[PP,F1] <<Earning a Living>> (Meokka,Azazel)

Guest Meokka

Meokka nodded to her and accepted the quest.

"One day, when I get good enough at this sort of thing I'll be able to better equip us both."

She looked to Az trustingly. 

"I'll be counting on you."

Usually she felt independent and tried to handle everything on her own. She knew that mentality might  get her killed. She saluted to Az with a determined expression.

"Thank you for your support, I'll do my best to learn from it."

She then went at ease and followed Az out of the city to floor two to take out some monsters.

(I'm lvl 6 so hp is at 15 I believe, yes you'll spawn the monsters though)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meokka didn’t need long to think things over and she pressed the accept button for the quest. She told Anna that she would one day equip them with better items, which caused the woman to smile. “I look forward to it,†she replied, and then lead Meokka from the shop and to the second floor.

It took over an hour to traverse to the second floor. The pair walked along a small road to the caves where Zaz was told the Bronzite would be. They had visited a broker who assured them that his information as to the whereabouts of the monster. Gigantically tall pines lined the pathway blotting out most of the sun. Small beams of light spilled down upon them from a gap and break between the braches it could find. It was a very pretty place, one that Anna would have liked to spend more time at. Unfortunately today they were on a mission, which meant admiring the pretty scenery was going to have to wait another day.

Eventually the trail broke through the trees and the path cleared to a hole in the side of the mountain they had been traveling across. “This is the place,†Anna said as she verified with her locator. Needing a few minutes break Zaz sat down on a low boulder beside the entrance to the cave.

“Now when we go in,†Zaz began, “I want you to stay close, but stay behind me. As the broker said, Bronzites are a hostile mob, but they generally travel alone, so we should be okay taking them on one at a time. If we come up on more than one of them though, I want you to run! Get the hell out of the caves and don’t stop running until you make it to a safe zone. Do you understand?†She gave the girl a stern look.

“I will hold them off for as long as I can so you can get away. I am dead serious about this. We won’t go in until you promise me you’ll do as I say.â€

Anna was afraid. If she died, then it was what happened, but if Meokka died along with her, she would never forgive herself for putting the girl in harm’s way. Even though the mob shouldn’t have been terribly difficult to deal with, she didn’t like the thought of taking any sort of chances, not with a young person’s life on the line.

“Now promise.†the woman said again.

Guest Meokka

Meokka stared at her. Her lips pursed and her eyes seemed determined. She didn't want to listen. The thought of disbanding the party and walking right past her crossed her mind. Yet she knew Az might take that the wrong way somehow. Her shoulders sank a bit. She tried to choose her words carefully. She looked at the woman.

"I can't promise that ma'am." she saluted adamantly. "I won't let this game change me. I will not be careless either though. You're life is just as valuable as mine. Don't think for a second I'd run away if you're in danger. If I run, you must run with me or I will be a tanatious dog. If you think this game will make me a coward then you are mistaken. I'm taking this job to get stronger. I trust you Az, please trust my tenacity. I will protect you too." she slowly put her hand down. "We're in this together." She held her hand out to her. "I fight with you, you fight with me. I run, you run. If my HP gets too low and I think you can finish it off I'll get away from the enemy, but only if I know you'll be all right."

Azazel smiled and shook her head at the girl’s words. “So stubborn,†She said and sighed. From the expression on Meokka’s face, the girl was dead serious; nothing Zaz could say or do would change the girl’s mind. “Fine,†Anna gave in, “Just don’t die! I don’t want to be the one to have to tell your parents how you died.†The idea of having to tell someone’s parents how their child died was more than Anna thought she could do. The woman was more determined to keep the both of them alive for the girl’s parents’ sake.

â€œLet’s go then,†Zaz said as she took the lead and headed into the cave.

