SP - F1 Let's Speed Run This! (4th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Completed)

Calrex gave a quick breath as he stood at the exit from the Starting City, getting himself prepared.

"Alright, it's been some time since I've gone solo on one of these trips. Let's see what I can do. I've come far from before, and this time it's just a small order. I should be able to get more than enough."

He quickly swiped through his menu, producing the Alaskan Salmon he had recently purchased from Reu's shop, quickly munching it down. After doing so he quickly equipped his Grand Armament, setting off into the fields, "So far the first and second floors are where I've found the most bountiful materials, so hopefully there's something here..."

Consumed Alaskan Salmon: +1 to BD and LD for entire thread

ID: 15674

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 18

Right from the get go Calrex came across a field of what looked to be some strange glowing flowers. He immediately set himself in the middle of the field and began to pick the flowers, eventually getting enough to get a handful, just enough to suffice as a material. He quickly added it to his inventory, breathing a sigh of relief, "Finally, some luck right out of the gate..."

ID: 15675

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 12

As he continued gathering from the field of flowers Calrex accidentally let his hand open as a gust of wind blew by, the flowers he had gathered being picked up in the breeze. He gave a sigh as he quickly dismissed the disappointment, immediately crouching back down to start gathering more.

ID: 15676

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 11

Unfortunately after that last handful there were no more flowers that proved large or sufficient enough for him to consider them materials. He gave another sigh as he released the handful back onto the ground. As he did he noticed there were some flower stems that appeared to have been eaten, going at least from the roughly cut remains, "So there's monster's around that are attracted to these things."

He slammed his fists together, "Maybe there's still some left in their stomachs that I can salvage. I'm not really in the mood to be sneaking around today..."

Total: 1

Danger Level: 0/3

ID: 15677

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1 / Temp Boost +1) = 7

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

With perfect timing right as Calrex finished resolving himself to start hunting more of the creatures in the area a very large boar came along, its AI system immediately picking up on Calrex's location. It quickly ran forward, using the momentum it had built up so far to try and get up to charging speed. However, its sheer size produced loud sounds as its feet hit the ground, which Calrex quickly picked up on as he turned to face it, "Hm...this one should have a good amount left. Let's see if I get lucky..."

He quickly stepped to the side as the boar got into striking range, immediately planting his stance upon completing his dodge as he brought both of his arms back, slamming them into the boar's side as it flew by. His right hand struck in a horizontal hammer fist while his left hand was in a underhand straight punch. Each one struck successfully as the boar reeled from the strike.

"Maybe if I thin out the mobs in this area it might help speed up looking for the materials..."

HP List

Calrex: 67/67

Enemies:

Oversized Boar: 27/33

ID: 15678

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

As the boar turned around to try and resume its attack Calrex had already closed the gap between them. As he used his <<Sprint>> ability to gain momentum he planted his right leg, using it as an axle as he swung himself around in a full 360. As he came around he clenched both of his hands together as he delivered a double hammer fist to the boar's side. The strike was enough to send the boar sliding back about three paces, however with smaller boars it probably would have sent them further.

After Calrex's sudden followup attack the boar tried to turn and slash him with its tusks, but they merely glanced off of the Grand Chariot armor, not even leaving a scratch as it slid away. In fact, the light tap was enough to trigger the Thorn effect of the armor as a small set of light blue aura chains formed around the forearm that got nicked, erupting from it and striking at the boar. Calrex gave a calming breath as he returned back into his fighting stance, "Keep up the pressure, it seems to be working so far."

HP List

Enemies:

Oversized Boar: 20/33

ID: 15684

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1 / Temp Boost +1) = 6

Calrex gave a calming breath as he rushed in again, keeping an eye on the boar's movements as he closed the distance. As he activated his <<Sprint>> ability he noted the boar beginning to ready for a charge. As they got into striking range he immediately leapt diagonally to the side. The boar charged forward, barely missing its target as Calrex flew to the side. As he did he unleashed a short three strike barrage of punches before side rolling along the ground. While the strikes were not strong enough to interrupt its charge they did deal a decent amount of damage.

