[PP-F2] Karate Kid, Part IV <Breaking the Unbreakable> (X)

Zeri was on the second floor after he heard that there was a quest to learn the martial arts skill. So Zeri was wandering around trying to find out the exact location of the quest. "Hmm...I wonder if it's even in town. Well there's no harm in looking some more, is there?" So Zeri decided to stay in town a little while longer while he tries to find out the location he needs to go to.

After a long times passes and couldn't find anything, Zeri laid outside the wall of the safe zone, very tired. "How hard is it to find one simple quest. I wonder if anyone in town knows where to go. But wait, what if they just send me to some random spot and it could be an ambush. I guess I might be on my own then." Zeri said as he tried to figure out what he should do.

I was walking with Maruchan outside the walls of the safe zone on floor two. I also happened to be playing my guitar working on a new cover.

"try to be best cause your only a man, and a mans gotta learn to take it. Try to belive but the going gets tough, that ya gotta hang tough to make it..." I was singing while playing my guitar.

Then out of nowhere I noticed Zeri leaning against the wall of the safe zone. Damn it damn it damn it! It's gonna be another day I waste helping the lower levels in my guild. Sure that's the reason my guild exists but still I hate doing it. So I quickly shut up and stand silently in front of Zeri for about 30 seconds.

"No..." I quickly say before he gets a chance to even ask me for anything as I turned and slowely began to walk away.

While Zeri wa trying to think of something, X appeared out of nowhere and they stared each other down for a quick second, and then out of nowhere, X said no to him. "I don't need help from a stuck-up bastard like you anyway. I'm suprised someone like you is even in a guild." Zeri told X as he left to head into the mountains. "Wow. This is really nice. Maybe I might find it out here." Zeri said in hopes he could find out where to start his quest at. He looked and looked but still couldn't find anything. Instead, Zeri found a river path and decided to sit down there. "This river seems so calm. I can actually feel it calming me down a little. Maybe if I follow that path, I could find it. I guess I can try in a little bit." Zeri said as he stared into the river some more.

I stood in front of the bolder blocking the path into the cave were... It happened.

"Goddamnit!" I yelled as I turned the bolder into gravel using my fist.

I then walked in and looked at the bucket of suicide water. I stared at it for a very long time before falling to my knees. I was of course thinking of Sasha who died right here. After a brief moment I got pissed and ripped the bucket out of the ground and carried it out of the cave.

"Motherf*cking goddamn water..." I angirly muttered as I made my way to the river.

I then furiously threw the water with the bucket into the river. However I noticed Zeri sitting across on the other side. So I wiped away some moisture from my eyes.

"Hey! Don't f*cking drink that! That's an order!" I yelled across to very while pointing at the bucket which spilled and mixed with the river water.

"I wonder how can something as simple as a river seem so peaceful in a death game like this. Maybe there's more to this river." As Zeri stared at the river, he could see his reflection in the water. He wondered about who he has become and does he want to change the person he see in front of him.

"Can I even change some cold blooded and soulless as me. If I cant, then who can. Maybe this is what fate brought to me." Then he heard someone yelling at him. It was X once again ordering him not to drink the water. Zeri then yelled back to X, "For starters, why the hell should I listen to a stuck-up brat like you! Secondly, why would I want to drink river water when I have water in my inventory!" Zeri waited for X to yell at him while thinking to himself, "He uses the martial arts skill don't he. Then...damn." Zeri then knew what was about to happen.

"Because I'm your goddamn guild superior! That's why! Oh! And I said so!" I yelled back across the river.

Suddenly I felt the ground begin to shake a little. Then I looked up the mountain I was standing at the foot at. I then saw bolders rolling down headed straight us. It turns out our voices caused an avalanche.

"Maruchan! Bail!" I yelled to my pup as he retreated to the forest.

I then tightened a fist and began charging up the mountain. The first bolder exploded as my fist made contact. I then jumped up onto and then off a shard of the bolder. Then I dove down and punched another one out of the way. Then I had to sidestep over to another one I had to backflip kick. The last one then headed right for me so delivered an uppercut that turned the bolder into gravel.

"Maruchan all clear!" I yelled as I then slid down the mountain slightly exausghted.

My acrobatics and performer skill luckily compliment martial arts or, else I don't think I would have been able to get that last one.

"You listen closely! You are NOT my superior! I don't care what you or anyone else in the guild say! I am NOT gonna listen to a bastard who's so full of himself!" Zeri outrageously said to X. "How can someone like him even possibly become a guild officer. Doesn't matter, I just have to get away from him, find this boulder, and finish the quest. That's all that matters." Zeri thought to himself.

The next thing Zeri knew was that him and X had caused an avalanche due to their yelling. "Time for me go while he's distracted." Zeri said as he saw X taking care of the boulders. Then Zeri took off hoping X didn't see him.

