[OP-F1] What a wonderful world~

It was just another day at the office for Hyun, or was it? Shamefully so he would probably never live to see a pile of paperwork in his life again, though that was what he had been wishing for? Was it not? It seemed this game was a wish come true, yet a curse, a punishment. It didn't make sense for karma to bite him in such a way, but if the future was to pan out the way he hoped, perhaps it was a necessary step, a test rather. What if he were to ever return to the world of the awake, to see the sun, the sky, the birds, the trees.. they were in front of him now. Were they not? But no rose smelt as sweet, no sun as warm.. no world to conquer. He got what he wanted? Was it not? That same question rung in his head. The answers remained true, the roses did smell as sweet, the sun did radiate a true warmth, the birds did chirp a true song. It was a nature of life, a nature of opportunity. It was a nature which he could get used to, it was a world he could conquer. Or so he would think, or so, he would think. He fiddled with the bread which all players started with. Such a useless item, offered nothing to him but a stale taste which reminded him of failure. 

The starting city was vibrant and hailed a new beggining for him as he affirmed with himself not to long ago. There were players all around him, just as frantic as he, others seemed a much higher level than he and well those were the players he would keep an eye on. He had a long list of things to do, and a lot of work to get done if he was to excel in such a world as this. He wondered how the economy worked, how the combat worked, he was just curious, knowledge was strength and wisdom was power and he intended to learn. However everything was to come in time, everything had it's place, he just had to be patient for now indeed, he had to be patient like every good businessmen. It didn't take him long at all before he found himself exploring the outer regions of the floor, and it was just as beautiful as the inside. "I was not expecting this.."

Mari sat atop a large boulder; on the outskirts of the starting city. Wild boars grazed lazily in the distance behind her. The sun, high above her head signalled that it was noon. She had one leg up against her chest, the other dangled freely, her bare toes barely grazing the soft grass. Her black, thigh high boots were nestled in the ground just before her. The pink haired Pker sighed, as she felt her stomach grumble. 

She was low on food.

The player she sent into the starter village to procure food for her had not yet returned. No doubt he decided to play it safe. Mari placed her hand into her fringe. Brushing it out of her face. It was a shame. Although, it was to be expected. She was notorious, and not in a good way. To strike fear into a players heart, just by the mere mention of her name...Mari wasn't sure how she felt about that. It was more frustrating than anything else.

Still, this was the path thrust upon her, and it was the path she would walk - at least for now. Mari was not interested in redemption or repetence. Right now, the only thing she was interested in was a decent, hot meal to fill her belly with. Mari shifted her gaze to the sky. "One of those days.." She muttered dryly. There was little to no point in waiting here much longer.  

Hyun travelled further through the landscape of the 1st floor, he was enjoying himself more than he expected himself to. Crushing opposing businesses was one thing but to relax and take in the beauty of nature was another entirely. He took a look at his map and figured that if he could get atop of a hill he would be able to get a clear view of the entire floor and capture it in it's full glory. It was something he normally liked to do when he was to make his mark on a new state. He had done it before by standing atop skyscrapers and getting a clear view of the whole city, he couldn't explain why or what exactly it was that caused him to desire such a thing but all he knew was that it drove him to push forward, a motivation of some sort. He continued up the path until he was close the edge, he spotted something past the bushes, a pink haired player of the sorts. It was very unexpected to see such a person all the way up here, whats more was that she had an orange cursor, he figured it was definitely a bad sign but his curiosity got the better of him. He sat down next to her and took in the landscape, not saying a word. 

The woman had it. She was just about to leave, but stopped when she realized there was the presence of another nearby. "Mmm?"

Mari's eyes lowered to come almost face to face with another player. his emerald green eyes staring curiously at her. He had messy black hair - and wore very basic garb. It seemed as though he had barely stepped foot out of the starting town, and yet here he was. And, as fate would have it - the first person he were to encounter just so happened to be Mari. Oh how unlucky this man was. Their gaze locked for mere seconds before he shifted, choosing to sit next to her in silence. Mari wasn't sure if he was brave, an idiot or just plain ignorant.

He seemed somewhat familiar. Mari stared silently at the man, her brow quirking only slightly as she realized where she knew him from. She met him the other day - during her encounter with Draterion. The man seemed to have an even head on his shoulders back then, but Mari didn't care to stick around long enough to know any more about him. There was only so much of Draterion she could handle.

