PP-F4) Avalanche

Jacob stood out in the cold on floor four. The breeze was chilly and Jacob had his sweatshirt on. Jacob had just recently taken a quest. Apparently there was some huge ice dude at the top of a icy mountain or somethin. Jacob put a message on the message board.

Attention players! I am currently looking for two players o take the avalanche quest with me! Thanks

!

Sitting in his shop, Rusty was sleeping quietly on small wooden chair when a message awoke him with a scare. Knocking down his hammer and his newly made sword, he jumped up quickly to see what had happened. In front of him was a request from Jacob for two players to assist someone on his new quest. Seeing as he had nothing better than to do, Rusty exited his shop and headed towards to where Jacob was. Equipping his sword, Rusty dashed at the young boyy before skidding to a stop right in front of him. After saying hello, he took a seat on the frost white snow so that he didn't grow tired of waiting for the second player.

Calrex gave a sigh as he brushed some of the snow that had piled on his head off as he walked around the town of Snowfrost, "I had hoped I would accidentally run into Teayre here, but I guess she's off on another floor. Oh well, didn't hut to try I guess."

He brushed some more snowflakes from his head before he looked in surprise.

"Huh, someone put out a public request for assistance with a quest. The <<Avalanche>> quest huh? Sure, might as well lend a hand."

He accepted the invitation, which pulled up a tracker so that he could rendezvous with the other participants. With that active he turned in the direction the marker was pointing, heading down through the streets of the snowy settlement. As he made his way he equipped the Grand Blade, which appeared on the back of his hip, the deep sea blue handle pointing out towards his right hand. After that the Grand Chariot full-body armor appeared around him as the helmet encapsulated his head. Finally the Grand Gauntlets encapsulated his already guarded arms as he punched his fists together.

After some time he arrived to see two people there. One was a...very young boy. The sight of seeing an adventurer of that age worried Calrex for a second until he saw the level of the boy. Seeing that he was already above Level 2 assured him that the kid had already seem his fair share of combat. The second player was a familiar face that he had seen only once before. He gave a friendly wave to Rusty as he made his way over.

"Hello, I saw a request for some help in a quest. If you would have me I'd be happy to help."

Jacob watched as Rusty arrived. Then, shortly after another guy arrived. I know Rusty but not you. Hello my name is Jacob. What is your name. "I think we are ready." Jacob equipped his weapon. Frost Flame lookes as if it has fire, but it's actually ice cold. Jacob looked at the player who was much stronger than he. "All right lets go"

"Oh.. Hey Calrex." Rusty replied, remembering the voice of the armored figure in front of him. His rapier was already equipped and his mind was already in battle. Rusty was ready to fight at the moment, but he had to wait till both Jacob and Calrex were finished introducing themselves and getting ready. He had gotten used to the coldness of the fourth floor from spending so much time in it, so freezing to death wasn't a way he was going if he was going to die today. Wait, I'm being so morbid right now. Great. Removing thoughts of death from his mind, Rusty quietly stood, waiting till the quest started.

"Oh.. Hey Calrex." Rusty replied, remembering the voice of the armored figure in front of him. His rapier was already equipped and his mind was already in battle. Rusty was ready to fight at the moment, but he had to wait till both Jacob and Calrex were finished introducing themselves and getting ready. He had gotten used to the coldness of the fourth floor from spending so much time in it, so freezing to death wasn't a way he was going if he was going to die today. Wait, I'm being so morbid right now. Great. Removing thoughts of death from his mind, Rusty quietly stood, waiting till the quest started.

As the young player introduced himself as Jacob Calrex gave a nod to acknowledge him, "It's nice to meet you Jacob. I'm Calrex. But yes, if everyone's all set we can head out."

He looked at the sword that Jacob carried. It seemed to have a fairly neat effect of looking as if it were on fire, but the flame seemed to burn blue like ice. At Jacob's uttering of the name it made sense. He made sure his Grand Gauntlets were resting comfortably over his arms as he nodded to the two of them before resting his arms on the diamond tassets on the skit-like part of his armor.

"So are you two acquainted with the details of this quest? It would be helpful for everyone to be prepared for what we will be up against."

