Draterion walked out of the Town of Beginnings with a frown on his face as he usually did now-a-days. But what did he know, a non-respected little twerp.  Maybe it was time he died. Draterion walked towards a tree far away from the city and slowly notched off his armor and picked up his sword, aiming it at his heart. He stood there a few seconds trying to do it, but he couldn't die. He didn't exactly want to die, he just needed to. No one cared about him in this world, and if it was that was what that would bring Drat to, then thats what he would do. But he just couldn't. Draterion threw himself down by the tree as he turned to look down into the sun.

The sun was bright. Maybe even too bright. But Draterion tried to sit there without getting too upset. Draterion had a lot of questions; about the real world and this world. Draterion was tired of knowing this world was missing something, and he could not live without it, nr could Draterion bring it upon these worlds. it was just something Draterion and the worlds were lacking...... Draterion picked up his dragon armor and put it back on, then sat again. Draterion remembered the time when he was budies with Kiru, Crozeph, and that guild as well as he remembered Skylar and Sundance. 

But most of all Draterion remembered the Crimson Inquisition. what happened to that guild was not right, even if Argumail should have or should not have died, the guild was something of importance. But now........ A while back a women named Akuma told Draterion she was gonna die one day, probably soon. Draterion almost started crying, but he kept it in. That was after Argumail was dead.........But now, Draterion did not know what had happened with the guild. Maybe he could restore it with Akuma's help. But was Akuma still alive? Draterion feared the worst on that.

And what about the times-ah, lets not worry about those. Now Draterion was trapped on thinking about the Crimson Inquisition, and that brought him to think about Mari, which brought back the time he had tried to talk to her about Argumail's death, but Draterion must have been too arrogant at the time because the time did not exactly go well. Draterion also knew that he wanted to see her again. Last time he had seen her was to watch her finish off and kill old white-haired Echo, who had bad intentions at the time. But did Echo deserve death?

Draterion sat through all of this as he actually began to cry, realizing he wanted to visit Mari. So he decided he would PM over Kiru, and Crozeph. maybe they would come, maybe they wouldn't. But Draterion needed to get out of killing himself. A thirteen year old did not need these thoughts. Draterion slid his sword into it's big sheath as he sent out the PM.

Edited by Mari
metagaming - Draterion does not have Mari's contact details

Rusty materialized his rapier as he strolled through the first floor's town. It was considerably quiet, something he cherished as it kept him sane throughout his days. Aincrad had indeed become a bit more quieter and he started seeing less and less of others players that it became strangely haunting. People were dying left and right and there was barely anybody around to talk to or fight monsters with. Maybe people were getting reckless or this was a common occurrence that he just never noticed. It was odd. Rusty disliked when people interrupted him on his alone time but now he was looking for people to talk to. He had grown accustomed to being in other people's company. It was something to look for, interacting with others, but now it became rarer. What worried him even more was how everyone would manage to beat the game. The only floors that have been unlocked were floors 1-10, so they were only 10% done with SAO. Rusty pondered the thought of becoming a frontliner. He could certainly become stronger if he tried and could possibly attempt to do this. Eh.. He could do it another day.

Instead of deciding to continue on with going around Starter City, as the Town of Beginnings was called, he left the safe zone and continued on towards the plains. He wanted to see if he could fight boars to fend off the boredom, but before he could do that, his eyes picked up on something peculiar. He wasn't sure if he was correct or not, but he saw what he assumed to be a young boy, no younger than 15 and most likely in junior highschool, remove his weapon from its holster. There was no one around and at the same time no boars or monsters around either, so it interested him as to why this player would do such a thing. Rusty saw this as a way to fend of his boredom so he started to speedwalk towards the young player. After he was able to get near the kid, Rusty began to question the boy. "So what are you planning to do with that sword? I don't think you are planning to fight a boar, since there are none and there doesn't look like there any players to fight besides me." he asked. 