"Why not make yourself useful." Mari said, turning her head slightly toward his direction. "I can't enter towns, and am hungry. If I give ya a list of things, and you get them I'll give you a small bonus." 

Hyun checked the time, it was still bright and early, the woman next to him began to speak but he was much too fixated on the clear blue sky in front of him to notice. The fresh air filled his lungs as a gentle breeze rolled past rustling the trees and grass around them, how much he had taken his life for granted sometimes baffled him when he thought about it but then shortly reassured himself. Vengeance was justice. When the woman spoke again he turned his head to match eyes with her, his bright green eyes locking to hers. After an awkward silence he turned back to look over the city. "Life is short, why not enjoy the moment" He gestured towards the view. He spawned out the bread and water which he spawned with and helped himself offering her some as well it wasn't much but it would satisfy. Yes, it was the basic things in life which sometimes could fulfil a man the most. He allowed a faint smile to show as he brushed his windswept hair out of his face. 

The man went on to talk about enjoying the moment. Of course...she should have guessed such a reply. He seemed idealistic and naive, that was the impression she got from him during their last, brief encounter. His words now...only confirmed that theory. Mari gave her head a small shake. It was pointless to argue with his view. As it as just that, his view. 

Instead, Mari gave a slight shrug, bringing up her HUD, almost ignoring hi words. "Lets see... I don't really need any tea...I can make my own out here...." She mumbled to herself, as she slowly went through her inventory. "I'm low on meats...something brined would last a lot longer, ham...ham would be good, and for the love of god, no bread rolls." Her eyes flicked up to Hyun, wondering if he was keeping up with her or not. Without a word they went back to the HUD in front of her. "Shortbread biscuits. Whole chicken....jerky. honestly don't care what kind. Butter...I guess that will do for now. That should come to about 250 Col....bring it back and you get a nice bonus."

Hyun looked up at the woman as she frantically listed all the items she wanted from the city. He wasn't exactly sure why she just assumed he'd go out and do her errands, it was actually amusing considering how long it had been since he received orders from anyone. Of course just another one of those types of people, only paying attention to those around them to use them. "TypicalIn this game however he was at the bottom of the barrel, it was clear to see that he was just a nobody in this game but even nobodies still had power over their lives. "Im guessing I wasn't your first choice to be errand boy" He understood the situation all to well, almost like a de ja vu, then again, he was forced to deal with people constantly at the office. Perhaps he felt that way because the shoe was on the other foot now. He smirked "There isn't much stopping me from staying in the city is there?" Money did often speak but it was not as appealing to him as it should be. "Anyone with half a brain would take the money and run. Why trust me?

Mari barely reacted to his remark as he muttered 'typical' under his breath. Perhaps he was used to such treatment, not that Mari exactly cared. She didn't know who he was, and if he paid attention - the only thing he'd know about her was that her name was Mari, and she was marked as a PKer. It was almost astounding really, that he didn't know who she was - just from rumours and heresay alone. Then again, unlike Zelrius, Mari didn't have a big head - she was not arrogant enough to assume that everyone should know who she was. It just seemed that lately everyone did. Nothing more.

Mari shook her head at his question, "No, you weren't - but beggars can't be choosers."

Mari shifted; spinning he body around to face his.
 "Who said the money was upfront. Ya don't see no trade offers from me do ya. You buy the items with the Col you already have - and I replace it and offer you a small bonus for being my errand boy."  She paused. Giving him a once over, "Although you look a tad old in the face to be a mere boy now eh?" She shrugged, "You say there is nothing keeping you in the city - but if you did take any col and ran, I assure you - you would never leave the starting city. I'd not only place a bounty on you, but personally spend a majority of my free time waitin' for you to make an appearance. I'd have no qualms killing you over a pittance. I've long since given up any form of morality or ethics. Truth is, I don't trust you. Not one bit."

She slid off the rock; "Of course, I could go a more interesting route. You may be taller than me, but I am far stronger than you - I could hold you down, and force truth serum down your throat." Mari grinned as she stepped closer, now leaning over him. Reaching out to brush his dark fringe from his face. "Then simply ask  you if you would run or not. You'd have no choice but to tell me the truth. But that is such a bother.  Don't you agree?"