Jacob looked at Calrex as he introduced himself. Jacob smiled. Then they started to delve into the quest. Calrex had said, "Are you familiar with the details of the quest?" Jacob nodded and said, "Yes, there is a big block of ice monster on the top of a mountain that we have to kill." Jacob began to start walking. The snow had already covered his hair completely.

Rusty heard both answers and found himself thinking that the both of them didn't know anything about the monster the entire party were about face. Deciding to reveal some information that he memorized from reading a book of the various quests in Aincrad, he spoke. "Since the both of you aaren't saying anything and I want to break the silence, I'll tell you what I know. The monster is a Ice Elemental named Avalanche. Moving on its stats, its Health Points are 50 and it does 3 damage per attack. If we beat it, we get an item Snowfrost which when used on a piece of armor will make it so that user only takes half damaged on a burn effect over time.Though I should let you know.." Not many people decided to read about the monster they fight, but Rusty did this on a case-to-case basis. Even if everybody knew, he felt like he should say this information just in case or to remind people to be cautious. Looking down at his sword, Rusty knew he was the most likely to die on this quest. He had the lowest level in the group, lowest health and he did the least amount of damage on every move. It didn't matter, he really didn't have anything to lose on this mission.

Calrex nodded as both Jacob and Rusty gave their information on what they knew of the mission, "Rusty's information was correct. In actuality I taken a part in this quest before. Avalanche is certainly a challenging foe, so I would advise you both to be careful. I have a Recovery Crystal on me, but that will only work on one person."

He gave a calming breath as he continued to address the two players next to him, "I'll do my best to make sure you two stay alive, but to ensure that should things get tough out there don't go playing the tough guy. If you're getting overwhelmed we'll clear out and regroup. I haven't lost a person yet on any quest that I've undertaken with a group, and I don't intend to have this one be my first."

With that he quickly scanned the stats for both Jacob and Rusty.

"Jacob would be able to 8 successful hits from Avalanche before his health would go critical. Meanwhile Rusty would be able to take about 6. And that's on average. Including criticals would shrink those numbers. So going from that we'll need to hit hard, and fast..."

"Oh of course Calrex. I would've never though that a boss with more than twice my HP and damage would be so challenging." Rusty scoffed as he continued walking towards their destination. His snarky remark wasn't the best, but Rusty wasn't in the mood to think of something more sarcastic. Before he set out, he had hoped to have made a decent weapon in his forge but had failed at even doing that. He didn't know if his sword was enough for the quest, but it would have to do as there wasn't any alternative besides it. "By the way Calrex, excusing my sarcasm earlier, if you come by my shop, I could make some sort of order for you. I don't have anything else to do, so I'll make anything. Although you seem to have all the weapons and armor you need."

Calrex smirked underneath his helmet as he recognized the sarcasm in Rusty's voice. It was an obvious statement

"Huh, your shop. Yeah, I'd be glad to stop by. I'm definitely good in terms of weaponry and armor, but I'll be sure to stop by and also forward business your way."

"Gotta have someone to keep Oikawa on his toes, heh."

As the group began to draw nearer to the gate out into the fields Calrex steeled his senses as he gave a calming breath.

"The other thing is that I will have to refrain from drawing my Grand Blade this time. I still haven't gotten a full understanding of that cold persona that seems to come over me when I use the sword. So for now the Grand Gauntlets will have to do..."

"Alright guys stay on alert. Avalanche should be spawning nearby..."

Jacob as walking along when he heard Rusrt begin to talk about his shop. "Its pretty nice" Jacob remarked. I have been there myself" then Calrex said something about Avalanche should spawn somewhere around here. Jacob began tk watch the snow carefully. Then the breeze began to pick up a little and the snow began to lify and a giant ice elemental came out of the ground. Jacob yelled, "Avalanche before pullong out his blade.

Jacob 27/27

Rusty 22/22

Calrex 41/41

Avalanche 50/50

Rusty began to run around the humongous ice elemental, its large size proving to be formidable. He dashed at the beast with his sword in hand and slashed the face of the monster leaving a deep red gash along its face. Jumping  back down he went alongside the two, leaving the rest to them. Rusty needed to get a critical if he ever wanted to do enough damage to help fight the beast, but the only thing that would be useful right now would be some health crystals. "Switch!"

