PP-F1 "No Such Thing as Second Impressions" (Aika)

Admiring the feel and weight of Immortal Fang at my hip I decided it's time for something to eat. I'm so hungry I could eat a whole boar! I wonder if there's any good vendors nearby. It;s been forever since I had a good meal, haven't had a decent drink since that night with Hailey. I wonder where she is now? I mean NPCs have to have some sort of function. I wonder what hers was....I wander the streets with a smile on my face. everything seemed to be looking up. New gear, new friends. One could never have too many friends in this world. 

It was a cool night and the wind had bite to it. I enjoyed the feel of it on my skin but it was nothing the what it felt like in the real world. I sure do miss that place sometimes. I miss the tast of real, fresh, hot food. The sensation of the sun on my skin and the cold, dark clouds that cluster in the sky before it rains. But I guess I can't complain, I have a chance at something different now, and I intend to make the most of it. I looked down at my feet as they slowly moved along the brick path. I didn't really know where I was going but I guess I'll worry about that when I know I'm lost but until then, all I know is that I need to keep walking foward. I suddenly ran into something, or more likely someone, and started to fall backwards. I braced myself for the impact, knowing that it would probably hurt. I should really start paying more attention to my surroundings.

After rounding a corner I found myself in a crowd moving towards the city center. The people chattering and clamoring on the bricks. I felt a sense of vibrancy. When I lived in the cities, people would flood every corner during rush hour. Yelling, cursing, grunts of frustration. The sounds of the rush were endless. But in this world it felt like more, civilized. The people smiled, the people laughed. There was no animosity, no hate. It was a model for harmony in a world built on chaos. Distracted by thought I felt someone bump into my back. I turned around to see a young girl on the ground. How is it that every time a girl runs into me, shes literally running into me? "Oh! I'm sorry my dear. I wasn't keeping up with the pace I guess. Let me help you up!"

I looked up though the curtain of hair that was covering my face to see a man holding out his hand in a gesture to help me up. I looked at him for a short moment. He looked few years older than me, maybe 18 ? I extended my arm and grabbed hold of his hand, hoisting my self off the groud. If I stayed there a moment longer i would probably be trampled. Once I was up on my feet I let go of the strangers hand and started dusting myself of. "No, it's my fault, I apoligise. I wasn't looking where I was going." I mumbled. When I was finished brushing the dirt off of myself I looked up. "Sorry, where are my manners. Hi, my names Aika." I introduced myself with a cheeky grin. I might as well since I literally ran into the guy. I found myself having to look up higher to see the strangers face. Why does he have to be so tall?Curse my shortness!

The young woman took my hand and stood up "Hi, my names Aika" she introduced herself. "My name is Xanatos! I hope you aren't lost. It can be a little hectic in the crowds. Plus it can be a little hard to see with all of these people towering over you! *snicker*" The woman looked to be about 16 or so. Her hair a dark black that reminded me of ravens feathers. Her smile was as bright as the stars. It was charming to actually meet a female player. I tried o make out the color of her eyes but I couldn't quite see past the hair. She was obviously a lower leveled player, even by my standards. She wore the simple cloth clothing, a dagger on her belt. A deadly weapon that was easy to conceal, their weapon of choice says a lot about a person.

My smile immediately disappeared.Did he really have to make a comment on my height? Really? So much for being a gentleman. Fine! Two people can play at that game. "Well at least I'm not as tall as a giraffe like you!" I shouted at him childishly, crossing my arms over my chest and sticking my tongue out. I don't really care if I was over reacting. It really annoys me when people talk about my height like that! "Being small can have its advantages to you know!" I said stubbornly. I turned to glare at the random people that were giving me strange looks. I wasn't the wierd one! The wierd one was the too tall jerk in front of me!

"I meant no offense my dear. Think of it as an attempt at a joke! I know how frustrating it can be in a crowd of people, regardless of height. No need to make a scene. You can at least choose to not be seen in crowds if you wanted. I, much like the giraffe, am hard to not spot a mile away. Here, let me show you! *bends down awkwardly* Can you see me now? Haha. Man I kinda messed that up a bit, didn't mean to make her angry, just tried to break the ice with a joke. But i guess shes more prideful than I realized. I stood up and placed my hand on her shoulder. "Here, let me make it up to you! Think of it as a gentleman's apology. My humor can be a bit dry at times. There's a nice cafe like shop a few blocks down if you'd like to grab something to eat. My treat of course!"