As he quickly regained his footing Calrex gave another calming breath, rushing back in.

HP List

Enemies:

Overzied Boar: 14/33

ID: 15685

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

As Calrex got into striking range he threw his fist forward, managing to connect it with the boar. However, this time it seemed the boar had abandoned its former strategy of trying to get a full charge in, opting for a different approach. As Calrex's strike connected suddenly the boar's tusk locked his arm in place as it shook its head around, swinging Calrex left and right before releasing him, the built up momentum flinging him ten paces before he crashed into the ground.

Calrex gave a quick breath as he got to his feet, "Well...that could have gone better. Alright then, it seems to be changing its strategy now. Best be careful and avoid striking close to its head, or else those tusks might try to trap me again."

HP List

Calrex: 66/67 (Mitigation +3)

Enemies:

Oversized Boar: 8/33

ID: 15686

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1 / Temp Boost +1) = 4

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As Calrex closed in for a strike he made sure to try and maneuver his body around to try and get behind the monster before striking. Unfortunately the boar seemed to be on alert as it rotated its body around to keep its eyes on him. From a distance it almost seemed like a children's game of hide and seek, with the seeker trying to get around the tree to catch the hider.

After a few seconds of weaving back and forth, going around in circles, Calrex sighed and leapt back to gain some distance, "I might need to use Acrobatics to get behind it quickly and avoid the retaliation."

HP List

Calrex: 66/67

Enemies:

Oversized Board: 8/33

ID: 15687

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1 / Temp Boost +1) = 10

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Calrex clenched his fists as he approached the boar once again, this time using his <<Sprint>> ability right from the start in an explosive dash. As he got about halfway into striking range he used his <<Acrobatics>> and leapt up and over, rotating in mid-air to keep his eyes on the creature. As he landed behind he brought his arms back, shooting them forward in a double straight punch. Both strikes hit true as the boar was knocked back five paces, its rear end being partially lifted. As the boar slid its front legs served as an axle as the rear made a 180 degree turn, settling down as the momentum ended.

"Alright, not much more. Let's see if this was worth the effort and time."

HP List

Enemies:

Oversized Boar: 2/33

ID: 15688

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1 / Temp Boost +1) = 10

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 17

Calrex repeated his approach one last time as he quick closed the distance between himself and the boar. The approach proved successful as he found himself facing the boar's behind once again. He quickly brought his right leg back as he spun around 360 degrees, delivering a swift hook kick to the boar. This proved to be enough as the boar quickly burst into a series of crystals. As he returned back to his normal stance Calrex viewed the loot from the battle, giving a sigh of disappointment.

"Well...I can't say I expected better. 1 Material plus some extra col. With the amount of time it took fighting that boar I might have been able to procure at least three times that amount. Guess I should return back to my previous methods then."

HP List

Enemies:

Oversized Boar: -4/33

Loot List:

1 Material

Bonus: 165 col

Total: 2

Danger Level: 0/3 (Forced reset by encounter)

ID: 15689

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 23

As Calrex continued further and further away from the Starting City he came across another similar field of flowers from before. He immediately repeated his strategy and began picking up the flowers that seemed suitable, eventually forming another sufficient handful to serve as a material, adding it to his inventory, "Alright, another good bundle. Let's see how many I can get from the field this time around."

ID: 15690

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 6

Yet again his hand had slipped as another inconveniently timed gust blew through the field, scooping up and away the handful he had just finished gathering. As the petals began to scatter in the wind he gave a sigh, immediately getting back into a crouching position as he continued searching.

ID: 15691

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 20

Eventually after another segment of time Calrex was able to successfully put together another handful of suitable flowers, adding them to his inventory, "Alright, this looks to be about all that this field has to offer in terms of suitable items. I'll leave the rest to become fully grown before getting more."

