[pp=F1] New Meetings. (With Rebekah) (Completed)

Sotana sat on the bench looking at all of the people. They were smiling, so she was too. She waved and laughed when somebody waved back at her. Never in her life had she felt so happy, Well after her parents death. She remembered that horrid day the person broke into her house, killed her parents in front of her and her brothers faces. She felt so alive, so free...She loved her parents, and they were all she cared about, as well as her dog, Sir and her brother, Tirashi. She missed them, She honestly didn't miss Tirashi's girlfriend Ayme. She was always like, 'Oh you have to call me Ayme, Tirashi calls me Ay...' She would always say battering her eyes at him. Sotana hated her, never liked her, but when she was about to tell Tirashi the horrid things she does to her, Ayme always threatens Sotana. 'If you tell him, I'll say you were lying, Then when I get engaged to Tirashi, I'll make your life a living hell...' Sotana didn't want to take that risk so stayed quite. Hopefully, Ayme or Tirashi won't take off the nerve gear, That would be bad...Very bad.

It had been forever since she visited the first floor. These days, most of the players she knew rarely visit the first floor, as she could do everything she needed on the upper floors. However, she was completely bored, and decided to take a trip in the town of beginning on floor one. It felt like forever since she was last down here, as the streets were no longer as crowded as they used to be. That was something that she wanted to avoid, being over crowded in places like these. That was why she left this floor as soon as possible. Between the 10,000 players that had started this game, some have died, but also some have also moved on to living on the upper floors, thus this town had been getting a lot quieter with each visit.

She was walking around when she could not help but notice a smaller girl, around her height sitting on the bench. She did not seem to be wearing any armour, or going as far to wielding a weapon. She walked up to the girl, and decided to check on her, and she realized it had been months since she had helped out another similar girl in this situation. Rebekah decided to walk up towards the bench, and judge her reaction, if she was going to run away or hide, then there was nothing she could do. But if she was to stay and listen to her, perhaps she could help her in some meaningful way.

Sotana put her head up. "I hate Ayme...She ruined my life..." She said through gritting her teeth. She then got out a notebook and drew next to the picture she sketched of Ayme and drew a troll and wrote, 'This is the real Ayme Troll' She said and drew a smiley face. She then drew her brother, a nice man. She then got out markers she had brought into the game by hacking it in. She then coloured in his brown hair and blue eyes. He was smiling in the drawing, he always smiled, Thats why she loved him. They always jumped around together as kids, He was an optimist, and a very great one. When she looked up finally from smiling she gasped. She saw a completely strange stranger looking at her. She then relaxed and smiled. "Hello, I'm The irish Maiden but my name is Sotana!" she exclaimed. 

Rebekah was over thinking everything, the girl had introduced herself just as she had walked up to her. She quickly responded, "Hello Sotana, I am Rebekah." She looked around and saw her holding a tiny notebook that she had not noticed earlier. She was surprised to see someone younger than her trapped in this game, especially a girl. She asked, "So, what brings you into this game?" Judging by her appearance, she could infer that Sotana was a year or two younger than her. She seemed rather cheerful, perhaps that had to be something she wrote or drew in the book? She could ask about it, but decided to wait a bit more before deciding whether or not to pursue the question.

As she was waiting for a reply, Rebekah sat down beside her on the same bench that looked out towards the rather empty road in front of her. At least it was empty by her standards, and not the overcrowded first floor during the start of the game. It was rather quiet, which was nice, as she hated talking over a group of people walking in the streets.

"Well Rebekah...I always got bullied in my school, So i was a beta tester, I got the real one, And now I'm here" She smiled. "Hey wanna see my new drawing?" she didn't wait for an answer. She was shoving the notebook in Rebekah's face. it was all coloured and outlined. "Is it good? well is it? IS IT GOOOD????" she shouted and kept shouting it.

