[SP-F1] Chaos and the betrayal(Complete)

Staring up into the sky, the seriousness of the situation began to sink in. Quickly pulling up his menu, it was confirmed, there was no way for him to log out. Rook observed as panic began to set in over the crowd of players he was standing in. "I've got to get out of here" he thought to himself. Setting his sites on the outskirts of the city, he began walking at a brisk pace wishing to put some distance between him and the crowd that was quickly turning hysterical. Failing to keep his eyes forward amidst all the commotion however, Rook walked straight into another player. 

"Hey! Watch out!" Violet called out to the stranger who had just knocked her to the ground. Brushing the dirt off her, she looked over the other player. "Just what do you think your doing running into people like that?"

Gathering his wits quickly, Rook stared at the player who he had just ran into. "Sorry" Rook said trying his hardest to sound apologetic although he didn't really mean it. "I'm just trying to make my way away from the crowd, if you where smart you would do the same. That is unless you prefer just standing around in the middle of streets." By the judge of the gear the player had and the lost look on her face, Rook guessed that the player was most likely completely new to the game. Being a beta tester, Rook figured he had an advantage over most players. He already new where the best places to train where, as well as where to go to find some basic loot to start off with. Realizing that this was now a game of life and death though, there was really no question in his mind that he should keep this information to himself and use it as an advantage. Continuing to stare at the player in front of him however, he couldn't deny that she was awfully cute. "Maybe I could just help this one player out. I mean, who knows what she will do to thank me."  he thought to himself. "I'm hesitant to do this, but to make up for bowling you over,  I will allow you to party up with me. I was a beta tester and I know how to get us both to safety."

Looking around, Violet had a hard time concentrating on the players response, "Where is he?" She thought to herself. Tuning in just in time to hear the player tell her that he was a beta tester she snapped to attention. "My brother's a beta tester, he was leading me out of town when we got separated in the crowd. That's why I was stopped in the street, I was trying to find him." Looking at the player in desperation she continued talking, "Do you think you would be able to help me find him?"

Listening to the player, Rook wasn't happy about the prospect of having to gallivant around looking for her brother. "On the other hand" he thought to himself "If her brother was a beta tester, he's probably heading out deep into the plains like I planned to.  If there was any chance I was going to impress her by just leading her to safety, I will definitely impress her if I reunite her with her brother in the process." Pulling up his menu again, he thumbed through the tabs until he came to the party screen. Sending the party invite he held out his hand and introduced him self. "The name is Rook, and if your brother was a beta tester he is most likely heading to the same place I am so it shouldn't be a problem." He said in a confident tone of voice.

Violet wasn't sure if it was a good idea to trust a player she had just met. But separated from her brother, and with a complete lack of options she decided to accept the party invite. "The name is Violet"

Grabbing Violet by the hand, Rook once again set off for the outskirts of the city."What am I doing?" he thought to himself. "Why risk my life just because this girl is attractive?"  Even as he asked himself the question, Rook already new the answer. He never could resist a good looking female, let alone a damsel in distress. Now at the city gates, Rook looked around trying to get a feel for his surroundings. "This way!"  Glimpsing back one last time at the city, the crowd of players had now turned into a hysterical mob. All of the beta testers along with new players with any sort of composer had already began dispersing out and making there way to where ever it was they would head to first. All that was left behind was the new players who had fallen to panic far to quickly for Rooks liking. If they were worried now, they wouldn't stand a chance out past the safety of the city. Turning his head back around, Rook continued out past the safe zone and the city. The only things he would allow himself to think about now would be reaching his destination and any dangers he might come across along the way.

Feeling her hand get snatched up by the other player, Violet's first reaction would of been to pull away. Caught up in the moment however, she simply aloud herself to go along with the player. After all, it was only a few short minutes ago she was lost among the crowd, panicking over what she might do. The player she was with seemed confident that they would get to safety and find her brother. Being with a player that was so confident she couldn't help but feel confident as well which put her somewhat at ease.

