[OP-F1]- A Light That Never Comes

Corvus sat by the door of a small inn, tapping his finger lightly. He stares at the door and glances out the window growing more worried ever second. A look of relief washes over his face as a notification pops up in front of him. Gladly reading it, the happiness drains from his face. To anyone in sight, they could have seen it was friend-list related. He shakes his head, not believing the words he was reading. Corvus stands slowly and makes his way towards the door. He pauses momentarily, before punching the wall with all his force. Corvus turns and sits back down, an eerie calm displayed across his face. 

Anthony looked over at the guy who punched the wall. It wasn't uncommon to see a guy like that losing it. Some people had even committed suicide since the death-game began. He felt their pain. There were a freaking hundred floors to clear. And people had died against boars. He narrowed his eyes slightly. There was some notification to do with a friend on his menu. He stood, draining the last of his root beer, before carefully stepping over to the man. He sat down in front of the guy, slightly creeped out by his calm demeanor.

"Are you alright?" he asked, tilting his head to the side a little.

Corvus looked at the person sitting before him. He felt an odd cold feeling, as if he was watching elsewhere. After a moment Corvus actually processed the question he was asked.

"Do I look like the kind of person who is okay?"

Corvus knew the guy was trying to be helpful, but he didn't want anyone to help. He wanted them all just to go. It was happening again. He knew should be doing something, but he felt... calm. Just an emptiness. Corvus looked back at the guy, and looked back down.

"Im Corvus. Just so you know."

Anthony leaned back a little, raising an eyebrow. 

"No. You don't look okay. You look like you've seen a ghost." He stretched slightly, trying to relax. It was like some odd psychological chess match. Except all the pieces were gray and you didn't whether you were helping or hurting your side. He closed his eyes as the man mentioned his name. 

"Corvus... constellation, isn't it? Latin for crow?" he said tentatively. 

"Raven,"  Corvus corrected, somewhat coldly. 

"Crow is the more common translation but I use raven."

Corvus swiped upon his menu and began to sort through his inventory/ He gave a quick peek at his now empty friend list and flinched briefly.

"Well. I guess I have no reason to wait here anymore."

"and so the death game has won again,"  Corvus muttered the dark quote to himself. 

A sudden memory of a familiar scene played out in his head. It's morbidly ironic how alike this situation is to the last time. Even the table they were seated at. Corvus had to restrain himself from attempting to smash the table into a pile of wood.

He never wanted to have to repeat this ever again.

As he stood, Corvus gave the other a worrying look. "You don't mind if I go now, will you?"

Corvus paused waiting for an answer before he would be going to his room.

Anthony's eyes flicked downward. "Raven. Yeah, alright." He glanced upward at the open menu in front of Corvus. An empty friend list. It didn't take a genius. He glanced out the window. 

Quoth the raven, nevermore.

It took a special kind of poet to stay relevant after almost a century.

"Your friend... dead?" he asked, bracing himself for some kind of outburst. 

Still in a calm state, Corvus nodded, saying softly "This isn't the first time." 

He sat back down, his unsettling calmness beginning to break. The realization that he was in a conversation with a person suddenly jolted him to his senses. Corvus seemed to  suddenly have a look of discomfort and worry, fidgeting in his seat. he leaned forward, then back again, not sure if he is comfortable leaning close in near someone, or being open to the entire room.

A feeling of panic that contradicts Corvus's previous mood suddenly arises in him. Constantly throwing looks around the room, Corvus asks near silently "M-maybe I should go to my r-room. It was nice to meet y-you A-a-Anthony."

Despite the finality in his statement, Corvus stays seated.

After a failed attempt in searching for someone, Zeri decided to head into a inn for a time being and come up with a better plan. "I guess the information I got was wrong. I need to make a habit of staying longer instead a leaving too soon."

Zeri then lazily walked into the inn and let out a very big yawn and stretch for a good minute. Then he slowly turned and and saw the person he was looking for. "Well then. Hi there Crovus! How've you been?"