Zaz was thankful that the mouth of the cave was both wide and had a high ceiling. Fighting would be difficult in cramped quarters especially considering Meokka’s choice of weapon. There were torches lit and lining a wall of the cave illuminating their path. From the looks of things, the cave must be a rather popular area to look for resources for smithing. They traveled until they came to a wide cavern with several open tunnels leading different directions. She was about to ask the girl which they ought to take but Zaz saw something moving toward them. It was what they were looking for, a bronzite. The large boulder-like mob spotted them both and charged toward them.

“This is it,†Anna said as she drew her rapier and charged the creature.

15440      2015-05-07  07:12:33

BD: 9 (+1 DMG weapon skill)

MD: 10 (Damn you mob!)

Anna moved quickly and landed the first blow. She was about to jump back but the creature swung it’s arm before it could and it knocked her back rather hard. The rock hard fist smashed into her chest and caused her to slide back toward the girl she’d been shielding.

“Be careful.†Anna rubbed her chest where the thing had hit her. “It’s a rather feisty beast.†She said as she readied her weapon again.

Azazel:  20/23

Meokka: 15/15

Bronzite:  9/12

((Finally sorted out how much HP the darn mobs should have to drop loot for you XD  ))

Guest Meokka

She nodded to her and readied her lance.

"Thanks. I might be bull headed but I want to protect people you know."

She walked in the cave. It wasn't too dark yet thanks to the light outside of the cave. Herr head turned to Az worried. She stayed silent and could see the creature. She waited a moment and then swiftly ran at her target landing a hit on the mob, pushing it away from Az.

"You shouldn't have turned your back on me naive, but your worse mistake was attacking my friend." she glared vehemently. She didn't look over at Az but she spoke to her. "Are you all right!? Get ready to switch with me!"

BD 7

HP

Azazel 20/23   Hate 1

Meokka 15/15 Hate 1

Bronzite 7/12

Meokka struck the beast as Anna caught her breath. She smiled rather pleased with how well the girl was doing. Maybe Zaz ought not to have worried so much from the get go; Meokka was obviously strong enough to handle herself. The Bronzite’s attention seemed fixed on her younger companion and this was not something that pleased Zaz one bit.

“I’m fine…†She replied as Meokka called out to her. “Just worry about him and we’ll be alright.†She said as she charged in toward the beast once more.

15487     2015-05-07  16:29:16

BD: 3 (Damn you dice!)

MD: 7

As she went to strike the monster from behind, the Bronzite seemed to know her attack was coming and easily defended itself. It stretched its large stony arm out and batted Anna away. The beast landed a blow to her right shoulder which was a lucky thing; if it’d been her left, there’d be no way she could’ve continued fighting. She skid back once more stopping by the girl’s side.

“I’m okay. Focus on him,†she assured the girl as she got into position once more.

Azazel:  19/23

Bronzite:  7/12

Guest Meokka

15516 BD 9 

Meokka saw that it dug into the ground to get away from her and hit Az. She glared again and bolted towards the enemy. 

"I need those drops, and you shouldn't hit Az!" 

She brought her spear up clipping the mob again. Meokka moved her hips side to side ready to get out of the way if need be. 

"Az are you okay?" She was really focused this time around. "It's health is going down fast enough a crit would be nice. I believe in you!" 

Azazel:  19/23 1 hate

Meokka: 15/15 2hate

Bronzite:  4/12

With Meokka's words cheering her on, Anna rushed the monster again and hit it with everything she had. The Bronzite's health was low and she found the perfect opening to attack. The creature was too distracted by the girl to notice the woman coming up on it and delivering a nasty blow. Zaz thrust her rapier point into the beast deeply and it let out a terrible roar as it began to dissipate. The monster pixelated as she withdrew her sword. Anna was thrilled she'd never had such a spectacular kill before. As the last bits of the monster disappeared Zaz picked up their winnings. The best left behind 2 bronze and 75 pieces of Cole. She handed the bronze to the girl and quickly divided up the money.

"Here's your share," she said handing the girl her bit of Col, it wasn't much but it was more than she had currently in her purse. " Don't spend it all in one place." she teased.

