[OP-F1] First Days

Dervish was in the game and had been for some time, honestly he had a problem the first few months of his game being stuck inside Aincrad for potentially the rest of his life whilst his body vegetated outside the game. He grew as a person, becoming tougher mentally however due to his time spent whining about his problems he ended up being very under leveled.

However now that he came to terms with his current predicament he began to look around for people and advice. Looking for those who were more experienced and better at the game overall meant that he could look for some advice, maybe get some hand me down weapons, or just get some friends, because he knew that, just like in any MMO you play, the game cannot be completed on your own. 

He was walking through the town of beginnings, not particularly drawing any attention to himself but not looking unique particularly either due to his starter equipment. Where he looked around at all sorts, marking down mentally NPCs to revisit at a later date. Until he sat on a bench and took out his One handed sword, this was a longsword. Not a good one either, but he needed longer. Due to one of his other favorite games if he could become a blacksmith or get a blacksmith to do something for him he could get a one handed sword with the weight and reach of a claymore potentially and still be able to weild it one handed, because if he was gonna be a tank like he wanted to be eventually. Looking imposing is part of the fight, and weilding a two handed weapon one handed is certainly a way to do that. He replaced it in the sheath the weapon came with on his side, but he wanted one on his back.

He was a starter character, he couldn't get everything he wanted, especially not in the string up shirt and baggy trousers he was wearing, the one recompense for him was  a pair of dark blue boots however, he liked those greatly.

Anna was back to her usual grind or running in town repeatable quests. She was starting to gain levels, however slowly, and would soon be able to leave the comfort of town and start her journey for real. Today she had stumbled upon another new quest she had not previously found and was busily hunting for the NPC she was supposed to be delivering the basket of goodies to. The woman was unfamiliar with this area as her other quests did not lead her anywhere near here so she was at a loss for finding who she needed to find.

She stood in the middle of the walkway scanning the names of the NPC’s and frowning. “Not here either…†she sighed. Where was this elusive NPC called “Grandmotherâ€. Zaz decided that maybe it was time to employ some help; she didn’t have time to waste and this quest was only slowing her down. Spotting a young man chilling out on a bench she strolled over to him.

“Hi…†she said, “Ummm… do you know where I can find the NPC called ‘grandmother’? I haven’t done this quest before so I have no idea where to look for her.â€

Me and Maruchan were tracking down an NPC by the name of grandmother to deliver a quest item too. Maruchan sniffed at the basket and then we began running across the rooftops tracking the NPC. Maruchan then barked and jumped down to the street below. I then began following him until we reached two players talking in the street.

"Move it gordita." I said as i gently pushed the girl whom I didn't know was azazel from behind.

Then moved the boy out of the way and the NOV was sitting on a bench right there.

"Here's your basket ma'am." I said as I handed the NPC the item.

I then turned to the players I pushed out of the way.

"Sorry bout that, questing you know." I said with a smile.

Dervish looked up at the man, quite annoyed at first, the man looked like he had more items on and Dervish knew that he would have literally no chance in a million years to fight them at this point. But Dervish was in a safe zone and he didn't know when to quit, he caught the girl who was pushed (well, more she fell into his lap) and then said "Are you ok?! Some people have no manners or respect for us noobs". He stood and glared at this man, but then he apologized and Dervish calmed down somewhat.

'At least he has manners' Dervish thought as he looked at this man, he opened his mouth and began spouting off to this higher level "You may be a higher level and have better stats than us but that doesn't mean you can push us around, we may be in a game but this game serves as our lives, people aren't just ragdolls for you to throw around, y'know. Maybe you should be more respectful and say excuse me every once in a while." 

With that outburst he turned away and back to Azazel, despite not knowing her name he offered a hand to her and said "Are you ok? I'm Dervish, need a hand up?"

Azazel got an answer to her question, unfortunately it was not the one she was looking for. She felt someone push past her, knocking her off balance. Anna tried to catch herself from falling but instead ended up right on the lap of the man she’d be questioning prior to being pushed.

"Move it gordita."

She recognized that voice. It was none other than that little monster, X.

“STOP CALLING ME FAT!†Anna said as she pounded her fist against the lap she sat on.

It was then that she realized where she was and what had happened and she turned to look at the man she was now on sitting on top of. He was much taller than she so she needed to look up at him even from her position.

"Are you ok?! Some people have no manners or respect for us noobs", he said to her.

â€œSpeak for yourself,†she said slightly offended. In gaming, even if you were new, it was never good to refer to one’s self as a â€noobâ€, that came with all the wrong connotation.

