PP - F2 Eyes of the Night <<Let There Be Light>> (Calrex and Teayre) (Completed)

ID: 15221

Battle Dice: 2

As Calrex saw Teayre rush in to assist Beleram and Koran he readied his blade and followed suit, but unfortunately the bats were small enough that his blade missed each one he managed to strike, "Darn these little ones are quick!"

He gave a sigh as he sheathed his sword, his fists glowing alight, "If swinging arcs don't work how about some fists of fury..."

With that he prepared his next strike. Luckily the bats were focused on the two, but now they had been alerted to his and Teayre's presence.

HP List

Calrex: 46/53

Teayre: 24/26

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 40/40

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 15247

BD: 10 (10 + 1 ACC – 1 Low Light)

MD: 5

LD: 11 (2 Mob DMG if hit)

Starting to pivot on her rear foot Teayre slashes randomly at the bats around her seeing red crystals fly out of one point she pushes off and starts beating the small creature back.  Her eyes flicking around her she parries a blow as another bat tries to sneak up behind her. The others screeched and began to come and start harrying her, the shapes causing Teayre to start to spin wildly her blade striking out left right and centre. As she came to a stop she saw that one of the creatures had fallen to the floor.

“Cal Switch! Beleram GET KORAN OUT OF HERE GO!â€

With that the short girl started striking out in random directions keeping the bats attention focused on her. Her blade moving in time with them as they struck out at her.

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 34/40 6DMG  ( 1 + 3 Skill + 2 Crit)

ID: 15328

Battle Dice: 7

As Teayre began striking at the bats Calrex's eyes were darting back and forth, watching the flight patterns of the swarm, "They're moving almost like a school of fish would in the ocean, although this one seems a little more uncoordinated. What behavioral pattern did they base this particular creature off of?"

As Teayre switched he raised his blade and rushed forward, his arm to the right side. As he got within striking range he gave a calming breath, "There's no way to score a good hit with a single strike. A flurry of blows will give the best chance of connecting on these small fries."

His sword tip pointed forward as he brought his sword arm close to his face, his blade alight with a blue glows as he used a technique he hadn't executed in a long time, the Swallow Return. As the three strikes came out they formed an X with a single slash cutting it in half. As he completed his attack a series of bats fell from the swarm, struck down by the attack.

With that Calrex flicked his blade and leapt back, "Alright Teayre switch!"

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 29/40

ID: 15336

BD: 6 (5 + 1 ACC + 1 Concentration -1 Low Light)

MD: 2

Pausing for a moment Teayre breathed out slowly her eyes closing as she listened hearing the bats moving around her, she began to move with them each time they came swooping down at her the girl would give only the slightest of movement avoiding the attack her blade moving with her following each movement of the bats as she glowed her <Concentration> skill activating. Her eyes flying open as she danced with them a parry, a thrust, a slash, a hack. Spinning her feet around the bats Teayre stepped backwards her blade carrying her glow as it struck several of the creatures cutting them down, pivoting on her back foot she sweeps bringing herself low dodging a strike from one of the beasts before standing again following the small flying rat slicing it in half. Red crystals exploded everywhere, the glow fading Teayre readied herself again the bats hugging around her.

“Cal, you’re up.â€

Keeping her breathing steady Teayre strained her eyes in the darkness as she watched the swarm swirl around her, a lot less thick than it had been originally. A screech came echoing through the tunnel.

“Beleram! They’re out of the cave Cal, it can’t be far let’s finish this up and head out.â€

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 25/40 (1 + 3 Skill)

ID: 15337

Battle Dice: 3

As Teayre confirmed that Beleram had guided Koran out of the cave Calrex nodded and gave a small sigh of relief, "Awesome, let's wrap this up."

He rushed past Teayre, attempting to slash the bat swarm. Unfortunately as his sword made contact the swarm shifted to avoid the strike, reforming immediately after.

"Shoot, it's gonna be a little bit of time before I have the energy to try another Swallow Return attack."

He gave a few more swipes to keep the bats at bay before leaping back, sliding a few paces upon landing, "Alright Teayre, go for it!"

He gave a calming breath, focusing his senses, "We could take our time picking these things off one by one, but that would take too much time. We have to try and get as many as possible with each hit."

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 25/40

ID: 15348

BD: 7 (7 + 1 ACC -1 Low Light)

MD: 8

LD:20 Mob DMG[LD/4]: 5

The bats let loose an unearthly screech as Teayre finished her strikes against them, nimbly avoiding the blows from Calrex they deform the swarm before reforming up around Teayre swirling around her ripping small bits of her flesh away. Crying out the girl grips her falchion and follows the bats movements again this time she was just too slow as the harassed her. The blade crunched as it hit several of the bats the sound resonating throughout the tunnel.

“Cal! HELP ME!â€

Turning Teayre started to thrash wildly as the bats moved around her picking speed up their wings clipping her now, spinning in the opposite direction to them her blade met them more. The red damage crystals flew off from both of them merging as the exploded into nothingness.

