[SP-F1] The Way of the Warrior (Completed)

Ssendom spent his time wandering around the Fields of the Beginning, awaiting any boar to spawn in his vicinity. "It's always a nuisance having to be patient for things to come... Gives time to think on how to run fight in this new world." He pulls out his Basic Claymore from the sheath on his back. "This'll only be good against Boars and low end monsters, I really should look into upgrading this weapon as soon as possible." He sighs as he holds it to his side.

Just as he was about to sit down, the bright shining blue light of the Monster Spawner glowed. From the Aftermath of the light stepped forward a Boar. Eager to ram it's head into the first player in his field of vision, it perceives it's target and begins to rush at Ssendom.

ID: 15344

BD: 3 (Miss)

MD: 9 (Crit +1)

As Ssendom tries to take advantage of the boars blind rushing attack, he puts his blade on the ground facing away from him and swings the blade in an upward arc. Expecting a hit he didn't pay close attention to the boar's slick movement. The boar chose to arc his charge, narrowly dodging the sword and slamming into the side of Ssendom.

"Son of a..." He shouts as he gets nailed backwards on onto the ground. Shortly after being nailed he stands up and readies his blade, "This game can be quite unforgiving if you don't like to pay attention to detail. This time I'll connect with the attack." He whispers to himself as he readies his focus upon the boar. He angles his blade in a forward jab, and begins a charge of his own. As noticing this the boar begins his charge aswell.

Boar: [///] Hate: (Ssendom) []

Ssendom[///////]

ID: 15346

BD: 8 (Hit)

MD: 8 (Hit)

Ssendom runs the blade across the top of the Boar, Slicing down it's top side as he gets rammed in the stomach. Ssendom spins as the hit connects to avoid further pain and and continues his momentum into a roll gaining some distance between the two. He begins to chuckle, "I am beginning to like this." He chuckles in a very crazed and focused demeanor, staring at the Boar with a glare. Ssendom stands up and readies his blade again, "I must either be really bad or have some terrible luck not to be able to dodge this freaking boar."

The boar shakes off the pain of the cut at the end of it's charge, and looks around frantically for the Player. After regaining vision of Ssendom it begins to rush wildly again, without caution or reason.

"I knew you would just rush blindly again." Ssendom sighs while saying.

Boar: [///] Hate: (Ssendom) [/]

Ssendom[///////]

ID: 15347

BD: 9 (Crit +1)

MD 2 (Miss)

LD: 6 (Nothing)

Ssendom begins to stare at the Boar with an even more menacing look. As the Boar just about leaps towards Ssendom to secure ramming him in the gut once again, Ssendom slams his foot in the boars face discontinuing it's advance and placing it into the ground "How about you, DIE BEAST!" He yells in a bloodcurdling voice.

Ssendom flips his blade from the upwards point to facing down directly at the skull of the boar, then proceeds to run the blade through the brain of the boar. The boar does a death squeel and pops into a bunch of light fragments and a message sign appears in its place "Victory"

"Heh, that was more exhilarating than I was expecting. I need to do that some more." he exclaims with chuckling. Ssendom sits down and drinks some water to replenish some lost hp over the course or a short rest.

Consumed: 1 Water

Boar: [///]

Ssendom[///////]

After sitting for a few minutes drinking water, Ssendom stands up and stares at the sky. "I never thought it would be this beautiful in Aincrad" he gabs with an awed look. He places his Claymore after a few seconds shrugs, and continues his pace toward the forest where wolves are known to spawn about. "I should probably practice more fighting, maybe a few more boars... Possibly a Few wolves before I pack up for the night and sleep in the Horunka Village." he states, although he knows noone is listening.

While walking down the river side, Ssendom gets a great deal of peace that overcomes him. "It's still so beautiful, it's hard to believe that this is actually a death game. It feels so peaceful at times." he sighs, he readies his weapon and begins charging forward while exclaiming, "Time to get back to work!"

Before Ssendom arrives in the forest, a pair of boars spawn both in the position that are prepared to charge. "Awh crap... That isn't good. A single boar, no problem. I thought monsters were only suppose to spawn in accordance to how many people are there." He readies his blade for the first boar that begins it's charge.

ID: 15360

BD: 5 (Miss)

MD 5 (Miss)

Ssendom dodges the boars strikes, during the dodge he sweeps his blade down but nicks the ground and completely misses the Boar. "Well I am getting better at dodging their attack patterns. Nothing I shouldn't be too surprised about." he mutters under his breath while setting his stance for the other boar charging forth.

