[OP-F3] The Forest of Wavering Mists

Takuto looked around. He had never seen such a beautiful forest it looked dark but weloming at least to him it did.

Tauto unsheated his sword and began walking to the edge of the forest when he was suddenly surprised by a shape in the mist. It looked like a human, but Takuto wasn't taking any chances he charged at the silhouette only to find a player standing in front of him. Takuto tripped trying to stop and fell over at the player's feet.

Takuto got up and dusted himself off," Sorry I thought you were a Monster... htis is my first time being on this floor", Takuto said re sheathing his sword.

For my first time being on the third floor, I was astounded by how the place looked. Walking forward I hadn't even noticed a player had just fallen in front of me. Hell I would have stepped on him had he not spoken. Instead of being a kind guy and help him up, I felt like I should have a laugh. "It's alright I guess, but if you wanted to bow before me you have just said so. I say with a smile even though the player can't see it.

"Uwah, I'm so excited!" Elyth smiles, holding a dissipating teleportation gem in one hand as she reached the third floor. "This'll be my first time on the third floor! Man, I hope I don't get lost anytime soon... Well now, where am I?"

It took some time for the irony of that to sink in. "I'm... lost. Already."

Elyth looked around, sighing again. This really was a beautiful forest. It seemed majestic in a way that made your soul content and made one extremely sleepy.

The silence was suddenly broken by a dialogue that came from the middle of nowhere. Well, it had been preceded by the sounds of someone attacking things, but that was all but background noise to Elyth now.

"P-people!" She thought. She then heard a familiar voice. It was Daeron, AKA Pathfinder, as she had dubbed him on their first encounter.

"Daeron!" Elyth shouted as she ran towards the direction of his voice. "I'm- oof!"

Elyth tripped over a vine, and ended up sprawled on the forest floor.

"Oh, good grief," Elyth pouted as she pushed herself up, quoting Charlie Brown. "Daeron! Can you hear me? Hello?"

Seeing as how Daeron didn't respond, Elyth deducted two theories on what may be happening at the moment. He either hadn't heard her, or she was hallucinating. But how is it possible to hallucinate here?

"Daeron," Elyth tried again, this time running forwards where she thought he'd be.

Daeron moved his hand back, he heard something. No, someone. It sounded like Elyth. "Elyth! Where are you? Daeron shouted in hopes of finding the voice. He had his mind set on finding the source. He had to be sure he wasn't going insane. He had to verify that he wasn't hearing things. Daeron began walking off from the boy who still layed there. "I'm sorry I have to try and find someone, I'll catch up with you later." said Daeron wandering off without a clue of where he was.

"Elyth!" The girl heard her name called out.

"Daeron, stay put! I'll come find you!" she yelled back, before adding quietly, "If I can track you down, that is..."

Elyth ran in the direction she thought she had heard Daeron calling out. Fortunately, she found tracks. Unfortunately, she didn't find Daeron.

But she did find a boy who was busy dusting himself off.

"Hey! Daeron! Where..." Elyth continued shouting, hoping to get a reply.

"Uh... Did you see another boy pass by here a moment ago? His name's Daeron and I'm looking for him."

Being on the floor three had not turned out like planned. The first thing that happened to Ferrah was finding his forest. This particular forest was unlike anything the girl had ever encountered on floor one or two. It was dense, shadowy and mysterious. And of course, she had to enter it. Really, she should have turned around when the mist started to take over the ground and make the surrounding hazy and unclear.

But no, she had kept going.

Therefore, ending up with her being lost. Now Ferrah only had a couple maps for floor three, and none of them mentioned anything about a forest. So much for being useful. By now, it had been about thirty minutes of wandering though this strange territory. Finally stopping in a clearing, Ferrah sighed, "Of course, I get lost now of all times." The girl didn't like to brag, but she considered herself good with directions. This forest was proving to be very challenging though.

Takuto stood up from where he had fallen. He looked at the boy who was runing off with a strange eagerness. Takuto just stood and walked into the forest hands in his coat pockets. takuto walked through the forest and heard something.

He unsheathed his sword and looked toward the noise it was Ferrah the girl from floor 1. he resheathed his sword and walked into the clearing. "Hi... you a little lost?", Takuto asked rubbing the back of his head as usual.

"Hi... you a little lost?"

Swiveling around Ferrah was surprised to find the boy that had knocked her out of the tree on floor one. Takuto. Just like usual he was rubbing the back of his head in an almost sheepish manner. She had only talked to him a couple times but he was friendly enough.

Although the word lost was on one she did not want to hear; even if it was the truth. She was lost. Taking a deep breath, taking in the fresh smell of the foliage, Ferrah exhaled once more. "A think a more than a little." She commented while folding her arms across her chest. More annoyed at herself than anything. "Do you know how to get out?" (Please say yes.)

Takuto looked around. He had never been here before but it felt like the forest was talking to him. He looked to his sides then back at Ferrah. "Well...", Takuto sighed with embarassment," I was hoping you did".

