate them, you'll be expected to add in enough detail to make it worthwhile. Mob Die rolls correlate with and work in the same way as BD rolls, meaning a 1 is a miss and a 10 is standard damage +2, etc.

Currency
- Col: Col is your standard form of money. Think gold, in most RPG's. You can use it to make transactions with other players, and it's gained in four ways:
-- You gain 400 col for every page (20 posts in a topic) that you complete. So if you were to make a PP and wrote 40 posts, you'd get 800 col.
-- You can also get col as loot, assuming you roll an 11 or higher on your LD when killing a mob. This is combined with the page col, and the sum of these two is what you'll gain after completing a topic.
-- You can gain col through other players as payment when selling items, through bounties, or even just as gifts.
-- Finally, you can gain col as a quest reward. This is fairly rare, but it'll be self explanatory when you see it. This will be added in conjunction to the page col and any col you gain from loot.

- Materials: Materials are a secondary, a pseudo-currency.
-- These are gained by killing mobs that meet certain health requirements. In order for a mob to drop a material, it has to have at least half of the highest level player, while also having at least twice the health of the floor number.
-- For example, if you were to have 20 health on floor 10, the mob would have to have at least 20 health (due to the requirement of needing twice the health of the floor level). But if you were to have 20 health on floor 5, it would only require 10 health to drop loot (due to the requirement of needing half the health of the highest level player).
--- Materials are useful in crafting (explained later).

Shops and Crafting
- You can buy stuff from other players, as well as make stuff from other players in the shops section, found under the Floors 1-10 forum.
-- In order to set up your own shop, you must have completed the "Earning a Living" quest and chosen a profession.

Okay, this is the part where I admit that I've lost the will to continue summarizing all of these guides en masse, haha. So unfortunately, I'll have to end this here rather abruptly. But in any case, feel free to contact any PST members or GM's if you have any questions. They're very helpful, and can pretty much answer anything you might be confused about.

PST Members (off the top of my head): Baldur, Clarence, Life, RyujinSeaLord
GM's (also off the top of my head): Mari, Oske, Zero, Daeron

I know I have to be missing people here, but you'll be able to identify PST members through their bolded black usernames. There are also a few other GM's, but you may or may not see them online, as I believe they're currently inactive.

Other than that, welcome to SAO!

Hey there. Well that's good. You're learning :D Continue to read!

Most RPs are at SAO, so I recommend to stay at SAO!

You're going to have to give me some questions here. I can't really answer anything without questions :D

Well. You can message me if you need some assistance with RP!

-snip-

Even I forget some things from the guides. To make sure I get EVERYTHING right, I always re-open guides when I'm roleplay. I tend to leave open the loot guide open, along with the skill and enhancement guide. 

Thank you to all of you! However, I have read up some more (after getting well-rested after doing somethings I needed to do) and have grasped the majority of the concepts. However, it will take me a bit more time to be able to fully understand, but I am getting there!

Also, Oske your sig is a bit outdated since 2*24+3=51.

Thank you to all of you! However, I have read up some more (after getting well-rested after doing somethings I needed to do) and have grasped the majority of the concepts. However, it will take me a bit more time to be able to fully understand, but I am getting there!

Also, Oske your sig is a bit outdated since 2*24+3=51.

That happens more often than you think, as you'll find one you start gaining levels :P

Also, my tip would be: Don't try to write Shakespeare. Start a thread, meet some people, let everything sort of marinate, and then go boar hunting with a friend. It's a very dangerous sport at low levels.