Boar: [///]

Ssendom[///////]

ID: 15362

BD: 2 (Miss)

MD 7 (Hit)

As Ssendom sets his position and readies his blade, he realizes that he is too late in his set up and takes a boar charge into his right knee, flipping himself over the boar, Ssendom in a moment of surprise he flails his claymore wildly and misses the boar completely. Ssendom uses his momentum to roll himsellf back onto his feet and begins to ready his blade again. "These freakin' boars are starting to annoy me with their bumrush crap." he prepares for the boars to begin their rush again.

The first boar to charge begins it's assault again, ready to ram Ssendom with a certain strike this time. "I know I can hit it this time... I just gotta stay calm."

Ssendom[///////]

ID: 15363

BD: 6 (Hit)

MD 9 (Hit +1)

As the boar crashes into Ssendom, he leads with an upward sweep connecting with the boar. Ssendom stumbles backwards, as he hits the ground he keens his attention to the boar that was the first to charge. 'It would be a lot smarter to follow that boar at the end of his charge and keep away from the other boar, that should limit the exposure of damage I take.' He thinks.

Ssendom gets up quickly and charges the other boar who continues to finish his rush. And prepares to attack that boar while it isn't paying attention. "Going to take you down boar!" He yells while charging.

Ssendom[///////]

ID: 15364

BD: 7 (Hit)

MD 6 (Hit)

The second boar begins to charge at Ssendom, But not before he reaches the first boar and strikes it's back with an overhead slam of his sword, inturn the boar kicks back with it's hind legs and nails Ssendom right in the knee. "Damn, these boars are making sure they take me down with them." He exclaims from the strike.

Knowing the second boar is coming, Ssendom starts rushing out of the path of the second boar trying to keep the attention of the first boar. "After this, I am definitely staying at Horunka village." Ssendom breaths, then begins to swing his blade to the front side of himself, "I'll take out this boar regardless of anything."

Ssendom[///////]

ID: 15389

BD: 5 (Miss)

MD 8 (Hit)

Ssendom keeps strafing the boar, keeping the 2nd one out of distance to ever be able to attack. He takes his eye off the first boar for a slight moment, and gets nicked in the shin by the boar. Ssendom starts to feel the panic set in as he realizes his health is coming close to 0. He refocuses his mind back onto the boar and does a big swing but grazing over the boar without touching him. 'Damnit! I can't lose my cool here. I will not die. Not before I've seen more of this world." He begins to panic. Sliding to a halt forcing the boar to end it's run aswell. Knowing the second boar is still charging headlong he keens his focus and starts charging blade aimed forward.

Ssendom begins to have flashbacks of his time on the real world, his anger begins to build while thinking about it and begins yelling out loud in anger "I don't need father, I don't need mother, I NEED NOONE!"

Ssendom[///////]

ID: 15390

BD: 10 (Hit+2)

MD: 1

Feeling the pressure of the second boar on his heels, Ssendom slides before attacking the weakened boar he spins turning his anger towards the boar charging on his backside. "WHY DON'T YOU BOARS, GO... TO..." Yelling as he baseball swings his Claymore. The blade strikes into the boar with bone shaking strength, immediately obliterating the boar into a mass amount of light blue glowing shards. "HELL!!!" He finishes his shouting.

A massive screen appears in front of Ssendom forcing to pause and take a sigh of relief as he reads "Congratulations: Level 3." He looks up at his HP bar, seeing as it's replenished and he notices the number on his hp bar slightly increases. 

Ssendom slow turns his gaze to the other boar, "Now that one is gone. Time to deal with you." He places his claymore blade on his shoulder and turns to the boar, waiting for it to take the first move.

Ssendom[/////////]

(EDIT: In case you're wondering about the level up. I leveled up via posts when I got notched down to 4 hp. So I decided to inference into the story instead of going directly to level 3 by posts... And on this post I leveled up to level 4, but will inference that into the story later.)

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 15601
LD: 20

Ssendom and turns his head back at the spot where the boar had perished and noticed a new sign pop up. "Congratulations: Unique Item Obtained!"

Ssendom begins to smirk as he reads the name, "Boar-Spine Claymore" then nods for a moment, he presses the blue circle and begins reading the description of the sword. "Ferociously ripped out from the corpse of the boar, the air stiffening the spine itself; hardening the spine into a thick and strong sword, the spikes on the vertebra give the blade a strong ripping stikes."

"This should be good." Ssendom cunningly said to himself turning his gaze to the boar. He then begins to quickly sift through his HUD reaching to the weapon as fast as possible, noticing that the boar swipes his rear foot against the ground backwards ready to charge and attack head-on against Ssendom. After equipping his new weapon, he leans the weapon upon his right shoulder, held by his right hand, at the ready to slam down his sword against the Boar when the opportunity strikes.

