[SP-F10] (Complete) Arc 2- A Duel With a Progenitor

It seemed like eons had passed since Oikawa and his familiar, King, last visited the darkness that is Floor 10. On the duo's last journey, Oikawa's main goal was to locate the Stygian River. After an intense battle with a player-like mob, The blonde had succeeded in collecting the information needed to find the river. This story builds on that last encounter.

Arc 2: A Duel With a Progenitor begins...

Darkness enveloped the player as he stepped from the teleport gate. As the silhouettes and outlines of the city around him fell into place, Oikawa all too quickly remembered why he hated this floor. I can't see a damned thing here. However, at least I know my destination. Oikawa scooped up the cub perched at his feet, and rested him on his head. The leopard seemed not to mind, as he quickly nuzzled into the mesh of the blonde's softened locks.

The two quickly headed for the city limits. Intent on exiting and going straight to the river. As they trudged through the murky darkness, Oikawa made sure to avoid contact with any of the local undead. While they didn't throw punches, or even speak that much, for that matter, they were still quite the creepy bunch and they gave Oikawa the willies.

The gate loomed into view. Just outside it, was the infamous dragon that guarded the city. Though Oikawa couldn't tell if it was good or bad at it's job considering he's snuck in and out a few times undetected already. The blonde and cub quickly sneaked passed the scaled monster once more. They headed south into the woods. his was where Oikawa had messed up last time. Instead of continuing south, he had decided to turn, but not this time.

[15191] LD: 17

The sounds of rushing water confirmed the duo's location. As Oikawa neared the riverbank, he moved King from his head to the ground to allow the cub to sniff around. The blonde observed the Stygian. The blood red waters flowing endlessly into the distance. Rumor has it the water itself tastes very much like blood and that beneath the surface lurks creatures with a decayed, undead state.

King's roar grabbed Oikawa's attention, The leopard pawed at a crimson red ingot protruding from the riverbank. Oikawa walked towards it and plucked it from the ground. "Good find King! I can always use more materials."

...rustle...rustle...

[1 Material Found]

A shadowy figure watched from the trees above. Peering through the foliage, it took note of the player that seemed to be alone aside from its familiar. The thing that stuck out to the on-looker the most, was that this being had..a pulse. A vibrant, throbbing, pulsing sign of life. The figure smirked as it lay in wait. As it stepped back, it's hand caused the leaves to rustle a little louder than usual. This of course grabbed the attention of the player below.

Whipping around, the blonde honed in on the noise. He could see a figure watching from the trees. I wonder who or what that is. "Well we both know I know you're their. You might as well come down." Oikawa drew his blade, Faint Edge and equipped his shield, Inquisiteur. "Well go on. Show yourself!"

The figure blurred then was suddenly standing in front of Oikawa. Oikawa was surprised and caught off guard. Finally regaining his ability to move. He jumped back. He looks human but his crystal says otherwise. This is a high leveled Mob. What have I gotten myself into?

"Who or rather what are you?"

"I am a servant of the Council of Immortals. My name is Hercule. Judging by your expression, You have no clue what an Immortal is? Do you?

Oikawa was hesitant to answer. I've never heard of them. I suppose, judging purely by their name, they are a group of mobs with the immortal status. But why put them in the game if they can't be defeated? "They wouldn't happen to be Mobs, such as yourself, with the trait <Immortal Object> would they?"

"Close, but no. They are council of beings with near immortal status. Meaning they are extremely formidable and hard to kill. I am a demi-immortal myself. I hear you can gain many riches for defeating this council. In a way I am asking you to defeat them. But are you worthy?

Somethings off about this guy. Why would he want a council that rules over him to be annihilated? What's his gain? For now I'll play along. "How do I prove my worthiness?" The blonde shifted his stance and placed a hand on his rapier hilt. I'll most likely have to battle something. Better get prepared.

"You will fight me in a half loss duel. If you win. I shall grant you the locations to all the Immortals. Furthermore I will pay you with something based on your luck. Do we have a deal?"

Like I said for now I'll play his game. Let's get this show on the road. "I accept your duel and your challenge should I win."

