[SP-F1] Blades of Dreams (Complete)

Helios had arrived in Urbus after fighting boars outside of the town. After grinding monsters for a little while he decided that a new sword was necessary for him to get stronger. "If I want to become a known player in SAO then i'm going to need a new weapon." he mumbled. After talking to a few people, he found a small blacksmith that sold weapons for fairly cheap. He entered the blacksmith and an NPC came out of the back room. She was a lot shorter than he was and she was kind of cute. Come on Helios, shes an NPC! Get it together man! He blushed slightly and then quickly snapped back to reality. "Hey player! Welcome to Sai's Blacksmith! I presume you're looking for a weapon?" the NPC asked as Helios walked in. He walked up to the counter and looked at some of the swords. "Yes, actually I am. Do you make custom orders?" he asked her, hoping he could get a custom weapon. The weapons that she had made did look great, but they didn't fit his taste. "Yes custom orders are definitely possible. The sword is also free! All you have to do is collect the materials for me. Any kind of sword you're looking for?" she replied. He looked down at his scimitar that was fastened to his belt. Maybe I could go for that Katana skill... he thought. The Katana skill needed 3 points in One Handed Curved Sword. He was pretty certain he could do it. "How about a katana? Would you be okay with making that?" he asked the NPC girl.

"Of course! I'll make any weapon that you have in mind. Now, what about the details?" she said as she pulled up an order menu. Helios had to put some thought into this. Picking out details for things had always been hard for him. After thinking about it for a minute he decided what his sword would look like. "If it's possible, I'm thinking a katana made from some sort of speed type material. For the colors, I'd like the blade to be silver. As for the hilt and sheath, black with gold threading." he said politely.

Material Type: Speed
Sword Type: Katana

Color: Silver blade, crimson sheath and hilt with gold threading.

Sai was awfully generous, saying that he didn't need to pay. He didn't mind collecting the materials for her, since he knew he wasn't getting scammed. She was nice, for an NPC. Helios almost thought she was human. He didn't care if she was human or AI though. She was friendly either way. "Yup! I can do all of that for you. Now, for the materials... Lets see..." she responded. He was really hoping he wouldn't have to go anywhere higher than the 4th floor. Even that seemed a little bit high for his level. "The materials can actually be found on this floor. There's a dungeon on one of these mountains. Inside, there are dragons. I need you to kill two of them for me. They will drop a material called a "Dragon Scale". Bring them back to me and i'll make you your sword." she smiled. Helios was determined to get this sword, no matter what he had to go through. He nodded to show that he was going to bring back the items and he waved as he left the blacksmith.

Helios stopped by a shop to quickly pick up a health potion. "I'm  going to need at least one of these if I'm going to kill 3 dragons." he mumbled. He then left Urbus and headed for the mountain that Sai spoke of. The second floor was actually quite nice. He had always liked climbing trees, so a forest was perfect for him. He had walked through two forests before finally making it to the mountain. Of course, he would have been faster, but he took a nap in a tree somewhere in between. "I really wish I had bought a teleport crystal..." he sighed. He walked into the cave in the side of the mountain and drew his scimitar. "Alright, so I need to kill three of these dragons." he muttered. The dragons didn't have much health, so Helios was lucky. He charged towards one of them but it evaded his attack and scratched him. They're fast... he thought as he landed on the hard ground.

ID: 13659

BD: 4

MD: 6

Helios: 10/11

Small Dragon: 6/6

Helios swiftly stood back up and readied his sword before the dragon could attack him again. He swung his sword at the monster, but it didn't even try and dodge. Instead, they both slashed each other at the same time. He flinched, stepping back a few steps. "I knew this would be hard, but I didn't expect this... I have to kill two of these!" he exclaimed. His health once again dropped a little bit lower. The dragon looked at him, calm and ready for the next attack. Helios calmed down. He tried to predict the dragon's movement by watching it. I'm going to get this sword... No matter what it takes... he thought.

ID: 13362

BD: 7
MD: 7

Helios: 9/11

Small Dragon: 5/6

Helios had to be fast if he was going to attack it without being attacked back. He stood up and ran towards the dragon. The dragon instantly pushed him away, knocking him to the ground. Even for a small dragon, it was still pretty tough to kill. It's too fast... If only this scimitar was made from a speed type metal... he thought. He was starting to get a little bit scared. These dragons did not have much health, but they were fast. He could barely even get a hit on them! Helios once again stood back up getting ready to attack it again.

