[PP-F?] An Edgy Encounter (Azide Vs Arrekkusu)

How long had it been?

He wasn't entirely sure, and rather than instilling him with his usual curiosity, the idea of finding out left him feeling anxious. It wouldn't be a difficult thing to calculate- but somehow the notion of discovering that he'd wasted away inside of this virtual world for months on end didn't seem very appealing. Even if he ever left this place, it was likely he'd leave a changed man. Not just that- it was all but certain. He'd already changed.

And yet he remembered it clearly- the day a man had rushed down from a hilltop in a blaze of glory, and saved his life with one brazen swing of his sword. What he'd discovered was that the man had not even been a man at all- but a boy. And he was among the strongest in all of Aincrad. What had transpired afterwards was a blur to him, but the moment itself had been etched into his mind forever.

Arrekkusu had saved him, and now he had returned.

As he adjusted his coat, Lucifer slithered out from its inner folds. The creature's appearance from the top of his collar drew his attention away from the arena's entrance for just a moment, and he smiled at his reptilian friend. "You have no idea how much work it took for me to get ahold of him. But now that I have, I'm afraid I can't pass up the chance to show him how far I've come."

"And perhaps more importantly, to prove it to myself."

Many things have been going on recently, his time was being cut short very often. The world was trying to access him it seemed, and if he wanted to get any sleep or any privacy, he was forced to decline many of those offers. It was rather sad, and before he would not care about it. Now it just disheartened him  to do so. The next person to try to contact him seemed rather familiar, but the missing lands cleared a lot of his memories, so he couldn't remember it at the very moment he received it. For one thing, he was barely able too even remember the names of his friends, he had to refer to his friends list to recall who they were. Arekkusu wanted to remember them, he honestly did with all his heart, but there was so much one could do when it comes to handling things. The human brain can hold relatively 150 relationships at one time, and that's if that person is very active around those people very often. Still, he wanted sleep, so cutting that time would cut down that giant number.

Yet, despite all of this, he was still curious about this, and he couldn't understand why. For one thing, yes, it seemed familiar, but he still didn't confirm who or what this thing was or where it came from. The hills granted him a lot of access to perform Recon, all right. But what about the fact that he was unable to see everything, his accuracy wasn't exactly the best in the lands. He had a lot of work to do when it comes to combat, like how they updated stats and skills. He was rather outdated, and if he ever planed to faces his friends or enemies in battle, he needed to update his items. He might not seem like a threat with his current equipment, but his blade and armor were still able to get in a battle arena and possibly win. However, if he faces someone of his level with their updated items, he might not last long in that battle. It just all depends on how well he can plan this game out.

Finally, he got to where the message told him to go to, and he had met a man that he still wasn't able to determine the name of or remember the appearance from anywhere in the past. He seemed like he was prepared for something, and just in case, the Violinist held his right hand over his sword handle placed on his sheathe, but he approached the situation with a calm tone in his voice. Hello there. I received a message to go here, did you send it? If so, is there anything you need me to do or talk to me about? Arekkusu asked as he smiled, this was someone who seemed to have his items updated, but as for his level, their difference was just a little bit off. Hopefully, he didn’t come for a Total Loss, though he may be outdated, he would still be able to inflict heavy amounts of damage in this fight.