Hmmm. "Alright then. I forgive you." I say feeling a little bad for snapping at him like that. But I should probably tell him that I wasn't really mad. "You don't have to worry, I wasn't really mad at you anyway." I assured him with a kind smile while tilting my head, putting my eyes into clear view. I take a few steps foward and turn so that we are side by side and hook my arm though his. I look up and ask him "So where is this place you were talking about? Your treat, right?" My cheeky grin had returned. I really didn't want to make enemies so I guess I might have to be a bit wary about my actions with people. I just hope that they except me when I'm being me.

I felt a bit of a sigh of relief when Aika forgave me. I pride myself on my manners and I would hate to have truly offended her. She hooked her arm into mine, it was an odd feeling. I haven't really had much of socialization with any player this way. It felt nice to have a girl on my arm after all this time. (Quick OOC: What color are your eyes?) Her smile was a bit contagious as my grin grew larger and larger as I felt more comfortable with her attitude. "It's not too far. A few blocks down here. I once saved an NPC that I met around the same area and stumbled across this place during my little adventure. Shall we?" I asked as we walked off towards "The Rusty Sword". Well, at least she didn't try to kill me!

As we started walking we didn't really talk, but it was a comfortable silence. I didn't really feel the need to say any thing. So far I thought Xanatos was a really nice guy. He seemed really prided for his manners. I couldn't help but wonder what his life was like, for him to be taught to be such a gentleman. I probably shouldn't ask though, It's not my business to be sticking my nose in other people's lives. Especially a persons life whom I had just met. But in all honesty I think we will get along just fine. I still can't help but wonder what his impression of me was though. (OOC: My eyes are bright green.)

I get the feeling that Aika liked quiet. Like she relished in the feeling she got when no one was forced to say anything out of nervousness. Her bright green eyes sparkled in the light of streets. I was always a sucker for green eyes. They give me a feeling of calm and serenity. She enjoyed my gentleman like conduct. I feel like she never really got a whole lot of it in the real world, from my experience, not a lot of girls did. I wonder where she grew up. Maybe she will be a bit more open to conversation after getting something in her stomach. We hit the corner where the pub was. "The Rusty Sword", don't let the name fool you. It's got quite the feel. Kind of like an old cafe in the Northwestern United States. Makes me feel a bit at home. The conversations, the merriment, the joy of celebrating another day of life with friends." I tell Akia as we step into the pub. God I hope they have something strong. Been awhile since I've had a decent drink

OOC: Thank you that's actually what I was guessing to myself! :D

The buz of joyous chatter filled the air. It made me happy to see so many other people happy. My eyes scanned the bright room as Xanatos led the way to an empty table. I wasn't really sure what to do since I rarely came to places so filed with people, so I just followed him. As we sat down at an empty table, not once did my eyes stop looking around the room. The many laughing, boisterous people made the place light up like a candle with a warm, welcoming feeling. It was amazing. I never really got to see this in the real world. But that was probably because I never really sort out places like this. Heck, I didn't really go out at all. It was nice. I wish it was like this all the time.

"Haha you seem a little overwhelmed Akia. Go ahead, take a good look around! The sights, the smells, the tastes! Speaking of which, I'll be right back." I left Aika at the table for a moment to head to the bar for something to drink. "Barkeep, I'll take an ale and a glass of red wine for my friend." The barkeep smiled at brought me my drinks. (-10 Col) I wandered back to our table with our drinks in hand. "Here you are. I wasn't sure whether or not you were a wine girl or not. Heck I'm not even sure you're an alcohol girl!" I set the glass in front of Akia. "It's just a red wine, nothing too strong." I hope she doesn't freak out at the prospect of drinking with a stranger. That's kind of how i have always got to know people. Coffee, tea, booze. They all kind of brought groups together in one form or another. 

"Thanks." I said as I picked up the glass of wine that Xanatos had placed in front of me and swirled it around in the glass. I was a bit to young to be drinking but I guess a little bit wouldn't hurt, I thought as I took a sip and placed it back down on the table. It was a bit more bitter than I was expecting, but I found it refreshing. I looked up at Xanatos and found him chugging down his cup of ale. The sight made me giggle a bit. It seemed like he had really been needing a strong drink for a while now. As I looked at his armer I wondered if it was actually as heavy as it looked. Never mind, it was an unimportant question. I decided it was about time we started a conversation and got to know each other a little bit. "So how old are you?" I asked. It probably sounded a little awkward but I was comfortable. It was just the first thing that came to my mind. At least it was better then nothing, right?