He wasn't sure if beggar was the best choice of words he wasn't asking for anything, in fact it was the opposite, perhaps that was what she truly meant. She continued to explain 'his situation' to him and he couldn't help but grin. "Well then, It would seem you have misjudged me. For one I have not a single Col to my name. I also care little for it. After all, what does it profit a man to gain the world and forfeit his soul?" He didn't flinch from any of her movements, he was actually amused with it all at this point. He decided staying on the floor wasn't a good idea so he picked himself up and dusted himself off. "Hmm I also don't really have anything to hide, what would you hope to get from me through a truth syrum? If I were to agree with you on one thing you've said this whole time it would be that you don't really trust me" He wasn't really buying her front all to well but it seemed as though his morning was already turning out unexpectedly interesting. "Tell you what, I get these items for you and you tell me a bit about yourself. Of course I don't have the Col to buy them myself. As you can tell I'm still adjusting to the world around me. Sound fair?" 

A slight frown played her lips, as the stranger before her said that he had not a single Col to his name, throwing a quote toward her that she recognized but couldn't quite place. It was a stupid one really. Without Col one could not buy food, or weapons, or anything for that matter. It sounded like something one of those arrogant 'live off the land' hippies would turn around and say, as they denounced all material possessions. Naturally, he couldn't be one of those sorts of people - as he was trapped in the worlds most advanced game and piece of technological advancement to date.

Mari shook her head, "Ah, see - how is that fair  not only must I hand you Col upfront, but I must exchange personal information?" Mari wagged a finger at him. "Tut, tut - that's far more valuable than col." She took a step back, till the back of her legs hit the large boulder - and she sat back down. Crossing both her arms and her legs, "But something tells me you probably know that. Course - I don't buy your existential bullsh*t for one moment." She said, tilting her head to the side - wisps of cotton pink hair falling into her face. "O course - I could have gone along with your deal, and simply not told you anything - so why trust me?" She asked, throwing his own question back at him.

He brushed his hair away from his eyes and turned back for a moment, trying to hide the amused expression on his face. He looked back at her with a grin, she was rather interesting. Yet that orange curser grimly reminded him that this rose had thorns. It was his best interest to survive, though, no businessman comes out of a deal empty handed. He thought about her remark for awhile considering the prospects of their encounters. "Existential bullshit? Huh, well you know what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover. The worth of information is only as valuable as the price you place on it. Though, I'm not here to give you advice, nor do i think you want any." He shrugged and sat back down looking across the city, he may be older than most but he hadn't lost his youth. Years of fighting wore down a man, he didn't have much care in fighting back. "Well I don't want to pry. There isn't much of a point in getting to know someone if it's forced" He sprung back to his feet and waltzed towards her, sitting himself down on the boulder next to her. He opened his player log and began to write down the things she wanted. "All that's left is the col" He eye'd her, wondering if she would go through with it after all the small talk. 

Mari noted that he turned his gaze away from her - but wasn't exaclty curious enough to question why. Nor did she really care enough about this stranger to follow any sort of movements or mannerisms of his. Still, his face tilted back toward hers, donning a small rather amused grin. He commented on how one should not judge a book by its cover, and how information is only as valuable as the price placed on it. She had to admit that he had a point, of course - it was one that she already knew, she simply didn't feel the need to voice as such. She wouldn't retort on the matter, he made the smart observation that Mari didn't look the type to want basic information that was really just common sense.

Curiously, after all that side-stepping and banter, the man offered to go. In so few words. He had written down her requests; and then asked for the Col to be transferred over. Mari debated this, worst case scenario - 250 Col was a pittance, and she'd gain his name from the trade window - it wouldn't be hard to place a hit on him. Of course, doing so would result in a far greater loss than 250 Col, but Mari wasn't going to have people mess with her.

Opening up the trade window, the pink haired PKer offered up 250 Col and ended her side of the trade. "There." It was just a single word, but no further words needed to  be said right now.