With that he returned back to the path, continuing to walk down it.

Total: 4

ID: 15692

ID: 15693

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +1 / Temp Boost +1) = 9

ID: 15694

Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +1 / Temp Boost +1) = 9

As Calrex continued down the road it appeared that nothing potentially useful was to be found. There was at one point something that might have been useful. A mushroom growing nearby the riverbank. But upon closer inspection Calrex found it to be just an exposed root of a tree. As he continued further down there were two of the suger-like flowers he had found previously, but they were quickly consumed by boars. He gave a sigh as he continued walking, "There's gotta another good bunch somewhere..."

Total: 4

ID: 15695

ID: 15696

As Calrex came across another field he noticed a different kind of material littering the ground. There were mushrooms growing like crazy along the ground. He gave a smirk underneath his helmet before he immediately bent down and began gathering the mushrooms together. By the time he was done he had two big handfuls that he quickly added to his inventory, "Mushrooms and flowers so far. Seems like things that could be useful for an alchemist. Hopefully Mari can make use of them."

ID: 15697

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 14

As he kept searching around he found another mushroom, but unfortunately as he got a good hold of it it got squished in his hand. Calrex sighed as he stood back up, "Well, I must have gotten a little too excited. In any case I'd better keep looking around."

Total: 6

ID: 15698

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 21

As Calrex continued to search around the field full of mushrooms he eventually managed to put together enough for another handful, adding it to his inventory, "Wow, that fish Reu sold is certainly working its magic. It's a lot easier to pick out which ones of these would be suitable and which aren't. I'll definitely need to look into more equipment which helps me with these outings."

ID: 15699

After the last mushroom handful Calrex was unable to procure any more that seemed suitable for usage as a material. With that he gave a nod, getting to his feet and proceeding back down the path, "Alright, what's going to be next?"

ID: 15700

A few steps down the road Calrex found another field of the glowing flowers like before. He quickly entered it and began picking suitable flowers for use, eventually putting together another handful. He gave a nod as he added it to his inventory, "Alright, another set down. I know Mari said 10 would be the minimum, but let's see if we can get her that 15. That should keep her going at least for a decent bit of time."

Total: 8

ID: 15702

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 22

After spending some more time in the field of flowers Calrex managed to gather up another handful sufficient to count as a material, adding it to his inventory, "Alright, that's nine. Just one more for the bare minimum." He gave a sigh of relief at the speed he was going for gathering the materials. Compared to his past attempts, this one seemed so far the most fruitful for its current span of time.

ID: 15703

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 7

However as he tried to gather another bundle of flowers an even stronger gust blew through the field, taking with it any other flowers that would have been deemed useful. Calrex gave a sigh as he dusted off his hands, looking around the field, "Well, that looks to be the last of the ones I could use. Best get moving on then."

ID: 15704

After walking further down the path Calrex came across a tree on top of a fairly small hill, but noted as his eyes scanned the branches what appeared to be various berries that could be useful in concoctions. He quickly rushed over and began plucking some from the lower branches, eventually amassing enough for a handful, which he promptly added to his inventory, "Awesome, that makes 10. Let's see if I can find some more while there's still light out."

Total: 10

ID: 15706

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 5

ID: 15707

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 4 (Danger Level +1)

ID: 15708

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 10

"Well, it looks like I'm not getting any more berries from this tree. Even if I tried to jump and go after the ones further up I'll be using too much energy trying to reach them then actually gathering materials."

As Calrex turned around he made note of a shadow moving some distance away, although it did appear to be stalking him, "And it looks like I might have some unwanted attention. Even more reason to get moving on."

He gave a sigh as he stretched his arms before heading back to the path.

Total: 10

Danger Level: 1/3

ID: 15709

After traveling some time Calrex happened upon a part of the riverbank that seemed to be less occupied with creatures, so he figured to stop and see if he could find some materials near the water. He saw what appeared to be something down beneath the surface, but when he reached down it turned out be a simple frog that swam off.

