SP-F5 "The Desert Takes Everything From You..." <<Blood in the Sand>> (Completed)

Field Bosses seem to be my thing recently. I looked at the announcement board, and saw a notice for a challenging field boss on the 5th floor! A land...shark? This should be interesting...I accepted the quest and headed for the teleport pad. I stepped up onto the pad. "5th floor". The pad hummed and shot me off to my desired floor. I arrived to the feeling of dryness and heat I have come to expect from areas of the southern USA. My breath became a bit heavy as I walked in the sun. "Jesus Christ...Its freaking hot" I muttered. I wandered off into the desert, towards the quest marker for the creatures location.

I walked out to what seemed like an oasis. I walked closer to the marker, ready for the creature to attack! I pulled Immortal Fang out of his sheathe. "Come on buddy, I've got to go home. It's hot as Hell out here!" A rumbling moved the sand beneath me. A <<Sand Shark>> emerges from the sand and poised itself ready to charge. I ran and it before it ran at me, charging forward, I aimed straight for it's head.

14248 BD 6 (+2)=8 (Hit) MD: 7 (-2)=5 (Miss!)

Immortal Fang pierced straight into the Sharks skin. The shark flinched away, missing it's chance to attack!

Xanatos 24/24

Sand Shark 46/50 (-4)

The sand made it hard to get a solid footing. But I see it as a challenge to my skills. I couldn't dash around due to the sand moving beneath me, so I chose to stand my ground and test my skills at evasion and accuracy. The shark saw me standing still and charged straight at me again. I stuck Fang straight out ready to pierce the shark yet again.

14249 BD 5 (+3) =8 Hit! MD 8-2=6 Hit!

We both landed our blows. Fang stuck deep into its head. While the impact seemed to knock the breath out of me a bit.

Xanatos 23/24 (3-3 DMG MIT=1)

Sand Shark 42/50 (-4)

I felt my shoes fill with sand. Ugh..this will be so annoying to get rid of later...I tried my best to run at the shark. It weighed me down but luckily my skill in athletics allowed me to endure. I slashed expertly at the creature while keeping my footing solid in the sand. The extra weight made it a bit easier to keep my balance as i planned each and every strike.

14250 BD 5 (+3)=8 Hit! MD:10 (Critical +2)

I was able to get a good stab in, but the bared teeth of the creature managed to cut deep into my arm. Damn...that kinda stung a bit...

Xanatos 22/24 (5-4=1)

Sand Shark 38/50 (-4)

"Thank God for Oikawa's work..." I muttered to myself. I recovered my stature and readied myself for my next attack. I tried my best to get in a good position, thinking about where best to strike. The shark seemed to lie below the sand, stalking me. Looking for the same thing I was looking for...a weakness. I could feel the vibration under my feet, I closed my eyes. I could feel the earth around me, the shark was ready to attack. I struck out Fang right where I knew it would be.

14251 BD 7 Hit! MD 4 Miss!

I managed to hop and strike straight across its back. Right where I knew you would be...

Xanatos 22/24

Sand Shark 34/50 (-4)

The shark sat below the sand again, I couldn't help but chuckle at the movie reference I made to myself. The shark was a bit more intelligent than the last few field bosses I had faced. It had tact, strength, grace. It was a perfect predator. I had respect for this creature, but I knew it has to die. It will die by my hand and my hand alone. I swirled around and I saw it, a dip in the sand where it was moving! I struck straight down the disturbance in the sand.

14252 BD 4 (+3)=7 Hit! MD 2

Perfect! The blade struck something stirring beneath the sand. The shark moved away, somehow growling at me.

Xanatos 22/24

Sand Shark 30/50 (-4)

I felt a sense of pride in the act of hunting field bosses. With the exception of the Ice Elemental, I have solo hunted these creatures. With every kill I have become stronger, with every kill I have proven my strength. These creatures are nothing to me now, I need a new challenge! I struck Fang straight out at the shark, who had surfaced for another attack.

14253 BD 1 MD 7 (-2)=5

WE both seemed to fail in our attempt to damage the other, creating an air of competition between mother nature and I. I will win...setbacks or not

Xanatos 22/24

Sand Shark 30/50

I took off my shoes and placed them on the ground. "Adapt or die my friend. You better get some thicker skin." I ran on the sand and went to strike down on the body of the shark. The shark seemed to stare at me intently, what was he planning? What did I not know about it? I followed through my attack, ready to deal some serious damage.

14252 BD 10 MD (Critical Hit +2) 8-2=6 Hit

Fang cut a deep gash in the hide of the shark. I could see it starting to bleed. "Bleeding is just pain leaving the body, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

Xanatos 21/24 (3-3 DMG MIT=1)

Sand Shark 24/50 (4 +2=6)

The sound of the blade cutting the sharks skin made me grin. I am not what you would call sadistic..I just love the senses success brings. The sights, the smells, the thrill of a plan coming together. It's like Christmas for hunters. The shark seemed to have different plans than mine when it came to its survival. It submerged itself and charged straight towards me, sand tossing every which way.

14255 BD 9 (Critical +1) MD 10 (Critical +2)

The sand seemed to shift below me from the movement. The shark managed to get me in it's vice like jaws and clamp down. "Sh%$! This hurts!" I stabbed Fang straight into the shark's face. "Eye for an eye!"

Xanatos 20/24 (5-4=1) 

Sand Shark 19/50 (-5)

The shark tossed me into the sand, the gritty, rough rock sliding its way into my mouth. It gets everywhere...I can taste the blood in the sand...how many people has this thing taken a good bite out of...I swiped the blood off my blade. I can feel the fight coursing through me. I was ready to end this fast. I rushed straight at the shark, kicked the sand straight into its face. 

