[SP, F1-3]<<Worn out Welcome>> Of Blood and Bone, taken by Meokka (Complete!)

Guest Meokka

Guest Meokka

Meokka sighed feeling the pressure of getting stronger take hold. How long would it be before other players picked off all the hunting areas?

She combed her blue hair with her fingers, and then placed part of her hair up in buns. She couldn't go in parties forever. She couldn't rely on other people forever either. What bothered her was the fact enemies on higher levels were said to deal more damage. So she'd had to try and compensate for that. She walked the streets and went into a shop and looked at a free guide there. So there was a quest on floor three. She looked around the establishment. Everyone was busy with their own things. Parties, trading, and training. Everyone was always so busy. It didn't seem to matter if suddenly a person decided to solo. It was like they wouldn't be missed.

Meokka could only think of her friends Teayre, Kotori, and Az. They were all getting so strong.

She then walked to a map that was placed in the establishment. A few other players were there chatting about various training floors, and quests. Though Meokka was only interested in one of them. Floor three. She looked at how many meters it was, and then looked out at the window. It was still early, if she ran now she’d be able to make it there in a few hours without having to fight a boar or worse wolf mob. With her amethyst eyes full of determination she turned towards the door. Meokka paused for a moment listening to the clammer of voices behind her. This was her first quest alone. She didn’t even tell anyone. Anyone she befriended prior to this would know if she died once they looked for their friend. She got the sick feeling they’d look, and then move on. That was life in SAO. It happened. She balled her hands into tight fists at the thought. That’s when she walked out of the pub and made her way outside of the town to reach Floor Two. 

She ran hard and fast and saw a boar ahead of her. She bit her lip knowing it was in her way.

Meokka LVL 7 HP 17

Boar HP: (FloorLevel 1 x 2) 2HP

Meokka BD 8 (well let me get all Kirito in this Roleplay XD)

​The boar charged at her furiously and she brought out her lance. 

"HAAAAAAH!" she cried.

Her spear connected with the boar, a line of red went across it. Meokka kept running, never turning back to see the mob shatter behind her. She had to get to floor 2 before 3pm. That gave her three hours. If she was good she could make it in less time. Meaning she could rest, and then run to floor three to meet the npc before dusk! She tried to run faster knowing her time limit full well!

Dmg calculation 1 from weapon +1 from skill = 2dmg

Meokka LVL 7 HP 17

Boar HP: (FloorLevel 1 x 2) 2HP -2hp from attack = 0

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Meokka

She slowed to a stop seeing a massive tower before her.

“I made it. Thanks to Tearye’s hikes this wasn’t too hard at all.†She stretched a bit and sat down on the grass.

She looked up at the clear sky. It was a near perfect day.  She laid back in the cool grass.  A yellow butterfly landed on her nose and she opened her eyes looking at it. She stared at it curiously.

“I’ve never seen a butterfly in SAO before. What could have caused this?â€

She stared at it for a moment longer before huffing at it. The creature flew away. That was when a pair of players showed up with their weapons drawn. Meokka rolled and stood up drawing her lance glaring at them.

“What do you think you’re doing?!â€

“You just let it get away!â€

“Let what get away?†Meokka asked staring at them.

“The Colefly! It’s a rare spawn that drops 500cole! It’s just like the rare rabbit spawn people talk about!â€

“Colefly? You mean that yellow butterfly that landed on my face? What were you going to do stab my face for it? Is my face really only worth 500 cole to you. You’re both insain. Why would you kill something that can’t fight back anyway? Has this game really changed you so much you’d kill something so defenseless? You’re becoming the damn monsters you slay!†Meokka screamed.

“That’s a stupid ideal! It’s because of this stupid death game we kill off things like that! Do you know what we could do with 500 cole?!â€

“Not much really, you’d burn through it pretty fast. Don’t rely on something so small. Get yourself a profession or something better. Unless there’s a quest to hunt down coleflies there’s no reason to waste your time.â€

“It’s not a waste!â€

“How long did it take you to walk here anyway?†Meokka asked stubbornly.