ID: 15710

ID: 15711

After some more looking around he came across some plant saplings that seemed to be giving off a strange sparkling pollen. Figured it might be useful he managed to successfully pluck two, adding them to his inventory, "Alright, already 2 up. This is going much better than I had ever hoped."

Total: 12

ID: 15713

As he continued to search along the riverbank Calrex managed to find another of the sparkling pollen saplings he had seen previously. He quicly snatched it up and added it to his inventory as he gave a sigh, "Alright, that makes 13. Just two more and that will completely fill Mari's order. Then I can focus on finding possibly some extra that I can give to Teayre and the guild."

ID: 15714

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Boost +1) = 14

ID: 15715

After walking along for some time unfortunately there appeared to be no more of the saplings along the riverbank. With a sigh of disappointment Calrex got to his feet and returned to the road, "Well, I've come this far out. I should probably start making my way back before it becomes nighttime."

Total: 13

As Calrex was making his way back towards the Starting City he suddenly got a message, "Hm? Rusty?"

With a quick few swipes he pulled up the message, his eyes quickly scanning through it before giving a nod, "Alright."

"So Rusty needs a few materials as well. Alright, shouldn't be a problem. Five on top of the two more I need to find isn't much to ask for. Alright, let's get this done."

ID: 15718

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 23

As he made his way back he noticed that there appeared to be another sparkling pollen sapling just a few paces off from the main road. He quickly walked over and retrieved it, adding the plant to his inventory, "Alright that makes 14. So now I've just got to find 6 more."

ID: 15719

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 14

ID: 15720

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 10

After searching the immediate area where he found the plant Calrex gave a sigh as he returned back to the path, putting a hand behind his head, "Well, other than the one plant, that was everything I could find. Hopefully more start appearing as I continue making my way back."

With that he continued walking, emerging from the shade of the trees as he arrived back in the fields, "Hm...there's gotta be something around here."

Total: 14

ID: 15726

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 11

As Calrex continued his trek back towards the Starting City he stopped in another field to check and see if there was anything he could possibly scavenge for that would prove useful. Unfortunately, this time there appeared to be no flowers at the right size that would pose suitable for materials. He gave a sigh as he got to his feet, deciding to move to the set patch of ground.

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 19

Over here Calrex found enough flowers to amass a handful, quickly adding it to his inventory, "Alright, that's enough to fill Mari's order, now to work on Rusty's."

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 6

As he kept searching the patch of ground he was standing on unfortunately he was unable to find any other things that would prove useful. With a disappointed sigh he got to his feet and stretched his arms, "Alright, I'd best keep looking to see if I can find anything else."

Total: 15

As Calrex arrived back in the Starting City he did a quick check of the time, "Alright good, there's should be enough light to make another outing today to fill Rusty's order. Since Mari requested so urgently I should probably get these to her ASAP."

He went over to the teleportation circle on the first floor, quickly moving to the tenth floor to deliver Mari's order.

________

After delivering the order Calrex departed once again into the field surrounding the first floor settlement to try and procure more materials.

ID: 15741

Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 4 (Danger Level +1)

ID: 15742

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 10

For the first few minutes it seemed like Calrex's luck had decided to take a break as he was unable to find any other materials within the immediate vicinity of the Starting City. In fact, as he looked around he swore he had gotten some unwanted attention. "I'd best keep moving. Don't want to linger with any other monsters around, especially if they're not going to yield any more materials than doing this."

ID: 15743

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Temp Buff +1) = 21

As Calrex kept moving down the road he suddenly saw something catch his eye. On one of the trees there appeared to be some sap leaking from a small gash in its side, possibly from a monster. He quickly approached, looking to see if he had any loose bottle to use. Luckily enough he did as he filled it up with as much sap as he could, quickly adding it to his inventory, "Alright, one down, four to go. Then after that it's just casual gathering for Teayre and the guild."

Total: 1

Danger Level: 1/3 (Reset after returning to Starting City)