Jacob's HP: 27/27

Rusty's HP:  22/22
Calrex's HP: 41/41

<Avalanche> 48/50

ID:14682 BD: 7

ID: 14694

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

As Jacob and Rusty engaged Avalanche Calrex gave a nod as he clenched his fists, the light blue aura chains forming around them as he rushed forward.

"Compared to the last one I fought this Avalanche seems to be actually smaller than the giant I fought. I guess it might have scaled down since Jacob and Rusty are of lower level than me. Well, let's stay on guard. Smaller doesn't always mean easier."

As he leapt up he aimed to strike the chest area, going on the guess that the core might be housed inside of that part of the construct's body. He was about to miss when he quickly turned, bringing his leg around in a hook kick. The aura chains didn't appear in time to aid his strike, but it was still enough to land a decent hit. He kicked off, landing back over where Jacob was, "Alright switch. Be careful you two. From what I remember of my last fight Avalanche has a little trick where he can fire his fists from his arms like cannonballs. Be wary when he aims those for you."

HP List

Jacob: 27/27

Rusty: 22/22

Calrex: 41/41

Enemies:

Avalanche: 42/50

ID:14715 BD:10 MD:4

Jacob watched as Rusty and Calrex attacked Avalanche. Jacob nodded as Calrex returned from attacking his blade bright red while charging the giant beast Avalanche. He jumped off the ground his blade striking into the beast hard. Snow covered the air in a white powder. Jacob jumped out of the powder. Avalanche was on the ground. It began to move again. Jacob's frozen blade seemed to not affect with its freeze. Jacob ran back to the others as Avanche began his attack. Jacob then yelled, "Seperate!" As the beast attacked.

Avalanche watched as the flies attacked it. The first boy hit it but it did not make much effect. He was about to make his move on the first attacked but then another player attacked striking with brutal force making Avalanche lose its balance. Another player attacked this time making Avalanche fall. Avalanche roared before getting up. It Moved at the strongest of the three. Calrex. He punched at him but missed him.

Jacob 27/27

Rusty 22/22

Calrex 41/41

Avalanche 36/50

Rusty quickly came running in with a charged rapier, running at the best with more vigor than before. This monster needed to die as soon of possible to lower the risk of anybody dieing to a low a percentage. Quickly running at the creature, he stabbed at its abdomen leaving a small red wound before jogging backwards to avoid an attack. He didn't do a lot of damage, but to Rusty it didn't matter. Every hit count and he would be dead before he let his stats bring his hopes down. "Switch!"

Jacob's HP27/27

Rusty's HP:  22/22
Calrex's HP41/41

<Avalanche> 34/50

ID:14816 BD: 6

ID: 14838

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

As Jacob and Rsuty landed their strikes against Avalanche Calrex smirked underneath his helmet. The battle seemed to be going at a better pace than he had thought.

"If we keep this up we should have this done in no time. Just gotta make sure we keep up the pressure."

He rushed in, the aura chains spiraling in a frenzy around his right forearm as he leapt forward, attempting to punch Avalanche. Unfortunately his strike flew clear as Avalanche shifted its body. Recognizing that there was no potential target within the burst range the aura chains didn't even bother to fire off of Calrex's arm before dissipating into crystals. The bluenette landed and rolled to quickly reacquisition his target, "Alright Jacob go for it!"

HP List

Jacob: 27/27

Rusty: 22/22

Calrex: 41/41

Enemies:

Avalanche: 34/50

ID:14845 BD:7 MD:7

Jacob watched as Rusty quickly moved forward attacking and landing a good clean hit on Avalanche. Rusty had yelled Switch and it seemed as if Calrex just burst to life attacking quickly. He missed sadly already putting it back to Jacob's turn. Jacob held Frost Flame out and attacked Avalanche quickly. Jacob raced at it jumping when he was close enough. Jacob sliced and opening in its chest. The beast roared and assaulted his attack.

Avalanche watched as the player attacked. The first landed a nice blow on him. The next missed. Then the third one attacked with a clean hit but nothing much. It want pain it was rage is why he roared. He punched forward hitting Jacob this time, sending the player flying back past his friends into the snow.

Jacob 24/27

Rusty 22/22

Calrex 41/41

Avalanche 28/50