SP - F3 Gift Within The Maze <<Search for the Hoya>> (Completed)

After making his way back out of the tomb Calrex quickly made his way back down the staircase, skipping a few steps here and there, but not enough that he built up enough momentum to lose his balance. After what seemed to be an endless flight back down he arrived at the foot, turning to view the second minotaur statue that was to his left. After everything that he had gone through in the previous puzzles, it appeared that the minotaur still remained unchanged. It was in the same pose as before, holding a spear in its left arm vertically with the point facing upwards. Its face remained stoic, and there was a small crack...

"Crack? I don't remember that being there last time I inspected it."

Calrex looked closer to observe the defect in the almost perfect statue. It was big enough that there appeared to be a darkness underneath. This meant that the statue itself was actually hollow. Calrex gave a breath as he brought his fist back, "I really hope that this works..."

As his fist became covered in the rapidly moving aura chains he brought it forward. As his fist made contact with the statue the aura chains shot out like a shotgun blast once again, the added force completely obliterating the statue before it shattered into crystals. Calrex gave a calming breath as he saw what appeared to be another pressure plate where the statue was once standing. Now with its destruction there was no pressure holding it in place the plate disengaged.

A large rumble could be heard as Calrex turned to see the lower third of the staircase seemed to rotate upwards, exposing a small alcove underneath. Inside the alcove seemed to be a single pedestal with a small light illuminating it. As Calrex's eyes zoomed in to the pedestal he saw that there appeared to be some kind of pendant on it.

"That must be it..."

As Calrex approached the pedestal he made sure that there were no traps that he might trigger as he stepped closer and closer to it. Oddly enough, the only thing out of the ordinary in the small alcove...was the pendant itself. The necklace part itself seemed to remain the same, but the pendant. It seemed to be constantly shifting forms and shape. One second it was a diamond, the next it was a carved animal, the next a oval sapphire.

"The information definitely said that this pendant would change form each time someone did the quest, and that no single Hoya was the same. I guess it was right on the money..."

As he finally stood in front of the pedestal he reached over and slowly wrapped his arm around it, quickly taking it off it's stand. As he did Calrex heard a loud rumbling behind him, turning to see that staircase starting to close up once again. He quickly rushed forward, using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly move. As the stairs came within five steps of closing Calrex quickly crouched into a slide. Right as the staircase reached three steps away Calrex cleared the opening, the point of his helmet barely scraping the step as he passed through, small sparks coming off as he moved. Giving one last quickly roll Calrex got five paces away from the stairs as it completely closed. He looked away for a few second as he caught his breath.

"That...was almost too close..."

He looked down at the Hoya of Minos, seeing that it had finally settled on its form. It was a simple necklace which actually changed more than he expected. It not had a black woven string necklace with a teardrop-shaped pendant. The frame of the pendant was silver while the jewel inset was a strange jewel. As Calrex held it in his hand the jewel seemed to fill with a ocean blue, but when he set it down the jewel went clear white.

"That's strange...I wonder if it changes color to suit whomever the person is holding it...In any case I'd best...get out of here..."

He turned and looked in surprise as the tomb seemed to revert to its original state before Calrex arrived. Both minotaurs were in front of the staircase once again.

"Alright...weird, so...laters then..."

With that he turned and left the square, making his way back through the maze, "Once I get out of here I'd best message Teayre. I hope she likes it. It certainly is a strange crystal."

Quest Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)

• Quest Complete (2 SP)

• <<Hoya of Minos>>

• 1 Page Complete (400 col)

• 1 Material

• 115 col (Monster Health 23 * 5 = 115)