After running for a while, Zeri stopped and saw a mountain path. He looked down the path and said, "Maybe that unbreakable boulder is down this path. But all that running and yelling has tried me out. I should rest up for a bit before I go on." Zeri said as he sat down and rest up for a bit,

"Hey!" I yelled from a tree looking down at Zeri.

"Have you forgotten how good my detection skill is?!?!" I said jumping down and landing in front of him.

After the Avalanche insident earlier I felt zeri move away and imediatly set out after him. Zeri doesn't understand that I am his superior and he should listen to me. It's not a very hard thing to do at all, it's simply blind obedience nothing more, nothing less.

"And I am your superior you little punk!... God why are you even doing out here anyways?" I yelled at then asked Zeri.

"I am aware of your good detection skill, but I didn't know you was going to come after me so soon." Zeri told X as he landed right in front of him. "Looks like getting away from him isn't going to work out." Zeri thought to himself.

Zeri was becoming really sick of X's attitude, even though he might be part of the reason, but the way X has been treating the low-leveled players was unacceptable to Zeri.

Zeri then got up and dusted himself off, walked beside X and said to him, "You are not my superior. I am not going to follow the orders of someone who cares only for himself. If you must know, I'm doing a quest on this floor. Since you wasted a lot of my time, I must go find this boulder." Zeri told X before he walks away from him, in hopes to find the boulder very soon.

Zeri kept talking and I found out he was trying to get the martial arts skill however he knows very little and is obviously not very observant.

"The damn bolder is on the other side of this tree! Besides skill won't mean a thing if you don't know how to use it." I told zeri picking up maruchan.

The martial arts skill can be obtained however knowing things like certain attacks and such to activate such skill is necesarry. Unlike weapons which can slash any which way martial arts requires quicker movements, unique movements and less hesitant movements. I was lucky when Sasha tought me certain IRL martial art moves I didn't know prior.

I then state at my hand wraps with the apropriate name...-Sasha's fighting spirit-. I then sighed and looked down at zeri.

"Look... Il teach you the damn skill just, don't get angry after you feel a few broken bones... It's necesary to learn." I told zeri almost instantly regretting my choice but stood by it.

"Well, at least I know where it's at now." Zeri said after X revealed the boulder's location. Then Zeri looked at the direction of the boulder and thought to himself, "Looks like I'm going to have to play nice for now so he can teach me what I need to know and try not to make him mad.

Then X started to tell Zeri a little bit more about the martial arts skill. "How much can a brat like him know about martial arts." Zeri thought to himself. Then X agreed to help him learn the skill and Zeri, who tried to sound obedient and make it convincing said, "Thank you X, I really appreciate it" Then as Zeri went towards the bolder he said to himself, "I doubt that he realizes that I took martial arts when I was in the real world."

"Alright I never took martial arts or anything IRL but I was quite the brawler, now combine that with acrobatics and... A good teacher... And boom you got me Aincrads champ!" I enthusiastically told zeri but being quite at the 'good teacher' part.

Since my acrobatics and performer skills go a lot into my martial arts fighting style I should probably stray away from that with zeri. For now I should probably teach him basic ways to fight and activate the skill with out all the flashy stuff. However the whole point of the martial arts skill in the game is to actually do the flashy stuff.

"Now first I think I'm gonna teach you a really basic way to fight against people using the skill. Now since everyone used weapons and you don't it's important to adjust for that... Now take out that sword and stab at me like its a rapier, it's gonna hurt like a b*tch for you but it's good practice." I explained to zeri while standing with my arms crossed.

"A...good teacher?" Zeri said to X questioning that statement. Then X told Zeri that he would start off by teaching him the basics. Then X told him to take out his sword and stab him with it."You don't have to tell me twice." Zeri said to himself as he opened up his menu and equipped Chaosbreaker. Then Zeri ran towards X with the intent of hitting him and hoping to deal some major damage to him. But then Zeri's attack missed its mark, "Damn. Why'd I have to miss." Zeri said to himself as he tries to defend against X's attack.

ID: 15605 BD: 1 (3-3+1) (miss)

Zeri came at me with the sword and I easily side stepped out of the way and grabbed his wrist. Next I slightly twisted in order to make hi elbow point to the ground.

15606 BD: 9+1=10

I then palmed his elbow activating the skill and shattered the joint. In SAO severed and broken limbs hurt like hell but I guess the mentality of a game keeps you thinking your alright. Either way now zeri knows what he's gonna be doing to other people.

"So, how did that feel? Hahaha" I asked zeri who's arm is now bent the wrong way.

Zeri: 18/25

"That's goona hurt for a bit." Zeri sad a bit calmly. Of course, it hurted like hell, but Zeri been through this kind of pain a lot of times before, so Zeri knew how to fix it. So Zeri popped his arm back in place, moved it around but my bit and said, "Yep, looks like I'm gonna be left handed till I get ahold of some ice. Guess I give me sword arm a little break so some of the pain can leave so I won't be too bruised up in the morning."