14256 BD 7 MD 1

The shark did not seem affected by the sand but, shy'd away from the sand thinking of my blade behind the sand. Immortal Fang scratched deep into it's hide. "Haha, that worked out!"

Xanatos 20/24

Sand Shark 15/50 (-4)

The shark was not happy that he was being soloed by a player. He was probably used to larger groups of people kicking its @ss. I felt the surge of adrenaline motivate me to charge straight at the lump in the sand. "You know, you should probably go deeper next time. This fight was too easy!" I mocked the creature.

14257 BD 7 MD 5

I stuck my blade into the ground and flipped straight over the hilt. The shark ran straight into the blade and stopped it cold. I stood on it's back and pulled the blade out of the ground, flipping off the creatures spine.

Xanatos 20/24

Sand Shark 11/50 (-4)

I felt the hot sand beneath my feet, sweat dripping from my forehead. This heat will kill me before this creature ever does. It's like this game pulled the average temperature from Hell and inserted it into code. I dragged a line in the sand in front of me with Fang. "New plan, you will not cross this line." I shouted at the creature. I watched the shark dive in and charge at me. Will not cross this line...

14313 BD 1 Miss MD 7-2=5 Miss

The shark seemed to veer under me as I hopped over the lump in the sand. "Well...you didn't really cross it..."

Xanatos 20/24

Sand Shark 11/50

I turned around to face the creature down. It wasn't gonna beat me anytime soon. It was just delaying the inevitable. The system seemed to not be able to offer me a true challenge yet. I couldn't wait for the floor boss raids. I wanted to show this world who was the strongest player in Aincrad. "You had your moments, but in the end the strongest will survive. Your day's are over creature."

14314 BD 3 +3=6 Hit! MD 2 Miss

I landed a nice blow on the sharks hide. I watched its health bar drop to critical levels. "Looks like you're done, rest in peace"

Xanatos 20/24

Sand Shark 7/50 (-4)

The shark was above the sand now. It did not have the strength to burrow and slither through the sand. I watched its cold black eyes as it tried to circle me. I felt a sense of relentless malice from the creature. Even to its death, it had a feeling of hatred from me. I respected every creature I have ever fought, and I hope that they even respected me in some way. Someday, I will die. But I will not die to any creature in this world. I waited for the shark to strike, Fang poised to strike.

14315 BD 2 MD 2

We both managed to dodge the others attacks. The heat seemed to really be taking a toll on our skills.

Xanatos 20/24

Sand Shark 7/50

We kept squaring off, changing our pathing to match the other. It was a bit of dance that we knew would end with one of us falling. Never to rise again. Immortal Fang shone in the sunlight. Vladmir's Cuirass baked me in my own body. I am so ready to finish this sh%&... I ran out to the center of our battlefield and readied myself. "Come at me! I am ready to end this!" The shark accepted my charge and attacked me head on.

14317 BD 4 +3=7 Hit! MD 5 Miss

I hopped over the sharks attack and stabbed straight down into the spine of the shark.

Xanatos 20/24

Sand Shark 3/50 (-4)

The shark began to writhe on the sand, it wailed and shrieked as I walked over to it's body. "And another one bites the dust...or sand...speaking of sands..." I cleaned the blood and sand off of Immortal Fang. "Clean and simple. It's a perfect description of a rapier like Fang" I poised Fangs edge straight over the head of the shark. 

14319 BD 9 MD DEAD

Fang plunged straight into the skull of the creature. It punctured straight through the hard plates and skin. It is done, field boss down. Mission Completed.

Xanatos 20/24

Sand Shark DEAD

The loot screen popped up from the creatures death. The potion it dropped made my eyes widen. This potion can make me just as untouchable. Less damage means less worries. The shark exploded into pixels, I took the loot and put it into my inventory.

[sand Armor Potion] This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing damage mitigation/resistance by one point for one battle. (MIT +1)

I walked towards the village I arrived at. I felt the power of the victory course through me. This was a good day...but I feel like this isn't over...

I felt a presence in the desert. A presence that called to me from across the sand. I walked out of the village towards the setting sun. The heat was slowly fading away from my face, the cold wind of the night began to chill my bones. A whisper could be heard from the distance. "The more you build for yourself..the more you have to lose, Xanatos" The voice felt familiar to me. I had heard it before, but where? I walked closer and closer to the source of the whispers. Who are you? Why do I know you?

After crossing the horizon of a hill of sand, a rock formation appeared in the distance. "Come to me my fateful servant, come see my place of power" The rock formation changed to the form of an archway. This looks eerily similar to the arches in the Cave of Harmonies...What is this voice playing at? I crossed through the archway and found myself in a massive hall. Banners adorned the walls and crystals lit the room like torches. A throne sat at the end of the room, with it a man dressed in a dark brown robe sat tall. 

"Welcome to my hall Xanatos! I am King Minos, ruler of the Clan Minos and sacred protector of the Hoya's of Power. You are one the first to find my abode." King Mino's spoke. "But, you're body lays dead in the caves on the third floor! I cleansed them myself, defeating the darkness within!" I explained to the King. "Ahh yes, but you only cleansed the tomb of my physical body. Here, I am only a spirit contained within these walls. I alone am doomed to never join my family in the Cave of Solace." "You mean the Cave of Harmonies? I found the place of your people after using this Hoya to open the entrance" I showed the King Immortal Fang. "That particular Hoya is constantly spawning in this world to carry on my traditions and spirit. It only because of this Hoya that you have found me here."