HP List

Teayre: 19/26 5 DMG

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 21/40 4 DMG (1 + 3 Skill)

ID: 15357

Battle Dice: 3

Calrex looked and traced the trail of bats, seeing them form around Teayre. He gritted his teeth as he quickly rushed in, flipping his blade in reverse. His left fist came up alight with his <<Marital Arts>> skill as he rapidly sent a flurry of fists forward. None of them connected, but the attacks appeared to be enough to scare the bats off of his teammate. He quickly put a hand on Teayre as he batted away a few more of the creatures, "Teayre, are you alright?"

Once he made sure she was ok he looked over at the swarm, "If you need to get behind some cover and rest. It shouldn't take much more to take these things down, at least if we can actually hit them."

HP List

Teayre: 19/26

Enemies:

21/40

ID: 15367

BD: 3 (3 + 1 ACC – 1 Low Light)

MD: 3

As Calrex put his hand on her Teayre let out a sigh she was safe.

“Y-yeah I’m fine those creatures, god damnit this is why I hate bats!â€

Her falchion at the ready she stands up shaking her head, wiping her forehead with the back of her sleeve before running in. All of a sudden her footing had gone and she had slipped the bats sailed over head as they attempted to rend her flesh. Breathing steadily Teayre stood her blade managing to meet all the bats attacks unable to break through their defence however.

“Cal, Switch! Get them whilst they’re focused on me!â€

HP List

Enemies:

21/40

ID: 15368

Battle Dice: 7

"Teayre!"

As he saw Teayre fall on her back Calrex immediately rushed in. Seeing the bats begin to converge above her he leapt forward, executing a 360 slash as he passed through the swarm, managing to catch a little less than a quarter of the bats remaining in the swarm, the bats falling to the ground before dissipating into crystals. He quickly extended his hand to help Teayre to his feet as he gave his sword a quick twirl to drive some of the bats back.

"Alright switch. There should be many left. Let's get these little buggers finished off so that we can catch up with Beleram and Koran."

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 16/40

ID: 15372

BD: 3 ( 3 + 1 ACC – 1 Low Light)

MD: 10

As Calrex dived in and began slashing at the bats they retaliated at him by sweeping in and biting various pieces of his armour, skin, hair even nails. If it was exposed they’d bite it breaking through some parts of the armour the bats manage to draw blood as when they leave small red crystals fall from Calrex. Taking his hand Teayre lifts heself back up her Falchion unable to keep up with the onslaught of the small creatures as she beat at them her weapon meeting nothing but air.

“Damnit Cal, Are you okay? They’ve shaken me up too much I can’t seem to hit them now.â€

HP List

Calrex: 45/53  1 DMG (1 + 2 Crit – 3 Mit)

Enemies:

ID: 15374

Battle Dice: 1 (Oh no!)

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you? If you need to catch your breath take some cover for now. I'll keep them held off in the mean..."

As Calrex tried to take a swipe with his sword all of a sudden he felt the weight of the sword multiply for a second. He stabbed the end into the ground as he planted his stance to catch his breath, "Well...I guess that attack did a little more on me than I thought..."

He gave a few calming breaths, feeling his strength return as he drew his sword from the rocks, twirling it to make sure his control had returned as well, "Alright, I'm good to go..."

HP List

Calrex: 45/53

Enemies:

ID: 15376

BD: 4 (4 + 1 ACC – 1 Low Light)

MD: 2

“It can- It can wait till after the quest Cal, we’ve not got much more left. As least Beleram and Koran are safe.â€

Panting Teayre brought her weapon up swinging it defending Calrex from the swarms attack as she stepped around the boy as he planted his weapon into the ground.

“Is it me or are they getting harder each time? I mean seriously…â€

Her arms were starting to get slow to, gritting her teeth as one more bat went for them she swung knocking it back.

“Come on we’re almost there!â€

Grabbing Calrex’s hand she drags him through the Bats and almost to the entrance, when a rumbling could be heard and all of a sudden a rock slams down in front of them, sealing them in.

“Guess we have no choice but to fight now Cal.â€

Turning around Teayre let's go of her boyfriends hand, lowering her blade eyeing the way they had come she steadies her breathing, nodding at Calrex.

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 15377

Battle Dice: 4

As Calrex tried to take another swipe as they made their way towards the entrance his movement was a little slow, the bats easily weaving around the slash. Hearing the rumbling from in front he turned and saw the entrance become blocked off. He gave a small curse under his breath as he nodded to Teayre, "Yeah, no turning back now."

He gave a few breaths, holding his sword with the point aimed upwards towards the swarm. He rested his off-hand against the end of the handle where the grip meets the guard, turning to Teayre, "Alright, you ready? Let's take these things out."

HP List

Enemies:

OOC: I love it we’re like YEAH LET’S KILL THEM! The permarollers going Lol Nope!

ID: 15378

BD: 1 ( 1 + 1 ACC – 1 Low Light)

MD: 3

The bats began a heavy assault against Teayre and Calrex, they were flying in hard and fast almost as if they were bullets, her blade started to ring as she blocked each one taking a step back here and there before pulling her blade up. Letting out a gasp as her back touched the uneven surface of the collapsed cave, she narrowed her eyes sighing. Bringing her blade in front of her she started swinging it in a figure of eight, not trying to hit anything but make the damn bats back off. It seemed to be working as she took a couple of steps forwards.