Zeri was walking around the first floor, playing around with his weapon, 'Chaosbreaker'. He stared at the blood red blade for a long time and thought, "This sword could look a lot more deadlier if it was a dark purple color. Maybe?" Then Zeri thought about trying to make a new friend, which Zeri wasn't quite good at. "There's no harm in trying."

Zeri continued to walk around town in search of someone he could try to befriend. He was very nervous. Zeri didn't know if the person he's trying to befriend was going to like him or not, or would try to attack or kill him. The next thing Zeri knew, he had left the Town of Beginnings. "I need to start paying to my surroundings before I walk into a whole lot of trouble" Then Zeri saw Rusty talking to someone he didn't know, and then Zeri saw this as a chance to try to make a friend. So Zeri sheathed his blade onto his back, took a deep breath and walked over to Rusty and said to him, "Hey there. What you been up to?" Then Zeri looked at the other player and said to him, "Hey there! Nice to meet you, I'm Zeri! Might I ask of your name?"

Draterion looked at the first player to approach him and seemed to think of him as a 'boy'. Draterion laughed a bit in his head. That was the very reason he was here, because he was sick of people's lack of respect. Draterion looked at the player. "How could you be sure I wasn't planning on killing you? I'm level thirty and killing you would be just as easy as killing a boar, at least most players have that kind of thing. Lucky for you though, I'm only here to kill one player and one player only. I am here to place this blade into my chest. I don't think I deserve to live anymore, and I can't live with the feeling of lacking something inside anymore. So that is why I am here and why I have my sword out." Draterion noticed the tears upon his cheeks were still there and he attempted to wipe them away. He shouldn't have told this other player. "See, aren't you glad I'm not here to kill you?" Draterion took his heavy sword, pointed it at his chest, and ----- dropped it. Then he sat down by the tree. "I.....I...... I can't live like this." Draterion noticed another player walk up.

Zeri watched as the player tried to end his life, but couldn't seem to do it. Zeri walked up to him and said, "Don't say that you don't deserve to live. I believe you do deserve to live." Zeri stopped for a moment and looked up to the sky. Then Zeri looked at the player and said, "I see you have a two-handed sword just like I do! Do you mind teaching me a few things in the future?" "I hope things are going alright so far. I really don't want to screw this up cause I really want him to be my friend." Zeri thought to himself as he started to get nervous again. Then Zeri took a deep breath, sat down beside the player, hoping he wouldn't attack him and said to the player. "You wanna talk about it? You don't have to if you don't want you. We can just talk about other stuff instead if you want." "Please let this work." Zeri nervously thought to himself as he waited for the player to answer.

Rusty gave a cold, hard stare at the boy who was in front of him. His eyes almost looked glazed, as Rusty himself was a dead person walking, which wasn't the case. "I think its pretty obvious you weren't planning on killing me since one, I don't know you and two, I wasn't nearby, I just happened to walk towards to you on my search for something. So how about you stop with this "I'm dangerous" crap because I don't get scared or intimidated especially if you don't even have a yellow cursor. I don't think you will kill for the heck of it if you've gotten this far. So yeah, I'm so glad that you aren't going to kill me because that was going through my mind as a walked towards a 14 year old." He protested, a bit pissed at this stupid act that was being played by the player. It seemed it was going to be a rough day when a player he knew was Zeri joined up with the small group. "Hey.." he greeted.

(OOC: By the way, you can't double post like that and you can't one line either with information that doesn't add to the roleplay. PM people next time before doing that)

Draterion actually laughed. "Your so insolent if you haven't realized, age doesn't change anything in this game besides wisdom! So maybe you should be a little more scared of  me! Instead of treating me like everyone else does, a young  freaking bastard! And what, with all the work it took me to get to level thirty I'm still being treated like that, even though if I wanted to I could kill you off right now. And if you want to challenge me t o do so, I will. Because I wouldn't mind being an orange player. I could simply just take that redemption quest." Draterion pointed his sword at him. "So stop treating me like a little young bastard, alright? That's kind of partially the reason I plan on leaving this world............." Draterion calmed down and sat by the tree, turning to the other player. "Ummmm...... Sure." Draterion closed his eyes as he lied back on the tree, trying to relax.