ID: 16280

BD: 6 (Hit)

LD: 18 (Good Item)

The boar squeals in an angry tone and charges forth, putting all it's might and force into a collision with Ssendom's Chest. As it begins to reach him, it leaps into the air with an assured location to land it's attack. Just as it's head is about to connect with Ssendom, he opens his eyes wide then shouts "THERE!" bringing with both his hands on his new blade down with destructive force against the boar obliterating it into a bunch of small fragments.

From the corpse location of the boar another item obtained sign appears. "Item Obtained" Ssendom presses the blue circle to read the new item he obtained. "Boar Hide" he reads, he thinks nothing of it and breaths a sigh of relief, he begins to walking back toward and into the forest. He keeps his eyes on a constant vigilance, watching for the spawning of any beasts or anything worse at that matter. He wanders himself toward a cave of some sort. He sits down on a rock and simply enjoys the sound of the wind rustling the trees. He opens his HUD and gets to the Boar Hide in his inventory and equips it to his person.

"Who would have thought that two boars would have been such a hassle to deal with... But that was a big pain in my a**. I should work on my accuracy before I get into crazier situations on higher floors up." He mutters to himself. He looks towards the cave and takes a deep breath "This is as good a time as any to get more combat practice, the life of a warrior never takes the time to sit on his laurels and relax." He barks at himself as he jumps up and walks into the cave ready to fight the next foe he comes across.

Boar: [///] Dead

Boar: [///] Dead

Ssendom[/////////]

As Ssendom descends into the cave, he puts his hand on the wall gliding it across to feel the how the realistic the wall feels. "It's feels just like an actual cave in the real world, the sense of touch... smell... everything is so unimaginably realistic, it's beyond remarkable." Ssendoms rambles in awe, even though he know's noone is listening to him. He looks down the path and sees holes in the ceiling of the cave, shedding light throughout the cave. "Well, atleast I won't need Night Vision or anything to see... But still, I should be at the ready at a moments notice." He adjusts his grip on his new weapon with an assured look on his face. And begins to trudge down the corridor looking for anything that could jump out at him.

He walks through, looking at the walls as other players had carved signs of distress, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" "I just want to go home." "I'm scared please someone save me." He walked and read every single sign the next being more depressing than the last. Ssendom took a deep breath and affixed his eyes forward, he walked without looking at the walls as the words were beginning to get to him the fear of doubt was trickling up his spine and into his head.

Words began creeping into his head of utter doubt, he closed his eyes, gritted his teeth, then punched the wall as hard as he could. The voices began to stop after he had punched the wall, 'This was more than I was expecting.' He thought to himself, 'I can't let this get to me, I have to survive this death game... I need to get strong and make it to the front line, I heard a group was going to fight the tenth floor boss. I need to prepare and make it to the fight with the 20th floor boss.' He began to feel more determined, he opened his eyes and glared forward. "I will make it to the Front Lines!" She shouted and began charging through the cave awaiting another beast to spawn.

ID:16455

BD: 7 (Hit) [1 DMG + (2DMG +1 Bleed)]

MD: 5 (Miss)

LD: 14 (20 Col)

Ssendom walked forth further into the Cave which was still illuminated by the holes in the ceiling of the cave, he paused for a moment as a wolf spawned in and growled at Ssendom. He looked at the health bar at the wolf. A plain cave wolf four hp, he turned his gaze upon the sword resting upon his right shoulder then affixed it back upon the wolf. "Well this should be no hassle at all, this sword is much stronger." The wolf began it's charge growling the entire way. As it reached close to Ssendom it bared it fangs at him and lunged. Ssendom gripped his sword firmly and swung mightily screeching as it scraped across the cavern walls, the force of the swing knocked the wolf back causing it's bite to miss, the hemorrhaging began and almost immediately did the wolf perish and explode into a mass of blue particles.

A massive sign appears infront of Ssendom, "Congratulations: Level 4" Ssendom grins at the sight of it

"Man... this sword is doing more damage than I thought it would. This could get rather interesting." He focus's down the corridor, "There has to be a bigger wolf... And with good treasure to boot. I gotta go maim this creature... Well... If it's there." His grin persists as he begins his charge down the corridor with strong faith in his blade.

Ssendom rushes blindly down the cave until he reaches a fork in the cave; One path being more illuminated due to holes in the ceiling, the other going downwards into a darker area. He puts a finger across is mouth as if he were pondering which direction he should take. 'On one hand, I should have some relative ease with the monsters down the corridor to the left since it's so bright. But if I descend into a darker area, there are bound to be stronger monsters to fight.' He thinks to himself.