Oikawa's stats:

HP: 65/ DMG: 9/ ACC: 3/EVA: 3/MIT: 3

Battle Healing Rank 1

Hercule's stats:

HP: 60/ DMG: 8/ ACC: 1/EVA: 1/MIT: 1

Battle Healing Rank 3

On a natural roll of 10, Ignores 2 Mitigation and Heals +2 HP

[15501] BD: 4 (2+3-1) Miss

Oikawa poised himself to attack, taking note that Hercule had 1 HP bar and an extremely small HP bar above that. Not much more than 50 HP. I just have to deal like 30 or so damage and I should win. Lunging forward, the blonde barraged the Mob with a series of Jabs. Smiling he, jumped back and waited to see the HP bar drop. He was surprised when the HP bar didn't budge. Did he really evade every blow?

Oikawa 65/65

Hercule 60/60

The immortal watched as the blonde player came forward and attacked with a furious set of jabs, however due to his status he could see each of the jabs coming and carefully evaded each one. As the player stepped back, Hercule could see the look of astonishment plastered to his face. "Surprised? You shouldn't be. I did say I was an Immortal. Just not on par with the council. Now its my turn." The wicked figure launched himself at the teen with his fangs barred and hands raised. He did carry a weapon on him, but he also specialized in unarmed combat.

As he entered the boys personal space, he launched  roundhouse kick. It was quickly deflected by the boys shied. He then followed up with a leg sweep and middle jab. Rather than using a fist, Hercule punctured the blonde with his bare hands. "Best not let your guard down around me boy. I'll kill you at this rate."

[15894] MD: 6 (8+1-3) Hit

Oikawa 60/65 (-5) [8-3]

Hercule 60/60

Hercule addressed the blonde's unasked question. This is the power of an Immortal? Looks like I need to step it up a notch. His next attack would have to wait however, as Hercule rushed him. A roundhouse kicked rocked his shield as he blocked the Immortal's first strike. Oikawa felt his legs go up in the air as his back smacked into the ground. A little dazed, he had no time to react to a piercing blow to his stomach. Hercule removed his hand from the wound and spoke with an arrogant tone.

"I'm just getting warmed up Hercule. And while that hurt, I've been hit far harder." Hoisting himself up, Oikawa narrowed his sights on the elusive figure and prepared to strike. Rocketing forward, the Faint lunged viciously for Hercule's throat. The immortal quickly evaded the stab. and jumped back further. Damn he is hard to hit...

[15899] BD: 4 (2+3-1) Miss CD: 3 (4-1)

Oikawa 60/65

Hercule 60/60 (-0) [0-1]

"Now now. Don't tempt me into ending your life. I have a plan should you prove yourself. So far it's not looking good. Meaning I may have to kill you afterwards." Those words fell on deaf ears however as the blonde launched yet another predictable attack. Moving his head slightly left, Hercule dodged the tip of the rapier and jumped back a few paces to give himself space. 

"It's a shame really. I thought you would've hit me at least once by now. No matter, I shall strike again." With godly speed, Hercule closed the distance and lunged once again for the boys torso. However, the blonde not only smacked his arm away with his shield but he also jumped back to keep the distance. Hmm he shows promise

[15902] MD: 1 (3+1-3) Miss

Oikawa 60/65 (-0) [0-3]

Hercule 60/60

As the immortal man snickered and berated his skills, he attacked with blinding speed. Oikawa could somehow see the swipe of Hercules's arm. Bringing up his shield, the blonde smacked the attack aside and jumped back to give himself more distance.

Alright calm down. You can still hit this guy. Speeding forward, Oikawa cocked his arm back as he prepared to unleash a series of jabs. Once in striking range, he alternated between low, medium and high jabs. Although most of the attacks missed, He managed to nick him. "Immortal my ass. Let's get this on."

[16211] BD: 6 (4+3-1) Hit CD: 3 (4-1)

Oikawa 60/65

Hercule 52/60 (-8) [9-1]

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive that he was able to not only dodge my attack but retaliate in the process. I suppose I should stop toying around. Lets see how he likes this. Hercule launched himself forward as he lunged at the blonde. Feigning a leg sweep, he immediately jumped on him. After forcing him to the ground Hercule tried to claw Oikawa repeatedly but was some being blocked by the blonde's free arm which happened to hold his shield.