He looked around again and felt like someone was watching him. Takuto didn't like being in clearings like this one he felt so vulnerable to an attack.

Daeron had felt bad about abandoning the boy earlier, but he knew he had to find Elyth. He knew he couldn't just leave her, seeing as how they have a bit better of a bond than him and the boy did. Daeron had been walking for a few moments shouting out Elyth's name, but no response. At the same time, Daeron did feel as if he were being followed by a person or a creature of some sort. Every few moments Daeron would turn around expecting a figure to be standing there in the mist in front of him.

"Elyth! Where are you?" Daeron had shouted once more.

This time Daeron knew he had made a mistake, because when he looked up ahead he realized there was a figure, but it wasn't a person, it was a monster. Daeron has seen this figure before, but he was never fully capable of finding out what it was. When the figure stepped forward a name in red was above it. Daeron realized that it was a Dark Elven Wolf Handler. Daeron noticed the name and didn't see the wolf near the Elf. Suddenly, Daeron turned his head about 45 degrees to the right to hear a growling from behind him.

Battle Engaged

Daeron wasn't sure of how to do this seeing as how there were two completely different monsters up ahead. He was in fact nervous about fighting, but he remember about Elyth and how he had to find her. He knew he couldn't do that if he died right now. Then it came to him.

"That's right. Your wolf can't be given orders if you're dead you damn elf." He said to himself.

The elf itself had 7 Health and the wolf had 5 health. Daeron being a level 5 only had 13 health. The elf spoke in some weird language and pointed towards Daeron. Not knowing what he said, he figured it was a command to attack Daeron. Sure enough, the wolf was sprinting full course at him and had it's mouth open ready to sink its teeth into him. Daeron knew he had to be quick on his feet.

1-4 Get Hit (Take 1 Damage)

5-6 Dodge the Hit

7-8 Dodge the Hit and Counter (Deal 1 Damage To The Wolf)

9-10 Dodge the Hit and Counter in a Vital Spot (Deal 2 Damage To The Wolf)

Dice Roll: 10

The fact that Takuto was also sending swift and precise glances around the clearing indicated that Ferrah was not paranoid. Ever since entering this forest there had been a strange sensation of something watching her every move. Every turn. Every step. It was there. Unfortunately when Ferrah whipped around to try and find what had been stalking her, there had been nothing but mist. At first there had been the mild thought that she had been in this forest for too long and that it was playing games on her. Takuto verified that the previous thought was not the case.

Something was out there.

Ever so casually Ferrah rested her hand on her hip, right next to the hilt of the sword in case something attacked them. "I wish I knew," Ferrah sighed while scanning the shadows outside the clearing, "But there is mention of this forest on any of my maps." It was plain as day that Takuto was just as jumpy as her. There best bet would be to keep moving. "Maybe we should get out of here."

Takuto nodded and began to walk in the direction that seemed to be calling him.

He heard footsteps to his right. Then a wolf appeared from the brush. Takuto unsheathed his sword as he ran at it. He activated a basic power slash sword skill since the wolf wasn't supposed to be strong. well so he thought the wolf was actually a wolf from floor one it was a scout wolf meaning more would be coming. he hit the wolf and took a qaurter of its health bar away. The wolf snarled angrily and charged Takuto.

Battle dice

1-4 dodge

5-7 dodge, hit

8-10 dodge crit hit.

With only a simple nod Takuto start off in a seemingly random direction. Not wanting to get left behind, or be alone in that forest, Ferrah took quick steps to catch up with the boy. It wasn't long until she was a couple feet behind him, making sure to give him plenty of space. There was no reason for it other than the fact that his personality suggested that the preferred to work alone. Ferrah respected that for in many ways she did as well. But there was something about this forest that sent chills down her spine a coldness through her bones. It made her not want to be alone.

Then Takuto came to a stop. Within second of stopping a wolf leaped from the right. He was able to dodge. Withdrawing the sword, Ferrah drew it back to her waist and charged. She would not let him fight alone.

Hit: Even

Miss: Odd

Daeron was lost. Usually he found his way out of a place, but this is one of those times where he seriously regrets not having purchased a map. He isn't used to being lost because usually he is with a person. Luckily he knows how to survive on his own for a while. Until he found his way out or someone to join, he will have to be cautious on his own. He had no clue as to what he could find in these forests and he didn't really want to find out either. Usually a foggy forest in the real world meant there was a psychopathic killer lurking around preparing their next attack.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The wolf was in the air when Ferrah Slammed into the wolf knocking it away from Takuto.

Takuto dashed towards the wolf at this open chance.

He slashed and slashed at the wolf until it had only a few hp left. He then charged a double slash to destroy the creature.

Then as the creature disappeared into flakes of light Takuto grabbed Ferrah and began running.

A whole pack will be here soon we better get to a safe place before stopping Takuto thought.

Hit:Even

Miss:Odd