“Cal you try and sort the cave entrance out, I’ll deal with the bats okay?â€

From the other side of the rubble a young boy shouting and an eagle’s high pitched screech could be heard.

“We’ll be out in a minute, Koran find your mother and bring her here will you.â€

HP List

Enemies:

OOC: Dagnabit I wasted that 8 on the Ice Skating thread! TT_TT

IC:

ID: 15380

Battle Dice: 4

As Teayre kept the bats at bay Calrex nodded as he quickly turned and assessed the situation of the entryway. The rocks were blocking it, but it seemed that they were only being held by a couple of smaller rocks that he gotten lodged, similar to the ends of a spider's web that keeps it attached to whatever surface it was sticking to, "Looks like we can easily get out of here, but we'd best get rid of these bats first."

As he turned and quickly made a cut as Teayre's figure 8 pattern moved out of the way, the bats scattering for a second before reforming, "Man, we're just having no luck on these things. Teayre, it seems like they have trouble dodging rapid consecutive strikes. Maybe if we work at following each others strike one after another we can wear their evasive patterns down."

HP List

Enemies: 

16/40

OC: It was a waste kissing Teayre? O.O HOW VERY DARE YOU?

ID: 15381

BD: 8 (8 + 1 Acc – 1 Low Light)

MD: 4

“Right, Gah! STUFF YOU DAMN BATS!â€

Speeding up her figure eight Teayre steps into the centre of the swarm as the writhed around her trying to get close to her she moved with them again her blade slicing in an intricate pattern as she pivoted on her feet spinning in circles her falchion tracing the air red crystals forming at the end of it every so often as bats were cut down. Laughing to herself she stops spinning stretching one leg out as she sinks low, her other hand steadying herself as the bats begin to swoop over her.

“Cal switch! Take care of the rest of them!â€

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 12/40 4 DMG ( 1 + 3 Skill)

ID: 15382

Battle Dice: 2

As the bats began to form once again Calrex figured to keep them moving, leaping over Teayre as he executed another spin slash. While his strike didn't make contact with any of the bats, it kept them from forming back together. As he kept watch on the creatures, he saw that they were getting further and further apart, "Teayre switch! Keep them from forming back together. It's working!"

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 12/40

ID: 15383

BD: 6 (5 + 1 ACC + 1 Concentration – 1 Low Light)

MD: 5

Teayre heard the bats calling to each other shutting her eyes she relaxed again moving with the swarm as they started to form up around her again, slowly breathing she moved her head forward as a bat swooped near it, turned her body as another bat dived for her. Suddenly her body began to glow with the light from earlier as she activated her <Concentration> skill again, her falchion whirled around each of the bats that came near her was struck. Cutting them down red crystals began to fly everywhere as she followed the creature’s movements. As Teayre finished her flurry of attacks, she doubled over panting heavily.

“Cal… Cover me… That skill… I’m still getting used to it.â€

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 8/40 4 DMG ( 1 + 3 Skill)

ID: 15404

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage) (YAY!)

Calrex watched as Teayre's body glowed, "I guess she has a new skill? That light, it seems similar to the one that I see when using the <<Disguise>> skill. I wonder if that's the ability I was originally after when I fought Gemini."

It seemed to prove true. As one of Teayre's strikes seemed like it was about to miss the light seemed to redirect the blade's path, cleaving through another one of the bats. He gave a smirk as he twirled his blade.

"Cal… Cover me… That skill… I’m still getting used to it."

As if on immediate response Calrex was next to Teayre as the bats began to close in, "Nice work Teayre, these guys shouldn't have much more left."

He rushed in, his blade shining blue as he executed a Plum Blossom Flourish, his sword spinning around him almost as if it had a mind of its own. A wing was cleaved here, a torso there. Blue crystals erupted from the swarm as Calrex finished his attack, leaving only a bare few left. Even as a group they seemed to be no longer a significant threat, "Alright, let's finish this and get out of here."

HP List

Enemies:

Bat Swarm: 2/40

ID: 15407

BD: 7 (7 + 1 ACC – 1 Low Light)

MD: 9

LD: 1 (No Loots D:)

“He… He complimented me oh god… Yes! He complimented me!â€

Smiling broadly Teayre began to blush deeply and hid her face behind her free hand, coughing she spoke quietly.

“It’s dark he can’t see stupid… Wait he has night vision… He better not look at me… No…â€

Keeping her back towards Calrex Teayre stepped around him as the bats swooped down her blade cutting most of them down the red crystals shattering over the couple, as she was about to get the few that remained they screamed at full volume towards her pushing the girl to step back. The tunnel began to rumble slightly as the rubble behind them dislodged itself falling down casting sudden bright light into the place. Beleram swooped straight through wrapping his wings around Teayre, who started spluttering as she felt a familiar nibble at her ear.

“Oh… It’s just you Beleram… Thank you.â€

HP List

Teayre: 16/26 3 DMG (1 + 2 Crit)

Enemies:

Bat Swarm:-2/40 4 DMG ( 1 + 3 Skill)