ID: 13664

BD: 2

MD: 8

Helios: 8/11

Small Dragon: 5/6

"I'm not losing to you, dragon!" he said as he charged it, this time thinking a lot clearer. Getting knocked to the ground a few times really helped him. Well, other than losing his health that is. He slammed into the dragon and stabbed it with his sword, knocking it over. I just did that... he thought as he pulled the sword out of the dragon's stomach. He grinned as the dragon got back up. It charged at him, bashing him up against the wall of the cave. It held him there, waiting to attack him again. It seemed like he was deciding what to do or something. If he didn't escape his grasp, there was a high chance he wouldn't survive.

ID: 13667

BD: 9

MD: 6

Helios: 7/11

Small Dragon: 3/6

He tried to lift his sword, but the dragon quickly pushed his hand up against the wall, making him drop it.  The dragon lifted his hand and sliced his arm. After that it decided to drop him and walk back. It seemed that he was allowing Helios to attack it back. He had lost a little bit of extra health from the drop, but he still believed he could kill the dragon. He reminded himself about the health potion he bought before leaving Urbus. I'm going to have to use that later... Or possibly soon... he thought.

ID: 13668

BD: 2

MD: 9

Helios: 5/11

Helios accepted the dragon's request. He was going to out-skill the monster. He rushed the dragon with full force, hoping he'd get a hit on it. Instead, the dragon decided to move out of the way. It swiftly attempted to slam him to the ground, but it was sloppy enough for to Helios evade the attack. He chuckled at the dragon, who did not look pleased. I may not have hit it, but I did dodge his attack. At least I know I can do that... he thought, deciding his next move. He readied his sword once again and the dragon focused on him. It stared at him with its angry eyes, like it was staring into his soul or something. The thought of it kind of scared him, but he didn't let it get to him. He needed to stay focus to get the scale.

ID: 13670

BD: 5
MD: 1

Helios felt a lot more focused now. He walked up to the dragon and lifted his sword. The dragon closed his eyes, as if it was allowing him to attack. He sliced through the dragon and it flinched. The dragon then proceeded to rush him. Helios jumped out of the way as the monster attacked. "Nope. Not this time, dragon." he chuckled. To Helios, it looked like the dragon was starting to lose focus. It looked extremely angry now. The monster was letting rage fill him instead of staying on target. I wonder what will happen next... Will it hit me? Or will I be able to dodge it... he thought. The dragon roared, which made Helios flinch. Not because he was scared or anything. It was just because he didn't expect it. He thought he had a pretty good chance of killing it.

ID: 13673

BD: 6
MD: 2

Small Dragon: 2/6

Helios ran towards the dragon at full speed. He was sure he'd hit it. Even if he didn't KO it, it'd lose health. He stabbed the monster in the leg, making it hard for it to stand up. The dragon was weak now. So weak that he wasn't sure it could attack him anymore. "Well dragon, what are you going to do now?" he asked, even though he knew it couldn't reply. The dragon attempted to slash Helios, but completely missed him. Instead of attacking, the dragon just laid there, helplessly. Helios assumed that it knew it was going to die. He couldn't help but feel a little bit bad for the monster. He walked up to it, ready to end this battle.

ID: 13675

MD: 1

Small Dragon: 1/6

Helios lifted his sword, targeting the dragon's head. He swung down with full force. To his surprise, the dragon moved his head just enough that the sword wouldn't hit him. He was now confused. Why did it move it's head... he wondered. Swiftly, the dragon clawed at his legs, knocking him over. The dragon had a grin on it's face that he hadn't seen before. "What are you plotting?" he asked. Of course, the dragon still couldn't respond, as it was just a monster. He stood up slowly, making sure he could dodge any of the dragon's attacks. Interestingly enough, the dragon did not attack him, which made Helios even more confused. I have no idea what it's going to do... he thought.

ID: 13676

BD: 4

Helios: 4/11

He was done fighting this dragon. He needed to end it as soon as possible. To his surprise, the dragon stood back up. It seemed like the monster was just toying with him. Helios charged at it, but was immediately launched backwards. The tables had once again turned, and this time luck was not on his side. He was close to dying. One more hit and his health would drop into the red zone. He opened his inventory and looked at the potion. No, not yet... he thought. He needed to kill the dragon first, then he'd heal. He readied himself for another attack and hastily rushed the dragon.

ID: 13678

BD: 5

Helios: 3/11

The dragon grinned. It charged at Helios and they slashed each other at the same time. The dragon's health dropped to zero and it shattered into a million shards. Helios dropped to his knees in agony. "I... did it..." he sighed. A notification window popped up in front of him. He had obtained a Dragon Scale. He moved his finger over to the accept button and tapped it. Helios stood up and walked towards the wall of the cave. He sat down, tired. The dragon was dead and he had defeated it. He laid there, leaned up against the cave's wall. "That was tiring." he muttered, yawning.