Then Zeri noticed another player as well and introuduced himself. "Hello there. My name is Zeri. Nice to meet you! I hope you don't mind me joining in." Zeri said as he grabbed a chair and sat beside the two.

Anthony glances at the new guy. "Zeri, huh? Nice. M'name's Anthony. You know him?" he says, gesturing at Corvus. "I just finished talking to him now." He stares out the window a moment before returning to reality, turning to Corvus.

"If you want to leave, by all means. I won't stop you."

Corvus looked at Zeri, his calm faltering shortly. He sighed and looked down to the table. 

"No, i'll stay. It's fine." 

Sitting up he turned to Zeri, with a question on his mind.

"Hey, um, were you looking for me?"

The question came out slowly, not sure if he wanted an answer.

"Not exactly. I just met him not to long ago." Zeri told Anthony. Then Zeri wondered what was Anthony and Crovus was talking about, but deemed it unimportant and then turned his attention to Crovus.

"Yes, I was. Now what was it." Zeri thought for a long time but couldn't remember what was the reason why, and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Must not be important then." Then after thinking for a moment, Zeri then asked the group a question.

"Was anybody planning on doing anything or we just hanging out here?"

Ssendom opens the door rather leisurely, stretching after a little while of restless hunting. He begins to yawn, "Man, all those pathetic boars and wolves... and nothing but a couple levels."

He sits at the bartop as scans over the wares of the Inn, "Everything costs col and I earned none in my hunt today." He sighs after the realization and leans back in the chair, then notices the few other players in the building.

'Hmm I thought I was the only one that frequented this Inn, since everyone is in a rush to level up and fight on the frontlines.' He thinks to himself for a second. Ssendom leans forward scanning the faces of each of the players, attempting to gather a feel of the situation they're in. He has rather a rough time feeling the mood between them by the different aura's of each person's emotion.

He stretches again and ponders, "How is everything going over there?" then begins to lean on hand in a thinking position, finger outstreched across the mouth while the elbow rests upon the Countertop.

Corvus glared at the new arrival, then turned back to the other two ignoring his presence. 
"I was waiting for someone Zeri. But he isn't coming anytime soon, so Im open. How about you Anthony? Have any plans?"

Corvus remained with a normal straight face. No hint of emotion or motive could be revealed through his words. Had no one been talking to him he could be mistaken for a statue. His hand tapped rhythmically on the table suddenly and a change entered his eyes. He seemed very focused on a memory. And he was. A memory that took place just a week before.

Cold. That was what corvus first thought. He looked at his friend, and wondered how he came and hunted here very day all day. Corvus felt bad.  Kichirou did all the hunting, leveling; He took care of them both. Although the items and EXP they earned went to him no matter which one found it, Corvus felt like he wasn't doing his part. Kichirou's words jostled him back. They were setting up camp. They chose a spot under a low tree branch to lie down. staring at the pine bristles, they both fell asleep. Corvus woke later, being jostled. Kichirou was shaking him, and saying something. And then he wasn't there anymo-

Corvus shook his head and pulled himself out of the memory.

"How about we just stay in town?" Zeri suggested to since he was feeling a little lazy and didn't want to leave town. Then Zeri noticed another player joined the group. Zeri ignored the person as he noticed something was going on in Crovus's mind, which made Zeri a little bit worried. "Are you ok Crovus? We stay inside the inn if you're not feeling well." Zeri said to Crovus while waiting for a response

Ssendom paused for a moment, looking at the one furthest from him on the table from which he peers at. He begins to figure out that there was something very deep and complicated going on in the man's mind, thus Ssendom decided not to pry into the reason or cause. "Sorry to interrupt you fellows, I can head out if you guys would like to be alone. I don't want to bother you all." he rambles with a sincere voice.

He shifts and gets out of his chair. Standing slightly taller than the other two, and looks at Anthony and semi bow's, "My name is Ssendom, tis a pleasure to greet nontheless." With a gracious tones. He stands back up and slightly leans backwards with his arms initially crossed, but then he returns his hand to the same position on his face that he had when he sat on the chair.