(OP-F1) A Pleasant Night In An Unpleasant World

Stabbing his spear into the ground, Raissuh flopped down on top of the hill, sighing as he felt the soft blades of grass bend beneath him and cushion his fall. He had been traveling for quite some time now, and had actually become exhausted. Lazily, he rolled to his left to look at the Starting City, assuring himself that if danger arrived he could make it to safety. Relaxing, he turnes his gaze to the sky, not surprised to see the moon far above. The night was young,and Raissuh was tired. He felt his eyelids begin to close and mumbled tiredly, "Yes, lets sleep. I need to recover..."

But he couldn't sleep, something seemed off. As if he wasn't the only person around. Try as he might, Raissuh could only lay there, expecting the worst. Only such an unpleasant game could ruin such a pleasant night.

Kotori strolled through the fields with the intent on exploring the rest of the floor. She hadn't ventured farther than the inside of Starter City and the only other place she had been on was floor 4, which was beautiful compared to the always sunny and warm place that floor 1 was. It was a bit chilly, although not enough so that she would need to stay inside. Silently, she walked upon the grass that covered the ground like the plague. "Thunk!" Was the sound an object made as Kotori was atop a hill. Startled by the noise, she collapsed backwards onto the grass. Breathing heavily, she scrambled backward against the tree. Was somebody there? She couldn't tell, but just in case, she materialized her dagger and held it with both hands. "Who's there?" Kotori questioned the air in a heavy voice.

Raissuh swore loudly and rushed to his feet, grabbing his spear in the process. He pointed it in the general direction of the voice and said with caution, "A fellow player in Aincrad, why do you ask?" He had known somebody was nearby. Perhaps they intended to murder him. Or perhaps they didn't. He was beginning to question Boris, and as he met more people, his belief that not everybody was bad began to grow stronger. Taking a silent step forward, he said, "Reveal yourself, my vision isn't too good right now." He promised himself that if this player was unarmed, he would put away his spear.

He knew it was a female just from the sound of her voice, and like all guys, as he had come to realize, he was curious as to what she looked like. Not in a weird way, just a natural curiosity. Deciding it would seem more friendly to show no threat, he put away his spear quickly and said, "I am unarmed. Reveal yourself."

Kotori breathed heavily, nervous but also irritated. She was enjoying a nice walk before and it wasn't very nice to be intterupted so abruptly. However, she need not show her irate side as that would create a confrontation. Of course, she knew whoever was speaking had a weapon because nobody would outright say they were unarmed and actually be unarmed. Sheathing her dagger, Kotori slowly rose from her spot on the brown soiled earth and walked a few meters in the direction of the man's voice. "I uh.. revealed myself."

Raissuh grunted, saying, "Great, you made me sound like an idiot. Reveal? Why did I choose that wor... nevermind." He laughed at his silly choice of words and moved on. Now that she was visible, he quickly assessed her appearance. She did not appear to be a threat, and she didn't look half bad, either. Of course, it was still dark, so he couldn't be too sure about the latter statement. He knew that, due to his lack of any form of tan, he would be very noticible. Almost like a spotlight in the middle of a field at night. Almost. He held up his hands to show that, indeed, he was unarmed, and said, "You um... you aren't here to kill me... right? I would feel really stupid for having put my weapon away."

He tried to sound casual, but there was something about being alone, at night, in Aincrad, that made it a little difficult to do so. He hoped he at least gave a good impression.

After a successful day of absolutely nothing, Kazyto decided to go to his favorite place, the hill. "O really need to give a name to this place," he thought to himself as he ventured up there, but suddenly stopped halfway up to look at the two figures on top of the hill. One looks like a male and the other a female. He draws his dagger, prepared for anything, hoping to fair against some PKers or a boar.

The cold night, cool breeze, the sifting sound of the leaves as the wind blows, these are the things that made a certain player like the concept of night. "Dark yet peaceful, dangerous yet comforting" he mumbled, leaning on the tree and sitting on a branch high enough for any dangerous mobs to reach him...except the climbing and leaping ones. Crozeph lay still as he heard voices just below and a couple of trees away. His presence remained undetected and it seemed nice to mess around a little. Crozeph stood up, keeping his balance in check as he walks on the branch and slowly makes his way into the voices, not the ones he hears sometimes in his head but the voices of players talking about anything.

Crozeph reached the thick branch nearest to the players and perched on the it like a cat, a wide grin on his face seen. "Now let's give them a good shake" Crozeph took a deep breath and let out a sound similar to the title he earned inside Aincrad, a crow. "Caw caw!" he blurted out letting out a shrill cry "caw caw!" he did it again while trying to hold in his laughter imagining the reaction on their face once the sound reaches them.