He begins to shake his head after a brief moment, "What am I thinking to myself for? Weaker monster? Pshh... I gotta go for the bigger game." He confidently shouts at himself, and begins walking down the right path which leads down into a darker area of the cave (-1 to acc). "Man... I didn't think it'd get this dark down here, well... no sense crying over it now." he bellowed with the idea that is voice would increase the chance of spawning. He looked left and right with a very vague ability to see around himself, as he walked forward he felt the ground begin to get rather wet. "And there had to be a large source of water down here." he stated as he attempted to put another foot into the water with the realization that there is no floor. "Well I can't continue that way." He turned around and begun to see the shining blue light of a monster spawning, "Jackpot."

ID: 16604

BD: 6-1 = 5 (Miss)

MD: 4 = (Miss)

Ssendom squinted to get a good view of the creature that spawned, he looked up towards it's HP bar and read 'Large Cave Wolf 8 HP' he takes a slight step back and readies his weapon. He tries as hard as he can to keep his eye on the wolf. He sees the wolf begin running up to him, he brings his sword up and slashes across it's body. Just before the weapon connects with the wolf it sidestepped out of the way, and lunged for Ssendom's Right leg. Ssendom notices the wolf's movement and he swings his leg out of the way. And readies himself to bring down his blade a second time, just as he gets his position set he realized he lost track of the wolf and begins looking left and right trying to recapture the wolf in his vision.

Large Cave Wolf 8/8

Ssendom 11/11

ID: 16605

BD: 8-1 = 7 (Hit) (3 DMG)

MD: 8 (Hit) (2 DMG)

After a moment Ssendom realized since it's a dark place and visibility was poor he closed his eyes and listened for the wolfs paws smacking on the ground, after just a brief second he figured out where the wolf was after feeling teeth sink into his leg. "You little SH**." He then raised his sword with one hand and slammed the blade tip into the wolf's side cause the wolf to whimper in pain immediately. "That'll teach you to go for the legs you idiotic pup." He exclaims in a very anger and vicious tone. He starts walking towards the wolf with the blade scratching across the ground as it is being dragged. When he reaches the wolf face to face he swings the sword onto his shoulder and glares at the wolf with a look of pure hatred, the wolf whimpers again and steps back in fear almost."You will die here Wolf."

Large Cave Wolf: 5/8 HP [1/1 (1 DMG Bleed)]

Ssendom: 9/11 HP

ID: 16773

BD: 2-1= 1 (Critical Miss)

MD: 7 (Hit) (2 DMG)

Ssendom approaches the wolf wincing on the floor in pain, "Might aswell put you out of your misery" He brings his sword high above his head and just as he is about to drop the Blade on the seeming unsuspecting wolf, it turns it's head and makes a quick strike with his teeth at Ssendom's face and a scar gets gashed over his right eye causing him to fly back and hold his right eye. "YOU LITTLE SH**THEAD!" He shouts in an incredibly angry tone. The wolf's strike causing him to drop his blade as he flew back to the ground. He gets up quickly and seeing his blade pierced into the ground he grabs it and readies a defensive position from the dog. Ssendom kept his right eye closed as the visual particles persistently stay over it, he lowers his center of gravity preparing for the dog to make another quick strike at him. The glowing eyes of the wolf gaze in a spine-chilling aura as Ssendom stares back with eyes that wreak of a blood-thirsty intent. The both of them grind their feet backwards a bit and both begin a rush at each other.

Large Cave Wolf: 4/8 HP

Ssendom 7/11 HP

ID: 16775

BD: 7-1 = 6 (Hit)

MD 9 (Critical Hit)

LD: 18 (20 Col)

As Ssendom charges forward he steadies the large blade in his right hand with his left hand incredibly extended forward to aim the drive of the blade. Just as Ssendom is to bring his blade forward with full might, the wolf lunges forward in a hasty fashion cleanly bitting off Ssendoms left arm just past the elbow clean off. As his arm is getting crunched off, he focus's his mind away from the pain and drives the blade deep into the front left side of the wolf all the way through the back right side of the wolf. He swings the massive blade with all his might throwing the wolf across the cavern right to the entrance and landing on his back. Ssendom walks up with his one missing arm and places the blade across his shoulders behind his head, he places his foot on the chest of the wolf then places his right hand infront of him and attempts to replicate the same with the missing left hand, "Goodbye young beast, may the god of the hunt lead you to your next pray. And may he give me the strength to prevail and continue through endless hunt." he chants, then bows his head as the beast explodes into many small blue fragments.