[PP-F1] Becoming a Tailor | COMPLETED ((Earning a Living accompanied with Rusty))

While on the road to the northwest side of the region, Axios decided to go ahead and spark up a conversation. "So... Rusty... Where's your name from?", Axios asked Rusty. "I mean, why did you decide to pick it? There must be some type of symbolism behind it right? That's how I picked my name." Axios, being worthy or worthiness. Deminence... Just a bit of some word play. De- meaning the opposite of, -minen- supposed to be derived from imminent, and -ence is supposed to mean the state of being. Deminence, nothing is imminent because anything can change. "Unless of course... There was for some reason that you just chose a random name. Which isn't unheard of", Axios continued. He could barely see the forest up to the north, that was when Axios realized that they probably had seen that boar farther outside of Starting City thus the harder difficulty. Or at least, that's what he believed.

Axios: 7/11

Rusty: 8/22

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rusty pondered on the question as he pace down the road before he decided to answer with the truth. "Its a... name people called me at school and not in a good way. Its supposed to mean that I'm like a old person since I tend to tell people to leave me alone like one of those stereotypical elderly person. I guess I kinda grew fond of it. Funny how I'm using a word people used to tease me." Rusty looked down. He didn't usually open up like this, but it just came out. It didn't matter though, now it was just a username and it couldn't really hurt him like it did anymore. Suddenly, Rusty found himself in front of the forest Axios was talking about. He crouched down to pick a cotton plant, but he ripped it in half, making it disappear into millions of pixels bits. "Damn it." he cursed, frustrated at not finding a material.

List of Items

Boar Hides: 3/5

Spiderwebs Fragments: 0/2

Cotton Pieces: 0/3

"Don't sweat it, we just have to make sure we keep a lookout on every single nook and cranny of this place in order to find materials", Axios tried to make Rusty feel better before realizing that he kind of sounded as if he was a bit upset or angry. "To be honest, I don't think it'll take too long for us to find these. I mean, it's a forest!", Axios exclaimed. "So... Rusty... Guess I should tell you mine, huh?", Axios started as they wandered about the forest. "Mine's origin is nowhere close to yours, but sorry about that. Axios is a word that means worthy, or to be worthy. Deminence is a word that I created myself. Without going into the technicalities of it, it means that nothing is ever imminent", Axios rambled before he looked up a tree where he could barely see a spiderweb in a hole in the trunk. "Hold on for a second", Axios told Rusty before climbing up the tree.

Axios didn't have a lot of experience climbing up trees, but he felt as if this one gave him enough grip. Almost there. Axios got close to the hole in the tree. He was able to find a handhold, and reached for the hole in the tree. However, as soon as he reached up for it and put his hand into the hole, he saw an arachnid start climbing out, panicked, and fell to the ground with a thud. Axios started groaning, and then looked back up to the hole in the tree, hoping that he could still possibly get it. However, it wasn't there. Must have grabbed it and then fell to the ground, thus breaking it. "Let's continue."

ID: 14836; LD: 10

Rusty quietly sighed as he attempted to do the same with another cobweb. When he climbed the tree after many attempts, he had managed to grab a piece of spider web before he tore it when he was spooked by the appearance of a large black widow. He fell from the tree and landed on his back, gritting his teeth that he had been stolen another piece of material. This was proving to be much more difficult than usual, and he almost wished to continue fighting before sucking it up and continuing alongside Axios.

ID: 14869 LD: 6 - Failure

"Guess these had to come from somewhere huh?", Axios told Rusty before catching sight of a cotton plant field in a clearing. Weird... Axios slowly began to approach it, hand at his side near his sheath before looking around and seeing nothing too suspicious. "Let's see if we can multitask, you get spiderwebs and I'll get the cotton plants!", Axios said with a small chuckle afterwards.

As Axios bent down to pick up the cotton plant, he successfully was able to get the cotton piece but he wasn't able to retrieve it. Instead, he caught it on the torns, completely destroying the cotton. This just can't go my way can it?

Axios: 9/11

Rusty: 10/22

ID: 14881; LD: 11

Rusty had failed once again at collecting a piece of material. He had picked a cotton plant, but in an attempt to pick the ctton off the stem, he had ripped it into pieces so that it burst into millions of pieces. This was getting annoying and he was growing tired of this quest. "You know, we don't have to keep going. We've already hit the criteria for you to become a tailor and this material searching is only for how many pieces of materi you start with. Although, its up to you to decide."

ID: 14869 LD: 6 - Failure 

List of Items

Boar Hides: 3/5

Spiderwebs Fragments: 0/2

Cotton Pieces: 0/3

• 2 weeks later...

"What?!" Axios was in shock. "The NPC who agreed to teach me said...", Axios began as he looked at the quest requirements once again. It read the following: [Earning a Living] A certain amount of time must pass in order to finish this quest. A feeling of dread, and a weirdly stereotypical face crept over Axios. "But...", was all Axios was able to get out. Why would she tell me that? Axios began to try regaining his stature before realizing his jaw was still hanging open, his eyes were still wide, and that it was basically frozen like that. After staying that way, in the same spot, Axios was able to assume a normal face. "So... Wanna start heading back? Of course you do, let's go", Axios quickly finished off while starting off a jog towards what he presumed to be the direction of Starting City. "Sorry about that, it's just that... She told me that I needed to finish the quest by collecting all the materials...", Axios trailed off while on the road back to Starting City.

At the gate of Starting City, Axios turned to look at Rusty. "This is where we part ways huh? I'll message you when I set up and its location." Axios began to slightly tear up, however, it wasn't noticable. One of the few people who like to help in this game... So many others are out for themselves. "If you want to have any last words about this, you can tell me at the shop or somewhere else. Just... Thanks. Seriously, thank you", Axios finished before heading back to the square of Starting City to meet with Fatnadur again.

His visit back to the square was mostly uneventful. Fatnadur basically told him that he was to buy a property and that would truly finish the quest. Axios wasn't too bothered with it. He simply just created a stand outside of the gates of Starting City. When he "established" it as his property (mainly just putting a sign that it was his), a notification popped up. That was mostly uneventful. All he had was a counter, a backdoor, 4 walls, an area behind the counter for his workspace, and a roof with a canopy protecting his goods. Sure, it wasn't much, but he felt like it was the best thing. Thanks Rusty... I owe you... Big time...

Earned:

• Mats: 3 + X (X is to be decided by the LD of a GM)
  • Col: 800 for each player (400*2 and we both participated in each page completed)
  • Ability to open up shop
  • Title of Beginner Tailor
  • 1 SP for each player (?)

• 2 weeks later...