"AAHHHH"  Continuing to allow herself be led along by rook. She caught a glimpse of something over her left shoulder. Turning her head to try and get a better look, she notice a giant boar charging towards Rook and herself."Quick, do something!" she called out to Rook as she became frozen in place.

As Violet let out a loud shriek, Rook turned to try and determine the problem. Before he had a chance to ask however he was confronted by boar who was barreling down on the both him them. Hearing Violet quickly plead for him to take action, Rook grabbed his sword from his back. "Don't panic, this boar is no match for me." Grabbing Violet by the waist, he skillfully lunged to the side keeping them both clear of the attack.

ID: 12731 BD:2 MD:1

Rook-5/5

Boar-3/3

both attacks fail.

"Hahaha, that was fun." Staring down at Violet, he reassured her that everything was going to be ok. "There's no need to panic, these boars are all over the first floor and are no match for a player such as myself." Holding his sword straight out in front of him, Rook quickly dropped it to his side and ran towards the boar. In an attempt to impress Violet as much as possible, he unleashed an elaborate set of strikes with surgical precision upon the mob. Thrusting his sword straight through the heart of the boar, it immediately burst into a thousands shards. Looking down, the only thing now left of the creature was a small loot orb left glowing on the ground. Walking over to it Rook quickly picked up the orb, activating it as he did and added the loot to his inventory. "Well, now that I've dealt with that, how about we continue on?" Once again Rook reached out for Violets hand.

Standing there in aww of the players combat prowess, she was impressed with how quickly the player had dispatched the boar. "Thank you for protecting me" she said kindly "That was very impressive, I've never really been one for combat." Ready to continue the journey, she took his hand with out hesitation and the pair continued on.

ID: 12747 BD:10 MD: 3

Rook-5/5(Attack hits for 2+2[Critical]=4)

Boar-0/3(Attack fails, drops 1 mat)

Total Loot- 1 Mat

Out in the openness of the plains, Rook didn't like their surroundings. He might be ahead of the crowd now, but it will only be a matter of time before the plains of the first floor are covered in players he thought to himself. "This way" He told Violet as he pulled her along. Setting a path for the dense forest, he determined  that this would be the safest place to train. Not only would there be less competition for mobs and loot, but in the forest it would be harder for other players to track them. Knowing that there would most likely be Pk'ers about trying to vault themselves ahead by praying on the weaker players. Staying off the radar was something at the fore front of his mind

"Where are we going?" She asked somewhat hesitantly. From the looks of things it seemed as if they were heading towards the tall deep forest she could see on the horizon of the plain. "How am I supposed to go about finding my brother in there?" Violet thought to herself.

"We're heading into the woods." Rook told her. "If your brother is smart he will be in there to, out here there is to much competition for mobs, as well anyone just hanging around out in the open is easy prey for any Pk'ers who might be about."

Thinking over his words, Violet found it hard to disagree with his logic. The forest would be a much better location to start out at. "Besides"  she thought to herself "If we're in the woods, it will just decrease the chance for any hero's to emerge when me and my brother take this guy out."

Entering the woods, Rook peered around for any nearby mobs or players, Spotting a wasp bumbling about nearby he spoke up. "Why don't you take this one."  Pointing ahead to the wasp he motioned to Violet to step forward. "This should be nice and easy for you."

"Hmp" She thought to herself, "Apparently I'm a better actor then I thought, this guy really buys the whole helpless girl thing."  Pulling out her dagger, she managed a novice look on her face. Eying down the wasp carefully, she didn't want to dispatch the beast to quickly. If he saw her true combat skills he might grow suspicious. Walking into the agro range on the wasp, she took a half way defensive stance and waited for it to attack. As the wasp came forward to attack, she swung her dagger recklessly in the air missing the wasp wildly. In the process of putting on her act however, so took care to note the position of the wasps stinger. Acting as if she lost her balance in the attack, Violet fell to the ground avoiding the counter attack from the wasp.

ID:10756 BD:1 MD:5

Violet-5/5(attack misses)

Wasp-2/2(Attack misses)

As Rook let out a loud laugh at the poor girls attempt to attack the wasp. He thought it was cute that Violet didn't have much combat experience. "Your going to have to do better then that if you want to clear the game with me." Observing the layout of the battle, Rook offered some advice. "Use your speed to get around the wasp and launch an attack from behind."

