[PP-F2] Deep Exploration with Calrex

It was very humid today. All over the place virtual mosquitoes buzzed about. Apparently Heathcliff heard the complaint and added a patch update for some virtual bugs. They did not do much except irritate the pants off of people. Not very good to loose your head though. Monsters have no problem with killing distracted players. Still this deep into the forest one has to tread carefully or it would be your last step. You never know what to expect here in Aincrad!

Calrex looked around as he waved some mosquitos out of his face, his blue bangs being blown left and right from the force of his swats, "Alright who brought the blood-suckers to the party?"

"Was there this many here before? I swear it wasn't this densely populated with the little buggers before. Either that or there's some kind of seasonal weather algorithm in the game that changes as the days go on."

As another bug landed on his arm Calrex managed to smack it, the flattened mosquito falling off of him, "So...where was it I was going again?"

While he was wandering around he looked over, seeing a familiar face from before. It was Skylar, whom he had seen on the second floor before when he was looking around for materials. He gave a friendly wave as he assumed a social persona, "Hey there Skylar, long time no see!"

Skylar looked up to the source of sound calling his name. It was his blue haired acquaintance Calrex. "Hey Calrex long time no see!"

Skylar took this moment to swat some bugs and deleting the pesky creatures from this cyber space. It may not have done any good because who knows when they would respawn again.

"So what brings you to this neck of the woods?" At that point Rutta decided to catch up with them. The snow leopard growled a warning at the sudden appearance of a stranger. "Rutta this is a friend not a enemy" At the sound of Skylar's voice Rutta stopped growling but eyed Calrex closely.

Before Calrex could answer Skylar's question he saw a snow leopard, a fairly out of place creature for the second floor, come running up and quickly growled at him. As Skylar tried to calm the creature down it gave Calrex the clear sign that this was his acquaintance's familiar. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rutta. I'm Calrex."

"Huh, it kind of reminds me of Oikawa's leopard cub King. Maybe I'll need to introduce the two of them at some point."

Returning back to Skylar's question Calrex put his hands in his jacket pockets, "Nothing really this time. I'm normally up and about searching for materials, but this time I'm just kind of wandering around. How about you?"

"I was actually just exploring. I heard floor 2 has a dungeon that not many people know about. I am trying to improve so I can join the war on the front lines. Better weapons or even fighting monsters that would help me level is nice." He had nothing to hide so why bother lying to Calrex. Skylar has always been a pretty open person and that would not change any time soon.

"Hm...not a bad idea. If it's a dungeon you're heading for mind if I join you? I'd like to get a little stronger as well. Besides..."

Calrex smirked as he brought his arm back, the familiar yellow glow of the <<Martial Arts>> skill activating as he thrust his arm forward, the fist traveling through the air before ending his strike, "I've gotta find some way to make this ability stronger."

"Okay maybe that was a little too flashy, but I think Skylar got my point. From what I remember he also trained in the <<Martial Arts>> skill as well."

"In any case have you gotten any other information about the dungeon, like if we'd be at the proper level to get through it safely?"

Skylar was not at all surprised by the martial art skill Calrex displayed. He already had the feeling that he trained in that skill too. "Yeah between the two of us we could make it just fine. Follow me"

Skylar took the lead walking down a path he remembered from before. He stopped right in front of the dungeon. "There! That crevice right there will be helpful to leveling us up. They say the more monsters you fight the stronger you become. Just make sure you have all the gear you want to use ready." Rutta sat while Skylar checked his gear and got ready for the expedition.

"Got it. Alright then give me a second."

Calrex swiped down on his menu as he made sure all of his equipment was ready. His Wristguards of Hardened Stone appeared on his wrists as his Vampirism armor appeared on his upper body. He checked and made sure his Anneal Blade was on his hip as he gave a nod, "Alright, ready when you are."

He gave a couple of stretched to loosen himself up before he clenched and unclenched his fists, making sure that they were solid, but also flexible so that he could easily switch from an offensive to defense stance, "Hopefully there will be enough monsters that I might get strong enough to become a front-liner even faster than before."

"Do you know if there are any visual difficulties inside the cave? I know that some areas are actually dark enough that they can hinder combat. If that's the case I can take point, since I've gotten Night Vision."

Skylar stood and thought about it for a moment. "Yeah you take point. If I cannot see where we are heading it may only lead to us falling of Aincrad." Skylar heard stories of people falling off only to die. No item could save you once you started to fall, and death in this game was the scariest part.

Besides Skylar would have invested in the Night Vision skill, but he wanted to work on his other skills, and build them up before taking on any new one's. Skill Points in the right place can be the difference between life and death.

Skylar had a lot to think about and he had to make sure everything was ready. He told Calrex as much of the truth as he could. True the dungeon had a lot, but there was also the myth of the Opal Earrings being inside. Not that he believed Calrex would wear them but he seemed like the girlfriend Casanova type. "So when you are ready lead the way!" Skylar waited for Calrex to lead before taking another step with Rutta.

Calrex gave a nod as he took point, letting his eyes relax as he let his <<Night Vision>> skill activate as he gave a calming breath, "Heh, don't worry, I have a feeling if were about to fall off Aincrad we would know it. Too bad there's no grappling hooks though."

As he entered the dungeon he kept his right hand on his Anneal Blade, descending down the staircase, "I'll let you know if there's anything that might be a threat or worth investigating. It seems like it's decently lit so far at least."

The entrance to the dungeon seemed like your typical dungeon crawler, with torches lining each side of a hallway large enough for a sword wielding explorer to fit through and be able to wield their weapon without hindrance. Calrex waited to let Skylar catch up before he continued inside, "So you said that the item inside could possibly a pair of Opal Earrings? Do they give any kind of status enhancement?..."

He gave a smirk as he changed his tone to a more lighthearted tone, "Or are you looking to gift them to someone special?"

"I don't think that Teayre actually wears much jewelry other than the necklace she always has on. Of course I'm not gonna go and ask her to get her ears piercing if they're not."

He gave a smile to himself as he let himself refocus, "Everything seems clear on my end. Do you see anything?"