(ask for Mari to join and you shall receive)

Mari hated people, she hated crowds - yet like a vibrant flame amidst the darkness that is SAO - she found herself surrounded by players. She had been laying low lately, and after around 3 weeks - she emerged again, out from the depths of obscurity, and it seems...not a moment too late. She had emerged from the forests of the first floor - she was waiting for a contact whom was bringing her supplies from the town. Upon hearing voices Mari assumed it was them.

Boy was she wrong.

Mari, after weeks of self reflection was a woman of few words. She didn't need to announce her presence. She leaned on the tree that Draterion was leaning against, crossing her arms over her chest as she heard him threaten other players around him. Still acting cocky, like a big shot. Calling others insolent, when in reality, he was just a childish hypocrite. Rather than saying anything to him she simply equipped her dagger. Twirling it around in one hand, the other - knocked on Draterions head, as though it were a door. Not once, not twice, but thrice. 

(OOC: This should be good)

"Hey Rusty! How about you stop with you bs. Don't assume that he doesn't have a yellow cursor, doesn't me he won't kill you in a second and I wouldn't blame him. Actually if he does fight you, I probably would've turn the other way and pretend I didn't see a thing." After Zeri go finished "talking" with Rusty, he turned to the other player and said, "You said something about wisdom right? Wouldn't wisdom tell you to ignore people like him?"

Then Zeri pointed the player's sword down and said, "I don't think fighting him will change anything." Then Zeri saw someone knocking on the playe's head. He looked up and saw that it was Mari. Zeri, who was very shocked, jumped up and said to her, "M-Mari! It's been a while since I last saw you. Glad to see you're stll alive."

"You know if he was the type of guy to kill somebody just because they piss him off, why doesn't he have a yellow cursor. I can't be the first person who's made him mad and he even said that the reason he's killing himself is the lack of respect. Also, the fact that you said you would turn an eye says a lot about who you are. I am in your guild and I'm pretty sure guildmates stick together so honestly I could PM everyone in the guild and write about how you would go blind to my death." Rusty remarked, then turning to the male player, somebody who's name he still didn't know. "Also about the wisdom thing you were talking about, if you are 13 or 14 like you said you are then you shouldn't be talking about that kind of stuff. I bet somebody who has had time to fully develop, which includes me would not kill themselves over somebody treating them like they are little kid which in reality is what you really are." He finished speaking before turning to look at the newcomer in this group, somebody who hadn't seen in a while.

Hyun made his way out the front gates of the starting city and began to explore the outer regions. It didn't take him long before he came across a group of players quarrelling about some nonsense. He told himself it was probably a good idea to keep going, but something else told him to keep going, to head towards them. It was his thirst for knowledge, his curiosity once again grabbing hold of him. He skulked about for awhile, not exactly 100% on how to approach the group but he eventually just decided to watch from a distance for awhile. A strange colour stood out from the rest of the group not a few moments late, a vibrant pink who seemed to impose her presence on the others quite well, though she was welcomed. Hyun rubbed his jawline and began to walk towards the group. He more or less had the idea of where the conversation was going and a solid idea of who these characters would turn out to be. A 14 year old craving attention, a 'tough guy' who seemed to be emotionally driven and a another teen a bit younger than him who was rather straightforward with his responses. Though it was the pink haired player which still eluded him, his perception couldn't exactly tell what her story was but he could pick up a strange aura of emotional turmoil dwelling within. Keeping in mind he could be attacked at any moment he chose his words carefully "What does it accomplish to impose the will of one unto another in an apposing fashion to which was requested. Granted a child he seems, a person he still is. I'm sure you can agree that helping another does not require criticism. Even if you are a guild mate. Call me old fashioned but i view life as precious." 