The man said something to X, but she just shook her head. “That’s just X, it’s just how he is. You don’t mean anything by it do you?†She asked X and laughed. Despite the boy being loud and rambunctious, he seemed like a decent kid. His attention turned back to her and the man introduced himself and offered her a hand up. Anna sheepishly slid off his lap averting her eyes trying to hide her obvious embarrassment.

“I’m fine,†she said, “Sorry I crash landed into you, but you know… I had help,†she said nodding her head toward X.

L chewed the bottom of his lip as he walked through the town where it all began, it seemed like only yesterday that he was on the front lines fighting against the beast that was the four headed hydra. He had lost his best friend that day. He sat down on one of the benches and began to reminisce of the times they had together, it started to gently rain, a soft sun shower, the droplets caressing his porcelain skin "Don't cry.. I'll be joining you one day.. Alkor... but not until i get my vengeance on this god forsaken castle" He closed his eyes and took in the moment, tilting his head to the sky. He heard faint talking in the background, not unusual in such a busy city, but close enough to catch his attention. He pulled himself up and walked around the corner, there were still some low level players around after all, it made him feel as though there was still some innocence left in this world. He tilted his head at the group ever so slightly, his hair falling from one side of his face to the other. "It's refreshing to see such energy still coming from players now days, are you all still getting comfortable or do you choose to stay away from the tragedies of this hell?" His face was expressionless, he wore a blue black and gold battle kimono which stopped just before touching the floor, he also had a large katana hanging lazily on his back, slanted to one side. His feet and hands were covered in cloth and leather, a traditional japanese warrior. He didn't intend his appearance to end up this way, he wasn't even aware of the origins of his gear, but he liked it. It also seemed that the rain stopped, almost as unnoticeably as it had started.  

Dervish turned to the newcomer and looked at his items with some sort of awe in his eyes "No I'm fine thank you I just accidentally upset this fine lady and was about to apologise, and then there is this guy apparantly named X who was so rude as to ignore us." Dervish felt like he was standing in front of some sort of god. Physically unable to move really and just stared at this man and his armour, it may have looked like a kimono but next to all of the NPCs and his own clothes he created this man looked like a lord compared to Dervish in his peasantly clothing. 

He still looked in awe to this very high level individual and became a little green with the stuff the man was wearing. The words stated were "Where did you get your sword and where can I get one as good as that sir? I'm rather in need of a merchant who can make me a great tank"

(OC: I'm a highschool athlete I'm busy no reason to God-mod.)

I listened as the player seemed salty about me coming in and turning in my quest. Then went as far as to say I distespect noobs. Which actually the opposite is true I mean I have this guild icon here well known (aside by this scrub) on the first floor as the icon of square one. Square one or S1 is a guild dedicated to helping the lower leveled players which I happen to be on the council of.

"Hey back off I'm not exactly one to annoy. And seriously? Disrespecting low leveled players you must be blind." I said while lightly pushing the players shoulder.

"Zaz knows what's up after those drinks! Ha! Am I right?" I joked to the older woman.

Then the guy who's name I heard is life walks over with his Kitana on his back. I actually always thought he was kinda cool although I would never wear blue or wield a katana.

"Hey your life right? Nice to meet you, my info broker buddy seems to know about you for some reason." I said in a carefree tone.

Then the low leveled player I feel like I'm going to have a problem with says something that leadse to belive he's actually insane.

"Um... Ignored? You must be blind or maybe even deaf... Yeah deaf seems like a good fit." I said truly confused by the players odd actions.

â€œNow, now boys, play nice….†Zaz said and clicked her tongue.

She didn’t find the way either male was sizing each other up to be very amusing, so she stepped between them as a barrier so that neither would do anything rash. She wasn’t sure about the seated gentleman, but X was always prone to doing something reckless.

â€œHe really doesn’t mean anything by what he does,†she tried to explain again to Dervish.

“And X, you shouldn’t push, and you can be very annoying. AND …†Zaz stepped toward the younger boy, “ I thought we agreed we weren’t going to talk about what happened the other day. What happens at the Starlight Café, stays at the Starlight Café.†She said in a hushed tone and put her finger to her lips to shush X.

Azazel looked up as she felt a drop of water hit her cheek. The gray clouds overhead shed a few sprinkles, enough to cool off the area. It was very pleasant. Another man dressed in a beautiful blue kimono approached and sought after how they were all getting along. She said nothing , but instead gave a soft half smile. 