BD: 10 (+2 crit +1 DMG WS)

MD: 1

LD: 20 (YES!!!!)

Azazel:  19/23 

Bronzite:  0/12 DEAD

Found: 2 Bronze (1 from kill + 1 from LD) and 75 Col split two ways (38 Meokka/37 Azazel)

((Dont forget to add the mob dice to your tallys and take off whatever it hit you for if it hit.  Also, You did 9 damage so that's plus one crit AND your plus one damage so you take three off. I edited my math to reflect that...don't forget to fix your tally! ^_^

I went with the col and the bonus mat because it was easier to divide, but if you want an uncommon item, pm let me know and I will fix the rp to reflect that))

Guest Meokka

(Ah missed 1 point of dmg I gave it you're right! I forgot a 9 is a +1dmg XD thanks for the reminder. You were in control of the mob. So it attacks only on it's turn. It missed me a lot XD. The hate was even and you rped it hitting you I was like I can take it send it at me XD.)

She held her hand out and looked at the cole. This was amazing! She stared at the two pieces of bronze. She only needed three more pieces and the quest was complete! What a lucky score to get two in one go.

"Are you sure you don't want the cole Az? You're helping me out so much. Also you're last attack was flawless." She beamed at her. "I can't wait to talk about it in a restaurant! And when this is done I can even tell my patrons about it when they buy weapons or armor!" She seemed pretty pleased about this.

“No you keep that. You were a big help. If you hadn’t drawn his attention, then I’d have never been able to hit it like that,†Anna admitted. Her skills were far from perfect but she was working on improving them. It seemed a bit of her had paid off. She laughed as the girl continued to gush over the way Zaz destroyed the last monster.

“So three more to go, right?†She said as she gave a stretch. “Well let’s go down one these tunnels and find us another monster.â€

((Left or right, the choice is up to you my dear!))

Azazel:  20/25 

Guest Meokka

Meokka looked around the place and decided to head left instead of right.

"Did you want to take a break for a bit? I have some bread and water if you wanted some." she told her. "No sense is us getting roughed up if we can enjoy the cave."

She looked around at the glowing crystals in the cave. She loved scenery like this. She looked to Az.

"Have you ever been in this cave before? I've never heard about it till now."

Meokka moved toward the left trail and then stopped again asking if Zaz needed to rest. “No, I actually feel pretty awesome!†Anna said shaking her head, “I mean unless you need a break. We have traveled a long way today. I’m kind of always all over the place so I don’t wear down easy.†The girl looked about the cave seemingly admiring the place. Zaz didn’t bother. It wasn’t because it wasn’t nice, but because Zaz didn’t like being in spaces like this, she preferred wide open spaces under the bright blue sky.

“I’ve travelled this floor before, but I’ve had no reason to come to the caves,†she explained, “I choose tailor as my profession so none of the materials I need are here. We should probably get moving though so we can finish this quest and get back to town before it gets too late.â€

Azazel:  21/25 

Guest Meokka

She nodded and followed Az through the caves. She looked up and all around. Listening to the drip of water from the ceiling of the cave.

"There must be some sort of lake in this cave. While we hunt down more bronzite lets see if we can find the lake."

She closed her eyes trying to pinpoint where the echo was coming from.

"We can have a break if we find it."

Eating by a lake sounded rather nice. She'd always looking for something relaxing to counter act the doom like feeling of being in SAO. She knew a lot of people couldn't handle being stuck in places, and if Az disliked it already it was the least she could do for her.

The pair walked deeper into the tunnel, and Anna was not enjoying it one bit. It was too dark, and now there was water dripping so it was wet, and then there was some sort of musty smell, a cave smell, and that made her like it even less. Meokka on the other hand seemed to be very much enjoying herself. She was looking about with wonder and even asked if they could find the location of the underground lake, if there was such a thing.

“Perhaps,†the woman told the girl and smiled softly. But, Zaz would have much rather just killed off what they needed and hurried back to somewhere that wasn’t so dark and dank, somewhere with beer, preferably.