“What’s it matter to you?!â€

“Because if you walked her and it took you a few hours, then you should head back to the main town. If you don’t it’ll get complicated.â€

“Why?â€

“Simple, at dusk and night, the wolves come out. It’s an aggressive pack mob, so watch out.†Meokka warned and lowered her lance. “If you don’t mind I have a quest to finish.Instead of searching for butterflies look for chests, but be careful when you see them.†Meokka warned. “Before you ask me why here’s my guidebook, you should read it. Coleflies aren't mentioned so it's probably a fake rumor or something. So ignore it.â€

Meokka opened up her menu and gave them a free trade, giving away her guidebook.

“Jeez, you’re really anal aren’t you?â€

“Hm? Well, if I would have caught the butterfly then I would have ended up with the cole…..So you can keep looking for it if you want, or you can head back so the wolves don’t get you.â€

Meokka just walked away from them and went into the tower to start climbing floors, and has now entered floor 2.

Guest Meokka

Meokka LVL 7 HP 17

Bat HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 4HP

Bat HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 4HP

Using Hide 10 + 1 from darkness

Meokka crept along the dark walls of the cave trying to stay hidden. She had to be careful. Even if the bats were much lower level then she was they came in groups of 2 to 5. It was a bit intimidating. The flapping overhead was almost unnerving. She remembered back home hating bats. The noise they make when they pushed their way through a vent, and then that ungodly flapping noise. It was almost laughable. When that happened she was reading vampire stories, and was obsessed with vampires in general. Vampires were handsome, clever, and romantic. She doubted she’d be able to handle a person who was like that. She was the type to be combative and often icy that a warm gentle touch could make her cave easily. Even if the person had malicious intent.  She was smart in understanding her own naivety and would push out males for that reason.

15631 LT 16 MD2

There was a loud screech that pulled Meokka from her thoughts as two bats flew at her. The first swooped down and she quickly ducked and readied for the second bat!

Turn Order

Bat1

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 17

Bat1 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 4HP

Bat2 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 4HP

Guest Meokka

15632 BD 6

Seeing as the bat that stuck her was in range, the azure haired maiden turned on her heel. She ran forward and let her lance glide across the foul creatures wing. She moved to the side trying to keep away from it. Her back turned to it's partner who would attack next. She tried to listen to the flapping to pinpoint how close it was getting. Her heckles raised and her breathing hitched. Her hatred for bats came full circle, but she tried to use it to her advantage. She didn't want to die here, and least of all, to stupid bats!

Turn Order

Bat1

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 17

Bat1 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 4HP - 1base dmg -1 skill = 2hp

Guest Meokka

15633 MD 10 (Oh well *F@)* )

The echoing of the cave threw off Meokka and the bat dove right at the back of her neck. The bite was hard which caused her to scream. The second bat flew past her, the leather like wing glazed over her neck like as if taunting her.

Meokka's eyes twitched watching the two creatures flying in a jagged pattern in the air. Her left foot went back bracing for an assault.

Turn Order

Bat1

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 17 -1 base -2 critical = 14

Bat1 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 4HP - 1base dmg -1 skill = 2hp

Guest Meokka

15634 MD6

The first bat flew at her face, and Meokka's body felt cold. A knot formed in her stomach as she felt small claws scratch her face. She shook her head and the bat flew back by it's partner. Meokka's glare was fading fast as fear was settling in. No, this shouldn't be a problem! She had far more HP then them! Her resolve burned through her as she got ready to strike!

"it can't end here! I won't let it!"

Turn Order

Bat1

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 14 -1 = 13

Bat1 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2)  2hp

Guest Meokka

15635 BD8 (yes!)

Meokka watched the one that had a red hole in it. She waited a moment and watched as it flew in the air. The pattern had been repeating this whole time! That meant she could hit it!

"Three, two, one!"