The only response she offered was a simple 'There' which didn't really surprise him, but it wasn't like she owed him anything more than that. His hand wavered over the accept button and noticed her name pop up in the trade offer, with a faint smirk he pressed accept. "Well Mari, It was a delight to make your acquaintance. I'll be back in a few hours, unless you'd like to walk with me" He didn't wait for a response, with a swift movement he was on his feet and began to walk off into the forest backtracking down the path he came. He took a look back at the list to make sure he knew what he was buying, it was the work of a lacky but it wasn't work he found detestable. In a way they were still using each other, as a low level player there were still many things he didn't know and players he had yet to meet. Making connections was always important and so he wasn't going to let an easy opportunity for prospects to pass. Who knew, perhaps being friends with a Pker had it's benefits. The tree's towered over his body as he walked through the forest and the time slowly ticked away, he began to hum the tune of a classic song his father used play to him before he was murdered. 

+250 Col

Mari gave the youth a nod; as his named popped up. Hyun it was an odd way to exchange familiarities. No words had to  be spoken. Not when all the information was laid out before you. "Likewise, and I think I'll stay here." Mari said with a bemused tone before emitting a yawn. "I don't do people. People don't do me." She smirked, tilting her head to the side. It was interesting....had he really not heard of her? Mari had threats of bounties on her head - but she supposed they never came to fruition.

"Idle threats, idle minds make such foolish endevours..." Mari muttered to herself as she slid off the boulder again. Stretching her legs out before her with a yawn as she crossed her arms behind her head. Resting them on the boulder. There was nothing else to do but wait. Her blue eyes watched Hyun's figure as he disappeared beyond the horizon. 

How curious.

Mari closed her eyes.

He seemed like he was an older person, it was somewhat refreshing after dealing with bratty teenagers with superiority complexes.

He was now back at the gates of the starting city, they welcomed him with it's lively ambience and fragrance. He walked past various inns and taverns  and entered the market district, the players were lively and conversations battled to fight over each others sound, everyone was competing for prices and items. Hyun took a look around and walked over to one of the stalls, generally it seemed Mari just wanted some meats, biscuits and butter. He made a mental note to be sure to at least get one whole chicken. Some of the players seemed shifty and others seemed completely lost. If there was one thing Hyun knew how to do, it was hustling people for goods. Some of the merchants called him over to take a look, taking his appearance as a newbie for granted.

Hyun waltzed over to one the players selling food, by the looks of it he was a youngin' just trying to get by the sadness and frustration of being trapped in this game. "What do you have here?" The player looked over his items and frantically began listing them to him "Uhh i got some chicken, some sausages, some boar stews, some ham. I also have a bit of the good stuff if you know what i mean" "Good stuff?" Hyun downplayed the mans offers and withheld giving away his intentions. The player looked like he wasn't selling as well as the others. "Yeah, it's a rare food spread which players normally get from quests, it's like a butter but a lot nicer" Hyun rubbed his chin and nodded looking over his stand. "Well ok, I'm thinking of buying some meats, a whole chicken and some ham is good. Say, how much is that spread?" The players eyes lit up and began to enter his best salesman like impression he could pull off "Well normally i sell them for around 100 Col since you have to go out of your way to get such an item. Oh and the meats are about 70 Col a piece" Hyun snorted and waved his hand in front of him, even though he did have enough to pay for it all "Preposterous, you're dreaming" Without a second thought Hyun turned around, expecting the player to call back for him and surely enough he did. "Wait! I can negotiate a price if it's to much!" A sinister smile curled across his face, he composed himself and turned back around "Well?" Hyun kept it short, he wanted to get a feel of how low the player was willing to go. "I can do the spread for 70 and the meats for 50 each" It wasn't as low as Hyun would have liked but it was decent, he thought if he could push him lower. "How does 40 for the meats sound?" He saw a flinch in the players expression, it was nearly fifty percent lower than the original price but he didn't care, he'd suck every col he could. "That's a bit to low.. what about 45?" Hyun considered the deal for a moment but realised he still needed some shortbread and if he could do that for 50 or lower he'd have more than 50 col left over for himself. "40 for the meats or 60 for the spread and 45 for the meats, I have no intention on spending above 150 col" The boy swallowed hard and tried to rebut but Hyun picked up on his body language and began to turn from the player and the player let out a groan "Ok, Ok. I get you, 45 for the meats 60 for the spread" Hyun smiled and turned around â€‹"Good lad, I'll be sure to return to do you more business" The two set up the trade offer; 150 col for a whole chicken, a spread and some ham, and accepted shaking the boys hand before leaving. It didn't take him long before he came across another player selling breads, a baker he guessed. All these players had a common theme, they were all level one, all too afraid to adventure out and fight. The deal went rather smoothly, the woman was selling biscuits and bread rather cheap and had a lot of customers. He managed to get a large sum for only 20 Col.