Zeri, who's now looking at his right arm, said to X, "I've been through worse." "I don't know if I can keep up with this nice act much more longer before I really want to kill him. But I guess I have to suck it up and play along." Zeri thought to himself before he asked X a question. "Is there anything else you can teach beside trying to break people's body parts? Also lets not try that again please, cause that was seriously the opposite of funny and I'm not sure that many people will take that lightly before they put a bounty on your head."

" What did I do to deserve to be in the same guild as a moron like him. He has absolutely zero care about how anyone else feels. All he cares about is drinking, and failing at trying to pick up women. I can't see how everybody else in the guild tolerates him. I'm suprised he isn't dead yet due to the stupid crap that's he's been pulling. Let's just get this quest done so I won't have to put up with him anymore."

Zeri obvously wasn't digging the training so maybe he'll be more interested in the other route. It's a little extreme but it may have been how I earned it... Kind of a blurred line there. Zeri obviously doesn't like me and is putting himself through hell so il give him an out.

"Hey wanna know the other way to earn this skill twice as fast..." I started to tell zeri poking his interest.

"It's simple really we duel we fight... To the death... Then as the duel winner you gain all the items in my inventory plus the skill... I may also have a 50,000 col bounty on my head... Unless I cleared that up. Also hey if that's not enough you won't be marked as a PKer its a duel." I finished explaining while selecting the duel option in the menu.

I then smirked at zeri and began bouncing on my toes and letting go of a few practice punches into the air.

"Come on! You think you got what it takes to beat the champ!" I shouted excited.

Zeri listened to what X said next. Zeri was completely blindsided and was left totally speechless from that. Zeri then stepped back and thought this through.

"He has to be kidding me! A...A duel to the death?! Even thought I really, really, really want to do this...I simply can't. At my level, I won't even stand a chance. He's too quick for me right now. Not even Chaosbreaker can keep up him. But that possible bounty can keep my going for a long time, also I might be able to find some people to sell some of X's items I don't need. No...No I can't let greed consume me...not...not...No! There will be another chance when I can get up to his level to do it, but not now."

After that, Zeri looked at X wondering why did he pull a stunt like that. Then Zeri saw the screen where he had to accept or decline X's duel. Zeri knew that accepting the duel now will be just a death with, but did Zeri really want that, to escape from being alone and being an outcast forever. Zeri had to make a decision now. So Zeri thought about the possible outcome. Zeri knew what he had to do. Zeri swallowed his pride, declined X's duel and said to him, "...I guess...I guess we can just stick to the training..."

Zeri backed down so I let a satisfied look grow on my face. Maruchan decided to go off and take a little nap like he usually does while I'm in combat. I then cracked my fingers getting ready to show him something else.

"Alright then since you've seemed to learn from the first method il try again this time showing you a kick. Kinda hard to pull off in the right spot but, it breaks knee caps so you know... Useful." I explained as I began stretching my leg.

I then began my charge and headed straight for zeri's leg.

16113 BD: 8

I kneed up the hilt of his sword so he couldn't block as I kicked the inside of his knee and watched it twist to the side.

"What's the matter you crying? You see that move with the knee there? That's an essential part of martial arts in here, which is to focus on the opponents weapon first and body second." I told zeri sounding much like a teacher.

Zeri: 13/25

Zeri got up using Chaosbreaker as a crutch. He then ignored X's next statement about him crying. "There simply has to be a better way to teach this than trying to kill me in the process..." Zeri said to himself. Then Zeri began rocking back and forth, using Chaosbreaker to gain a little momentum. Zeri the charged at X and was aiming for his kneecap to try to get some payback, but instead aimed for his leg and knocked him down. Zeri then looked in the direction of where the boulder was and said to X, "Can you find a way to teach me this that doesn't involve trying to kill me in the process...please"

ID: 16117 BD: 6 (8+1-3)

X: 40/41

When Zeri mentioned killing him I eyed him up and down. Eh I'm not a killer... Even though I don't know if the game would mark me as a PKer or not considering he did technically make the first move... Either way I aint a killer. That ain't me.

"Well where the hells the fun in that?" I asked while my led leaked red polygons.

"Just trust me visual training is the best and you also understand how much it hurts for the other person so you can react if the bend over in pain or something. Now get ready for another one and remember not getting hit is a big part of all of this so don't be afraid to dodge." I told Zeri while beging my charge.

16129 BD: 7

"By the way takedowns are also pretty important." I quickly said as I grabbed zeri's forearm and then flipped him down to the ground placing my other hand on his chest.

I feel Zeri is getting the lesson tought very well in this mannor. Hell I was tought like this in here except by a girl. So yeah it was ten times more degrading.

"Alright just a few more moves how's your HP?... It looks like it can takes a few more hits." I said in a calming tone.

X:40/41

Zeri:8/25