She ran forwards and the lance collided with the bat shattering the small creature.

"That's one down. One more to go."

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 14 -1 = 13

Bat1 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 2HP - 1base dmg -1 skill = 0hp

Guest Meokka

15636 MD10 (really not my lucky day XD)

Seeing it's partner shatter in a sea of red the bat dove at Meokka screeching all the while. It drove Meokka back a few steps after thoroughly scratching up her face. If this was real life Meokka would have worried she stumbled on a nest but for the time being she didn't dare think about it. Her face glowed a red as shards escaped the gashes. The idea of running crossed her mind and she frowned. 

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP  13 - 1base -2 crit = 10hp

Guest Meokka

15637 BD1 (Well crap XD)

Meokka's eyes twitched as she stared at the creature. Her heartbeat rang loudly in her ears. She remembered hiding under blankets and running out of her bedroom screaming. As a bat chased her. What saved her that day? Regardless of what or who saved her that day, she found she couldn't move an inch from her location. 

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 10

Guest Meokka

15638 MD 7

The bat's eyes gleamed and it swooped down tearing a new gash in the side of Meokka's neck. Meokka winced, her eyes twitched, If she had that armor now she wouldn't be having such trouble! She turned glaring at the bat. How she wanted to kill the thing. The bat mearily switched up it's pattern and flew around in front of her. Taunting her. It seemed to know Meokka's dislike of bats.

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 10 - 1base = 9Hp

Guest Meokka

15639 BD3

Frozen again Meokka just stared at the bat. It changed it's move pattern! Did this mean the AI could learn? She tried to brace herself! How could this be?! Was it just terrible luck, or was it really learning? What did that mean for bosses? Could they learn as well. AI. Artificial intelligence. Of course it could learn. This was bad.

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 9 - 1base = 8

Guest Meokka

15640 MD 2

The mob flew down trying to get the other side of Meokka's neck! Meokka quickly pulled her spear close to herself and jumped twirling out of the way. She landed facing the bat's back and glared at it.

"It's my turn, I can't die here! I don't want to! Can't you understand that? I'm a real person! If I die I die! You can get more codes, it's not the same for you. For this reason I have no remorse in slaying you. I have to live! So I can protect someone. I have to live so I can take care of someone back home. Don't you dare take that away from me!" Meokka shouted.

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 8

Guest Meokka

15641 BD9 (Sweet!)

With her new found resolve she waved her lance in a pinwheel like motion striking the bat hard to the ground. She pivoted and turned glaring at the bat before her that managed to get up in an almost drunk like state. Meokka jumped into a stance glaring daggers. She was determined to win this fight. It wouldn't be the last thing she'd do and certainly not the most frightening. Her phobia of bats was pushed to the back of her mind. It became a mere dislike of bats now. She like to think her eyes glowed in front of the bat with the same rage the bat had showed her before.

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 8

Bat2 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 4HP -1base - 1 skill -1 crit =1hp

Guest Meokka

15642 MD4 

The bat stared at Meokka. Her will radiating from her body. It flew past her completly missing.

"How the hunter becomes the hunted." Meokka glared, she let out a huff. "Lets see what fate says today. Which one of us. Will. Continue their story."

Power coursed through her, and she knew she'd have to leap forwards at her foe. Hopefully it didn't have anymore ticks up it's sleeve!

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 8

Bat2 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 1hp

Guest Meokka

156444 BD 6 (Fist pump the air!)

Meokka ran forwards and aimed for the large red gash in the bat's frameware. Her lance connected and the creature fell back, spiraling down into red shattered glass. Meokka just stared and fell on her rear huffing a bit. She brought her knees up and hugged them. She sat there in the darkness holding herself for a moment.

"I didn't die....I'm sure they'll be happy about this. Maybe I won't tell them...." she let out a gentle sigh or relieve.