The girl had shoved the drawing right in front of her, and it looked good. Rebekah was not an artistic person and could not draw anything, so she was amazed at how others were able to easily draw something naturally. She figured that Sotana was one of those players, but the word "beta tester" has been said. She was surprised at how quickly she admit she was one of them, and quickly told her, "Don't ever mention that you were a beta tester, it can lead you into a lot more trouble than you want." She made sure that nobody was in the nearby vicinity to eavesdrop on the conversation. Personally, Rebekah had nothing against beta testers but there are some people out there who hate them.

After that she took a few seconds before responding to her art work, and said, "It looks good, I like the outline and the colouring. Who is that?" as she pointed at the picture of the drawing.

"oh I won't...My brother taught me in games, if you were a beta tester never to release it...People HATE THEM!!!" She laughed. "My sweet sweet brother Tirash...He is awesome!" she grinned. She was hyper and then she stopped her music. "Its my brother!" She grinned. She then showed her a picture of Ayme. "This is the troll Ayme!" She shouted. She then looked around making sure people called Ayme weren't Offended. She saw a few people standing looking shocked and offended but then Sotana mouthed 'sorry wrong Ayme' to them and put her thumbs up for reassurance. They then walked off.

Rebekah looked at the picture once again, at Sotana's brother. She did not recall seeing anyone like him in the game, but decided to ask anyways, "Is it just yourself, or is your brother also in this game?" As she was wondering, she realized that there was a huge chance that he would not be in the game, or else she would not have drawn a picture of him. She looked at the troll, and how many other people were staring at them after her mini-outburst, and offered a suggestion, "Would you like to talk more inside a cafe?" as they were a lot quieter than the streets.

There was also another question she wanted to ask, but did not want to ask in public, which was why as a beta tester she was underleveled compared to most of the active players that she sees walking around. While she was not expecting her to be the highest strongest player, but this was not the place to ask, or at least not on the bench on a rather busy street with many people walking around.

Sotana sighed. "My brother...He isn't here...His troll of a girlfriend got ill and he stopped the beta too take care of her...Waste of his time" She stopped and then looked at a cáfe "There?" She asked, But she didn't wait for an answer, she walked right in and sat on a seat next to the door. She motioned Rebekah to follow and expected her to do so. While she was waiting she looked at the picture again. "I wish you came with me...I'm alone now.." She said and packed her notebook away. She hated Ayme so much.

As they entered the cafe, they found a rather quiet place to sit, far away to avoid other people from listening in on their conversation. "So, how is your brother? Excuse me for asking too much but do you suppose your brother's girlfriend faked getting sick?" Rebekah asked. She could tell that there was a heavy dislike of her brother's girlfriend, perhaps it had something to do with her taking him away from the girl. That was the logical explanation, but there was probably something more out there, but she could not tell.

At this moment, she was stuck in this death game where they had only cleared up to the first 10 floors, and there was another 90 to go before they could do much. It was unclear whether or not she wanted to return home, as on one hand there was her brother, but also the girlfriend that she detested. It was a complicated family dynamic, but she had one herself, and would refer not to talk about it if possible.

Sotana sighed. "Yes...I asked her and she said yes..." Sotana then opened another notebook and two of the pages said 'GO TO HELL' "I wish she would go to hell..." Sotana mumbled. Then Sotana jerked up her head. "She probably will take the nerve gear off my head! then I'll die..." She cried. It was a small cry but loud enough for Rebekah to hear. "Please, Rebekah you have to help me..." She said and she sniffed. "She will kill me..." Sotana said. she then drew a picture of a scared girl. She showed Rebekah and frowned.

Rebekah knew that she had no control over what anything was happening in the real world, but that did not stop her from attempting to reassure her. "If she was going to remove your nervegear, she would have done it a long time ago." Rebekah spoke. "There is nothing to worry about, its already been months over a year since this game has started." She knew that wasn't very helpful, but then again she knew lots of high level players who would just disappear and reappear weeks or months later, after vanishing without a trace.