Draterion opened his eyes to see a face he had actually expected to see when he came out here. It was kind of weird and awkward though, the way Mari had knocked on his head. Then Draterion noticed another player appear. Draterion's little scene(which he wanted to be just between Kiru, Mari, Crozeph, and him) had become the biggest part of the most widely popular movie across the world. Okay maybe not that, but it had gotten bigger than he had expected. Draterion sheathed his sword after the player that had arrived here second pointed it down away from the other player that was agitating him. Draterion looked at Mari, and had noticed she had waled in as soon as he had been calling the player insolent, which would make Mari not want to talk to Draterion more.

What was I thinking? Right as Mari came in. Of course it had to be. But Draterion wanted to change his first impression he had had with Mari. "Hey Mari! Glad to see you came....... Just wanted to talk to you about some things.... And apologize to everyone, but I wanted to say sorry to you first Mari. I know and have heard if what you have been through, and wanted to see.... If you know..... We could maybe be..... be...... what's that word?..... friends." Draterion looked to see all the other players and tried to smile and be friendly for once. "And you sir," Draterion pointed at Rusty, "I want to say sorry for what I just did. Mari arriving helped me see that. I should not  have flipped out on you, so sorry."

Mari tilted her head to the side as Zeri spoke. It seemed as though he knew her. The young woman's brows furrowed with mild confusion. she simply could not place the white haired man. "Do....I know you?" Mari asked, finally breaking the silence that had its thrall on her. Her voice held the same callous carelessness it always did. She may not choose to say a lot of words, and she may have had a lot to think about during her absence, but it didn't make her a nice person - nor did it make her any less blunt. Old habbits die hard. Mari shrugged, biting her tongue. Sure she could say that the kid wasn't important enough to remember, but there was no need. It was a waste of breath.

Rusty. Now Rusty she did have some mild recollection of - he seemed to be quite young, perhaps he was just entering high school? Still. Mari couldn't help but smirk at his words aimed at Draterion. "Boy's right Draterion." Mari muttered, as she leaned down, placing a finger in the middle of his forehead. "You're being a little sh*t again. Don't complain that people treat you that way, when you act that way." 

Mari paused, listening to his words. "Came?" She asked curiously, "I didn't come for anyone. I wasn't called, and if I was called by you I sure as hell would not have come. We aren't friends. We aren't comrades, we aren't even associates. I see you as a loud mouthed eyesore. Nothing more."

She straightened herself, placing her dagger back into her inventory. Her cold blue eyes landed on a newcomer. "Naive..." She muttered under her breath. That's what the youth was. Life a precious commodity? How idealistic. Mari turned her back toward the group, it seemed as though things had settled down. No longer were emotions high - and no longer did it seem anyone would be attacked. She wasn't needed here.

Zeri looked at Mari and said, "We met each other on Jacob's birthday. You had gave him some chocolate cake and told him you was going away for a while. Does that ring any bells to you?"

Then Zeri turned his attention to Rusty, gave him a cold stare, and said to him, "Being in the same guild doesn't mean I have to care. Besides, you caused it on yourself anyway."

Then Zeri looked at the new player who approached them, but then ignored him. Zeri had now turned his attention to Mair, who seems she was getting ready to leave, and said, "Why don't you stay. I would enjoy your company if you don't mind. I was hoping we could talk for a bit."

• 2 months later...

Drat looked around and just stood there, doing nothing, being a complete fool like he always was. Draterion had no way out of this whatsoever, so what was he too do? "Just...........I want to repay my debt to this world. I want to appoligize to it for how much of a censored I've been. But I wanted you to know before I did that. The person who thought I was more stupid than any of the other folks in the world of Aincrad. And I really have been oblivious to this the whole time. There is no way out of Aincrad. Were just gonna rot our bodies out with that stupid pathetic Nervegear on."

"At first, this stupid game was a wonder for me. I enjoyed every bit of it. But now, this game has become like the devil, who started as an angel. So enjoy your........en-enjoy y-your li-life here, Mar-Mari" Draterion's eyes started to water, like the kid he always was. Draterion always dreamed he would live a long and glorious life of programming and such, but apparently that was not happening.