Turn Order

Meokka

Bat2

Meokka LVL 7 HP 8

Bat2 HP: (FloorLevel 2 x 2) 1hp -1 base, -1 skill = 0hp

Guest Meokka

She sat there remember how it was like. The sound. Fluttering wings against a metal grate. The hum as it flapped against the grates, slowly pushing a wing through and curving it's body to get through the small holes. That bat managed to get inside her home. All the while  Komeka Oda laid in bed reading 'Deep Blue' a book about mermaids that she was told to read by her adopted grandmother. She understood the woman wanted to see her act more feminine, but it wasn't really Meokka's style. There were times she wished she could be, but considering her height and that she was basically born into the system. She knew it was like her real mother was a victim of sorts. She wished people didn't stare at her for her height so much. That's when the bat landed on her window. She looked up staring at the thing not realizing what it was. The fury creature was upside down. After a few more moments her memory recalled the strange noise she heard through out the night, and there it was. She inhaled deeply and pulled the covers over her head in utter shock. What if the thing had rabies?! The blanket was sheer and she pulled it with her like a cape and cowl quietly leaving her room and closing the door. She placed the blanket down and ran to her grandfather.

"Grandpa, there's a bat in my room." she told him with a worried expression.

The elderly man grabbed a broom and placed a bucket on his head and grabbed a plate. He walked out as if prepared for battle.  Komeka just stared after him wondering what he was going to do.

"That's sweet of you dear." her grandmother giggled.

"Huh? What?" she asked looking to her grandmother.

"You're so independent he was looking for a reason to champion you. You've made his day." she explained.

Komeka stared at her and then heard a loud WACK! Her grandfather walked out with the bucket, and walked outside to release the bat.

"Ugh, it could have had rabies, were you hurt grandpa?"

"Ha! I was prepared for battle! I had a sword, shield and a helmet!" he guffawed 

"Thanks." she went over to the elderly man and hugged him gently.

Meokka opened her eyes slowly.

"I did it grandpa, this time, I beat the bat just like you did."

HP 9/17

Guest Meokka

Meokka looked through the cave and saw there wasn't a mob for a ways and stood up slowly taking a piece of bread out of her inventory with a quick wave of her hand. She also took a bottle of water and ventured forwards taking a drink. She slowly munched on the bread. She only wished that was the last time she'd see a bat. To be honest bats kept flying through her vents that year. Every night, until her grandfather boarded the vent up with her help. She remembered one incident she ran out of her room scream after one dive bombed her. She smiled a bit, She thought it was funny how she could run from a bat in real life, where she had access to a hospital, where she could get help. Yet here she ended up standing her ground even though it could kill her. Maybe she was crazy. She took another bite and sip of the water. It was then she saw some stairs leading up to floor three. She stood their looking at it. She popped the last bit of bread in her mouth and tipped the bottle up till it ran out of water. She tossed it behind her and heard it shatter. If only that's how it was in the real world.

"I hope this game doesn't turn me into a litterbug. That'd be annoying." she huffed.

She stared at the steps and took a deep breath. She ventured forwards. She saw no reason to turn back now.

HP10/17

Guest Meokka

She walked on floor three. So far so good the mobs didn't seem to be out and about in this area. She felt lucky. After a bit of a walk she noticed a man who was sitting Indian style, and a woman roughly the same age lightly pounding on his back and rubbing his shoulders. Meokka slowly walked up to the shop and looked at them.

"Um, excuse me. Are you the forge-master I've heard about?"

"What's it to ya girly?" he grunted.

"Huh? Girly? I'm six feet tall I'm not 'girl' you know."

"Huh? What did you say?"

"I said I'm not girly." Meokka watched him.

The man stood up and towered over her. He was almost seven feet tall.

"To me everyone is girly sweetheart." he stated in a gruff tone.

Meokka just stared up at him in aw. Then to the woman who was about five inches shorter than she (Meokka) was.

"Honey, you'll scare her away, sit down please."

Meokka blinked a moment. Scare her. The words repeated a few times. She pursed her lips and looked up at the man. 