-170 Col 
+ Vanity items; Whole chicken, leg ham, tasty spread (Can you believe it's no butter?), shortbread biscuits. 

He made his way back to where he met Mari, the day had gone by rather quickly. Fortunately she was still there waiting, he wondered if she was pissed that he took so long. No matter, he had everything she wanted and made profit on it. By the looks of it she was sleeping. He poked her cheek gently, her skin was rather soft for a person living in the outdoors "Wake up sleeping beauty, your meal has arrived".

Mari felt him approach, she opened an eye lazily as he poked her cheek. "To wake, I gotta be asleep first." Mari sat up straight. Craning her neck before rubbing the back of it, mumbling more to herself than to Hyun. "God, don't even remember what that's actually like." She muttered dryly. Mari gave her head a slight shake, turning her gaze up toward Hyun. 

"Yanno - most people don't even think about standin' in my space. Let alone actually touching me. You're either ignorant, stupid, have major balls - or are a bit o' a gambler." Mari mused as she stretched. 

"So, let's see what ya got." Mari said as she opened up a trade window.

Vaan was walking around the outside of town when he smelt delicious food. He followed the scent he was not hungry but it smelled amazing. He followed and heard let's see what ya got. He moved closer and seen two people trading for the food. One had a orange crystal on her head saying she was a pker which explained why she was trading for some food and the other had a green one so he could actually get into the town's food areas. If he hid to find out more the pker would probably kill him. He needed a clever thing or else they would probably end him. He knew what to say. Yeah, I guess they should have a cook out here. And BTW don't kill me for anything like sneaking up on ya guys. It's not that you're a player killer part its the part where I snuck up on you. There is bad pker and then there's good. Judging by him you're good. Vaan was all the way put of the area so they could clearly see him. \The name is Vaan pleasure to meet you.

Hyun half smiled as the pink haired anomaly 'awoke', her bluntness was refreshing, her quips were contentious, though he didn't take them seriously."To be fair, i've done my fair share of gambling. Paid off quite well so i fancy myself a lucky guy. Though luck favours the prepared mind, I don't believe you'd kill me. As for sleep I suppose that would be one of the many downsides of the orange label?" Hyun opened the trade window and placed in the chicken, the leg of ham, and the shortbread biscuits in and pressed accept. "That should be all of it." He heard a rustling coming from behind him as a player emerged from the forest behind them, he was a young fellow and seemed rather fit, his eyes revealed to Hyun a burden, perhaps a past tragedy. Hyun stared at him for a good moment before speaking, would have addressed the boys comment, though it wasn't directed at him. It was clear to Hyun that judging a book by it's cover was tremendously misguided and didn't expect things to always go as planned. Hyun simply nodded at the boy, not giving a name to him, he didn't see a need to, he definitely didn't look like a strong or experienced player like Mari. 

(OOC: I don't think you can smell another players food inside their inventory..???)

Mari couldn't hide an amused smile as the man, in so few words explained his thoughts on the gamble of associating with her. The woman accepted the trade request, satisfied with the items he retrieved. Mari leaned back, twirling a pink strand of hair around a single finger as she rose her eyes to meet his. "I won't be killing anyone today." She mused. Her smile quickly faded as another approached. "Spoke too soon..." She grumbled

"Kid." Mari began in a short, agitated tone; "The way you bumbled through here? You ain't sneaking up on anyone sweetie." Mari stood, approaching the blonde player. She reached out and pushed his sandy fringe away from his eyes. "I'm anything but good..." Her hand trailed down his face, tracing the outline of his skull, then jawline, till she reached his shoulder. Her hand continued, till it rested in the middle of his chest, she gave him a hard shove, enough so for the kid to stumble back. "Vaan was it?" Mari inquired. "Best stumble back to your little safe haven." 

Vaan watched as the pink haired lady began to move toward him. She seemed agitated. He was going to argue that he was not a kid but shut his mouth because he was only seventeen. She had told him to get out of there. Vaan must have somehow offended her. He was terrible at making friends. She continued to tell him that she was anything but good. And that he should also run back to his little safe haven. Vaan looked her in the eyes and said, " I am actually just looking for materials. My shop is just right over the trees. You just have not heard of it because I am constantly not having business.