Azazel:  22/25 

Guest Meokka

"This way, you'll be impressed I hope! I think I know what the creaters were doing with this spot!" She pulled Az along and came to a hall way. Down the hall way was another mob and she quickly pulled Az around the corner. 

"I don't think it saw us." She whispered and tried to get a peek at it.

She smiled and shook her head. Meokka was enthusiastic, and it was actually really very cute. The girl dragged her toward a very pretty sparkling tunnel and Anna couldn’t help but to admire it. “It is rather lovely,†she said. Down at the end of the tunnel there was some movement, another Bronzite. It didn’t seem to notice them and turned down another way.

“That’s a shame,†she sighed. “We could go after it, but there’s no telling how many we’ll find down there. I’d hate for it to be a trap. Should we chance it?

Azazel:  23/25 

Guest Meokka

"I want that job, but not if we're at risk. Do you think we could trick it somehow?" She whispered

She knelt down so her shadow wouldn't cast so far and readied her spear. She looked to Az.

"I'll take your orders, you've been doing this longer than me Az-sempai." (I will laugh if az is younger XD)

She peered around the stone wall. She could still make out the bronzite's outline, but Az was right, what if they went over there and got trapped with a bunch of the monsters. She chewed the inside of her cheek in worry. She wasn't willing to risk her new friend. She'd come so far too.

She heard the saying no risk no glory. Though the risk was too high for her liking.

Zaz tried to call Meokka back from peeking around the corner, but the girl was already on it. She whispered to Anna and she had an idea. “Move back, I’m going to get it to come to us.†The space they were in now was a bit tight so even if more than one Bronzite were to come they could fight the monsters one by one; she just wasn’t sure how many they could take on a row. If she played this right, it would all work out.

Once she was sure Meokka was far enough back, Anna picked up a rock and took aim. She was going to get that damn monster’s attention one way or another. She chucked the rock at the thing…

BD: 10 (+2 crit…with a rock! I’d say damn I’m good, but that was just dumb luck right there)

MD: 7

The rock connected and it was rather a good shot!

The rock actually cracked against the thing causing it to roar and turn about. There didn’t seem to be any other roars, so the Bronzite was alone! Anna grinned as it spotted her and she dashed down the corridor back toward Meokka.

“Get ready!†Anna said.

Suddenly, something had hit Anna from behind; it was the damned Bronzite. She went tumbling and rolled toward Meokka. The Bronzite was more than mad, and he was pretty fast. She got up onto her feet and wiped the dirt from her face, still grinning like a fool.

“Come on then!†She taunted the beast and readied her rapier. “Let’s see what you’ve got!â€

Looking over at Meokka she smiled, “Let’s show him we mean business.â€

Azazel:  22/23 

Bronzite:  10/13

(Also, Anna is 32)

Guest Meokka

15625 BD 3

She nodded to Az. 

"That was amazing. NIce shot."

She ran at the bronzite but it quickly dug into the ground avoiding the attack. She looked at the ground that seemed to go up a bit and followed where the monster was heading.

"Heads up Az, it's heading your way!" She warned.

She quickly turned and ran towards the bronzite getting ready for her iminate turn. This time she'd be closer, maybe she'd have better luck! 

Azazel:  22/23 (hate 2 because of amazing crit!)

Bronzite:  10/13

The Bronzite was more than a little pissed. That’s because Azazel was making a darn fool of it. The beast bypassed Meokka easily and headed straight for Azazel.

â€œThat’s right…come to momma!†she taunted the beast.

The pair charged at each other and Zaz once again landed a rather clean shot upon the creature. Her rapier sliced the thing neatly. The Bronzite tried to swing at her again, but she contorted herself away from its rock hard fists and slid out of reach.

“You’re going to have to do better than that if you want to get me again.â€

BD: 9 (+1 Crit +1 WS DMG)

MD: 3

Azazel:  22/23 

Bronzite:  7/13