Suddenly Hercule was forced upwards as he was knocked into the air by a powerful kick. "My my. Now it seems we have a fight." Beckoning for the blonde to attack, Hercule mouthed "Come at me!"

[17321] MD: 1 (3+1-3) Miss

Oikawa 60/65 (-0) [0-3]

Hercule 52/60

Oikawa watched as Hercule seemed to ponder for a bit. He had almost begun to relax, when suddenly the Immortal rushed over and knocked him to the floor. Oikawa knew that was an efficient tactic against non-martial art users. Gripping his free hand, Oikawa brought the shield over just in time to block the parade of punches. Feeling a slight pause in the attack, Oikawa got a foot and his shield under Hercule and launched him skywards.

Picking himself up, the blonde tightened his grip on his rapier and darted towards Hercule. Leaping up, Oikawa rotated a full 360 degrees to build up some momentum. As he came full circle, he extended his rapier and pierced the Mob-player mid flight. Jumping down he called out to Hercule. "You're starting to look like all bark no bite"

[1732?] BD: 8 (8+3-1) Hit CD: 10 (11-1)

Oikawa 61/65

Hercule 44/60 (-8) [9-1]

"Watch your tongue boy" was all the exasperated Immortal could say as he faltered back from the players attack. His confidence is growing and it's getting harder to hit him. At this rate, I'll lose our little wager. However, I am a noble and I don't go back on my word. Through labored breaths, Hercule called out,  "Is that the best you got boy? Come at me harder than that!" Instead of attacking, Hercule looked to egg the player on . Hopefully causing him to slip up and give an opening.

[17389] MD: 3 (5+1-3) Miss

Oikawa 61/65 (-0) [0-3]

Hercule 44/60

However, Hercule's taunt had the opposite effect. It instead fired the blonde up as he realized Hercule was on the losing end of this bout and that two more strikes would win him the duel. "You're on your last legs Hercule. Unfortunately I doubt you'll be winning this fight." Before he even finished his sentence, the blonde quickly lunged forward at an alarming speed. Only skidding to a halt alongside the Immortal Mob. Pixels dropped from wound inflicted by the rapier lodged in Hercules chest.

Whispering to him, Oikawa stated "For an immortal your quite fragile. One more hit from me and your HP will drop into the yellow zone and I'll be declared the winner. Any snide comments for that?"

[17491] BD: 7 (7+3-1) Hit CD: 0 (1-1)

Oikawa 61/65

Hercule 36/60 (-8) [9-1]

The impact surprised Hercule. Or rather the speed of the attack is what got him. He's moving with speeds on par with my own. How can this be? i suppose I should let him win at this point. But maybe not let him take on the quest. It would be unnecessary and disgraceful at this point. Pushing his bangs to the side, Hercule replied, "Finish me then! You have one thi fight fair and square. but I'll have to recant my earlier challenge. Don't ask questions. Just take your victory and leave."

Why the sudden change in attitude and why can't I ask questions? What is Kayaba doing? Arrrgggghh this frustrating. Dislodging the blade, Oikawa called out to King to heal him before he simply thrusted the blade through Hercule, thus declaring him the winner. As he removed his blade once more, he sheathed. Turning to face Hercule, the blonde was puzzled as he was already gone. I didn't get to ask my questions. Next time I will get answers.

"Lets go King"

[17492] BD: 8 (8+3-1) Hit CD: 7 (8-1)

Oikawa 65/65 (+5)

Hercule 28/60 (-8) [9-1]

The leopard cub jumped down from his perch in the tree. Oikawa swiftly scooped him up and placed him on his head. Trudging back along the path they traveled, Oikawa started to feel better as far as his vision was concerned. The shadows started looking familiar and the dark didn't seem as endless. I guess my eyes are finally becoming adjusted. Go figure. The minute I start to leave, my vision decides that it wan's to cooperate.