Dusting the dirt off as she picked herself up off the ground. Violet couldn't believe that she had to demean herself in this way just to keep the scam alive. Listening to Rook give her some instructions, she replied in a sort of grunting sound. "I got this". Stepping forward to engage the enemy, Violet carelessly misplaced her foot and tumbled to the ground, this time unintentional. As the wasp once again jolted forward for another attack, Violet was unable to suppress her natural reflex's. Unable to stand up in time, Violet ninja rolled backwards to get out of the way of the wasps attack before springing to her feet.

"Woah, those are not the moves I would expect from a new player such as yourself."  Watching as Violet skillfully dodged the incoming attack, he was impressed with the skill she showed in the move. Thinking it over, he fond it odd that a player with reflex's like that was capable of launching such clumsy attacks.

ID: 12808 BD:3 MD:5

Violet-5/5

Wasp-2/2

Aware that she made a mistake by showing off her moves, she was unsure if Rook might be on to her or not. "Beginners luck you know." she said with a flirty laugh. Keeping one eye on the wasp, and the other on Rook, she calculated her next move.

"Beginners luck yeah, I could take some of that luck."

As she thought about it, she didn't like what she was going to have to do. Running head on at the wasp, she jumped into the air lunging at the wasp. Unable to dodge or move out of the way now, the wasps stinger plunged straight through her stomach. A critical hit.

ID:12825 BD: 1 MD: 10

Violet-2/5

Wasp- 2/2

"Looks like your luck has run out."

"Are you okay?" Rook asked as he pulled out his sword. Rook wasn't sure what was going on with this situation, but something didn't seem right to him. One moment she is flailing around like a fish out of water, the next moment she is backwards ninja rolling away from an attack. To top it all of she runs straight at the wasp as if she wanted to get hit. "Not even a new player would be so naive as to try and pull off a head on attack with a weapon like a dagger, would they?"

The blow of the wasps attack sent Violet into a shallow state of panic. Although this was all apart of the plan, she didn't expect the wasps hit to be as hard as it was. Another hit like that and she would be dead, but what could she do? If she tried her hardest her skills would be exposed and Rook would no question doubt why she had acted like such a fool earlier. If she didn't however, there was a real chance that this wasp could kill her. She had hoped that Rook would of stepped in by now, but how much longer could she wait. Her mind distracted by all her racing thoughts, she failed to notice as the wasp came back around for another attack, stinging her in the back. Her health critically low, even if she wanted to attack she couldn't guarantee now the wasp wouldn't kill her in the process. "Help me, Please!!!!" Violet felt Ironic calling out for the player she was planning to kill to save her life, but now her fate rested with him.

Rook tried to call out to Violet to warn her of the wasps incoming attack. Although he felt something was strange with this situation, he wasn't going to let another player die because of a weird feeling he had. Even though he wouldn't feel bad if she did die, Rook didn't like the thought of having to be off on his own right now. Charging at the wasp as it plunged its stinger into Violet for the second time. Rook drove his sword all the way through the wasp, impaling the beast. "You all right?" He asked trying to use a comforting tone.

ID:12826 BD:7 MD:8

Violet-1/5

Wasp-0/2(Attack hits for one)

Rook-5/5(Attack hits for 2)

No loot drops

Violet noted her health bar, "That was a close one" she thought to herself. "You couldn't have stepped in any earlier!?!? I almost died!" Even though it was an act, Violet was rattled by the situation. She was one health point away from losing everything, it made her think about what she was about to do. Violet and her brother had always been ruthless, doing whatever it took to get whatever they wanted. After the announcement by the mysterious face in the sky, it took them no time at all to formulate a plan to get on top. Acting as a team, they would climb to the top by taking out other players. If they could become the most feared player killers in the game, surely everyone would be forced to bow down to them.