Before she could respond, a bird began to caw. Raissuh grunted. No, not a bird. A player, and an idiot at that. He shouted angrily in the direction of the 'bird', "Shut the hell up, mate! Not in the mood! Wait... how long have you been here?" Raissuh had learned that there were always those people, the ones who did stupid things and found it entertaining. He didn't like those people, they annoyed him. Sighing with irritation, he said, "Get outta the trees and show yourself."

It seemed that there were plenty of night owls here in Aincrad. Those players who stayed up until five in the morning for no apparent reason. Of course, it wasn't five, and there was nothing wrong with pulling an all nighter. Raissuh felt a nervous bead of sweat drip down his face, perhaps this was a PKer trick?

Zeri was wandering around floor 1 yet again. He kept wondering why does he keep back to this floor. "Is it just there's something about this floor that I like, or is it more than that." After a little while of walking, he heard a sound, a sound of a crow. "What would a crow be doing in a place like this unless..." Zeri had thought about what just happened for a moment.

The sign of a crow means, "death". He had hoped that nobody had died on this floor or would be anytime soon. So Zeri opened up his menu and equipped 'Claymore of Amarok' and 'Curiass of Immortality' abd took his blade out and placed it on his shoulder. After searching for a while, he found out that the sound had came from a player, a familiar one to be exact. "Crozeph. I got to remind myself to get him later." Then not to far off in the distance, Zeri had saw some more players so he decided to approach them with his weapon still on his shoulder. "Well hello there, please ignore the wannabe crow over there" pointed in the direction of Crozeph, "Trust me, he means no harm. So what brings you people out here at such a late hour?"

Kotori immediately reached for her blade as soon as she heard the sounds of a crow. What is a boss? Or maybe a new monster. In all actuality, it was just a man situated in a tree making caw sounds. She was going to answer the blonde haired boy's question and get out of the fields, but he snapped at whoever was in the trees "It was probably a joke, calm down." This assumption seemed to be right when another boy had joined the small group that was forming. "Don't worry, I'm already ignoring him." Kotori answered with a slight annoyance in her voice. All she wanted to do was walk around, maybe explore a bit. Maybe she could attempt to leave without being noticed so that she could go on her merry way. 

Raissuh grunted as he heard a voice from the direction of the 'bird', and held back a scream as another player walked up. He had just wanted to sleep. Sure, if it had been just one person, he would feel relaxed, but this was getting ridiculous. Turned to the girl, he said in a friendly albeit nervous manner, "Nice to... um... meet you. I am uh... Raissuh."

He frowned. Why had so many people showed up? Was something big about to happen? He was not sure, but his curiosity was piqued.

Crozeph couldn't help himself laugh at the joke, it was a huge failure to attempt the sound of a crow but he was sure it made them draw their weapons and it could only mean he won. Crozeph jumped down from the tree and revealed himself rather quickly Crozeph took a few steps towards them and smiled, his usual calm one and not the other harm-inducing one he does on a few players who picked on him. There were three of them, a sigh that a group is forming and one seems to be be one of his guildmates. "Sorry about that, I rarely see players roam at night with mobs lurking around waiting for a right chance to pounce" he told them "might be annoying but it's always funny to see others get alerted on sudden and loud sounds" he added. Crozeph coughed as he continues to walk towards them "damn that shrill cry might have damaged my voice" he said.

The group seem to grow larger with him joining and to someone like him who likes to be alone most of the time, it felt awkward for a moment. A while ago he was shouting stupid bird sounds and now he's talking to them "hey guildmate, Azide might oriented you of someone in the guild who is always away" he told the other guy who wears a red coat. Crozeph has been getting messages of welcoming new guild members but to his dismay, he was always lost around the virtual world to welcome the new ones. "A pleasant night isn't it?" he told them "though I think I ruined it a bit" he added.

"I'm still figuring out why I'm here anyway." Zeri had said to Crozeph. "That's the opposite of funny Crozeph, you really scared them. And that's what you get." Then Zeri starred at the moon for a good moment until Crozeph mention that he's never around. Zeri turned away from Crozeph and said a little uncomfortably, "Well...that's not my fault..." Then Zeri found a spot and sat down at it and answered his question while looking at the moon once again, "It could be better."

