Battle Healing idea

Guest Meokka

Battle Healing
5 Ranks
Passive
Effect: Recover X health on natural CD rolls of 10+ (X=Rank Level)
Description: Recover small amounts of health in battle. The amount recovered is equal to your battle healing skill rank.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I think it should also go off during a CD roll of 1 so when you critical miss you don't feel like garbage for missing. Just a thought. What do other people say?

Guest Meokka

2 out of 10 that's a 20% chance vs a 10% chance 

Maybe when you get it to rank 3 it unlocks the chance to hit on a CD fail roll of 1. To make it more fair?

I was testing this via table top with 3 other friends. *cause I have an itch to roleplay*

In my opinion, the roll rolls represent how well you preform (i dont rp this way on this thread... but thats how i see them) So for example

if you roll a 5 you barely missed

4 you attacked right but just missed

3 you missed by a bigger margin of error

1  you just completely messed up beyond all possible reconition

I see acc as that extra speed or w.e. that would make a bad attack still hit.
so

4, you would of just missed had you not swing fast enough

But if you just completely messed up beyond all reconition. then there is no recovery from that nomatter how hard you try.

you should not reward screw ups.

Another thing

you should move this thread to the support and feedback thread. so the gm can respond. Since they understand the game better

Guest Meokka

That's the point though you screw up SO BAD that you just heal to make up for it. I dunno I had 5 other people around a table. We use gurps system, DND 3.5 - 4, vampires of the masquerade. We thought yeah you failed so hard you don't heal, but then watched a person roll and never landing a crit roll of 10. The 10% on every role. Basically 10 out of 100 rolls would land you a crit. now I don't know about you but while I was testing the game mechanic we found most things die before 10 attacks even when you miss (party only) we had a party of 3 people every time. So at that rate battle healing became useless. You only heal for the ranks in it. Now lets say you took athletics ect so your level 5 character with battle healing 1. You'd have what 15 life about and you'd heal for 1 maybe ONCE during the whole battle. At least with the critical fail heal you a.  don't feel like you suck so bad when you don't do anything for about 4 turns if you're in a party. b. you heal have a better chance to heal at all during the battle with 20% healing at maybe level 3. Because if you're failing that much you might die a lot sooner. This kind of balances it for solo players, and makes party players not mind sucking on rolls waiting for their next turn.

It's just a thought. Also I can't move threads I don't have that ability I don't think XD

That's the point though you screw up SO BAD that you just heal to make up for it. I dunno I had 5 other people around a table. We use gurps system, DND 3.5 - 4, vampires of the masquerade. We thought yeah you failed so hard you don't heal, but then watched a person roll and never landing a crit roll of 10. The 10% on every role. Basically 10 out of 100 rolls would land you a crit. now I don't know about you but while I was testing the game mechanic we found most things die before 10 attacks even when you miss (party only) we had a party of 3 people every time. So at that rate battle healing became useless. You only heal for the ranks in it. Now lets say you took athletics ect so your level 5 character with battle healing 1. You'd have what 15 life about and you'd heal for 1 maybe ONCE during the whole battle. At least with the critical fail heal you a.  don't feel like you suck so bad when you don't do anything for about 4 turns if you're in a party. b. you heal have a better chance to heal at all during the battle with 20% healing at maybe level 3. Because if you're failing that much you might die a lot sooner. This kind of balances it for solo players, and makes party players not mind sucking on rolls waiting for their next turn.

It's just a thought. Also I can't move threads I don't have that ability I don't think XD

you can repost your idea in the support and feedback thread and write out your arguement.

A fail is a fail, i dont see how a fail would equal a success? Battle healing in on CD so it is more controlled in terms of chance to heal because a max rank healing 5 hp is a lot of health. Its probably one of the most balanced skills we have. Unless you want battle healing to activate on a 9+ CD role instead of 10+. Again, a buff to battle healing would make it over powered, i have 2 ranks in battle healing and coupled with my damage mitigation i finish most fights on a near full hp bar especially since that mobs wont always hit you due to failed rolls and factoring in evasion.  

Guest Meokka

It still confuses me on why you'd use the crafting die for this skill. However WITH the crafting die it does seem to work. I'll try doing another test run with it with my table top group because I see the error we made in thinking it meant crit die instead of craft die. Even though we knew CD stood for craft die we just didn't see a in battle skill = craft die. Please keep this open until friday afternoon please.