"Just be happy I jumped in when I did why don't you" Looking over the player standing before him once again. Rook was certain that something was not right about her. Setting aside her odd performance during the battle, even now her demeanor seemed off. She had just faced death in the face, yet she was calm all things considering. Sure she seemed a little rattled, he would be to he thought to himself. But for a supposedly innocent young girl like herself, he was expecting her to be terrified. "There's a cave over there"  Rook said pointing to an opening in a rock face about a hundred yards away. "How about we go rest so you can recover, besides it will give you a chance to send your brother a message."  No longer blinded by her looks, Rook was starting to get eager to be rid of Violet.

Rook picked up some wood as him and violet made their way over to the cave. Entering into the mouth of the cave, rook attempted to peer as far as he could back as he could into the darkness. "Why don't you go ahead and message your brother, see if he can meet you here."  Throwing down the stack of wood, Rook went to work trying to start a fire.

"Will do, and don't you mean meet us here?"  Pulling up her menu, she cycled over to her friends list and pulled up a blank message. In it she typed their location and that the time was right to take out the player. Sending the message, she looked over to Rook who had just started a small fire.

"I'm sorry" He said expressing a sentiment that he didn't really mean. "If I'm going to accomplish what I set out to do, then I'm going to have to keep moving, it seems here is where we part ways. Wait here for your brother and allow your health to regenerate, you should be safe."

Violet started to panic a bit when she herd the words roll off his tong, there was no way she could allow him to leave now. "You can't leave me, not like this! What if some bad person comes along before my brother does and finds me here. Please stay until my brother comes!?" Violet grabbed on to his jacket with a tight grip and tried to hold him in place.

Although Rook didn't much care one way or the other what happened to this girl, he often found himself conforming to social norms. "Most people would consider it bad to leave this girl here by herself.Rook though to himself. "I'll stay for one hour" he said as he laid down onto the ground. "I could use a nap anyway, after that though I have to get going whether your brother is here or not."

"Thank you" An hour, it wasn't much but at least she had bought herself a little bit of time. She began to think about if she would have to take him out by herself.

As she observed Rook stirring in his sleep, she couldn't afford to wait much longer. If she struck now while he was sleeping she should be able to even the playing field. Observing her health she had only recovered 2 HP. Plotting out the attack she turned towards the mouth of the cave and stared out into the forest, hoping to see her brother emerge from the trees. "Where is he?" She thought to himself. "If I don't want him to get away, then I'm going to have to do this myself"  She thought as she pulled out her dagger and inspected it. Turning around slowly her plan was to approach the player slowly as to not wake him prematurely. Before she was able to fully turn around however, she was stopped in her tracks. Feeling the cold steel of the players sword rest against her neck, she struggled to produce words.

"Just what is it you think your doing? If I didn't know better, I would say your plan is to kill me, my only question is why?"  Since the last battle, Rook had known something was off about this player. Although he couldn't confirm what it was, he made sure to not let his guard down around her. Hearing the player get up, Rook had gotten a bad feeling about what was about to happen. Choosing to act preemptively on his gut feeling, he had drawn his sword and placed it at her neck as she turned around to face him.

As words began to form in her head, she gave Rook a menacing smile. "Look, it's nothing personal. You just happened to be the guy to run into me, but as it stands I have a reputation to make and in order to do that your going to need to die."

As Rook herd the words come out of her mouth, he pulled back his sword attempting to cut the player in the process. Not anticipating Violets speed however he failed to move fast enough to hit her. Looking down he watched as Violet tried to slice into his abdomen. Reacting quickly he jumped back avoiding the attack.

As Violet rolled backwards out of the way, using the same move she used on the wasp. She tried to slice her dagger across Rooks torso in the process. "I can do this" she thought to herself "Who needs my brother, I can kill him all by myself."

Rook-ID: 13109 BD: 4

Violet-ID: 13111 BD: 3

Rook-5/5(Attack misses)

Violet-3/5(Attack misses)

Rook wasn't going to underestimate this girl, clearly everything he had saw before was an act. Taking a defensive stance, he decided he would use the extra attack range he had from using a sword versus her dagger to his advantage. "You may have gotten off a lucky hit, but that's the last one your going to land on me. There is no going back from here, you wont walk away from this fight."