At least Sotana had her notebook with her, something that made her feel more comfortable, as she could draw on a piece of paper, to show her feelings are at the moment, which is better than bottling everything inside of her. Rebekah then asked, "Would you like anything to drink?" as they were sitting in the cafe, and trying to change the topic from something depressing into something else more neutral.

"I hope so..." She said. "I would like a coke please." Sotana said and just held the little notebook in her hands. She was thinking 'this 'Rebekah' person is nice' and she smiled. She rubbed the fabric of the notebook. she looked at the pictures over and over. she stuck in some pictures. she looked at them. She was happy to be with someone. she was scared at the death game, but knowing she had a friend, she knew it was all right

As the nearby NPC waiter arrived at her table, she quickly told her to order a coke, and a coffee, for herself. She had been up since early morning today, and needed the extra caffine to help stay awake. Since, they were inside a rather quiet cafe, she was then able to ask a few questions. "Excuse me for being nosy but how long have you been here by yourself on the first floor, for a beta tester?" Rebekah asked. She was not quite interested in hearing about any tricks or tips that players such as her may know, especially since they had cleared the 10th floor already. However, she was still fiddling with her notebook.

While this was a death game, and at times even herself was scared, she knew that she had to be strong, and be optimistic about the future, because there is no point in worrying about something that Rebekah would have no control over.

"Since...Since a few months ago, I help out with the children stuck in here." She mumbled. She had no place to go anymore, Her brother always protected her. She put down her notebook and sat there looking down. "He was always with me ever since...ever since that day took over our lives..." She was talking about her parents murder. It was horrifying to see her parents getting killed, in front of her at such a young age. She was 14 now and wasn't supposed to be scared of such things, but she was frightened for her brother to be taken away. 

"That's good to know." Rebekah replied. She had always wondered about what had happen to all the children who are playing this game, as she never saw them ever after that eventual first day, and soon they all disappeared. It was great to find out that somebody was looking after them. "Well, I suppose that helping other kids was a nice escape, but I assume you want to return as quick as possible back to home to be with your brother?. Rebekah spoke. She knew that eventually they needed to make a push or two towards some more progress towards the end. Barely 10% of the progress have been made to date, and it was going to take another while before any big progress could be made.

Rebekah wanted to know what 'that day' had meant, but decided not to push it any further. It had felt to her that she did not feel like talking more about that day, as her mood had changed drastically when those last few words were mentioned.

"I do, I swear I do but...I don't like to fight, If i die thats the end of me..." she said. "I'd rather take care of the children" She replied quickly. She got up a minute later. "I've gotta go take care of them" She said and rushed out. 'She was asking a lot of questions...It freaked me out' she thought and kept running until she found a rock to hide behind.

Just like that, Sotana had ran out of the cafe, talking about something about looking after the children. Rebekah took a moment, then decided to follow her. She had nothing planned for today, and she had really wanted to know what had happened to all the children that were left behind at the start of this game. Ever since the beginning, there had been a divide between those who stayed inside the towns, and those who tried desperately to move on, and finish the game. Rebekah was one of those who left as soon as she could to become stronger, so that this game would end a lot quicker.

Thankfully, Sotana was not far ahead, and the road was quite straight, thus she was still able to follow her through the town.

Sotana saw her coming and gasped. She started going through a big hill to lose her. She saw lots of monsters like Boars coming close to her. She gasped. "No...i can't die here, not now!" she said. She ran and ran with all her might she wasn't going to die, not now. Her leg finally got cut by the boar and she screamed.

Irish Maiden 16/20

Boar 20/20

Finally the boar gave up and left her.

Rebekah saw her up ahead being attacked by a boar, and her leg was bleeding. As she walked to her, she tried her best to reassure the girl. Rebekah knew that it was going to take a matter of a few minutes before her leg was going to heal up perfectly, and wanted to ask why she had ran all the way out of the town into the grassy fields away from the town, but she decided not to ask. If she wanted to leave, there was no point in chasing after her. That big boar was a challenge for any low level player but especially tough for Sotana since she had no weapons or armour. She was lucky the boar gave up and left instead of continuing to attack her.