"So very funny.." Kotori muttered as the crow-like man approached her and the others. She was being sarcastic, it wasn't at all annoying and she was in the process of leaving the fields until the player drew more players over to her vicinity. The slight annoyance from her walk being interrupted grew to more irritation to the players surrounding her. Kotori touched the edge of her blade, almost caressing the smooth metal. "If I wanted to, I could probably take all 3 of them on.I could probably take all 3 of them on." She bit her tongue. Even if she wanted to let the group taste the wrath of her dagger, they would end her in an instant. She was just furious, so Kotori ignored the murderous thoughts.

Crozeph made a stifled laughter at the aftershock of his prank, surely no one took what he did as a way to at least ease the tension of dying inside the game. "I can't blame you if you want to cut someone" he told the girl as he noticed her touch the blade "I've seen a lot of players getting all slashy and rampaging because they let their head drown in annoyance" he said "unfortunately they're the strongest players in this world" he added. Crozeph then took a few steps back from the group, it's not like he'll be staying longer just to pick on them and annoy them which is what he's quite good at even if he doesn't put any effort on it. Crozeph pulled the hood of his coat showing only his eyes and faint smile "may I wish to know the names of the players I'm gazing right now?" he asked "well except for you since I received a message to welcome you to the guild" he pointed at Zeri. 

Crozeph took another step back, as if he was trying to leave and hesitant to walk at the same time. He felt no danger around him but somehow with this quiet night anything can happen, last time he was resting on a tree, he and his friends encountered waves of mobs trying to take over a grinding spot. He crossed his arms and listened to the wind while it blows on his hood.

Raissuh was just about to slap the Crow, whose name just happened to be Crozeph, when the player asked them their names. Perhaps he could give a false name. No, if he needed to contact them later, he would need them to know who he was. Grunting, he said, "The name is uh... Raissuh. Why do you need to know?" He looked at the girl and said, "Either you, or I, are people magnets. Im betting on you, because people don't really pay me much attention, which is a good thing."

Why was he still here, talking to strangers at night? It would have been safer to leave earlier. But something about talking to people besides Boris, it was almost... pleasant. A cool breeze brushed past, pushing some blonde hair over his eyes. With a quick, fluid motion, he brushed his hair aside and laid his hand on his hip, showing his annoyance. But it was only for show, because he WANTED to be here, with these people.

"I would advise highly against that. Even if you dagger just grazes anyone of them...my blade...will be the last thing you'll ever see." Zeri had declared to Kotori. Zeri even took out his blade and placed it on his shoulder to show that he was serious."Raissuh is you name huh. To why don't you want people to pay any attention to you?" Zeri had asked Raissuh. Zeri had knew all about being ignore, even though he was the cause of people to ignore him by saying threatening things. But still, Zeri wanted to know Raissuh's reason.

Crozeph looked at the first person to introduce himself "nice meeting you Raissuh, with a bad start I guess" he said. Crozeph has been keeping tabs of names of the players he's been seeing lately...it would be rude to forget who they are if their paths ever cross again. Crozeph took a deep breath and enjoyed the cool breeze of the night. Moments like this should be treasured because regret is the only thing waiting for anyone who takes it for granted. "I don't want to be rude if I forget you when we meet again somewhere so I'm keeping it in my head" he told him. Crozeph then turned his attention to Zeri "let it be, it's a common reaction so it's something we can foresee" he said slightly pointing at her dagger.

"It wasn't as if I was gonna kill any of them. I wouldn't do that." Kotori muttered, miffed about everyone noticing her move for her dagger. She thought about it, yes, but she never was going to act on it. Most people when they're mad sometimes they're gonna kill somebody, but they never actually mean it. Sighing, Kotori returned her hands to her side and continued to stand in the group. She also took a few steps back, hoping to be able to get away and continue on her walk. Maybe even return to her inn. It would be best for her to be on her way and she was going to try as best as she could.

Raissuh looked at the ground, then back to the player who had asked the question, "I guess I'm just not someone that others pay much attention to. Even though I'm so pal... nevermind." It was dark, so they probably couldn't notice. Which was good, in a sense. An actual crow cawed in a nearby tree, and was easy to spot, due to being silhoutted by the moon. He swiftly pulled out his spear and threw it, impaling the bird and bringing it down from it's branch. Raiisuh quickly retrieved his spear, saying, "I'm sorry, just a little tense."

He noticed that the girl had begun to leave and said quietly, "Here is to hoping we meet again under better circumstances." She seemed nice. Which was something Raissuh had noticed in quite a few people he had encountered. He waved at her and smiled, though the latter probably would go unnoticed.