"Hmp, that's what you thinkBrushing his words aside, she leaped forward and attempted to strike Rook yet again. Rook had anticipated the attack however and swung his sword around attempting to strike her down. At the last second Violet was able to pull back from the attack and avoid the hit, "That was a close one she thought to herself."

Returning to his defensive stance, she had managed to yet again dodge his attack. "Damn she is fast."  Rook thought to himself.

Rook-ID: 13111 BD: 3

Violet-ID:13113 BD: 1

Rook-5/5(Attack misses)

Violet-3/5(Attack misses)

Going on the offensive, Rook decided that he would put the pressure on her instead. Charging forward he swung his sword several times attempting to land a critical blow. Every attack she seemed to dodge without breaking a sweat however. "Why can't I hit her?"  he thought to himself. Resting to catch his breath, he studied her carefully. If he was going to hit her he was going to have to stop just swinging wildly. "Maybe I can force her movements and strike where she is gonna be" He thought as he attempted to put together a strategy.

ID: 13114 BD:1

As Rook charged her, she had to use complete concentration to dodge the attacks. "This is no good" she thought to herself. "If he keeps this up it will be impossible for me to go on the offensive." Eying him down, she tried hard to think of a way to break up his attacks. "If only I could figure out a way to get behind him"  she thought to herself.

ID: 12115 BD: 4

Rook-5/5(Attack misses)

Violet-3/5(Attack Misses)

((After talking with Oske, switching over to the MD for violet. Neither player has hit the other so it shouldn't effect anything.))

Having worked it all out in his head Rook put his plan into motion. Running forward towards Violet, he acted as if he was going to swing his sword horizontally at her upper torso. Knowing that she would see the attack and dodge low however, mid swing he halted his momentum and plunged his sword downward straight into her shoulder. "I have your movements figured out, your finished" Rook bragged.

Seeing him come forward and swing his sword, Violet was confident she would dodge the attack. Ducking down under the swing, she was caught completely off guard when the sword came plunging down towards her. Unable to get out of the way of the attack, the sword pierced straight through her shoulder. "Please.... Please just leave me alone, you can go and I promise that you will never see me again." As violet pleaded for her life, she watched as her health bar dropped to 1HP.

"Would you have let me lived if I had begged?" Rook asked. "It's to late for any begging or pleading, you are not leaving here alive....."

ID:13183 BD:7 MD:3

Rook-5/5(Hits for 2)

Violet-1/5(Attack fails)

In the dark and dampness of the cave, Violet began to shake with fear. Knowing that she wouldn't survive the fight, she dropped her dagger and through herself at his feet. "Please Rook, I give up, cant you see? None of this was ever my idea.... it was all my brothers. I promise, I'll do anything you want me to do if you let me go. Please.. Just... let me go" As she attempted to utter the last few words, tears began to flow from her eyes.

"It's to late, like I told before. There is nothing you can say to me now that would change your fate."  Lifting his sword into the air, Rook prepared himself to deliver the killing blow. Although Rook never had much of a conscious, especially not for people who were plotting to kill him. He thought about what killing this player would mean. Since he wasn't actually attacked first by her, he would be marked as an orange player after this. No doubt drawing unwanted attention to him and adding some obstacles on the path to achieving his goals. "On second thought, I don't think killing you would be worth the trouble. Pick up your weapon and leave."

Violet couldn't believe what he had just said. "Is he really going to let me live" She thought to her self. "Thank.... Thank you and I promise you will never see me again." Still on her hands and knees, Violet reached out for her weapon. As she grabbed the dagger she felt a sharp pain pierce through her back. "Wha...What, but you said...." Failing to finish her sentence, Violet fell to the ground. As her body slowly disappeared into code, one final tear dripped from her check.

Rook spoke as he stood over her, his sword plunged through her back. "I was wrong, the pleasure of killing you is totally worth the bother."