ID: 13769

LD: 11

Helios: 2/11

Small Dragon: 0/6 (Dead)

Helios sat there, quietly. He went into his inventory and equipped the health potion. He knew he needed to drink it, but he had had a problem with it. He had never drank a health potion and he was scared to find out what it tasted like. He chuckled at the thought. The taste of a health potion was the least of his problems. He still had to kill another dragon and only a little bit of his health had come back. He wondered if drinking this would give him enough health to kill a dragon. He slowly uncapped the health potion and looked at it for a minute before drinking it. "This better taste good." he said with a small grin. He put the tip of the potion in his mouth and drank it. His health bar went back into the green zone, but it still wasn't full. It actually didn't taste to bad to Helios, but he couldn't put his finger on what the taste was. He chuckled a little bit. "Why was I worrying about the taste of a potion?" he mumbled, grinning slightly.

Standing up, Helios looked towards another dragon. "Right, I still have to fight that." he sighed. He picked up his scimitar that was on the ground beside him. The first dragon had almost killed him. He was slightly nervous about fighting the second one. I need to do this... I'm getting my katana, no matter what it takes... he thought. His expression turned serious as he looked at the dragon. It hadn't even noticed him yet, so he thought he might be able to get a hit on it from behind. "Alright, dragon. Time to get another scale." he muttered as he pointed his sword at the dragon. This was the final battle for the sword. He just needed to kill this dragon to get the second Dragon Scale, and he was going to win. The katana was almost his.

Helios looked at the dragon and swiftly attacked it without warning. He stabbed it in the back and the beast roared as loud as he possibly could. This dragon seemed a lot angrier than the last one, which scared him a little bit. He pulled the sword out of it's back and stepped back as the dragon turned around. Something was off about this dragon that he didn't like. The dragon opened his mouth slightly and Helios saw fire slowly creeping up it's throat. His expression changed once again as the dragon started breathing fire. "A breath attack!" he exclaimed. He was surprised. He should have guessed that a dragon could breath fire, but since the last one didn't, he dismissed the thought. The dragon roared and fire came out of it's mouth. It was like an erupting volcano. Helios tried to block it, but he couldn't. The heat instantly made him fall backwards. He had lost a lot of health from that attack. He didn't know if he'd be able to survive many more.

ID: 13682

BD: 9
MD: 10

Helios: 6/11

Small Dragon: 4/6

Helios had gotten frustrated with the whole "Dragons outsmarting him" thing and he was fed up with fighting them. He stood up and swung his scimitar. The blade was quite hot from the fire, but he didn't care. He charged at the dragon, his eyes filled with rage. He rapidly stabbed the dragon in the stomach and it once again roared. It tried to slice through him but Helios quickly dodged it's attack. "Once more. Get ready to die dragon!" he exclaimed as he got ready to rush the monster. He then realized what he was doing. I can't stoop to it's level... I need to focus and not let rage fuel me... he thought, sighing. He focused on this dragon's weak points. It looked to him like the easiest one to get to would be the stomach. "That's where i'll aim for." he mumbled.

ID: 13684

BD: 10

MD: 2

Helios: 6/11

Helios ran towards the dragon and swung at it with full force. He slashed the dragon's stomach but this time, it didn't roar. Helios was thrown to the floor the second the sword cut through the dragon. The dragon shattered like the last one and once again, a notification popped up. He pressed accept for the second time and stood back up. He picked up his scimitar and sheathed it. "Now i've got both of the Dragon Scales. Sai can make me my sword when I get back." he said, grinning. He'd get his katana and become a strong, well known player. That was his goal for the game. He opened his inventory, looking for a teleport crystal, when he realized something. "I forgot to buy a teleport crystal!?" he yelled. He walked out of the dungeon and sighed. "I guess i'll be walking back to Urbus then." he said, looking extremely tired. He yawned as he walked away from the dragon-filled mountain.

ID: 13685

BD: 8

LD: 11

Small Dragon: 0/6 (Dead)

"It would be so much nicer if I had someone to talk to well I was out here." Helios sighed. He was in the last forest on his way back to Urbus and he was just about ready to fall over. He climbed into one of the trees and opened his inventory. "Time for lunch." he chuckled. He equipped a loaf of bread out of his inventory and grinned as he took a bite out of it. It didn't really taste as good as he expected. It was kind of stale and hard to bite into. "They could have at least made this taste a little bit better when they made SAO..." he muttered. He took some water out of his inventory and jumped out of the tree after finishing the bread. "Well, time to get back to Urbus. I need Sai to make my sword!" he exclaimed. He kept walking forward until he reached the end of the forest. Just ahead was Urbus, and in the town was Sai's Blacksmith. Helios took a sip from his water as he walked back to the town, with a smile on his face.