SP-F1 <<Feeding the Enemy>> "Porthos"

People fascinate me at times. They come in all shaped and sizes. All different backgrounds. I was sitting on a park bench when an older woman approached me. She was dressed in a ratty shawl and had a voice like someone who had smoked for years. "Hello deary...would you like to find a new friend here in Aincrad? I can help you find a little friend to keep you company..we all need friends her in Aincrad..I used to have friends you know..."

"I'm sorry ma'am, Are you okay? Do you need some help? Or are you some kind of quest giver? What do you mean you used to?" "Too many questions young one...I am simply here to help you find a friend...do you want to find a friend deary? I don't want you to end up like me deary, all alone in this big world..." I pondered the old woman's words as a quest request appeared on my HUD "Feeding the Enemy"...huh sounds a bit...interesting. I'll gladly accept!" I clicked the "accept" bar.

The quest requested that I take some food with me. I stopped by a merchants booth and purchased a few pieces of sweet bread. (-5 col) I started out towards the forest hoping to find the "friend" the old woman told me about. I wonder if it's going to be a great warrior or an ancient lore master! The possibilities seem to be endless, but the "enemy" part of the quest is what concerns me, I hope that It doesn't get me into too much trouble. I'd hate to get into much trouble right now, I've been trying to relax a bit

Walking through the forest I decided to head towards the hills Baldur showed me a few nights back. He said after all that the view was even more gorgeous in the daylight. The walk was a bit arduous but through the power and skills I acquired throughout the past few days, it was more invigoration and refreshing rather than long and exhausting. The sun was a bit warmer than usual, It's funny to think that weather would even be a thing in this world. After all the games climate could be changed with a flick of a finger in a GM's hands.

Animals scuttled back and forth. The squirrels played, chasing each other from tree to tree. The birds fly through the sky, searching for their next bite or their next bath. I love watching nature, it is one of the most pure sights to behold. Untouched, unscathed. It makes me feel a sense of humanity. I miss the days when Donnie and I would just walk through the parks, reminiscing about crazy days we have had. The people we had met, the girls we had dated. We even shared our dreams of what life would be like if we were like the "normals".  

I spotted a large boar, looked to be about my level. A rare sight in these parts of the first floor! It must have either killed a few players, or just survived this long on its own. I quietly approached the boar, it rustled itself as it clearly noticed my presence. It moved towards me with caution. This animal obviously had battled before! I readied my footing for a strike and lunged at the beast, ready to deal some damage.

ID#12506

BD:7

MD:3

DMG: Xanatos= 4

My blade struck deep into the boar. It did not seem to pain him too much. I noticed the scars above its eyes. Someone tortured this animal.

Xanatos: 22/22

Boar 7/11

The boar shook of my blow as if it had never happened. It shook it's fur and scrapped it's hooves into the ground. The boar was ready to charge at any moment. The intensity in its eyes grew stronger and stronger. I wonder what kinf od player or even NPC would do such a thing to this creature. If this is their victim, where are they now? The boar charged at me ready to gore me in half. I prepared for my counter attack.

ID#12507

BD:10

MD:10

DMG: Xanatos=4 (+2)=6 Boar= 3

The both landed our marks expertly. The boars tusks drove deep into my side while my blade practically disemboweled him.

Xanatos 19/22

Boar 1/11

The boar laid on it's side breathing heavily. It had suffered so much pain and agony throughout the course of it's life. I was somewhat happy about being able to end it;s suffering. It was time to end it. I readiied my blade at its head, ready to stab it through. The boar huffed and puffed, it seemed almost relieved at the idea of death.

ID#12508

BD: 8

MD:DEAD

LD:3 (no extra loot)

My blade struck through the boars head. It's body pixelated and disappeared  into the sky. "1 Material" Well at least in the end it provided something of value.

I sat down and cleaned of Digitzer. Through all of it's battle I sometimes forget to maintain her properly. Honestly the reason why I loved a rapier more than any other blade escaped me. I enjoyed their poise and elegance as a weapon. I once watched an older gentleman in the park duel another man with a rapier. They wore white gear and enjoyed themselves with an audience. The crowds cheered while I watched in amazement of their technique. The flowing movements back and forth. It was a symbol of pure elegance.   

Once the duel had ended with the elder gentleman winning they both bowed in respect to each other. A perfect ending to a perfect event! Perhaps I will sponsor a rapier tournament for the players. An opportunity for each to show their mettle in elegance and strength. Haha maybe Azide would even consider having S1 sponsor the event. Use it as a bit of a recruiting tool. The prospect made me excited as I stood up. I took a further look around to see a man staring at me from afar. How long had he been watching me?