"Ha! If I scare her she won't last a day upstairs. You might as well turn around girly."

Meokka quickly  saluted at the man and gave him a determined look.

"I'm not scared. I already conqured my fear a floor below."

"Oh did you now? And how's that?"

"A pair of bats came at me."

"You're scared of bats? HA!"

"Was. Now I'm ready to go further." 

"You say that but I doubt you can handle it." he chastised Meokka.

"isn't that why you're here?" She asked him.

"Pardon?"

Meokka went at ease and placed a hand on her hip.

"The quest. Aren't you here to make armor if I complete gathering materials?"

"What kind of armor you lookin' for girly girl?"

"The heavy armor."

"You'll need dragon bone then. There's a secret cave you think you're up to it?"

"Why not?" Meokka asked.

"Maybe I'll tell you a bit about the story behind those dragons. Sit." He motioned for her to sit down and he sat down himself. 

Hanna also sat down, and Meokka sat in front of the interesting couple.

HP11/17

Guest Meokka

The forge-master nodded seeing everyone was comfortable.

"You see, on higher floors, according to the information the beta testers have given out there is a boss on floor 75 called the Skull Reaper. No one has seen it yet, but a few artisans tried their hand at depicting the monster. This bone monster is said to scatter pieces of himself all over the place. The dragons in the room I'm about to describe to you are pieces of the monstrosity. Undead and terrifying, the beasts are of equal size to you girly. They'll stop at nothing to tare you flesh from your bones. They yearn for a face of their own, and they'll keep your bones as their own. To get bigger.

Hanna nodded and folded her hands in prayer.

"I pray for souls that work to try and get the bones of these creatures." 

"If they're undead how do you kill them?" Meokka asked.

"Everything still has a life bar. Though some people have reported that some of the beasts are at 0 HP. If you encounter one, run as fast as you can."

"You're lying to me." Meokka stated sternly.

"Oh?" he asked.

"When you die here, you burst into fragments. They can't take flesh or bone. They'd have no power over me." Meokka stated calmly.

"Hm, maybe you're not such a girly girl after all. Very well I'll tell you were the dragons are, just promise you'll be careful."

"I'll take them on one at a time, I'm no fool."

"Good take this bell. When you get to the secret room, quickly ring this bell."

"Won't this attract more of them?" Meokka asked unconvinced.

"No, don't be stupid. I wouldn't hurt you."

Meokka watched him.

"You're an NPC aren't you? Created by the system. The system that will kill people. How do I know this isn't some sort of trap to kill players off." Meokka glared.

The man just stared at her.

"You just look human, but you do not think for yourself. Humans think therefor they are. What are you if you can't think outside your code." Meokka challenged.

"Hey, I'm a real person in the real world you know."

"Oh really?" Meokka readied her lance glaring.

Hanna moved in front of her husband staring at Meokka wide eyed.

"Hanna, don't you dare!" Griswold pulled her behind himself.

Meokka pursed her lips and lowered her lance. She held her hand out. Griswold gave her the bell.

"If it's a trap. I swear I'll come back so that it never happens again." She glared.

"Good luck." Griswold told her. "I'll be waiting if you come back girly girl."

Meokka just turned to head down the correct path. She looked for the secret room. Returning to floor 2. She hoped it wasn't a trapped room.

HP 12/17

Guest Meokka

She figured if he was a person she'd become a marked player. If he was an npc he'd turn into an immortal object. She wondered what the coding would be for that, and if it was possible to activate that coding. She slapped her own face trying to not think about such an ordeal. That was impossible without invoking some sort of maintenance right? Maybe the nerve-gear would just kill her. She sighed. Maybe they were real people, in which case she did just really screw up. She looked around a bit lost.

"Did they say right or left?"

She looked around trying to find the hidden wall she was told to go through to find the secret entrance.

(5 or higher to find the right place)

Hp 13/17

15655 LD 13 (Bah was hoping to heal up a bit more then that I'll post again then, sorry I need the heal)