Life took notice of the situation as the unfamiliar faces quarrelled. He yawned almost elegantly, indifferent to the mans comment, it wasn't uncommon for front liners to have their information leaked by info brokers, rumours got around fast. He rested his elbow on the hilt of this katana and his eyes fell on the woman. She seemed like the type of women that could fend for herself, an underestimated personality.. she reminded him of her.. He frowned faintly and his eyes looked onto the two men "Why fight for status when we are all equal in the eyes of eternity and damnation? Power should be used for progress, not for trivial struggles of elitism." He massaged the side of his neck as his gaze locked on the one that seemed to be at the centre of the commotion "I suppose you'd want to talk to a blacksmith about items for tanking, as for my weapon, I had it made in the molten forge run by Kosan. Unfortunately he has gone missing, such a waste of revered skill. It was custom made for my liking" He drew his sword from his sheath in a rising crescent manner, it took a good 5 seconds to draw out its full length. The blade was a smokey obsidian colour which faded to silver as it reached the sharp edge of the blade, its many folds made obvious as its wave pattern and glisten danced along its body. The guard was a distinct black pentagram, the hilt a weaving of black and gold material. "This is an Odachi katana, a much larger variety than the rest of its family." He connected that tip of the blade to opening in his scabbard and pulled it upwards making it easier to slide the whole blade back in a swift refined manner. 

Dervish grinned an his I y blue eyes glimmered like sapphires as the sword was drawn. The man apparantly named Life said some very prevalent things however and Dervish listened to this man almost like a martial art student does his master. He listened intently to the talk of equality and of power and Dervish smiled at it "I'm not making your point any less valid but I wish to gain power so I can protect those who I care about, which as far as I am concerned I have no reason not to care about the lives of everyone in this game."

Dervish then squealed as the giant blade was drawn, it was frankly beautiful but was clearly a deadly tool designed to end lives, that was when he stood in awe as he explained it, of course the weapons and war history geek knew this but he wasn't going to cut him off with an 'I know' so he let him talk. He smiled at the end and said "Thank you for the information, however I i remember correctly samurai only drew their blades with intent to kill with them. I mean, granted this is a game and your attire is remeniscent of samurai, just thought you'd find that fact cool"

Life explained to me how the fight for status being useless as we were all equal in eternity. Now I'm a true communist at heart and I understand in which the way we're all equal.

"You know the fight for status is only prevelant because of humans having an instinct of greed and overwhelming desire to be better rather than equal to other humans. Which is why capitalism works due to it playing off humanity's greatest flaw. The really ironic thing is literally every religion teaches to be the opposite of these instincts. So the real reason most capitalist countries have separation of church and state is so they keep there foot hold in ideals or status if you would." I explained revealing I'm sort of a genius.

Then life showed his katana. I've seen quite a few people using those and I decided it wasn't for me. Being a real scrapper IRL and very acrobatic in here the martial arts skill just seemed like a good fit.

"Say who wants to go see something cool?" I asked the group staring off in the distance.

Anna watched the boys talk amongst themselves feeling rather out of place at the moment. Dervish was eagerly drinking in all of Life’s knowledge, while X was being his usual self. After realizing that X had completed the grandmother quest earlier by handing the basket to the old woman a couple seats down from her, Anna decided that she ought to do that as well. She slipped away from the group for a moment and carried the basket over to the little old woman.

“Here you go, grandmother,†Zaz said. She knew she didn’t have to talk to the NPC’s but they were programmed to respond, so it was kind of neat.

“Oh thank you kindly dear,†the old woman said and rewarded Azazel with a little XP. That small bump was enough to give her the level she needed to go out into the field.

“YESS!†Zaz cheered to herself and gave a little fist pump.

Happily, she returned to the group just in time for X to ask them if they would like to see him do something.

“Showing off again, X? This isn’t the café, none’s going to pay you for your antics here.†She said as she cracked a smile and laughed.

He looked over at the newer player"In this world? I will always intend to kill with this blade. Only when we're all free will I ever rest my sword" Life smirked when the women made a snark reply towards X, she kind of reminded him of himself when he had first joined the crimson inquisition. "Im not too fussed about it, we can go wherever" He then continued on to reply to Xs previous comment "By the way you're nearly there. They would have you believe that they were separate and had nothing to do with each other however there are a number of communist countries that still use a religious system. In fact most countries when they were first formed each had their own religion. Each was a different method of control for their population, how else do you think a government gets the pope to call a crusade? For a government it's just another tool. Punishments in law are proven to not work as a deterrent when committing crime however, the thought of eternal damnation does, at least for those who believe. Left wing or Right wing, it makes no difference in the end, as long as people live in fear and silence. The idea of being superior is a feeling of power over another, however mastering others is strength and mastering yourself is true power. If you want to make a difference there's no better moment than within yourself and at the grand and never ending moment we call now" He spoke as if he had explained this analogy multiple times already. You could lead a horse to water but you couldn't make it drink, or so he had felt numerous times before. There was no point holding onto frustration, the best thing to do was to let it go.