I ran towards the ridge he was standing on. His dark silhouette casting a shadow on the grass below him. "Who are you?" I yell from the ground. The man laughs loudly and jumps off the ridge into the ground in front of me. "Why I am "The Tamer" hahaha. Have you come in search for a friend? That gypsy woman always seems to think a mere player can beat me. Ever since I killed all of her pets she hopes that someday some puny kid can best me and avenge her "friends".

So that's what the gypsy woman meant by "used" to... This man killed them all. "You'll pay for your crimes, Tamer. You have violated the laws of nature. Are you the one responsible for the "taming" of this poor boar I have slain?" "Oh! do you like it? the strikes above their eyes really adds to their personality!" This man was obviously deranged. Crazy. Sadistic. Suddenly a couple boars jumped down from the ridge. "Come come, join the old woman's friends in the afterlife."

The man drew a whip to his side. It was leathery and coarse, some glass flared from the tip. He ordered his boars to attack to me. The man rushed at me wildly with his whip. It was more difficult to evade his attacks. The whip was radical in its movements. I drew my blade ready to defends myself.

ID#12510

BD:4 (+2)=6

MD:5

DMG: Xanatos=4 Tamer=0 Boars=0

The man missed my face narrowly , I retorted and struck his face. A deep gash formed in his cheek. "One must be ready to die when they face me. Murderer" 

Xanatos= 19/22

Tamer=2/6

Boars=4/4

The Tamer stepped back and sent his boars after me, they seemed to move as one unit. They were trained well, but the scars on their bodies showed that they were forced to be this synchronized. I readied myself to dodge their charge and strike a blow of my own. 

ID#12511

BD:8

MD: DEAD

DMG: Xanatos=4 Boars= DEAD

The boars ran straight across my blade. They seemed to have already been weakened by their masters punishments. Just goes to show that evil masters have no true power in those that they rule with fear.

Xanatos" 19/22

Boars DEAD

As the Tamer began his next attack, A strange bird flew in from the sky. It's feathers like sunlight, its beak as bright as day. It was a phoenix! My guess is that it sensed the evil within the Tamer towards the animals. Phoenix tend to be protective of their territory as the stories go. I tried to summon the bird to me, to help me fight the Tamer.

ID#12512

LD:17 (Success but no added attributes.)

The phoenix flew down, chirping as it landed on my shoulder. I felt a sense of connection with nature with this creature on my person. As if the world had my back.

phoenix-bird-2-cool-wallpaper.png

The Tamer looked at me in disgust as the Phoneix landed on me. "You think that mangy bird will help you? Hahaha it is a coward, it will not fight me. It has watched me kill so many of it's friends. Now it will watch me kill you!" The Tamer whipped about in a frenzy, his weapon thrashing wildly towards me. The Phoenix flew off of me onto a close by tree. I prepared myself to finish this fight. 

ID#12513

BD:4 (+2)=6

MD:2

DMG: Xanatos=4 

My blade crossed the whip and cut straight through the leather, leaving no guard for the Tamer. My blade dove deep into his chest. He yelled in agony as he fell to the ground.

Xanatos 19/22

Tamer: DEAD

"he..he..he..well it seems it's finally my turn my sweet....you outlived even me...how quaint...for what its worth..im sorry..." His body pixelated into the sky. The Phoenix let out a cry as it flew onto my arm and perched there. "Haha you're quite the noble guy aren't ya? I think i'll call you "Porthos" after one of the greatest fighters for justice in literary history. How does that sound, Porthos?" Porthos let out a squawk. "Yeah I thought you might approve. How about we get out of here?"

We headed back to the city. Porthos perched on on my shoulder. "You know my friend, you are quite handsome. I wonder how old you are? It seems odd that you would appear to me in that time...I guess fate has a funny way of bringing people and animals together. That gypsy woman was right I guess. I found a friend! I just wish I could bring hers back. That man killed every friend she cared about, just so he could have his sadistic fun...It sickens me to think of the other creatures he tortured.

We wandered back into town. I made my way to the bench where the gypsy woman first approached me. She was waiting on the corner in her raggy garments. I walked over to her. "I found a friend! You were right! But I ran into your friend the Tamer...He fought with me.." "Did you kill him? Did you kill the Tamer?..." "Yes ma'am...I killed him and before he passed on he said he was sorry...for what it was worth..." "Remember this child, there will always be men like the Tamer, those that's only goal is to tear friends away from each other...."

"Fight them my dear boy, fight those that would seek to tear your friends away from you, I wish I had fought for my friends...instead I ran from the Tamer...when I should have stood and fought." "I will remember it miss, I just wish I could bring back your friends. I know how it feels to have friends torn form your life, like pages from a magazine....Porthos is my friend now and I will never let anyone hurt him! He will be my side always while I fight for justice and hope for the people of this world!"