ID:13186 BD: 7 MD: 3

Rook-5/5(Attack hits for 2)

Violet-0/5(Attack fails)

Walking out of the cave into the sunlight. Rook felt no remorse for his actions, "She deserved what she got" he thought to himself. Knowing that there was still a chance that her brother was still on his way. Rook didn't want to test fate twice in one day and decided he better head off before he might arrive. "Where do I go from here though?" Not able to return to the safe zone and not yet having a feel for the lay of the land, Rook was lost on where to go. "Well..... I guess this direction is as good as any." Rook said aloud as he picked a direction to start walking. As he walked he thought about all the obstacles that lay in his path now. "As a player killer it's very unlikely anyone would ever offer to help me if a situation arose where I needed aid. I'm going to have to get a lot stronger and a lot faster if I wish to survive now." Would there be any merchants willing to craft or sell him gear now or would he have to find and make his own now? Rook had never thought about taking up a profession, to him killing was his profession. Now that he was a Pk'er however, he found it likely that most players would refuse service to him. Then there was always shelter to think about as well. While he was sure this game included player housing, he had no idea on what floor it would become available on. That means he had to survive out in the wild for now. "This blows" he thought to himself. "Not only do I have to worry about the huge target on my back from being a pk'er, but now I have to deal with all these other things as well. If Violet where still around I would kill her again for the inconvience she is causing me."

As Jassu got closer to the location his sister had sent him in the message, he began to grow nervous. "Would their plan work?" he thought to himself. Although he was normally a good guy in the oustide world, Jassu would do anything to protect his sister. Even if it ment he had to take multiple lifes to do. Although both him and his sister where stronge, a mean reputation would surely go a long way in making sure other players don't try and mess with them. As he neared the entrance to the cave, he couldn't help but notice that it seemed like no one was around. "Maybe they are deep inside he thought to himself." Pulling out his two-handed spear Jassu entered the cave ready for a fight. As he looked around though, it was confirmed that no one was here. "Where could they have gone, surely she would of messaged me if they had left." As he wondered where they were, intense panic came across his mind for a biref moment. "No, surely she is ok. She wouldn't have tried to take him on alone."  Quickly pulling up his map, he checked if he could see her in the local area. "Damn" He thought to himself. Scrolling over to his menu, he decided he would send her a message. As he scambeled up and down his short friends list however, he struggled to find her name. "NO..... NO NO NO, This can't be"  Jassu struggled to hold back tears as he screamed out the words. If she wasn't on his friends list it could only mean one thing, she was dead. As he drove his fists into the ground, he had been completely unprepared to deal with the loss of his sister. "How could I have been so stupid to let you go off alone?" He yelled into the air. "Make no mistake sister, I will avenge you if it is the last thing I do in this world." Although he didn't know the players name, he had gotten a good look at the player as his sister and him left the town ahead of him. "I will find you and make you pay for what you have done." As he struggled to hold back tears, he drove his fist into the ground once again before colasping in grief.

As Rook continued to walk, he herd a commotion coming from back where the cave us. "I wonder what that is?" he thought to himself. Curiosity getting the best of him, he decided to circle back around and see what was going on. "Had her brother arrived?" The thought flowed through his mind. He didn't want to fight again so soon, but if there was going to be a player with a vendetta against him, it would benefit him to atleast know what he looks like. Approaching carefully, he made sure to stay hidden in the brush. As he peered around from behind a tree. He observed a tall male heaving his fists into the ground. Taking in the site he noticed the players extremely tan skin and light blond har. "Doesn't look like much of a killer to me."  He said quietly to himself. Not wanting to be noticed, Rook was hesitant to up and leave the area. "Now, how do I go about getting out of here unoticed?"

Heaving himself up off the ground he took in his surroundings. Looking around he felt like he was being watched. Was his sister's murderer still around? If he was maybe he could get his revenge sooner then expected. "Who's out there?" He called out. Jassu began walking around the area looking for any trace of the player. "Maybe I'm going crazy" he said talking to himself. Thinking things over, his time would be better spent in town hiring an information broker to track the player down rather then chasing around ghosts in the woods. His mind made up he set off for town.