Aika giggled at me as I downed my ale. "Ahhhh so cold and refreshing. I'm a sucker for a good ale. Goes down smooth as an iced over lake. I see you are examining my armor. This is Vladmir's Cuirass. It was forged by my guild mate and friend Oikawa. Strongest armor I can wear." I smiled wide feeling pride in Oikawa's work. "Im 19, but no ones really ever able to tell. As you so noted when we met, I'm on the taller side haha What about you Aika? I guess I was right! She drank the wine too! That's always a good sign. It's always easier to make friends when everyone's comfortable. No obligations or expectations other than kindness. My guess is she likes to have fun when she wants to.

"Me? Well I guess it won't come as a surprise to you if I tell you that most people think that I'm a little kid, at first glance."I repied, impressed by how he was able to tell that I was observing his armer. He seemed really proud of it. "I'm used to it by now, but I do tend to have my little outbursts like that of when we first met. But you don't have to worry I'm not actually mad, I'm just so used to doing it in the real world. I had to have a few little moments like that every once in a while otherwise people would have thought I was ok with it and tease me all the time." I explained to him, "Atleast I know I'm a good actress though. As for my age, I'm 15." I said wondering what his reaction was going to be. Would he regret giving me the wine, not knowing what age I was? Who knows, maybe he would be fine with it.

"Haha well you have quite the temper XD but so do adults, don't sell yourself short. You don't seem 15, most 15 year olds I have ever met would never apologize for anything :) Sorry to hear that you had to be that way though in the real world. I could never tolerate bullies....An actress though? haha you do seem like one who loves to be theatrics." I take another chug of my ale, the cool bitter taste running down my throat. She's awfully composed for a 15 year old stuck in a death game with thousands of people she doesn't know. It takes strength to stare in the face of adversity. "Akia, what are you doing to cope with being stuck in SAO?" I ask with a somewhat solemn tone.

OOC:Sorry for the late reply, had a full day and just got to my computer :)

His question wasn't unexpected, so with all honesty I replied "I follow my feet and my instincts." I knew that I would have to explain further so I continued, "It is sort of hard to explain but what I mean is that when I found out I was stuck in SAO I chose to see it as an opportunity to have a new life. I don't have much to be proud of in the real world, so I guess I look at it in a way that it is a substitute." I was trying my best to keep a smile on my face but it felt forced, and it didn't feel right to force it, so I kept a calm expression. "To me, it's all about the choices we make. But what you choose is completely based on your own thoughts and emotions." I never once broke eye contact with Xanatos. What am I doing! The aura around us is all gloomy now! I have to think of something to cheer him up quick! "But don't you think it's fun! It's really amazing! It's like one big, giant adventure! And just think of all the stories we will have to tell when we get out of here! Just imagine everyone's faces when you tell then about all big, scary monsters you fought and won against!" I exclaimed with an enthusiastic smile.

"I..I know the feeling hehe...I didn't have much to be proud of either in the real world. I was homeless and alone, A life lived in darkness til someone gave me the chance to begin anew in a whole different world it seems. You're right, we always have a choice. When I got here I chose never to let the innocent be harmed. I vowed to protect those less strong than I. It's quite the experience, but in the end...this isn't a game to me. A new life yes. But a real life just the same. Mortality is one the requirements of being human...we are humans here, not simply pixels on a screen...this world is amazing...it's beauty and detail tugs at my very soul...but it's not home to me...home is where my heart is and that's not here...but enough with my sentimental dribble! Have you found a guild to be a part of yet?"

It was both amusing and depressing to see Xanatos be so dramatic over the entire thing. To reply to his question I said, "No actually. I hadn't really thought of being part of a guild." I started to daydream about what it would be like to be in a guild. I had heard that it's like having one big, great family. But how can I be so sure? Maybe the only way to find out is to join one. But what if they don't like me? Ahh! There I go again! Arguing with myself as if I were two separate people. *sigh* It gets very exhausting,